CX-01 Cortex A5

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 leeeeed

leeeeed

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

I got email from CABLETECH reseeler. He say, new firmware will be released soon, mayby for a few days and no needed to flash using FWDN. We can use internal menu updater :) so waiting....

Thanks pawelkrak - looking forward to their email.

#22 tvstikuser

tvstikuser

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

I bought the TVStik from the Geek.com (http://www.geeks.com...ANDROID-TV-STIK). I have since updated the ROM to the one mentioned earlier in this thread (version V1.0-4096-8189_en). The OS in the new ROM is the same as the one the TVStik came with (4.0.4) but the ROM itself is a older version. I would like to go back to the ROM that the device came with. Would anyone happen to have this ROM available?
I flashed the ROM to be able to root the device but turns out that this ROM is also not rooted. I would like to install VNC server on my device but no luck so far.

Thanks for any help.

#23 NexusEfr

NexusEfr

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

This rom can be used in a Zero Devices Z900? I understand that it uses the same chip Tcc8920st truth?

#24 NexusEfr

NexusEfr

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

You can get the ROM page cnx Z900 software for a device with the same chip (tcc8920st-Telechips tcc8925?
Thanks for the info

#25 Alferek

Alferek

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

@pawelkrak
Please inform us about availability of the new firmware :)

Edited by Alferek, 16 January 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#26 pawelkrak

pawelkrak

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

I got new firmware. Updating from internal menu by USB PENDRIVE. Exact copy udpate.zip onto USB PENDRIVE and run procedure. For me, nothing interesting. Still 4.0.4 ICS.

CABLETECH HDMI DONGLE FIRMWARE

#27 leeeeed

leeeeed

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

I got new firmware. Updating from internal menu by USB PENDRIVE. Exact copy udpate.zip onto USB PENDRIVE and run procedure. For me, nothing interesting. Still 4.0.4 ICS.

CABLETECH HDMI DONGLE FIRMWARE

THANK YOU

Will install tonight, any changes as far as Android Market (Play Store)?

Also any chance for someone with slightly more skills than myself to make any tweaks?

Edited by leeeeed, 17 January 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#28 leeeeed

leeeeed

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Ok so my stick won't take this firmware for some reason. Frustrating. Is there contact details for someone who i can talk to about this?

Also as a side note I've created an all-encompassing thread on this model over at XDA Dev here -> http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2105279

When I follow the instructions to upgrade it looks like it's working, the device restarts into the upload screen, looks like it completes, but when it reboots it ends up the same version with no changes. I can load the stick into it's bootloader. I can wipe it via ADB. ADB won't allow me to load the Update.zip as it's missing the android-info.txt or android-product.txt :/

#29 powerkill

powerkill

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

I manage to update mine but it's still 4.0.4
Before launching the upgrade in the about I got
Model Number : TCC8925_HDMI_DONGLE
Android Version 4.0.4
Baseband Version : Unknown
Kernel version : 3.0.8-tcc sunny@bogondroid #154 Mon Oct 8 10:53:30 CST 2012
Build number full_tcc8920st_emmc-userdebug 4.0.4 IMM76D eng.sunny.20121008.105834 test-keys

After upgrade
Model Number : ANDROID_HDMI_DONGLE
Android Version 4.0.4
Baseband Version : Unknown
Kernel version : 3.0.8-tcc root@android #364 Fri Nov 16 20:51:49 CST 2012
Build number Android-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D IMM76D eng.root.20121128.105154

So the new firmware seems to be newer but I can't see any news on this firmware

I also tried to change some stuff in the zip and sign it again but I didn't manage to update

BTW this is the Stick that I have
http://plute.en.alib...NGRY_BIRDS.html
it's seems to be the real manufacterer of what you call cabletech :D

#30 leeeeed

leeeeed

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Thanks Powerkill - I'm chasing down the vendor on Skype, maybe I can get out of them a different version (or at least one that works for my stick). Funnily enough they also make the CX-01 which looks to be exactly the same except different outer casing and a Fn button.

Tempted to install the CX-01 ROM onto there with the flash tool.

edit: Compared the specs of the 2 and they look identical. I'm going to go for it. Will report back.

Edited by leeeeed, 21 January 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#31 leeeeed

leeeeed

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Here's where I'm at. Can't flash CX-01 firmware, FWDN just will not detect this device. Can't flash anything. Put it into fastboot to at least flash the boot.img that I had. Bricked. Won't get out of fastboot screen. Contact Plute directly via Skype, although friendly and trying to help, supposedly there are too many variations in the hardware they distribute and can't supply firmware.

If anyone here could possible generate a recovery.img from their stick for me to flash, at least give it one last try, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.androidpo...od-rom-manager/

Above shows you how to generate a Nandroid backup. If you could please do that for me I'd appreciate it. Just want to give it one last go.

#32 powerkill

powerkill

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

I will try to do it for you tomorrow
BTW do you know why when I open the update.zip from cabletech make some change rezip and autosign
I'm unable to update it again I got an error with an image of android and heart open with error sign
BR

#33 leeeeed

leeeeed

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Thank you, much appreciated. :)

Not sure - I have a feeling that the "update.zip" they use isn't in the format we're used to. Hence my problems.

Edited by leeeeed, 23 January 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#34 Astarte Corp.

Astarte Corp.

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rozebrany Cabletech URZ0193, warto na co zwrócić uwagę to rozwiązanie z brakiem pamięci NAND, została przez producenta zastąpiona drugim gniazdem micorSD. W moim modelu była karta SanDisk 4GB, ale w innym już ich bez firmowa.

Mnie osobiście udało się "uszkodzić" urządzenie 5 razy, ale od razu zaznaczam że nie z mojej winy ;P IMHO serwisant twierdzi że uszkodziłem bootloader, ale mnie wydaje się e padła po prostu karta. Nowa wersja v1.1 póki co działa drugi dzień :D

Po wcześniejszych doświadczeniach postanowiłem zrobić obraz wewnętrznej karty microSD poleceniem dd (lub pod win hdd raw copy tool), obraz ładnie zapisałem na dysk, ale gdy chciałem przywrócić obraz na drugą kartę (też 4GB) dd wyrzuciło że nie zapisało ok 3kb danych na nowej karcie. Efekt łatwy do przewidzenia, urządzenie się nie uruchomiło. W rozmowie z serwisem dowiedziałem się że używają sprzętowego klonowania.

Programowanie przez FWDN nie jest możliwe, gdyż brak jest przycisku Fn, wewnątrz taż go nie ma... widać na załączonych zdjęciach. Może ma ktoś jakieś pomysły odnośnie wgrania innego softu?

Google Translated
-----------------------------------------------------------------

URZ0193 Cabletech demolished, it is what to look for is a solution to the lack of NAND flash memory, has been replaced by the manufacturer micorSD second slot. In my model was a 4GB SanDisk card, but in others they have no company.

I personally managed to "damage" the device 5 times, but once I select that was not my fault: P IMHO technician says that hurt the bootloader, but it seems that I just fell card. The new version v1.1 which runs until the other day :D

After previous experience I decided to make an image of internal microSD card dd command (or the M$win hdd raw copy tool ), the image nice wrote on the drive, but when I wanted to restore the image on the second card (or 4GB) dd not enrolled thrown about 3KB of data in a new tab. The result is easy to predict, the device will not be launched. In an interview with the service I learned that the use of cloning hardware.

Programming by FWDN is not possible, as there is no Fn button inside taz he is not ... you can see in the pictures. Maybe someone has some ideas on upload another firmware?

#35 powerkill

powerkill

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

leed I install the ROM Manager but it doesn't recongnize the HDMI stick and can't boot on recovery firmware for being able to create you the image :D

#36 leeeeed

leeeeed

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Thanks for your help powerkill - there are other ways - http://www.addictive...rtition-images/ - but don't expect you to spend lots of time on it :) Thanks for your help

#37 powerkill

powerkill

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Thanks for your help powerkill - there are other ways - http://www.addictive...rtition-images/ - but don't expect you to spend lots of time on it :) Thanks for your help

I try but this is what I got

adb shell /data/local/install
Android ROM dumper v0.72b
©2010 Sebastian404
romdump installed.
Segmentation fault

If you have any other idea that can help you I will be glad to help.

#38 tommy66

tommy66

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

hello, i'm from poland. i have the same problem with this android stick, can anybody make a full image from nand(microsd sandisk), i take of a system card but i haven't a recovery.img and boot.img of this android, can someone help?

#39 greyrider

greyrider

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationNot far from Cardiff, South Wales next to England

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

Any way of getting these to work via USB Ethernet? I bought an adaptor which works perfectly with my Flame tablet but the stick just switches off WiFi and then does nothing.
Failing that, can the WiFi reception be improved at all?
In fact, anyone still supporting these sticks?

#40 FaiRLane

FaiRLane

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPori, Finland

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Any way of getting these to work via USB Ethernet? I bought an adaptor which works perfectly with my Flame tablet but the stick just switches off WiFi and then does nothing.
Failing that, can the WiFi reception be improved at all?
In fact, anyone still supporting these sticks?

I am also a owner of CX-01 stick, and also looking any update for it. still using 4.0.x default android.

I think that there is a pontential on this stick.

4.1.1 android would be nice. And if somebody knows, how to fix cx-01 poor wifi to better is would be very nice...
Former Kendo M7 (aka YiFang M7) tablet owner.
Happy owner of Ramos W17pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users