Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipo M3 (P102) 10.1 inch tablet

35K views 60 replies 22 participants last post by  Tablet_Collector 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks to Jareds20 in the Pipo M1 thread for spotting this. I thought it was worth a thread of its own.

It looks like a real contender in the 10.1 inch tablet stakes.
It even has twin front facing speakers like the N101. Actually it was mentioned way back in April in the Charbax video.

Only trouble is it seems a bit scarce.

See the following links.

http://www.pipo.com.cn/product.php?id=95

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=1003.2.2.2&id=19065068749&scm=1003.3.03013.21_55&acm=03013.1003.55.208.19065068749_1

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/606768214-Rockchip-PIPO-3066-Dual-Core-32GB-DDR3-1GB-10-1inch-10-Point-Capacity-Touch-Screen-Android-wholesalers.html

Jez

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah looks interesting. The link from the official PIPO site lists only a 4000mah battery though. The aliexpress link seems to show what looks like an OEM window N101 with different specs. Hopefully this gets a proper outing soon and is reviewed on the usual china sites. From what i've read though PIPO build quality seems decent on the whole, perhaps a touch improved over the likes of window and cube. The Acho c909t could have potential too, nice design.

#4 ·
Thanks AlienUFO looks very nice from the photos. The display also looks impressive next to the Nexus 7. Wonder when it will be more generally available.

Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

#5 ·
I have really fallen for the m1 and been impressed with PiPos attention to QC. Perhaps this will make a better fit for our store than the poorly qc'd N101 II.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yes that is what I am hoping for too Roman. With the Cube MVA displays and N101 issues I am looking for a good and reliable alternative! This might be it.

Here's another link http://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=144388
They give it 9.3 out of 10 and list a few merchants who sell it.

Jez

#6 ·
Read the feedback leaved in the aliexpress link given in the first post (link)
THE PRODUCT IS OK BUT THE SELLER WAS NOT FAIR WITH ME. I ORDERED 32 GB , 10.1 INCHES BUT WAS SUPPLIED WITH 16 GB, 9.7 INCHES. AVERAGELY, THIS SELLER IS RELIABLE AND I CAN STILL PATRONOSE HIM.
So be carefull.
It seems that 10.1 version is not available yet in aliexpress. I don't see it available from any other seller there.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Read the feedback leaved in the aliexpress link given in the first post (link)

So be carefull.
It seems that 10.1 version is not available yet in aliexpress. I don't see it available from any other seller there.
I am waiting for it to appear in any of the big stores...Pandawill, Eternal etc.
Actually, I will contact them and ask when/if they are getting it.

Jez

#11 ·
I had a reply from Elijah who say it is in stock, doh. They were clearly talking about the M1.

I also had a reply from Eternal who came up with the much more plausible :

For now we have not get any news that the M3 will release, we will pay close attention to it. For now we also have many new models available now, wish some units can get your attention. Regards, Antata
Jez

#12 ·
I trust Elijah about as far as I can throw them. :-(

#13 ·
Hi Roman,

Yes I have read about your dealings with Elijah; shocking!

TBH if a good alternative 10.1 inch tablet doesn't come along soon I will probably settle for a 9.7 inch one, the Pipo Max M1.
It sounds great and with your Top Notch firmware even better

Jez

#14 ·
I am a big fan of the M1. I like the N90 II a lot as well, however the better build on the M1 and consistent quality I have gotten from PiPo thus far have won me over. The N90 II I will say has a brighter screen and I need to do WiFi comparison between the two because I do suspect the N90 II has much better range. I couldn't believe how far out in the parking lot I was from a little coffee shop here with the N90 II the other day and I still had a working signal. (I would guess I was about 100 feet away, in my car!). It was slower than when I was in the shop but I was still able to use google voice command to pull up and load a map and directions. I want to try the same with the PiPo M1 to see how it goes.

Regards,

Roman

#15 ·
I emailed Pipo to get more information about the P102. I received a reply that stated the tablet is available for sale and also a very nice excel spreadsheet. Apparently there will be a 3G version of the P102. I would attach the spreadsheet but i don't know how. Here is a copy of the P102 info (the spreadsheet lists many Pipo tablets):

PiPO Tablet PC Quotation New
Model No. P102
Specs
Display Size 10.1"
Resolution 1280x800 IPS
Ratio 16:10
Touch Panel Type Capacitive
Points of touch 10
System CPU "Rockchip 3066 Cortex A9
Dual-core CPU + Quad-core GPU"
CPU speed 1.6GHz
RAM 1GB DDR3
Operation System Android 4.0
G-Sensor Yes
Camera Front 2M, back 5M
Microphone x1
Speaker x2 (front speakers)
I/O ports Micro SD slot x1
USB port "mini 5pin USBx1(to PC)
mini 5pin USB Hostx1(to device)"
HDMI output mini HDMI port x1
Earphone jack x1
DC-IN jack x1
Communication Wifi 802.11/b/g/n
Internal 3G built-in Optional
External 3G support Yes
Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR Optional
Mutimedia Audio MP3,WMA,WAV, APE,FLAC, AAC, OGG
Video AVI,WMV,MP4,MKV,RM, RMVB, FLV, MOV,3GP...up to 1080P, supports WebM VP8 decoding
Photo JPEG,BMP,GIF,PNG
ebook PDF,text,Epub...or more formats by 3rd software
Adobe flash Support 11.1
Power AC adapter 9V 2.5A
Battery capacity 4000mAh by 7.4V
Physical Characteristics Material metal back
Weight 748g
Dimensions 259*183.3*13 mm
Accessories AC adapter x1
earphone x1 (earphone with mic)
USB cable x2(including a convertor cable)
Stylus No
User Manual x1
Gift box x1
Leather case Optional
USB ethernet adaptor Optional
Silicon/plastic case NO

#17 ·
I emailed Pipo to get more information about the P102. I received a reply that stated the tablet is available for sale and also a very nice excel spreadsheet. Apparently there will be a 3G version of the P102. I would attach the spreadsheet but i don't know how. Here is a copy of the P102 info (the spreadsheet lists many Pipo tablets):

PiPO Tablet PC Quotation New
Model No. P102
Specs
Display Size 10.1"
Resolution 1280x800 IPS
Ratio 16:10
Touch Panel Type Capacitive
Points of touch 10
System CPU "Rockchip 3066 Cortex A9
Dual-core CPU + Quad-core GPU"
CPU speed 1.6GHz
RAM 1GB DDR3
Operation System Android 4.0
G-Sensor Yes
Camera Front 2M, back 5M
Microphone x1
Speaker x2 (front speakers)
I/O ports Micro SD slot x1
USB port "mini 5pin USBx1(to PC)
mini 5pin USB Hostx1(to device)"
HDMI output mini HDMI port x1
Earphone jack x1
DC-IN jack x1
Communication Wifi 802.11/b/g/n
Internal 3G built-in Optional
External 3G support Yes
Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR Optional
Mutimedia Audio MP3,WMA,WAV, APE,FLAC, AAC, OGG
Video AVI,WMV,MP4,MKV,RM, RMVB, FLV, MOV,3GP...up to 1080P, supports WebM VP8 decoding
Photo JPEG,BMP,GIF,PNG
ebook PDF,text,Epub...or more formats by 3rd software
Adobe flash Support 11.1
Power AC adapter 9V 2.5A
Battery capacity 4000mAh by 7.4V
Physical Characteristics Material metal back
Weight 748g
Dimensions 259*183.3*13 mm
Accessories AC adapter x1
earphone x1 (earphone with mic)
USB cable x2(including a convertor cable)
Stylus No
User Manual x1
Gift box x1
Leather case Optional
USB ethernet adaptor Optional
Silicon/plastic case NO
Thanks Dustin79 for sharing the M3 (P102) detail specs.
Just wonder about the low battery capacity (4000mAh ??) and the thickness, 13mm is quite thick isn't it ?

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for the tablet details. I have emailed them about the battery as well although I suspect it's shown as 4000 maH at 7.4v which could equate to 8000maH at 3.7v.

13 mm does seem quite chunky, let's hope it's an error.

Jez

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
That would be my guess as well.

13 mm is very thick. That might actually be the packaging dimension. Pipo uses uber thin boxes.

#23 ·
N101 II is a nice 10.1" device with 32 GB of Ram and a higher PPI screen. However it has touchscreen issues and some other problems (battery meter inaccuracy) due to Yuandao's crap firmware
. Also, build quality is great if you get a good one, however Yuandao Quality Control is rather lacking and things like bum microphones and loose casing have been reported. So, if you get a good one (and there is a fair chance that you will) and Yuandao fixes the firmware in the next few months then you have probably the nicest unit of the lot.

Aoson M11 - Well built (from what I have read) but it has a smaller battery (7000 mAh instead of 7800 mAh in the PiPo) which is still decent, and it is fat and heavy not to mention a bit ugly (in the Pics I have seen it has an odd Chrome bar across the back). Aoson has a good reputation though, it has decent community support, I don't know much about how the firmware is but I would expect it is pretty good, and I have heard the build quality is great. I debated back and forth on selling this unit but ultimately the very thick and heavy design , slightly smaller battery and slightly higher price turned me off. It would be a solid choice though.

PiPo Max M1 - Thus far I have had a very good experience ordering this device. The "worst" problem I have had is that a couple have come with a few areas of the back metal plate casing not snapped in place which takes about 30 seconds to fix. Design wise they look nice, are well built, and are quite thin at 9.9 mm I think? They do win the "stupid award" for speaker placement. They put a rather under-powered speaker on the lower right-hand corner (landscape orientation) so it is easy to cover if playing a game. That's my only gripe. I went with this unit for our store because the Jelly Bean firmware is near perfect and ridiculously fast and smooth, the QC from PiPo has been very good, the device isn't generic as PiPo actually tries to put some thought into their packaging and accessories (very refreshing from a China Tab company) and did I mention I have been really happy with the QC (Quality Control). That really is the biggest sticking point for me. Bad Quality control kills my business. To many customers getting units that have defect and there goes the whole bottom line not to mention a bunch of frustrated customers.

That brings me finally to the N90 II which really should be considered.

N90 II - Similar to the PiPo Max M1 - Very good battery life, pretty smooth Jelly Bean firmware although the PiPo still feels a smidge faster. Where the N90 II SHINES though is the screen (which is very very bright) and incredibly good Wifi. It is also deliciously thin (same thickness as the M1 however the sloped sides make it feel very very thin when you hold it and look at it) and it has a rear firing mono speaker that is quite loud.

--- Why are we NOT selling this unit? ----

CONS - Build Quality - It is tight and decent but the rear panel is Plastic not metal (one good drop and it feels like it would crack). The rear panel is an absolute scratch magnet, you breath on it, it scratches. The scratches aren't bad but you will notice them and be annoyed
. It just "feels" cheaper. I mean, I love how comfortable it is to hold and use, the plastic back is why it is so light and also probably why it has such good Wifi. Finally, I have major concerns with Yuandao's quality control and the longevity of this device. I just know I will have more customers with broken units in 6 - 8 months with this tablet than I will with the PiPo M1. It isn't as sturdy. Because the WiFi, Screen, and Speaker are all so nice, I could almost forgive that except I guarantee the defect rate is also a lot higher and I just can't deal with shipping a bunch of defective stock back to China OR WORST having defective stock dropshipped to my customers or slip by me and then they are involved in the hassle of replacing it. Forget about it. If you are buying for yourself and you don't mind flipping a coin (don't get me wrong, you have excellent odds of getting a perfectly fine working device) and you can be really gentle with the unit you get, this might be the best way to go. As for me and my shop though, I am going to err on the side of sturdiness and build quality even if that means sacrificing a bit of weight, speaker, WiFi, screen brightness.

Also, the M1 is way sexier
lol. Svelte Black Metal vs. White Plastic with Shiny orange lettering. You do the math. Its like putting a Aston Martin DB7 next to a Street Modded Honda Civic. Both are nice, but the DB9 has class (speaking purely on a looks basis here).

Ultimately I would have the M1 and part of that is that I like the 4:3 form-factor which further rules out the N101 II for me.

Hope that helps rather than muddle things more.

Regards,

Roman

#24 ·
EDIT: I have no idea what the M3 will be like, I am hoping it will be as good as and slightly better than the M1 while also sporting the 10.1" wide formfactor. I would like to offer it rather than the N101 II at this point.

#30 ·
Thanx for all the info Roman! I have been looking at the Cube U30GT which has about the same specs as the N101, but now this new M3 with the same specs, but some improvements, like stereo speakers is looking good too. When do you think you might get them? What about the new quad core processor coming out. What size screen will it be offered with and when?

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Roman2025: do you know if the pipo m1 has USB Gamepad support? (out-of-the-box or using USB/BT Joystick Center 6 or similar)
In particular i'm interested in generic gamepad usb support as i don't have an expensive ps3 or xbox controller.

In other more complicated words, do you know if the kernel has already the USB Host API (and other needed)?

thanks

Pd: I'm evaluating buying one M1 but no one care to answer me this, lol, i'm being ignored.
Pd2: see also this

#26 ·
@Roman thanks again for the summary and I had noted your previous comments on the N90 II but for me I prefer the Aston Martin over the Honda civic

@lanosalf If I had an M1 I would try it for you. Maybe I will soon ;-)

Jez

#27 ·
Just had this reply to my email to Pipo from Ben Lai..

P102 is ready to ship.

It is 4000maH with 7.4 V, it is with 2 pcs of 4000pcs 3.7V with series connection and it is with same play time as 8000mAh with 3.7V

Ben
Jez

#28 ·
Roman It's so great that a retailer doesn't only want to get the money and go, but works and helps the community to make it better.

You've done a great Job clearing those things out.

I'll remove Aoson m11 out of my list.

I'll stay with N101 II and Pipo M1 and if everything goes well, Pipo m3?

But I lean towards Pipo m1

#31 ·
Can yo pm me his email address? I work through trade companies but PiPo is a company I would be interested in getting a direct contact with.

Thanks,

Roman

#34 ·
Pipo is supposed to be quoting me a sample price soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.