T301 Won't Update Manual or Terminal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kendallkmw

kendallkmw

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

I've got a cruz t301 that has just became a downright pain. Yesterday it just decided it wanted to stop detecting the sd card, and when I power it off it resets the date to 12/31/69. I've tried the volume+ and power, the reset button release volume+ immediately after releasing, and cruz update tool and they all three give me the droid logo with a triangle and exclamation mark (see attached photo). All three methods yeild the same result. I've formatted the card in my phone just to be sure it wasnt a formatting issue which it never should have been it was the same card it was previously reading. The sd card is completely blank with the update.zip in the root directory. This is the stock T301 2.2 update from the cruz website. Please help im sure someone has the answer to this problem.

Attached Files

Edited by kendallkmw, 06 August 2012 - 12:13 AM.

#2 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

Sounds like a battery issue, I mean the initial issue with resetting the date and acting a little strange. However, then you sort of indicate that you can actually power it on. If you can power the tablet on, can you access the factory reset in the settings (if there is one) and see what that does. I don't have a Cruz, just trying to throw a few things into the game.
Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.