• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#1 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

Thanks to Jareds20 in the Pipo M1 thread for spotting this. I thought it was worth a thread of its own.

It looks like a real contender in the 10.1 inch tablet stakes.
It even has twin front facing speakers like the N101. Actually it was mentioned way back in April in the Charbax video.

Only trouble is it seems a bit scarce.

See the following links.

http://www.pipo.com....oduct.php?id=95

http://detail.tmall....8.19065068749_1

http://www.aliexpres...holesalers.html

Jez

Edited by Jezzer, 23 August 2012 - 06:08 AM.

Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#2 sere83

sere83

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Yeah looks interesting. The link from the official PIPO site lists only a 4000mah battery though. The aliexpress link seems to show what looks like an OEM window N101 with different specs. Hopefully this gets a proper outing soon and is reviewed on the usual china sites. From what i've read though PIPO build quality seems decent on the whole, perhaps a touch improved over the likes of window and cube. The Acho c909t could have potential too, nice design.

Edited by sere83, 23 August 2012 - 04:29 PM.

#3 AlienUFO

AlienUFO

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

Here is an unboxing of the M3: http://www.hkepc.com...php?tid=1850942
Most of the discussion is a little bit impossible to figure out, even with Google translate. But the images look interesting. Nice that you get a stylus in the box.

#4 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Thanks AlienUFO looks very nice from the photos. The display also looks impressive next to the Nexus 7. Wonder when it will be more generally available.

Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#5 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

I have really fallen for the m1 and been impressed with PiPos attention to QC. Perhaps this will make a better fit for our store than the poorly qc'd N101 II.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#6 lanosalf

lanosalf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

Read the feedback leaved in the aliexpress link given in the first post (link)

THE PRODUCT IS OK BUT THE SELLER WAS NOT FAIR WITH ME. I ORDERED 32 GB , 10.1 INCHES BUT WAS SUPPLIED WITH 16 GB, 9.7 INCHES. AVERAGELY, THIS SELLER IS RELIABLE AND I CAN STILL PATRONOSE HIM.

So be carefull.
It seems that 10.1 version is not available yet in aliexpress. I don't see it available from any other seller there.

#7 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:24 AM

I have really fallen for the m1 and been impressed with PiPos attention to QC. Perhaps this will make a better fit for our store than the poorly qc'd N101 II.

Yes that is what I am hoping for too Roman. With the Cube MVA displays and N101 issues I am looking for a good and reliable alternative! This might be it.

Here's another link http://www.price.com...ct.php?p=144388
They give it 9.3 out of 10 and list a few merchants who sell it.

Jez

Edited by Jezzer, 10 September 2012 - 05:24 AM.

#8 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

Read the feedback leaved in the aliexpress link given in the first post (link)

So be carefull.
It seems that 10.1 version is not available yet in aliexpress. I don't see it available from any other seller there.

I am waiting for it to appear in any of the big stores...Pandawill, Eternal etc.
Actually, I will contact them and ask when/if they are getting it.

Jez

Edited by Jezzer, 10 September 2012 - 05:26 AM.

#9 Spacious

Spacious

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

Spec looks good apart from the battery! Hopefully that's a typo, I recall the Cube battery spec varying widely from site to site.

#10 GodDamnedPaparazzi

GodDamnedPaparazzi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

If the M3 matches your opinion of the M1 when you get a chance to get your hands on it(thank you for your review in another thread of the M1 BTW :good:); really hope you do come to stock it in the UK 'branch' of TNT soon.

+1 vote for TNT PIPO M3!

GDP.

Edited by GodDamnedPaparazzi, 11 September 2012 - 09:39 AM.

Currently Owned: Pipo Max M1 running TNT JB V2

Previously Owned: Window N101+

#11 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

I had a reply from Elijah who say it is in stock, doh. They were clearly talking about the M1.

I also had a reply from Eternal who came up with the much more plausible :

For now we have not get any news that the M3 will release, we will pay close attention to it. For now we also have many new models available now, wish some units can get your attention. Regards, Antata 

Jez
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

#12 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:04 AM

I trust Elijah about as far as I can throw them. :-(

www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#13 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

Hi Roman,

Yes I have read about your dealings with Elijah; shocking! :o

TBH if a good alternative 10.1 inch tablet doesn't come along soon I will probably settle for a 9.7 inch one, the Pipo Max M1.
It sounds great and with your Top Notch firmware even better :good:

Jez

#14 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hi Roman,

Yes I have read about your dealings with Elijah; shocking! :o

TBH if a good alternative 10.1 inch tablet doesn't come along soon I will probably settle for a 9.7 inch one, the Pipo Max M1.
It sounds great and with your Top Notch firmware even better :good:

Jez

I am a big fan of the M1. I like the N90 II a lot as well, however the better build on the M1 and consistent quality I have gotten from PiPo thus far have won me over. The N90 II I will say has a brighter screen and I need to do WiFi comparison between the two because I do suspect the N90 II has much better range. I couldn't believe how far out in the parking lot I was from a little coffee shop here with the N90 II the other day and I still had a working signal. (I would guess I was about 100 feet away, in my car!). It was slower than when I was in the shop but I was still able to use google voice command to pull up and load a map and directions. I want to try the same with the PiPo M1 to see how it goes.

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#15 Dustin79

Dustin79

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationMobile, AL

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

I emailed Pipo to get more information about the P102. I received a reply that stated the tablet is available for sale and also a very nice excel spreadsheet. Apparently there will be a 3G version of the P102. I would attach the spreadsheet but i don't know how. Here is a copy of the P102 info (the spreadsheet lists many Pipo tablets):

PiPO Tablet PC Quotation New
Model No. P102
Specs
Display Size 10.1"
Resolution 1280x800 IPS
Ratio 16:10
Touch Panel Type Capacitive
Points of touch 10
System CPU "Rockchip 3066 Cortex A9
Dual-core CPU + Quad-core GPU"
CPU speed 1.6GHz
RAM 1GB DDR3
Operation System Android 4.0
G-Sensor Yes
Camera Front 2M, back 5M
Microphone x1
Speaker x2 (front speakers)
I/O ports Micro SD slot x1
USB port "mini 5pin USBx1(to PC)
mini 5pin USB Hostx1(to device)"
HDMI output mini HDMI port x1
Earphone jack x1
DC-IN jack x1
Communication Wifi 802.11/b/g/n
Internal 3G built-in Optional
External 3G support Yes
Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR Optional
Mutimedia Audio MP3,WMA,WAV, APE,FLAC, AAC, OGG
Video AVI,WMV,MP4,MKV,RM, RMVB, FLV, MOV,3GP...up to 1080P, supports WebM VP8 decoding
Photo JPEG,BMP,GIF,PNG
ebook PDF,text,Epub...or more formats by 3rd software
Adobe flash Support 11.1
Power AC adapter 9V 2.5A
Battery capacity 4000mAh by 7.4V
Physical Characteristics Material metal back
Weight 748g
Dimensions 259*183.3*13 mm
Accessories AC adapter x1
earphone x1 (earphone with mic)
USB cable x2(including a convertor cable)
Stylus No
User Manual x1
Gift box x1
Leather case Optional
USB ethernet adaptor Optional
Silicon/plastic case NO
Dustin
Typed on one of my various Chinese tablets...

#16 yash3339

yash3339

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Most tablets coming out these days seem to list the internal 3G module as 'optional'.

Sent from my LG Optimus One using Tapatalk 2

#17 jdmzc

jdmzc

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

I emailed Pipo to get more information about the P102. I received a reply that stated the tablet is available for sale and also a very nice excel spreadsheet. Apparently there will be a 3G version of the P102. I would attach the spreadsheet but i don't know how. Here is a copy of the P102 info (the spreadsheet lists many Pipo tablets):

PiPO Tablet PC Quotation New
Model No. P102
Specs
Display Size 10.1"
Resolution 1280x800 IPS
Ratio 16:10
Touch Panel Type Capacitive
Points of touch 10
System CPU "Rockchip 3066 Cortex A9
Dual-core CPU + Quad-core GPU"
CPU speed 1.6GHz
RAM 1GB DDR3
Operation System Android 4.0
G-Sensor Yes
Camera Front 2M, back 5M
Microphone x1
Speaker x2 (front speakers)
I/O ports Micro SD slot x1
USB port "mini 5pin USBx1(to PC)
mini 5pin USB Hostx1(to device)"
HDMI output mini HDMI port x1
Earphone jack x1
DC-IN jack x1
Communication Wifi 802.11/b/g/n
Internal 3G built-in Optional
External 3G support Yes
Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR Optional
Mutimedia Audio MP3,WMA,WAV, APE,FLAC, AAC, OGG
Video AVI,WMV,MP4,MKV,RM, RMVB, FLV, MOV,3GP...up to 1080P, supports WebM VP8 decoding
Photo JPEG,BMP,GIF,PNG
ebook PDF,text,Epub...or more formats by 3rd software
Adobe flash Support 11.1
Power AC adapter 9V 2.5A
Battery capacity 4000mAh by 7.4V
Physical Characteristics Material metal back
Weight 748g
Dimensions 259*183.3*13 mm
Accessories AC adapter x1
earphone x1 (earphone with mic)
USB cable x2(including a convertor cable)
Stylus No
User Manual x1
Gift box x1
Leather case Optional
USB ethernet adaptor Optional
Silicon/plastic case NO

Thanks Dustin79 for sharing the M3 (P102) detail specs.
Just wonder about the low battery capacity (4000mAh ??) and the thickness, 13mm is quite thick isn't it ?

#18 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

Thanks for the tablet details. I have emailed them about the battery as well although I suspect it's shown as 4000 maH at 7.4v which could equate to 8000maH at 3.7v.

13 mm does seem quite chunky, let's hope it's an error.

Jez

Edited by Jezzer, 13 September 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#19 yash3339

yash3339

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

We have 3300mAh @7.4v in the aoson, and it is pretty good. I guess 4000mAh @7.4v = 8000mAh @3.7v in layman terms.

Sent from my LG Optimus One using Tapatalk 2

#20 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

That would be my guess as well.

13 mm is very thick. That might actually be the packaging dimension. Pipo uses uber thin boxes.

Edited by Roman2025, 13 September 2012 - 12:51 PM.

-Ayn Rand