Photo

New Hyundai Rock X tablet! 8 inch, IPS, 1024x768 and JELLY BEAN!!!

• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#321 Ar Fei Lung

Ar Fei Lung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hello,

does anybody knows, how to install firmware 4.0.4 without bricking?
This version has no deep sleep problem, but after installation, i alsways get a dead System, only can be reactivated by installing a newer version of the firmware.

Thanks

Cheers

Hi there,

If you have deep sleep to need to flash again to wake up the tablet. You need to press the power button around 10 seconds, try 2-3 times, and the tablet will wake up after that.
Anyway if you want to get 4.0.4, there is one old version is 4.0.4 , but you need to find it in previous post, all roms are listed out in that post. After you opened the flash tool, do the follows:

1. turn off the tablet
2. connect the usb to tablet only
3. press and hold the volume + button
4. connect the other side of usb to PC
5. do not release volume + , and tab the power button several times

then the flash tool will have a green icon pops up, that means your tablet is now ready for flashing.

Edited by Ar Fei Lung, 14 February 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#322 Crake

Crake

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Hello everybody.

I have installed the custom rom available here from the russian forum, but like eveybody else, once it gets into deep sleep, i can only bring it back restarting it.

I have read all the pages, but it seems that there is no solution for this!

Meanwhile does anyone have achieved to install the Adobe Flash Player into our device?? There are many sites that use it, and this rom does not have it ...

Thanks in advance.

#323 Crake

Crake

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Let me introduce my rock x first, it came on 2012/11/13 from spemall (not recommend cause 2 weeks long delivery and cheating information)
It came with rk30sdk-eng 4.1.1 ROCK X 20121026.160942 and like other mention i have the problem with "sleep of death" too.

And here the solution of "sleep of death", install an app names "Wake Lock - PowerManager" from play store.
You should read the user reviews and you will find so many people and many other tablet models have the same issues.

To setting i take level 1 wifi_mode_scan_only. It should cost lowest battery resource (i thought!) and then my rock x rocks on and on :lol:

I also am trying this solution, but with no results.
It keeps shutting down after a few minutes of inactivity.

With this behaviour, the tablet is useless...

#324 Sgrikkardo

Sgrikkardo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Guys, I'm really a noob at this things, but this tutorial might come in handy :
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1866545
It is used to compile a compatible clockwork recovery, we should really have it! Is anyone willing to try? I bet it's the first step to begin solving all those firmware problems ourselves!

Inviato dal mio ROCK X con Tapatalk 2
Hyundai Rock X JB rooted

#325 k0017

k0017

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Write today to service@hyundai-digital.cn

Dear Customer Support,

I am a very pleased owner of an rock x 800 tablet and I enjoy it every day.

Besides this, the Rock X 800 Tablet suffers from not beeing able to deep sleep, after the charging cable was pulled out off the system.
If you reboot the system without a charging cable plugged in, the system is able to deep sleep when it is inactive.
It seems as if the system does not recognise the cable was pulled out.
You can see this behaviour with the app "CPU Spy" or "better battery stats"

This leads to an enormous battery drain with the need to charge the tablett every day.

This issue is discussed around the world (4pda.ru, slatedroid.com, android-hilfe.de)

This is without a doubt a firmware bug in all versions of android 4.1 für the rock x.
In Android 4.0.4, the bug was not there, but this version in the download area is not flashable, because afterwards the system does not respond to anything.

I would like to ask kindly to solve the problem in the next firmware release.

Can this be done by you?

Thanks a lot.

With regards

Ulrich Hesse

Edited by k0017, 22 February 2013 - 11:51 AM.

• Sgrikkardo likes this

#326 k0017

k0017

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Hello,

because of the firmware bugs, does anybody tried to install a firmware from similar devices?

I saw, the Cube U20GT can use the rock x firmware.
Maybe this could be done vice versa, but I don´t want to brick my rock x.

The Cube U20GT seems to have almost the same Hardware, otherwise, this wouldn´t be possible.

If they use the rock x firmware, maybe the cube firmware is worse, but who knows?

Who has the courage?

#327 radioham1

radioham1

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

Write today to service@hyundai-digital.cn

Dear Customer Support,

I am a very pleased owner of an rock x 800 tablet and I enjoy it every day.

Besides this, the Rock X 800 Tablet suffers from not beeing able to deep sleep, after the charging cable was pulled out off the system.
If you reboot the system without a charging cable plugged in, the system is able to deep sleep when it is inactive.
It seems as if the system does not recognise the cable was pulled out.
You can see this behaviour with the app "CPU Spy" or "better battery stats"

This leads to an enormous battery drain with the need to charge the tablett every day.

This issue is discussed around the world (4pda.ru, slatedroid.com, android-hilfe.de)

This is without a doubt a firmware bug in all versions of android 4.1 für the rock x.
In Android 4.0.4, the bug was not there, but this version in the download area is not flashable, because afterwards the system does not respond to anything.

I would like to ask kindly to solve the problem in the next firmware release.

Can this be done by you?

Thanks a lot.

With regards

Ulrich Hesse

Hi Ulrich,
I'v also written a mail to Hyundai and Toptech services.
Never get any answer ...
Anyway they seem to write news firmware realeases for the other Hyundai tablets :
there's a new one for the Hyundai T7 dated of 2013-02-19.
http://translate.goo...d.asp?ClassID=1

I hope that they are also preparing some new one for our Rock X ...

#328 eusonlito

eusonlito

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

Hi guys, I have downloaded a new Firmware version not published in Hyundai, but the link is to hyundai site...

Firmware is dated as 2013/01/31 and img date is 2012/12/17 but with RKBatchTool logs from 31 January.

http://translate.goo...8mmk_8XQapxeWtg

It's strange that isn't published yet.

Kernel and compile versions

KERNEL
3.0.8+
root@xingyu-desktop #44
SMP PREEMPT sat oct 27 15:29:27 CST 2012

COMPILED
RK30_ANDROID4.1.1-SDK-v1.00.00
rk30sdk-eng 4.1.1 ROCK X 20121206.160942 release-keys

Some mine friend has installed the new firmware and it has improvements as smoothest touch screen and best battery charge and discharge.

I have downloaded in https://dl.dropbox.c..._2013-01-31.rar but I haven't installed yet because my tablet is working perfectly.

You can get my tablet donwloads in http://www.htcmania....54&postcount=62

Regards,
Lito.

Edited by eusonlito, 01 March 2013 - 06:24 AM.

#329 sparkys

sparkys

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

hello,

I have heard from a german Shop, that the Model Hyundai Rock X 800 is no longer in production
Did you hear anything in that?

I did want to ask at 'service@hyundai-digital.cn' but the Mail-Adress dont work

sorry for my bad english :)

best regards
sparky

#330 Crake

Crake

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hi guys, I have downloaded a new Firmware version not published in Hyundai, but the link is to hyundai site...

Firmware is dated as 2013/01/31 and img date is 2012/12/17 but with RKBatchTool logs from 31 January.

Some mine friend has installed the new firmware and it has improvements as smoothest touch screen and best battery charge and discharge.

I have downloaded in https://dl.dropbox.c..._2013-01-31.rar but I haven't installed yet because my tablet is working perfectly.

Regards,
Lito.

Thanks for the share.

Let's hope the good Russians can "cook" a new rom like the kkk i have installed (it was perfect if the deep sleep was working) based on this one.

Crake

#331 radioham1

radioham1

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Regards,
Lito.

Anybody wants to try ?
Why this firmware release is not on Hyundai download website ?
Where does it come from ?
The rock X800 is still on Hyundai website : http://translate.goo...duct.asp?ID=152
This is the only 8" 4:3 screen from Hyundai.I don't think they'll stop production now.

#332 tablet fever

tablet fever

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

Hallo to all of you! I recently purchased a usb charger 5v 2A and a cable 2.5mm.
The cable is liitle loosy. When I plug in this two objects in combination it seems like charging the device but eventually it doesn't. Has anyone purchased a wall charger or this kind of combination? Can you write the link in order to buy it in case that my current broke down? Thanks in advance.

Edited by tablet fever, 06 March 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#333 blasing79

blasing79

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

I have a rock X 800 tablet and first time I plugged in the flash drive it worked with the Otg cable and it never allowed me to eject the flash drive properly... so when I did unplug the flash drive and cable it showed that SD card was not mounted ... but the SD card had no issues... now the tablet does not recognize any Otg cable or flash drive...does not work at all .... but it can plug into the PC just fine...Does anyone have this issue and is there a fix for this

#334 weezersg

weezersg

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

Looks like after 2 months usage, the tablet is finally dieing.
Some update. This tablet has a deep sleep problem, I thought I solved it but didnt. If you charged the tablet to 100% and dont use it, it can go to deep sleep, the moment you use it in anyway, the drain will start. I always plug in the power to keep it top up.
I have installed CPU SPY and the up time monitored is about 400 hours, out of that deep sleep 6% , 252MHz 64% , 504MHz 1%, 816MHz 25% with <1% for other states up to 1608MHz. I really wonder the cpu is subpar too.

Now as it is, when I plug in the charger, the tablet show the charging indicator, except it doesnt charge. Now I do not know whether the battery is subpar and is dieing off or the charger is defective.

This will be the last time buying MIC tablet.

#335 Crake

Crake

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Anybody wants to try ?
The rock X800 is still on Hyundai website : http://translate.goo...duct.asp?ID=152
This is the only 8" 4:3 screen from Hyundai.I don't think they'll stop production now.

I had the kkk firmware installed and everything went fine except:
- Had to have the "GreenPower Battery Saver" otherwise it went on sleep of death.
- Because of the previous reason, i had do deep sleep cpu state, which means the fast drain of the battery;

So i decided do install the CWM_5.5.0.4-20120825 in order to nandroid backup my device, once i got a lot of applications installed already. I ONLY ACHIEVED A SOFT BRICK !!!

So i install this new ROM you are telling about.
Not only had the same problems i described before, plus the impossibility to move the applications to the nand flas memory, or SDCard if you prefer, plus the lot of chinese crap inside, plus had to root it...

Now i can surely NOT recommend anyone to try this new ROM.

So, my friends, lets hope somebody launch at last a decent ROM!!!

Hope to had contribute,
Crake.

#336 Crake

Crake

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Regards,
Lito.

"...I haven't installed yet because my tablet is working perfectly..."
Can you please tell me wich rom do you have installed on your device??
Thanks

#337 radioham1

radioham1

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Anybody wants to try ?

So I also tried myself, but via SD card update. (This bloody RKbactool doesn't want to work ...)
I've seen that the new update.img file was a little bit bigger than the original from October 31.

Before update my firmware was :
my kernel version is 3.0.8+ root@xingyu-desktop #44 SMP PREEMPT Sat Oct 27 15:29:27 CST 2012
my build version is RK30_ANDROID4.1.1-SDK-v1.00.00 rk30sdk-eng4.1.1 ROCK X 20121026. 160942 release-keys

After update my firmware is :
my kernel version is 3.0.8+ root@xingyu-desktop #44 SMP PREEMPT Sat Oct 27 15:29:27 CST 2012
my build version is RK30_ANDROID4.1.1-SDK-v1.00.00 rk30sdk-eng4.1.1 ROCK X 20121206. 160942 release-keys

The date underlined has only changed from October 26 to December 06.

this update didn't erase anything in my Rock X800, so I didn't have to reinstall anything, and also didn't change language.

By the way I didn't see any difference between the two releases.

Battery is still draining when the tablet is in Stand-by, and plugging charger when the tablet is off makes it start.
Charging is always so so ... It starts when it wants ... sometimes a few minutes after plugging charger, or after a few stand-by -> wake up cycles ...

So, as said Mr CRAKE a few posts before :
"Now i can surely NOT recommend anyone to try this new ROM.
So, my friends, lets hope somebody launch at last a decent ROM!!!"

[UPDATE]
I've updated again firmware, but with RKBATCHTOOL 1.5 instead of SD card :
this time the whole tablet was reseted like out of the box.
Anyway in spite of that, the result is the same :battery is still draining when in stand-by ...
I really don't know what this update brings to us ... Except the same bugs.
Mr HYUNDAI / TOPTECH PLEASE WRITE US A DEBUGGED FIRMWARE !!!
P.S.: I've received an E-mail from a guy of TOPTECH which has given to me a DROPBOX link
to the same firmware as on HYUNDAI website ... It's a mess.

Edited by radioham1, 14 March 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#338 Sgrikkardo

Sgrikkardo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

At this point I fear we're not going anywhere. We're not going to have a valid recovery installed and we're not going to have a modded ( or at least working) rom. Thus, we're not going to have a full working tablet. I suggest to start a bounty to have some programmer interested in our device to obtain a working CWM and an usable rom. If we are willing to pay a small fee I bet we will reach something. I am. Are you?

Hyundai Rock X JB rooted

#339 Crake

Crake

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

At this point I fear we're not going anywhere. We're not going to have a valid recovery installed and we're not going to have a modded ( or at least working) rom. Thus, we're not going to have a full working tablet. I suggest to start a bounty to have some programmer interested in our device to obtain a working CWM and an usable rom. If we are willing to pay a small fee I bet we will reach something. I am. Are you?

Yes i am !

Meanwhile i decided to go back to the 4.0.4 Rom. At least it goes to deep sleep and does not hang...

#340 rider007

rider007

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Hyundai rocking...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users