External SD Card

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rdweiler

rdweiler

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

Do any of the TeamDRH ROMs support A2SD? With the limited amount of internal RAM we have, we can we not access/move apps to the external SD card. Or is there some silly setting I am missing. I can see the SD card everywhere in the G Tab, but as far as things like A2SD, no joy. I am sure it is some easy fix that I am missing or something else simple. ANY help would be great. THANKS

#2 Xopher

Xopher

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

1) Wrong forum. This forum is for ROM postings only.

2) No. They have stated that they want to work on stability while in beta, so that feature has not been turned on. It is something that may be turned on in the future.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams..."

#3 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

Yea this is for ROM dev, but its only his 4th post, cut us newbies some slack!

There is no app2sd support for JB and I am pretty sure I read that this is the case with all JB roms right now. Maybe it will work with the newer kernel or will be hacked into the newer kernel.

Btw, Qs relevant to a certain rom should be asked in the main thread for the rom, that way plenty of people will see it.

FWIW, ap2sd does absolutely nothing for RAM, it only uses the microsd instead of the internal storage. We have 13gigs of internal storage, which is different from our 512 megs RAM. RAM is eaten up when programs are running, not just because they are installed in internal storage. If you want to free up RAM, then freeze Gapps that you dont use. If your sys becomes unstable then unfreeze the last google app you stopped to return your sys to stable.

Edited by redeyedjedi, 26 August 2012 - 01:00 PM.

Say it...Say it! "We're gonna need another Timmy!"

#4 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,254 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

Since this is not a MOD/ROM...

Topic moved from development sub-forum as per this thread: READ BEFORE POSTING!!!!!!!!!!! - [UPDATED 5/23/2011]

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

:drinks:
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#5 rdweiler

rdweiler

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

Thanks for the help.
And by the way, I clicked post while I was in the forum I wanted it to go to. Don't know why it went where it did. Very confusing

#6 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,254 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for the help.
And by the way, I clicked post while I was in the forum I wanted it to go to. Don't know why it went where it did. Very confusing

You're welcome.

Yes, confusing... to clarify: are you saying you posted in one forum and the topic went to another? There are a couple possibilities I can think of: Too many tabs open? Or possibly posting during a server refresh?

Has this happened before? (to anyone?) If so, does this happen often? From PC/Slate/or phone? Using which OS/browser/app/tapatalk?
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers