• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rebox

Rebox

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hello everybody !

I have a problem with some annoying widgets which I want to delete and I don't know how. I have an Ainol Aurora II with 0717 ROM. I mention that is not about the widgets from home screen but the widgets from the black screen, when I press the Widget tab next to Aplications tab. I have to say that it appears alot of widgets I don't need and next to each one it appears something like this: 3x3 or 3x1 or 4x1 and so on. I really want to get rid of them but I only can delete the ones from the home screen by long press on it then drag on top of the screen. On the widget screen I have no edit or delete button, the only thing I can do with them is to long press on it then to drag them on one of the home screens. By the way, I have 4 empty home screens, how do I delete them?
About the widgets, to remove that application which created it I think it's not a solution as I need them. There are even 4-5 different widgets for the same application, it drives me crazy.
If I remember well, with 0626 ROM I think it was a way to delete that widget, or am I wrong? There is a place where this widgets icons are located to delete them with a file manager?
Thank you.

#2 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

Hi Rebox, why are they driving you crazy? - they're just shortcuts sitting in an area that you don't have to go to. It's not really a problem, more of an affliction by the sound of it. Same thing with the four empty home screens. You can try a custom launcher that will reduce the number of home screens but maybe you're missing the opportunity to organise your applications by grouping them on different home screens. I like to have an audio/video screen, an information/news screen and a utilities/applications screeen.
Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.

#3 Rebox

Rebox

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

Hi. you are right in a way, but I want to have the possibility to add/remove the home screens and the widgets accordingly to my needs. I don't like to have things I don't need.
Still waiting for a solution. If I remember well, I was able to delete the homescreens and the widgets on 0626 ROM version, but not 100% sure. Maybe is something wrong with this version of ROM and some options are missing.