• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Piers

Piers

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

I really advise you DONT buy using Elijah. They sent me a firmware to try and fix an issue which has resulted my N101 II being stuck at the splash screen. Also since no one knows the key combination to enter the tablet into recovery it's pretty much dead. I have used Bobs ROM Flash Tool but that doesn't see the tablet and neither does the Rockchip Batch Tool.

:(
YuanDao N101 I/+ Rooting | Firmware | Full Play Store | Tweaks
YuanDao N101 II Rooting | Firmware | Full Play Store | Tweaks

#2 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

On Samsung phones, should be same for all Android devices, it is volume up, volume down and then power button.
http://www.youtube.c...k0PhA_qc#t=210s

You should try other key combinations if that does not work.

I was able to get into recovery on my i7 by holding down menu button while booting the tablet. etc.

You may have better luck with Rockchip tool once battery drains. Possible you are stuck in boot loop which will not allow the computer to recognize the tablet. Not sure if tablet is turning off for you or not. This is where reset button can help out if you have one. ie, press reset button before doing volume up and power button

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#3 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

Also try volume down + power button if volume up+down + power button do not work out.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#4 Piers

Piers

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

Actually since posting that I have just managed to get it working. I have a source and have the official Jelly Bean update for the N101 2. It's 400MB so quite a big .img. Testing it now.

Posted Image

http://forum.vondroi...11&p=4663#p4663
YuanDao N101 I/+ Rooting | Firmware | Full Play Store | Tweaks
YuanDao N101 II Rooting | Firmware | Full Play Store | Tweaks

#5 cw-kid

cw-kid

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

Hi

I am looking to purchase a 10" tablet I was looking at the iBex Flytouch 9 is that a clone of the Window N101 ?

Would you recommend the Window N101 II ? Where can I purchase a genuine one from? I am in the UK.

The FlyTouch 9 has Android ICS, if you can install Jelly Bean on the Window N101 II that would be the better choice I would think. Never owned an Android tablet before so any advise welcome, looking on auction sites seem to be a mine field full of clones and don't want to make a purchasing mistake!

Thanks

#6 hmsr21

hmsr21

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hi

I am looking to purchase a 10" tablet I was looking at the iBex Flytouch 9 is that a clone of the Window N101 ?

Would you recommend the Window N101 II ? Where can I purchase a genuine one from? I am in the UK.

The FlyTouch 9 has Android ICS, if you can install Jelly Bean on the Window N101 II that would be the better choice I would think. Never owned an Android tablet before so any advise welcome, looking on auction sites seem to be a mine field full of clones and don't want to make a purchasing mistake!

Thanks

Totally sympathise with you for being a newbie with android devices.
Not so long ago I was in the same situation. Although I have learned a lot just by coming to Slatedroid and paying attention to people’s problems and questions. I have learned to follow the posts of people who can really help us get acquainted with these amazing devices.
By what I have learned and by personal experience I would strongly recommend you to get the Yuandao N101 which is an amazing machine. It has everything you need and more.
The original firmware is not very good but Roman2025 and his team have worked wonders with their modified firmware for this unit.
You can actually learn about flashing it and download the firmware from the links at the bottom of his signature.
I am recommending this unit after having used the following tablets:
Flytouch Superpad 6
Zenithink C71
Zenithink C91
Zenithink ZT-282 C91 Upgrade
Digimate T-909
Pipo Max M1
Yuandao N101 (currently enjoying)
If you are into hardware specs and details like user experience and the feel of a good build then you won’t regret it.
From UK I have used a combination of e b a y and sites like ebellking. What I would suggest is to keep an eye on these forums and educate yourself. Then make an informed decision.
Hope this helps.

Waiting on delivery of Ainol Novo 9 Spark ll.

Looking forward to test it out and report on findings.

#7 sarg

sarg

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

DFU mode is entered by pressing Vol- when powering the device.
If you can't get in DFU mode, you can try to put device in MaskRom mode by shortcircuting pins on NAND chip.
Google for instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users