MK802 Alternatives?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Grazzer

Grazzer

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

What about THAT alternative? Quad-Core, 1.7 GHz, 2 GB RAM!
And it says it will provide community support, and uses the same Mali 400 GPU. Should we see an open-source or useable Ubuntu driver here?

http://www.hardkerne...e=G135235611947

WOW, that looks a useful brute! Price adds up when you get essential add-ons, but not too bad.
Would make an interesting home project and a super Linux/Android TV box.

#22 Sebz4n

Sebz4n

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

Where did you order from? My DX.com Uhost2 order just got canceled, I am getting a NEO G4 instead.

#23 Grazzer

Grazzer

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Ordered mine from in4dealz.com. It arrived today. Will try it later when I have the tele to to myself.
Still waiting for the air mouse.

#24 Sebz4n

Sebz4n

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

My NEO G4 is shipped, so I guess I will have to work with that. I hope I can find a USB dongle that it'll support, so I can use my PS3 controllers

#25 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

I've been at this TV thing now for about 18 months and have almost settled into a final solution that currently does not involve an android box.

First off, let me say that the Logitech K400r keyboard/trackpad with unifying remote is perfect. I bought a genuine one from Amazon. There really is no comparison with the iPazzPort type mini keyboards or Feltouch type, no frustration with fat fingers and midget keys.

I tried the Android Surbox, but now find my mini-itx dual core atom box (total cost $200) works a charm with hdmi out.

So my setup ends up like this:

Samsung 42" with ATSC and QAM tuner. External mounted Antennas Direct 8 bay, pre-amp. We're very rural but pick up 9 free HD digital channels. So, I'm covered for local news, classic TV, music TV, PBS. And unfortunately, the home shopping channel, but hey, it's all free OTA.
mini-itx fanless dual atom 2.13ghz with 640GB and 4GB. hdmi out, XBMC and all the official online streaming from the networks. Also attached a Hauppauge 850 for PVR on the OTA channels with WinTV.
Apple TV. 3rd generation, vanilla.
Roku 2 XD.

I actually bought an Apple TV 2nd generation 18 months ago for eighty bucks and then sold it on ebay for two-twenty-five, bought the 3rd generation with the proceeds and had enough left for the Roku.

I'm in Canada and may use unblock-us but at the moment, there are not enough hours in the day to watch what is available.

And cable TV, gone. Eighty dollars a month in the piggy bank.

That's a lot of sausages....

Edited by dryster, 22 December 2012 - 04:22 PM.

Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.

#26 Verrm

Verrm

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

I just got Kimdecent B13. I think it's best TV stick on the market cuz it also has 2mpx camera, mic, BT and metal case that acts like a radiator itself. I am trying to get a rom for it fit for running linux dualboot with android on this mini pc :)

Edited by Verrm, 09 January 2014 - 05:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users