• Please log in to reply
1103 replies to this topic

#901 spigot

spigot

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

+what? It's everything there

Sorry, I thought it isn't because I have troubles to compile CM using your github. :(
Thanks for your reply.

#902 altavi

altavi

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

I have an Onda vi40 elite with Cm10 which has been running great. I turned it on yesterday and it just hangs on the Android logo screen. I can't get it to do anything.

I've tried flashing it with the original onda firmware but it still hands on logo screen.

I would be grateful if anyone could advise how i can get the tablet working again

Thanks

when flashing original rom you need agree format tablet.
after formating and flashing onda run good

i too have this problem ( i lost all data at my onda=(() but they run!

#903 Christian Troy

Christian Troy

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Sorry, I thought it isn't because I have troubles to compile CM using your github. :(
Thanks for your reply.

Cm repository gets updated you have to merge upstream repositories or you will never compile it, mine are stopped at 10 days ago.

Edited by Christian Troy, 23 September 2012 - 09:01 AM.

If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a donation you can follow this link. Thank you very much.

* Actions ATM7029 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3)
* Allwinner A31 - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Amlogic 8726-MX - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Allwinner A10 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP

tmF4C.png

#904 drkdeath5000

drkdeath5000

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Well i step away for a few weeks only to find CM10 for our A10s. Christian without a doubt your a genius !!

Now if only i could get your cm10 to work on my ICOO D90W (first version -v1) id be over the moon. For some reason i cant get it to boot past the 'cyanogenmod' logo.

I've only skimmed through the thread so may have missed something but i beleive i've followed your install instructions to the book.

Step by step:

• factory reset using livesuit - i sucessfully flashed the latest img file from icoo
  • installed cwm
  • booted to cwm and factory reset
  • installed cm10
  • gapps
  • installed d90w compatibility 1.2.0
  • rebooted
  • waited and waited
  • doesnt boot past cyanogenmod logo

If i have done something wrong please correct me.

The only step i'm uncertain of is " * !!! IMPORTANT !!! You need a /system partition of at least 300 MB or you have to avoid flashing gapps !!! IMPORTANT !!!". I have no idea how to check the size of my system partition so i dont know if its 300mb or not. I did however try without gapps and still get the same result, that is stuck at the cyanogenmod logo.

EDIT: As suggested earlier in the thread i have removed ROMMANAGER.APK from the /system/apps/ folder and cm10 now boots past the logo and is now hanging at 'starting apps'.

Also, using the livesuit unpacker i have determined that my system partition is indeed over 300mb, its 524mb so that should be more than enough.

Edited by drkdeath5000, 23 September 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#905 Kypp

Kypp

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Well i step away for a few weeks only to find CM10 for our A10s. Christian without a doubt your a genius !!

Now if only i could get your cm10 to work on my ICOO D90W (first version -v1) id be over the moon. For some reason i cant get it to boot past the 'cyanogenmod' logo.

I've only skimmed through the thread so may have missed something but i beleive i've followed your install instructions to the book.

Step by step:

• factory reset using livesuit - i sucessfully flashed the latest img file from icoo
  • installed cwm
  • booted to cwm and factory reset
  • installed cm10
  • gapps
  • installed d90w compatibility 1.2.0
  • rebooted
  • waited and waited
  • doesnt boot past cyanogenmod logo

If i have done something wrong please correct me.

The only step i'm uncertain of is " * !!! IMPORTANT !!! You need a /system partition of at least 300 MB or you have to avoid flashing gapps !!! IMPORTANT !!!". I have no idea how to check the size of my system partition so i dont know if its 300mb or not. I did however try without gapps and still get the same result, that is stuck at the cyanogenmod logo.

EDIT: As suggested earlier in the thread i have removed ROMMANAGER.APK from the /system/apps/ folder and cm10 now boots past the logo and is now hanging at 'starting apps'.

Also, using the livesuit unpacker i have determined that my system partition is indeed over 300mb, its 524mb so that should be more than enough.

Sometimes I just have to keep restarting it and it eventually completes the install. Patience :)

#906 drkdeath5000

drkdeath5000

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Sometimes I just have to keep restarting it and it eventually completes the install. Patience :)

I dont know i've restarted it a few times by holding the power button and it never seems to complete. I left it over 8 hours yesterday and it never went past the cyanogenmod logo. I've only managed to get it past the logo point by removing the rommanager.apk but after it hangs at starting apps and i reset with the power button, once again it hangs at the logo.

#907 DrKaz

DrKaz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

I have the same problem in my sanei N90, it was stuck at the blue android and now the screen is all black, im not even able to do recovery pressing the VOL+ and power button. It's bricked or Still have some hope?

Thanks in advance!

#908 iqram

iqram

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

@drkdeath and drkaz

I feel your pain. I used to have the same problem which was so frustrating. Once I left it on with the charger in for 24hrs and it still didint boot! Using quartz GAPPS has solved the problem for me. Worth a try.

Iqram

PS: DrKaz. Had the same problem ie not being able to boot into recovery. Keep trying it will work in the end. Either that or use livesuit to reload original ROM.

Edited by iqram, 24 September 2012 - 05:16 AM.

#909 billkelly

billkelly

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:36 AM

My vi40 got stuck at the rotating circles bit' tried reset and reflashing, tried minimal gapps, return to original ROM. Eventually, I reflashed to an older stock ROM and the change to cm10 went well. So far disappointed by video playback, and tvcatchup does not work. Browsing much better. Can not comment on battery life yet,but seems OK with setting for WiFi to never. Will try to get flash on later and try some more video players. Like it so far, allows over clock to 1200, but 1152 seems to work best. If can't get video to work well, will go to cm9. Games so far seem OK, but I only play non graphically intensive games.

#910 drkdeath5000

drkdeath5000

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have just tried the quartz gapps (minimal gapps) and its managed to boot past the cyanogenmod logo with the unedited cm10 rom. For now though its stuck on starting apps, i'll leave it a while and see what happens ... if it doesnt budge i'll try an older stock rom.

#911 iqram

iqram

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have just tried the quartz gapps (minimal gapps) and its managed to boot past the cyanogenmod logo with the unedited cm10 rom. For now though its stuck on starting apps, i'll leave it a while and see what happens ... if it doesnt budge i'll try an older stock rom.

let me know how it goes.

Has anyone managed to get bbc iplayer to work with the new bbc media player?

Edited by iqram, 24 September 2012 - 06:43 AM.

#912 DrKaz

DrKaz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

@drkdeath and drkaz

I feel your pain. I used to have the same problem which was so frustrating. Once I left it on with the charger in for 24hrs and it still didint boot! Using quartz GAPPS has solved the problem for me. Worth a try.

Iqram

PS: DrKaz. Had the same problem ie not being able to boot into recovery. Keep trying it will work in the end. Either that or use livesuit to reload original ROM.

To install the ROM I used commnads in the terminal emulator, because I never reached it ushing the vol+/- and power button combination, I'm thinking that my tablet is not a real sanei just a branded clone, as an addition to all this windows 7 and xp cannot install the usb drivers. There is a manual form to install them?.

thanks.

#913 drkdeath5000

drkdeath5000

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

Well i tried the minimal gapps, unfortunately it never proceeded beyond the 'starting apps' and after rebooting just hung again at the cyanogenmod logo.

I then proceeded to using an old stock image (V1.0) but again after flashing everything its hanging at the cyanogenmod logo.

I've tried over a dozen times now so i cant understand it. Searching the thread other D90W users seem to have got CM10 working so i just dont know. I must be doing something wrong but what ?

Is there anyway to run a logcat while its at the cyanogenmod logo, i tried running adb through a terminal but got no response...

EDIT:

Here we go, i rebooted again and adb is working :-).

After running adb logcat, im getting this repeated over and over like its stuck in a loop or something.

W/IMediaDeathNotifier( 276): Media player service not published, waiting...
I/ServiceManager( 276): Waiting for service media.audio_flinger...
I/ServiceManager( 276): Waiting for service media.player...
I/ServiceManager( 276): Waiting for service media.audio_flinger...
I/ServiceManager( 276): Waiting for service media.player...
W/AudioSystem( 276): AudioFlinger not published, waiting...

Edited by drkdeath5000, 24 September 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#914 billkelly

billkelly

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:39 AM

For now I have given up on cm10 in favour of cm9. There were just too many of the things I want not working. Cm10 is a great platform, faster than cm9, but still needs work. I am really grateful to those who have worked on these roms as they really enhance the device. I would hope that a10 development continues particularly cm10, so I will watch the threads and see what happens.
I am pleased with my tablet as it does what I wanted and running cm9 offers the best compromise between performance and stability .
Good luck to all I hope you can get what you want from these great roms.

Edited by billkelly, 25 September 2012 - 01:39 AM.

#915 pogodancer

pogodancer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

I've got a Eken T01a ... after flashing the compatibility zip the touch screen just won't work.

Hi aiken,
I have a T01a and a Eken A90 (T05a). On both all Troys-Roms (CM9/CM10) are working. But this does not mean it works for you. Maybe you have one of many other different hardware-models (I think this is one of the reasons Christian gave up on A10 - besides the crappy hardware).

But you should try cm10 again with a bigger system-partition: http://www.slatedroi...353#entry418353
Then cm10 maybe should work for you. Except hd-video-playing cm10 gives you roundabout the same performance as the stockrom, maybe a bit better in browsing mode.

#916 TarylD

TarylD

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

Hi I am new to slatedroid but not new to using a tablet. I have a Prestige 7, VL107 from visual land. *** not the 7L ****. has anyone tried to put cm9 or cm10 on this tablet before with any success. it is an a10 allwinner as well. lat time i tried to d put cm9 on the tablet on my own and tried a patch for the onda cuz the specs seemed similar. well the patch inverted my touchscreen and i couldn't fix it , so i sent it to the manufacturer and they exchanged the broken tablet for a new one fro $50. so this time i want see if anybody has done it or has had sucess gett cyanogen on the tablet. if not, then Christian can you do a build for it. specs for the prestige 7 you can find here http://www.visual-la...om/me-107.html. mine has the 4.0.4 os. help?

#917 artic108

artic108

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

Hi, does anyone know a solution for the touch problem? Ainol Novo7 Aurora 1 but not really sure what is my Aurora version or model since the packing has limited information. Bought it last May 2012 Korea.

#918 whiskerp

whiskerp

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

Seems to be working fairly well on my fake Protab2 XXL (Natpc M013RTB). Not tested video playback, etc., yet but ot boots OK and behaves as expected!

No compatibility.zip for this tablet (that I have yet found!). What I did:

• (Backup cm9)
  • Wipe / factory reset from CWM.
  • Install cwm10 zip
  • Install gapps zip
  • Reboot to check it boots!
  • Copy Novatek_TouchDriver.ko and ft5x_ts.ko to /system/lib/modules/ (taken from lyf1_compatibility_1.2.0.zip)
  • Copy over /system/usr/idc/novatek-ts.idc and /system/usr/keylayout/ft5x_ts.kl (taken from lyf1_compatibility_1.2.0.zip)
  • Copy over /system/etc/media_profiles.xml, /system/etc/camera.cfg, and /system/lib/hw/sensors.exDroid.so (taken from stock ROM)

(I would also have needed to copy script.bin and script0.bin (from the stock ROM) onto the /bootloader partition but they were still present from when I installed cm9.)

I guess for completeness I should also change ro.product.model and maybe a few other parts of /system/build.prop

I have CM10 running well on my NATPC M013RTB - everything works except the hardware volume buttons (for adjusting the volume that is - they do other things).
See the post here for the compatibility zip.

It is at least twice as responsive as the 4.0.4 build that came with this tablet.

Peter

Edited by whiskerp, 26 September 2012 - 06:31 AM.

#919 Lazaroid

Lazaroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

I have CM10 running well on my NATPC M013RTB - everything works except the hardware volume buttons (for adjusting the volume that is - they do other things).
See the post here for the compatibility zip.

It is at least twice as responsive as the 4.0.4 build that came with this tablet.

Peter

I ended up making my own compatibility.zip! I have a feeling that it also has different modules in it from those other ones: I get the feeling that these cheapo tablets are built from what they have to hand!

I can't actually remember whether my hardware volume buttons worked with the stock ROM or not, and I've never really had a need to use them (I can swipe the volume in MxPlayer, etc.). At the moment, I think the hardware volume keys are mapped to "Home" and something else. I've never really bothered to look into it but I suspect it would involve remapping the key-codes somewhere.

As you say: this thing is loads more responsive than the stock ROM (not that I had that on it for long...!).

#920 TarylD

TarylD

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

the link i included on my last post didn't work. I have the Visual Land Prestige 7:

Memory Size 8GB

Memory Expansion MicroSDHC Expansion Slot to 32GB exFAT supported
Processor Cortex A8 1.2GHz
Open GL GPU; 3D Acceleration
VPU: 2160p Decoding
RAM 512MB DDR3
Communications Protocols WiFi (802.11 b/g/n)
Speaker 1x 8Ω1W High Fidelity on rear
Headphone Standard 3.5mm Socket
TV-Out Connectors 1080P Mini HDMI
PC Connection 1x Standard Mini USB Slot
Camera 1.3MP Front Facing
Microphone Yes, built in for Voice Rec
Language Support Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Spanish, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Latvian, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Serbian, Swedish, Thai, Tagalog, Turkish, Ukranian, Vietnamese, Chinese
Operation Method Touch Screen
Weight 10.5 oz.
Dimensions 7.5" x 4.7" x 0.4"
DISPLAY
Screen Size 7-Inch
Screen Resolution 800x480
Touchscreen 5 Point Multi-Touch Capacitive
Aspect 16:9 Widescreen
POWER
Battery Life 8 hours continous usage* / 5 days standby

Charging Method Power Adapter or USB (Computer or USB AC Adapter)
SOFTWARE
Operating System Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Preloaded Applications Web Browser, Super-HD Video Player, Music Player, E-mail, PDF Reader, Calculator, Calendar, Camera, File Manager, Sound Recorder, DocumentsToGo, Angry Birds, Netflix, Skype, Sugarsync, IMDB, Recipes, Evernote, Fruit Ninja, 1Mobile, GetJar, Kindle, Sprinkle, Scramble, Aldiko, YouTube
MULTIMEDIA
Music Formats MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, M4A, FLAC, APE, 3GP, WAV
Video Formats AVI, MKV, WMV, MOV, MP4, MPG, FLV
Video Out Yes (1080P HDMI)
Photo Formats JPG, GIF, BMP, PNG

Has anybody put cm9/cm10 on this tablet? is there a tablet with similar specs that has cm9/cm10 on it? or can someone point me in the right direction to get cm9 or cm10?

Thank you.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By s2k7 in s2k7's Blog, on 02 September 2012 - 02:21 AM

Source: [rom] CyanogenMod...

Read Full Entry →