Bricked tablet

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sorhe

sorhe

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

I have KNC MD802 tablet and have flashed AOKP rom and wifi didn´t work as well as screen rotation , so i restored my original backed up rom with CWM but wifi still didn´t work.
After that I have tried to flash original firmware from knc site through livesuite and it seems that I have somehow bricked my tablet (because flash didn´t go all the way but stopped at 60% and rolled back). Now I cannot start it at all. It lights up that small blue light on the side but screen doesn´t get on or anything else.
I have tried to reflash it again and again with livesuite but i always get an error at about 50-60% of flashing and everything reverses :(

I REALLY NEED HELP!!!

Can anyone help me with this problem???

PLS!!

#2 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

Can you still get into CWM recovery? - how did you install CWM in the first place?
Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.

#3 sorhe

sorhe

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

No I can´t get into recovery, tablet wont turn on at all. There is power and my PC recognises the device.As I said even Live suite begins to flash it but at 50-60% it stops and rolls back everything then it sais there is an error (Update failed : 0x163).
I´ve installed CWM through terminal emulator...

#4 sorhe

sorhe

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

I have attached screenshots when starting update and then of error.... :(
I´m desperate :(

Attached Files

#5 konfuzion

konfuzion

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:48 PM

Hi Sorhe,

Were you able to sort this out? Planning to get an KNC MD802 also. Can you share your experience with the tablet before the problems started.

TIA!

#6 krokiss

krokiss

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

Hi!

Have you tried re-downloading the img file from the KNC site? I have flashed a couple of times with no issues.

#7 krokiss

krokiss

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

@sorhe,

Have you tried renaming the img file? try to format your tab first then flash it with the IMG. try also to redownload the img file from the KNC site. I have flashed a CM9 and AOKP, but can't find a compatibility zip that goes with our tablet. Tried other zips but camera doesn't work.

Well, i have rooted my tab and made changes on the build.prop and installed some app tools, and my tablet now works great. some games are incompatible due to the resolution of our tablet. It's fine with me for its great in playing juggernaut.

#8 sorhe

sorhe

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

@sorhe,

Have you tried renaming the img file? try to format your tab first then flash it with the IMG. try also to redownload the img file from the KNC site. I have flashed a CM9 and AOKP, but can't find a compatibility zip that goes with our tablet. Tried other zips but camera doesn't work.

Well, i have rooted my tab and made changes on the build.prop and installed some app tools, and my tablet now works great. some games are incompatible due to the resolution of our tablet. It's fine with me for its great in playing juggernaut.

I have redownloaded the image file and succeded in flashing. It worked for quite some time, but now it reseted itself , everything went back to chinese and it cannot read internal memory of the tablet and I cannot install anything....
What changes have you made to build.prop? Have you found some compatible CM9 mode or any new rom?

#9 polskz

polskz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

Hello im kind of new here, i kind of flashed my tablet after it got stuck in a boot loop and now the touchscreen is no longer responding. I was just wondering if you would be able to give me the link where you got the original knc md802 rom please.

I have redownloaded the image file and succeded in flashing. It worked for quite some time, but now it reseted itself , everything went back to chinese and it cannot read internal memory of the tablet and I cannot install anything....
What changes have you made to build.prop? Have you found some compatible CM9 mode or any new rom?