54 replies to this topic

#1 Bondo2

Bondo2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationEgypt

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

I was flashing my tablet, but the process stopped in the "download IDB" step, then indicated that the process had failed, after that my tablet does not turn on, I researched and there is a process for U30GT that uses the same processor.

this process is posted in flashmydroid.com

"Here is a way to recover if the tablet doesn't go in flash mode and the tablet doesn't start whatever you do (first try the forced shutdown and restart a few times combined with the recovery "volume+ and power combination").

You must dis-assemble the tablet! Look for dis-assembly instructions on forum and if you dont have the necessary skills and tools ask a qualified friend to do it for you. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You have to identify 2 contacts on the circuit board. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Here is a picture.

Have a suitable ROM for your tablet type (W,H, or T model, look for model in the serial number)

Double check the firmware downloaded!

Connect the USB cable to computer (use a tested high quality USB cable, and I personally recommend using a back-plate USB port), to enter Maskrom flash mode, you must make contact between the 2 contacts highlighted in the picture, keeping the contact closed press POWER SWITCH on tablet, if everything is OK, the computer will detect a new device and install a driver for it, remove contact. The USB drivers from the firmware package will do fine.

Start up RK Batch tool and look for a DARK BLUE square (not green or any other colour).

Load the firmware and press RESTORE not upgrade!

The tablet will restore the boot ROM, then it will low format and reflash the ROM.

If everything is OK, in a few minutes or so you will have a fully restored functional tablet."

Does anybody know of something similar to this for M11 ?

#2 yash3339

yash3339

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

I don't think you need to disassemble the M11 bro. the cube needs to be disassembled because there's no reset switch which (according to me) is needed during the process (correct me if I'm wrong). you need not get tensed, just keep trying to get the tablet in flash/recovery mode (whatever you call it) and it should be ready for a f/w flash. just make sure you have both the firmware files (new and old PCB) handy, just so that you don't have to wait again if you flash a wrong one. hope it helps, all the best!

#3 westroger

westroger

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

Sorry to hear that bro, good luck with the de-bricking.........

#4 Bondo2

Bondo2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationEgypt

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

I don't think you need to disassemble the M11 bro. the cube needs to be disassembled because there's no reset switch which (according to me) is needed during the process (correct me if I'm wrong). you need not get tensed, just keep trying to get the tablet in flash/recovery mode (whatever you call it) and it should be ready for a f/w flash. just make sure you have both the firmware files (new and old PCB) handy, just so that you don't have to wait again if you flash a wrong one. hope it helps, all the best!

I don't think this is the same reset functionality. This one resets the tablet into default boot (not from NAND) because I tried reset button on M11 and it just does nothing. The flashing I did just froze while loading the bootloader and thus I don't think it can ever start even flash mode.

#5 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

I don't think this is the same reset functionality. This one resets the tablet into default boot (not from NAND) because I tried reset button on M11 and it just does nothing. The flashing I did just froze while loading the bootloader and thus I don't think it can ever start even flash mode.

does your tablet turn on??
My Allwinner A31 Custom Roms
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
97RQ N90FHDRK U9GT5,VISTURE V97HD
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD RC3 , SKYDIVER , CUBEX ,JELLYCUBE
PIPO MAX M1- AOSON M11 - PIPO U1
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1
CHUWI V99, VIDO N90FHD, Cube U9GTV, VISTURE 4HD RK3066 RETINA ROMS ONLY
DANERICK ROM, LUNATIC, MetroBleach

Check Out my Webpage www.andydarkroom.site90.com

Darkrickpr EASY ADB BATCH TOOL (RELEASED TEST 1 CHECK MY WEBPAGE)
( Is your Tablet STUCK in BOOT animation, your volume key wont help you get to CWM or Bootloader. You don't know how to use adb shell commands. Then this it the tool you will need

HOW TO INSTALL MY ROMS ON CWM RECOVERY

HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON RK3066 RETINA TABLET VIDEO

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#6 Bondo2

Bondo2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationEgypt

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

does your tablet turn on??

When tablets are bricked they don't power on :(

#7 deejhay

deejhay

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

When tablets are bricked they don't power on :(

Mine don't power on, but then if i re-flash it, it can turn on again and functions,
but then once it is powered off for a long time, it won't power on again.
I need to re-flash everytime i want it ON. Is my unit bricked?

#8 Flipo

Flipo

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

On my Aurora II, you only put the device on the recovery mode then you flash the rom which you placed in the ext. SD card, but in my Aoson stilll I don't see any procedure.

That is what is missing in this tablet; FW, ROMS, procedure.

#9 Gnox

Gnox

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:35 AM

Ooops - properly bricked my M11!
In my ongoing quest to figure out why my chip makes a low humming noise - today I decided to pry off the metal heat shield covering the PCB - big mistake!
As I leavered the casing off with a flathead, I heard a crunch - and discovered I had broken a piece off one of the components.
The component is pictured below - it had 2R2 written on it - but so do a load more - different sized compnents on the PCB!

Unit won't power on any more - looks like I killed it properly.
Anyone know where I could get hold of one of these?

Posted Image
Pipo M1 Max - JB 4.1.1

#10 Bondo2

Bondo2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationEgypt

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:45 AM

Ooops - properly bricked my M11!
In my ongoing quest to figure out why my chip makes a low humming noise - today I decided to pry off the metal heat shield covering the PCB - big mistake!
As I leavered the casing off with a flathead, I heard a crunch - and discovered I had broken a piece off one of the components.
The component is pictured below - it had 2R2 written on it - but so do a load more - different sized compnents on the PCB!

Unit won't power on any more - looks like I killed it properly.
Anyone know where I could get hold of one of these?

I think this is a SMD inductor, look for it in an electronics shop but it will be difficult to solder it

#11 Gnox

Gnox

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

I think this is a SMD inductor, look for it in an electronics shop but it will be difficult to solder it

thanks for the info Bondo2 - I'll see if I can source one and swap it out.
Pipo M1 Max - JB 4.1.1

#12 Bondo2

Bondo2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationEgypt

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Mine don't power on, but then if i re-flash it, it can turn on again and functions,
but then once it is powered off for a long time, it won't power on again.
I need to re-flash everytime i want it ON. Is my unit bricked?

Did you find a fix ?, I have one with the same issue

#13 Tjeutje

Tjeutje

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

I was flashing my tablet, but the process stopped in the "download IDB" step, then indicated that the process had failed, after that my tablet does not turn on, I researched and there is a process for U30GT that uses the same processor.

Hi,

I posted my question about unbricking my M11 on another forum already, but now I see that you had the exact same problem as I have on my M11. Did you manage to solve this? Can you explain how?

regards

#14 Bondo2

Bondo2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationEgypt

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Hi,

I posted my question about unbricking my M11 on another forum already, but now I see that you had the exact same problem as I have on my M11. Did you manage to solve this? Can you explain how?

regards

Mine now is dead and not even detected by the rkflashtool

#15 Tjeutje

Tjeutje

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

Well, the needle trick you tried seems interesting to me, it solved simular problems on RK2918 tablets, so maybe it works for the M11 also. It's worth a try. How did you manage to open your tablet? It's easy to open the small part, but the rest seems tightened. How to remove the rest of the back?

#16 Bondo2

Bondo2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationEgypt

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:52 AM

Well, the needle trick you tried seems interesting to me, it solved simular problems on RK2918 tablets, so maybe it works for the M11 also. It's worth a try. How did you manage to open your tablet? It's easy to open the small part, but the rest seems tightened. How to remove the rest of the back?

The big part opens the same way as the small one, just get something plastic (rigid) and insert it between the metal part and the plastic part at the bottom and it will open

#17 Tjeutje

Tjeutje

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:36 AM

Thank you, opened it with a creditcard. How did you remove the metal casing over the nand chip, or isn't that necessary? I don't want to ruin anything, just want to try the trick with the needle over the nand chip.

#18 Bondo2

Bondo2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationEgypt

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

Thank you, opened it with a creditcard. How did you remove the metal casing over the nand chip, or isn't that necessary? I don't want to ruin anything, just want to try the trick with the needle over the nand chip.

To do that you need to unscrew the board and remove all the connectors (Camera, button, LCD) and then move the board from under the metal bar and flip the board. If you are not experience, I'd rather you not do anything

#19 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

@gnox
The component it has to be an inductor you could find one on today electronic ps3 xbox 360 but for desolder and solder you will need ATTEN AT858D+ SMD Hot Air Rework Station Solder Blower eb@y are cheap

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by darkrickpr, 11 September 2012 - 03:30 PM.

My Allwinner A31 Custom Roms
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
97RQ N90FHDRK U9GT5,VISTURE V97HD
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD RC3 , SKYDIVER , CUBEX ,JELLYCUBE
PIPO MAX M1- AOSON M11 - PIPO U1
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1
CHUWI V99, VIDO N90FHD, Cube U9GTV, VISTURE 4HD RK3066 RETINA ROMS ONLY
DANERICK ROM, LUNATIC, MetroBleach

Check Out my Webpage www.andydarkroom.site90.com

Darkrickpr EASY ADB BATCH TOOL (RELEASED TEST 1 CHECK MY WEBPAGE)
( Is your Tablet STUCK in BOOT animation, your volume key wont help you get to CWM or Bootloader. You don't know how to use adb shell commands. Then this it the tool you will need

HOW TO INSTALL MY ROMS ON CWM RECOVERY

HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON RK3066 RETINA TABLET VIDEO

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#20 atlas

atlas

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

I installed the program Allwinner Mod. Switch to the GT-i9100, clicked on "Restart". After that, reboot the tablet began, but stopped at a blue-black intro animation Aoson. No manipulation has not helped, I do not know what to do .... Maybe someone knows how to get out of this?