#1 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• Authorized Business Seller (ABS)
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

I've been doing this for all of the other Amlogic tablets that I sell. Here is one for the Vi30 Dual-Core.

This is just a basic clean ROM that will fix the market so you can see & install as many apps as possible.

Added
Gapps (Aka Google Apps & Sync Applications)
XML Files for Market
JAR Files for Market
i9300 fingerprint for gameloft downloads
Deodexed
Tablet Root
English Default
Guided Install/First Boot
Added Talk.apk that is compatible with Amlogic ROMS

Deleted
Chinese apps

Instructions(Almost forgot)

Unzip contents into root of Micro SD card.
With power off hold the home button which is on the front of the tablet.
Turn power on and keep home button depressed until tablet enters update mode.
Should update automatically.

V1.2 Repack

http://www.mediafire...uncsc13k9ll4ur3

V1.0 0810 Vi30W (THIS LINK IS FOR THE W VERSION ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!) http://www.mediafire...b9vc2avgescjlaa

Please note the Vi30 and the Vi30W have two different screens. You will soft-brick your tablet if you do not install the correct one.

Link to the product on our website

http://www.flsuperst...-cortex-a9.html

Edited by F&LSuperstore, 28 August 2012 - 02:43 AM.

• drussthelegend likes this
Posted Image
Frank, President
F&L Superstore - www.flsuperstore.com
email: frank@flsuperstore.com
blog: flsuperstore.wordpress.com
MSN: flsuperstore@gmail.com

#2 chainer

chainer

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:30 AM

Thanks so much. Its so easy now without the chinese apps.

As per my post in the other thread. Would it be possible to change the model number to onda from gt-i9300?
One musnt criticize other people on grounds where he can't stand perpendicular himself.
-Mark Twain

#3 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

Thanks so much. Its so easy now without the chinese apps.

As per my post in the other thread. Would it be possible to change the model number to onda from gt-i9300?

If you want to lose full functionality on the market sure. Use Root Explorer and edit the build.prop which can be found in /system/build.prop

I personally refuse to not build my ROMS with anything less than a Galaxy S II fingerprint or else Gameloft will not let you download the textures for their games.
Posted Image
Frank, President

#4 zychen

zychen

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

I have 2 units of Onda Vi30 Dual Core, one for myself and one for my sibling. I was trying to update the later to official firmware v1.2 and it failed. It ended up not rebooting after update, screen is on but stays blank without the white android logo. Then I flash with v1.1 and it boots up fine. This is rather strange and want to ask if anyone experiences this ...

I will try again tonight and also update it with flsuperstore's ROM if update to v1.2 is successful.

#5 t43m4n

t43m4n

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

Hi,
would you know how I can update my vi30 dual core with this? Should i use livesuit? Maybe you can post just a quick step by step guide. Livesuit tells me its an invalid image file (boot.img, bootloader.img, logo.img).

EDIT:
Nevermind I got it running. Problem is it doesnt detect the storage of my device now. :( Trying to reinstall the firmware.

Edited by t43m4n, 08 August 2012 - 07:13 AM.

#6 deejhay

deejhay

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

F&L's V1.2 Works smoothly, i don't have to disable the non-english(chinese) apps and Android Market (Google Play) works fine. Thank you so much.
Though i still have wireless problems. I still can't have strong wireless signal even if i'm in a room next to the router.

#7 Sassinak

Sassinak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

Do I place the folder in the internal SDCard? or the external one? My tablet says it can't mount the external one on boot, though it does afterwards.
Which ROM manager do you use ?

#8 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

F&L's V1.2 Works smoothly, i don't have to disable the non-english(chinese) apps and Android Market (Google Play) works fine. Thank you so much.
Though i still have wireless problems. I still can't have strong wireless signal even if i'm in a room next to the router.

Wi-fi is much improved in my opinion. They still need to tweak it a bit as did the other companies using the same Kernel (Ainol & Ramos).
Posted Image
Frank, President

#9 SoulBrother

SoulBrother

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Yes i am also experiencing bad wifi, not even over 1mb.
What are you getting?
I am currently on Onda V1.2 firmware.
Did you experience better wifi with F&L's V1.2?

Thanks Alot

Kind Regards,

#10 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

Yes i am also experiencing bad wifi, not even over 1mb.
What are you getting?
I am currently on Onda V1.2 firmware.
Did you experience better wifi with F&L's V1.2?

Thanks Alot

Kind Regards,

Right next to the router I get 12.3Down/5.7Up.
About 30ft away three walls 6.8down/4.1up.

You might want to open up your tablet and see if your antenna might be soldered wrong if you are getting low numbers after you update with my rom.
Posted Image
Frank, President

#11 JotaBeTav

JotaBeTav

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

.great idea of fixes..

Wht about calendar nd contacts sync with hoogle acounts... my v1.1 does not llow e to syn them... anyone with same problem or is this fied in this repack? Once again thanks a lot for suh a great opinions and colaboration to deelopebest performance of such a good machine. Probably one of the best tabs on market... only missing ips screen.. other than that is just perfect....

JB

#12 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

.great idea of fixes..

Wht about calendar nd contacts sync with hoogle acounts... my v1.1 does not llow e to syn them... anyone with same problem or is this fied in this repack? Once again thanks a lot for suh a great opinions and colaboration to deelopebest performance of such a good machine. Probably one of the best tabs on market... only missing ips screen.. other than that is just perfect....

JB

Gapps=Pertinent google apps that the average person wants on their tablet.
Posted Image
Frank, President

#13 JotaBeTav

JotaBeTav

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

Gapps=Pertinent google apps that the average person wants on their tablet.

Sorry.. mxy question still remains because with youry repack still cantw use or see my contacts. And now in google play you cant even se any apk regarding contacts like contapps or dw contacts or even smartr contacts...

Is there a way to fix this. Now it is syncing wich is betuter then last firmware but new problem is that no way to see them...
Thnks a lot for the effort... and help

#14 SoulBrother

SoulBrother

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

Hello,

After updating to Onda's V1.2 (NOT F&L'S) I have the following issues:
Once the tablet goes to sleep, it sometimes doesnt respond to wake up, to which i have to resolve by holding down the power button to restart the tablet?
Also after downloading data and playing gta 3, i turned off the tablet and i have now turned it on but it does not respond to my sd card, it simply states the following: Preparing SD card, Checking for errors. I tried starting up the tablet without the sd card and it still remains with the same message. When i go to settings and click on storage the tablet responds with settings is not responding, but when i click on any other category in settings it responds fine.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks Alot

Kind Regards,

#15 Sassinak

Sassinak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Nothing doing: I can't get the external SD Card to mount on recovery boot, though the tablet reads it well enough afterwards. What can I do ?

#16 deejhay

deejhay

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

Wi-fi is much improved in my opinion. They still need to tweak it a bit as did the other companies using the same Kernel (Ainol & Ramos).

Is version F&L V1.2 applicable to Onda vi40 Dual Core? I hopinge so, coz i dont wanna manually disable the chinese apps again. If not, can F&L provide us with similar clean firmware for vi40 Dual Core without the chinese apps. Thanks in advance

Deej

#17 chainer

chainer

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

I would caution the use of firmwares not labelled applicable for your device. Hopefully someone will repack those firmwares for vi40.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
One musnt criticize other people on grounds where he can't stand perpendicular himself.
-Mark Twain

#18 Sassinak

Sassinak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

Is F&L's ROM a CWM ?
Anyone know of a way to update without mounting SDCARD ?
Can't I modify JUST the external sdcard mounting point from the vold.fstab file ?
Should I install the SDK and give adb a shot ?
Is my problem just a fluke ?

#19 LastFrontier

LastFrontier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Just installed it and works really great. Good job and thanks

Sent from my Onda Vi30D

Edited by LastFrontier, 14 August 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#20 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

Sorry.. mxy question still remains because with youry repack still cantw use or see my contacts. And now in google play you cant even se any apk regarding contacts like contapps or dw contacts or even smartr contacts...

Is there a way to fix this. Now it is syncing wich is betuter then last firmware but new problem is that no way to see them...
Thnks a lot for the effort... and help

This is an issue with a lot of tablets, not just this one. Don't ask me why or how because I don't know at this time. It's hard for me to run a business and be a complete Android nerd at the same time so I haven't figured it out yet. I would suggest using the talkatone app if you want something to look at contacts. This app not only allows you to make phone calls with your tablet but also text messages. Google voice also stores contact information but to access the names you have to click the "search" and type in a name. At least you do on the phone. I would have to check the tablet.

I've figured it out. http://www.mediafire...ch3uuxs8y5zs4aa

Replace Contacts.apk & ContactsProvider.apk in your /system/app directory with the ones in this zip.

Edited by F&LSuperstore, 15 August 2012 - 04:54 PM.

Posted Image
Frank, President