Photo

Anyone got Jelly Bean ALPHA rom from TEAM DRH working?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 scointer

scointer

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

Has anybody tried to get the new Jelly bean alpha rom from TEAM DRH to work on our hannspad. There seems to be quite a few instructions about system size as jelly bean is quite large and obviously there will be issues using their kernel.

http://www.slatedroi...-update-081312/

Would the latest antibyte based kernel (marcero's 12.8 ) work or would we need some completely new changes to get a kernel for jelly bean...

Fosser has stated they are still using a .39 kernel but hope to move to a 3.1 kernel shortly....

I am hoping it is over to slyking241 as a member of TEAM DRH to try to keep us hannspad users right up to date with all the latest updates..

THANKS for all involved (especially TEAM DRH and SLYKING241 in particular), great great work...

Edited by scointer, 14 August 2012 - 01:05 AM.

• mrsburnout likes this

#2 andywheels

andywheels

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

Please read this : http://www.slatedroi...before-posting/

Why on earth post a thread that looks like a release of a rom in a forum ONLY for releases of custom roms when you're just asking a simple question? There's me thinking it's a Jelly Bean release....

I'm sorry, but I think that kinda sucks. Try thinking before posting.

I'm sure slyking will post when he has some more info. Until then just enjoy what you have.

#3 scointer

scointer

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:34 AM

Please read this : http://www.slatedroi...before-posting/

Why on earth post a thread that looks like a release of a rom in a forum ONLY for releases of custom roms when you're just asking a simple question? There's me thinking it's a Jelly Bean release....

I'm sorry, but I think that kinda sucks. Try thinking before posting.

I'm sure slyking will post when he has some more info. Until then just enjoy what you have.

I thought it is the release of a rom...jelly bean has been released for the GTAB..which even with the GTAB kernel will work on the hannspad will it not ? just with a few small issues releating to the kernel...or is this not the case.

Can a mod please delete this thread or move it to the proper section...

Edited by scointer, 14 August 2012 - 04:38 AM.

#4 andywheels

andywheels

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:43 AM

I thought it is the release of a rom...jelly bean has been released for the GTAB..which even with the GTAB kernel will work on the hannspad will it not ? just with a few small issues releating to the kernel...or is this not the case.

Can a mod please delete this thread or move it to the proper section...

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh with my post. I'm sure you didn't post with any bad intention... I was just disappointed that it wasn't an actual release.

btw, I think you can just nv_flash the partitions hosted on the teamdrh site if you want to try the jb rom out.

#5 scointer

scointer

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh with my post. I'm sure you didn't post with any bad intention... I was just disappointed that it wasn't an actual release.

btw, I think you can just nv_flash the partitions hosted on the teamdrh site if you want to try the jb rom out.

Apologies..I got over excited and posted in the wrong section. I have reported and asked for it to be moved out of the ROM sub forum. Although I do still think it is good information for hannspad users as someone has suggested that marcero (antibyte) .39 kernel should work with it and therefore potentially it is a working jelly bean rom. unfortunately I am away from my tablet at the minute so can't test it out till later.

I do like the way people help each other out on this forum and don't want to go back to the dark days of before (tablet roms)..I am sure you know what I mean and apologise to everyone for this post in the wrong section.

Edited by scointer, 14 August 2012 - 05:00 AM.

#6 andywheels

andywheels

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'm posting this from jellybean. I followed the teamdrh install, including nvflashing the partitions, and everything went well. I've not yet installed a hannspad specific kernel but the gtab one works fine.

#7 red-orb

red-orb

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

i tested JB yesterday

antibyte┬┤s kernel:
rotation ok
capkeys ok
sound no

Wolfmod ICS Kernel 2.6:
rotation desktop is upside
capkeys ok
sound excellent

Wolfmod ICS Kernel 2.9:
rotation desktop is upside
capkeys ok
sound excellent
system feels little laggy

#8 andywheels

andywheels

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

Thanks for the report redorb. I'm still sing the default kernel. I'll try out a hannspad one today.

I checked out the build.prop just now and noticed that the heapsize was set to 256m. I'd suggest people lower that and then reboot and wipe the dalvik cache. I've set it to 96m for now.

#9 slyking241

slyking241

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:15 AM

Well anyway i have made a jelly bean for Hannspad but it is'nt ready for release.....So hang on guyz
  • red-orb and HannsRed like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users