Android Tablets Forum banner

[ROM] [UPDATED 08/09] Ice Fusion v0.2

91K views 191 replies 87 participants last post by  Aidzis 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is ICS, fully functional, and compatible m7/c8/a8.
This based on urbetter OFW Kernel 3.0.8

I made a few fixes, cleaned, updated app to be a well finished FW.

- Upgrade all gapps
- Clean unnecessary apps
- Updated busybox and installed in /system/xbin
- Added CM apps, Apollo, DSPManager, terminal emulator, CM wallpaper.
- Changing the Launcher by CM lancher, Trebuchet.
- Rooted and more ...

Tested and working wifi, 3g, hdmi, bt, and very good gpu hw acceleration

What does not work:

- Let me know

Ice Fusion v0.2

- Fixperms And fix root.
- Add init.d folder, sysctl.conf
- Tweak's build.prop
- +Clean

What does not work:

- Wifi sleep policy

Download Link > http://www.mediafire.com/?v3y3g3ma1pcdqt6

Ice Fusion v0.1

Download Link > http://www.mediafire.com/?5o8c8ak0ohi0vk6

See less See more
#3 ·

What does not work:

- Let me know
Thank you very much. very cool... quick, sharp, complete...
Ummm... I immediately put on TiB, but it complained it could not get root ( and therefore a no-go ) ?
On install, I did the "fix permissions" step as the last one before shut down and first boot.

#6 ·
yes, Thank You ! ! !
Ummm, on TiB install ( gets root ) and then says, "Your ROM is rooted but the 'su' binary has non-optimal access rights, whhich may cause problems." . . . it says it can fix it, and so i do... then it says "Access rights on the 'su' binary were successfully corrected from '0:2000[6755]' to '0:0[6755]'... Please reboot to apply...

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
new strange behavior pertaining to the battery / power system . . .
i rebooted after the two benchmark runs and i got a msg "connect your charger". . hmmm, the batt was at 75 percent ? ? ? . and there is a red lightening bolt inside the tiny battery symbol at the bottom, right corner, and i am "not" able to swipe the lock to go to the desktop ... aarrgghh, i broke the banana plug on my little multimeter ... cannot get the batt error to go away. am hoping it'll toggle back to 'happy' when the charger is done pushing the level to 100 percent ... hoping that works ...
so now i consider this conditionb as being a "big bug"... i patiently waited for the battery to charge back up to it's 100 percent and then the problem did not go away. . i did not mention before that the physical buttons also do not work at the same time as the screen swipe ( to unlock ) does not work. . so one has to toggle power off with the power switch. . time to wipe the tablet and reload...

#9 ·
If you want this ROM to be rooted then follow these steps:
1. Get 7z for opening tgz files it maintains file permissions
2. open root.tgz push su to system\bin folder
3. push busybox to system\xbin folder
4. push install_busybox.sh to system\etc folder

You can find these files in ICS Alpha 10 posted by namko.
This should do it. Do not use Fix permissions from namko recovery if you follow above steps.

#12 ·
This is ICS, fully functional, and compatible m7/c8/a8.
This based on urbetter OFW Kernel 3.0.8

I made a few fixes, cleaned, updated app to be a well finished FW.

- Upgrade all gapps
- Clean unnecessary apps
- Updated busybox and installed in /system/xbin
- Added CM apps, Apollo, DSPManager, terminal emulator, CM wallpaper.
- Changing the Launcher by CM lancher, Trebuchet.
- Rooted and more ...

What does not work:

- Let me know

Ice Fusion v0.1

Download Link > http://www.mediafire.com/?5o8c8ak0ohi0vk6
I am glad to hear that it was helpful to jolocotroco !!

#16 ·
After using this new ROM for about a day now I've noticed a couple of things that are causing me a little bit of trouble.

The first and biggest issue for me is that the wifi will turn off when the tablet sleeps and there appears to be no system menu option to keep the WiFi connection on always. I didn't seem to have this problem with the last ICS ROM build. I like to keep my network running because I stream music with the display off often. When the WiFi turns off automatically it makes streaming impossible.

The second and less important issue for me is the speaker volume. It may just be by C8 has a bad speaker but it's a lot quieter than I remember it being from the previous ROM. This could be just me though. I honestly don't know...

Despite those small inconveniences this ROM is truly great. Thanks.

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi

i've flashed it too and, wow it's great and fast!

but, i've got a similar problem than davidching111, nand partition are too small.

i was using genesis 3.2 and with my 32gb internal card, it used 1.4gb too data partition and now, it's limited to 1gb, so i've got a problem.

how can we change partitions size into rom ?

is it in the root.tar file ?

edit : usb file transfert is really slow for me, 1mb/s max, 4h to copy 15gb....

#22 ·
Hi Guys! I am using the Alpha1 ROM. When I´am trying to flash the Ice Fusion v0.1 as as "patch/update" in the Flashing-Menue then I got this error:
"An error occured while trying to perform the requested operation"

After that patch is applaying and so on. After that system boots and everything is fine - but the W-Lan doesn´t work not at all. Can someone help me please? sorry for my english and my noobness.

#23 ·
The to jol for coming up with this better ics rom.
Some limitations I felt using this rom :
- video hardware rendering fail to play mkv and any videos bigger than 480p smoothly, the video stuttering, especially for 720p, this never happen in previous rom. (I'm using moboplayer and mx player)
- green leaks happen for flv videos only.
- status bar auto hide not working, even on fullscreen videos three dots remain to replace the buttons.
- antutu scores increased for a lot but the games missing anti aliasing effects. (should use chainfire to get the effect back)

Other than that, this is a best ics rom for c8 so far.
Question :
- is there any ways to make data partition larger than 1gb or using the rest space available after system and cache? (like tsunami did)
- antutu score increased a lot, is this real? Or is it because antutu's scoring system update?

Thanx Jol.

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
hi

after one night with this rom, i've noticed some bugs for me

haipad m7++

- crappy sound ("crac" in headphones)
- touchscreen issue, it goes sometimes to the right corner in game and nothing can bring it back but stop the app
- no internet but wifi ok, maybe a config problem but can't solved it
- adwlauncher (sorry i don't like trebuchet) apps menu is low
- ingame are pixelized (??), nova 3 is slow and no antialiasing (strange isn't it ?)

some other minor bugs, strange app way to work sometimes, but damn, this rom is really fast, the fastiest i've tried ever

neocore test : 87.7fps
nenamark2 : 29.7fps

#32 ·
davidching111 :

no, it doesn't solve the data problem, because when you restore (titanium) your progs, in my example, 248 apps, 1gb is not enougth, I used to have 1.5 or 2gb I don't remember with genesis 3.2.01.

For me, the biggest problem is the internet connection.

I've got wifi, Lan, but no internet, static ip config is good, I'll try the 32 length tips instead of 24, we'll see!!

A strange effect also is the pixelization ingame, what can we do ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.