Cube U30GT Drivers Problem

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Can Karpuzcu

Can Karpuzcu

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hi, I'am newbie for android. Can you help me for my Cube U30GT, please.

Rockchip usb drivers already installed in my pc.

Tablet: Cube U30GT-H v1.02
Computers: XP Service Pack 2 - 32bit desktop and a laptop also features the same

When I connect the tablet to the computer, my computer sees this as a memory unit. Both external and internal SD can see into My Computer.

However when I open the USB Debug Mode on tablet pc, my computer can not see the driver. When I connect to my computer, i can see a question mark on Device Manager. But i install the drivers correctly.

Cause the problem may be caused by, what do you suggest me to try?

Sory for my English.

Edited by Can Karpuzcu, 04 August 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#2 bigheaddog

bigheaddog

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hi, I'am newbie for android. Can you help me for my Cube U30GT, please.

Rockchip usb drivers already installed in my pc.

Tablet: Cube U30GT-H v1.02
Computers: XP Service Pack 2 - 32bit desktop and a laptop also features the same

When I connect the tablet to the computer, my computer sees this as a memory unit. Both external and internal SD can see into My Computer.

However when I open the USB Debug Mode on tablet pc, my computer can not see the driver. When I connect to my computer, i can see a question mark on Device Manager. But i install the drivers correctly.

Cause the problem may be caused by, what do you suggest me to try?

Sory for my English.

maybe u can try looking at this link : http://www.slatedroi...e-instructions/

#3 Can Karpuzcu

Can Karpuzcu

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

maybe u can try looking at this link : http://www.slatedroi...e-instructions/

I tried this before, but it's failed. RKBatchtol did not recognize my tablet pc. So I don't upgrade or downgrade my version...

Edited by Can Karpuzcu, 04 August 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#4 bigheaddog

bigheaddog

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

I tried this before, but it's failed. RKBatchtol did not recognize my tablet pc. So I don't upgrade or downgrade my version...

that is funny. i tried the method and it somehow works.

#5 Can Karpuzcu

Can Karpuzcu

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

that is funny. i tried the method and it somehow works.

But all of the methods dont work in my tablet and computer. Maybe the problem on my computer. I should try another computer.

#6 CoreyPL

CoreyPL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

First of all, turn off USB debugging mode - this mode require ADB drivers (not supplied by Cube) to work properly. Just be sure to have Mass Storage mode turned on in Settings->Storage->3 dots in upper-right corner->Mass Storage. This will enable your PC to access drives like a normal flash drive. And it requires only generic Windows drivers, nothing more.

Rockchip drivers are needed only for flash mode and will work only when flash mode is on (holding both Vol+ and Power buttons when turning on the tablet).

And be sure to use different cable as original one is so crappy, that many people had problems with data transfers/flashing/not seeing new devices in PC when using it. Just use a cable from your smartphone (not always compatible) or buy generic MicroUSB-USB cable.
  • ultimatenoob likes this

#7 hopcroft

hopcroft

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

Hi,

I've come across the same problem with the debug mode as Can Karpuzcu. Has anyone found the solution to it?. Anytime my tablet is plugged on my laptop in debug mode I can see a yellow exclamation sign labeled as SGH-T989 within the device manager.
The issue is that I can't develop with Eclipse this way.

Regards.

#8 CoreyPL

CoreyPL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

Hi,

I've come across the same problem with the debug mode as Can Karpuzcu. Has anyone found the solution to it?. Anytime my tablet is plugged on my laptop in debug mode I can see a yellow exclamation sign labeled as SGH-T989 within the device manager.
The issue is that I can't develop with Eclipse this way.

Regards.

Have you installed ADB drivers? They are not attached to Cube's firmware files and you have to get them yourself. Did you modified build.prop to show SGH-T989 instead Rockchip?

I've downloaded drivers for ICS and modified inf file so it works with my OEM Cube from PandaWill. I've uploaded this drivers, you can try them. If they are not working, you will have to modify inf file for your vendor ID:

DOWNLOAD

Edited by CoreyPL, 01 September 2012 - 06:55 AM.

#9 owisnew

owisnew

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

Hi there
I need some advice from veterans :(
Yesterday i received my Cube U30GT-H which works excellent but i decide to update the rom.
I did everything as informed to do on other post but only with one exception ... i have used original micro usb cable received in the box from cube which i quess was big mistake.

I have switched my cube to flash mode, after recognized by RKBatchTool i started updating rom ...
Everythings was fine ...
After a while i figure out that some error occurred during transfering new files :/
Tried updating again but with the same errors at the end ...

After that i decided to restart my cube but it didnt even start and my computer doesnt "see" this tablet now :(
I left my cube for 12 hours to test it today but its still not working.
I can not start it or use flash mode even. Zero reaction, my cube looks like dead :((

I bought genuine micro usb cable today with hope it will help but my pc still can not see any new device.
RKBatchTool doesnt see it also.

Any advice how can i fix it ?

#10 CoreyPL

CoreyPL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

Hi there
I need some advice from veterans :(
Yesterday i received my Cube U30GT-H which works excellent but i decide to update the rom.
I did everything as informed to do on other post but only with one exception ... i have used original micro usb cable received in the box from cube which i quess was big mistake.

Yes, it was very bad idea to use original cable. If your tablet isn't turning on, then error probably was after old ROM was deleted.

If your tablet isn't even turning on in flash mode (be sure of it - turn it off forcefully pressing power button for 4 or more seconds, then connect cable and press power and vol+ for 2-3 sec) then you are in a bit of a pickle. Only possible rescue is to do a hard reset of the tablet to unbrick it. It will require to take the case apart.

Try this link:
http://www.flashmyan...1483-Unbricking

#11 owisnew

owisnew

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for help.
I have been trying to run it for an hour or even longer with no results at the end :/
Still not starting, i have tried all possible combinations :| ...
I am afraid that will have to use screwdriver which makes me crazy at this point.
Hope thats gonna help.
Have a good weekend !!

#12 CoreyPL

CoreyPL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

It is very easy to take the case off - you just need to have a precise screwdriver. You will be fine as long as you will follow the instructions. Good luck!

#13 irw030370

irw030370

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

I have a similar problem for my u30gt-h v1.05 - I cannot get windows 7 to accept the drivers from Rockbatch v1.5, so cannot flash it. Getting really frustrated! :(

#14 CoreyPL

CoreyPL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

I have a similar problem for my u30gt-h v1.05 - I cannot get windows 7 to accept the drivers from Rockbatch v1.5, so cannot flash it. Getting really frustrated! :(

If you are using original cable, dump it into the trash. Use good quality cable and Windows will have no problem recognizing the device. I used a cable from my Nokia E7, but any good quality microUSB cable should be ok. I didn't have any problems installing drivers under Win7 x64.

#15 lozzo52

lozzo52

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

I am having the same problem installing the drivers. Have tried Nokia and Samsung cables. The error message I keep getting is attached below...
Attached File  Capture.PNG   37.72KB   28 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users