38 replies to this topic

#1 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

This is a fundamental guide, probably repeated in many areas of the web and here on Slatedroid, but I thought I would add to the A13 forum :

The archived firmware file I downloaded from Ampe for the A76 included the Livesuitpack archive, which I copied to my desktop.

LiveSuitPack_v1.07

I then extracted the files which created another folder on my desktop.

Now, before anything, makes sure your tablet is charged up, 100% charge is nice.

Once extracted, and before attaching your tablet to your PC, run the file 'LiveSuitPack_v1.07.exe' from within the Livesuit folder. This should install a new device on your system (VID_1f3a_PID_efe8). This device may show with an exclamation mark in Windows Device Manager, this doesn't matter and can be ignored. I was using Windows Vista for this example.

Now edit the firmware (.img file) that you have downloaded so that there are no Chinese or Foreign characters within the filename.

This is the firmware/ROM image that you are going to flash (or copy) to the tablet.

Your tablet is fully charged? - right?

Without attaching your tablet to your PC run 'LiveSuit.exe' from within the Livesuit folder. You should get an application with 6 mysterious icons.

You will be asked if you want to be guided through the process, select no.

Click on the leftmost icon (a cube), browse to your downloaded firmware image, and select it.

Now, this is the step that made my eyebrows join, so it's important:

Turn the tablet completely off. The tablet should be off throughout the next process. And when I say off, I mean off, no lights showing nothing, tablet is not connected to the computer, off, no lights. Hold down the power button for ten or fifteen seconds if you're not sure, just make sure it is off. Charged up, but off.

Connect the USB cable to your tablet and hold down the volume+ button, keep the button pressed.

Connect the other end of the USB cable to your computer (keep that volume+ button pressed - I know, it hurts by now)

Using your third hand, straight after attaching the cable, and whilst still holding down the volume+ button, start pressing the tablet power button repeatedly (approx 1 press per second for 10 seconds is enough). This procedure puts the tablet into update mode, for the Ampe it took 5 or 6 presses.

After a few seconds a window will pop up on your PC asking if you want to perform a forced firmware update. You can stop the pain and release the volume+ at this point. Select yes. You will be asked if you're sure. Select yes.

The update will start and will take approx 3 minutes to complete. You will see a % complete progress bar during the process and will get a dialog saying OK when it's done. It is a non-linear progress bar, so even though it appears to be stuck at times, don't panic.

Turn your tablet on and you will have the new firmware, be happy/sad based on the fact that it is better/worse than your previous firmware.

Hope that helps, thanks for the numerous sources on Slatedroid and the Web for the English translation.
  • mrsburnout, k1000716, z377 and 2 others like this
Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.

#2 darkforce

darkforce

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

Hi all First post,

The above information is what I have experienced and is a good guide.

I have a Nova7 Advance and this worked perfectly for me.

But and here is what frustrated the bleep out of me for about a week of trying.
I also have a Momo9 II thats two with the A13 cpu did not relise it was an A13 at first because I ordered it as an A10 with HDMI and they ran out of stock and sent me the A13,
anyway the problem I was having was trying to update the firmware with A10 firmware it would just not let me do it luckily for me there must be some sort of file check
on the A13 header or something as changing file names did not make a difference.
So just make sure you have the right firmware or it won't even go into update mode.

Oh and for the life of me I can't get flash to work on the Momo9 A13 seems a poor cousin to what I've read a bout the A10 version.

Edited by darkforce, 09 August 2012 - 09:10 AM.

#3 k1000716

k1000716

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Thanks Dryster!

This was the first guide I found when searching and it saved my butt. Very simple to follow but still comprehensive. It helped resurrect my Aurora after the internal sd card became corrupted and nothing seemed to be able to fix it. Of course it wiped everything, but that's a small price to pay! Maybe next time I'll remember to save a back up on my laptop for easy restoration...

Lee

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

#4 codestroy7

codestroy7

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

I got a problem in using this LiveSuite...
First, i extracted it then, set the language to english...
I executed the program then, selected the IMG.
I did what is stated in your instruction but the livesuite never detected the tablet, sometimes it did but it showed that the IMG file is not available please check.

btw, i am using 1.09

#5 k1000716

k1000716

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:00 AM

I got a problem in using this LiveSuite...
First, i extracted it then, set the language to english...
I executed the program then, selected the IMG.
I did what is stated in your instruction but the livesuite never detected the tablet, sometimes it did but it showed that the IMG file is not available please check.

btw, i am using 1.09

Did you extract the .img file from the .rar archive you downloaded?

Lee

#6 codestroy7

codestroy7

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

Did you extract the .img file from the .rar archive you downloaded?

Lee

I did extract the rar but not the img. I think the img file should be left in that format.
also I noticed that the img file cannot be extracted.

Edited by codestroy7, 22 August 2012 - 05:07 AM.

#7 k1000716

k1000716

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:56 AM

I did extract the rar but not the img. I think the img file should be left in that format.
also I noticed that the img file cannot be extracted.

I meant extract the img from the rar as you've done. Seems odd that livesuit won't accept the img.
Perhaps the issue is with the version of livesuit you're using? Have you tried uninstalling your 1.09 version and using the 1.07 one?

Sent from my phone.

#8 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

I tried with both 1.07 and 1.09 versions, there are more than one of each floating around. I ended up using 1.07

I tried a few times and thought I was going around the twist (wow, there's an old saying, where did that come from?) - but persevered.

You have to have that device VID_1f3a_PID_efe8 in your hardware manager, and I think it has to have the asterix. Then, I believe with the .img file you have to EDIT ALL THE CHINESE CHARACTERs out of the filename. ie, change it to something simple like 0199.img or thereabouts. And put it somewhere where you can find it.
Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.

#9 codestroy7

codestroy7

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

I tried with both 1.07 and 1.09 versions, there are more than one of each floating around. I ended up using 1.07

I tried a few times and thought I was going around the twist (wow, there's an old saying, where did that come from?) - but persevered.

You have to have that device VID_1f3a_PID_efe8 in your hardware manager, and I think it has to have the asterix. Then, I believe with the .img file you have to EDIT ALL THE CHINESE CHARACTERs out of the filename. ie, change it to something simple like 0199.img or thereabouts. And put it somewhere where you can find it.

Actually i already have that device in my device manager and it has an exclamation mark in it. I tried changing filenames to remove those invalid characters and using different versions of LiveSuite but it didn't gave me luck. When i change the filename that was the time that the tablet was never detected, when i clicked the upgrade button it says that there is no device to upgrade.

LiveSuite Ver.: 1.09
Tablet: Momo9c (enhanced version)

#10 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

One thing to be wary of, when you change the filename, make sure you retain the .img suffix

Like I said, I thought I was doing something wrong, but many people use the livesuite process, I made sure that (a) tablet was off, off, off (B) I held down the volume button before attaching the tablet to the PC © after connection, tap the power key six or more times (it seems like you need an extra hand while doing all this).

Keep at it.

Edited by dryster, 23 August 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#11 codestroy7

codestroy7

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

@dryster

thank you for helping me, i will be posting here whatever will happen.
i will be trying what you said when i have enough time.

#12 FreeStyle

FreeStyle

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Help me please!!!!!!

I WANT extract .img flie
but I do't know programes to us

#13 k1000716

k1000716

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

Help me please!!!!!!

I WANT extract .img flie
but I do't know programes to us

7zip

Lee

#14 Azhrei

Azhrei

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hi, thanks for the guide, easy to follow. My Onda VI40 needed to revert to the original firmware, the crowd I got the tablet from sent me the firmware, and when I followed your guide it seemed to update just fine, but when Livesuit finished it gave me a window with a yellow exclamation mark and nothing else (helpful, I know). When I put in the AC charger, the tablet gives me a red battery - I'm hoping that if I leave it for a few hours it will have charged and will be back operating as normal, but if not what could the window with the yellow exclamation mark mean?

Edit - Seems I shouldn't have been trying this on my laptop, but on my desktop - worked first time :)

Edited by Azhrei, 06 October 2012 - 06:13 AM.

#15 Morrisq

Morrisq

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

Hello all,

I'v had a lot of livesuit issues since I bricked my tablet (while attempting to repair my SD card...),
and what ultimately fixed the programme was nothing more than choosing the proper .img! I mean, regarding to your processor.
I have a cortex A8, which is in fact a A13 and not a A10. Livesuit would either hang or not detect my tablet using A10 roms.
It started working directly when I choose tragidy's ROM for the momo9, a A13 device like my synchrodigital inosop tablet!
Such please when it finally work I will post a reworked guide so that people with A8/A13 issues can find directly...

#16 z377

z377

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Just registered to say BIG thankyou.My tablet is Prestigio PMP3270B.
I worked with Livesuit 1.09RU (ru localization).

#17 atom4sld

atom4sld

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

I have A13 based tablet TP-737 Running ICS 4.0.4 Kernel 3.0.8+
how to change boot logos with live suit.
there are total 3 boot logos in android

1. bootloader
2. system loader
3. android animation.

I could only change boot animation.

#18 Arcusi

Arcusi

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Thanks a lot good sir, this guide helped me restore my "Damaged" internal sd card bug. PS: NEVER EVER EVER EVER... EVER format the sd card or do a factory reset with format from a cyanogenmod while on the Aurora.

#19 Duplicity

Duplicity

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

I didn't realize when I used this guide it was from the Slatedroid site, but I used it last night a few times trying to revive an A13 looping pretty much out of the box.
Brand new to flashing tablets and relatively new to Android. Have flashed lots of other stuff....
Curious on what people are seeing. My tablet is a generic A13 and I grabbed about 5 different firmware versions reported to work on a lot of these devices. Pictures looked identical to what I have, etc. I realize that is only part of it, but a lot better than a rom for something totally different.
Of the 5 I tried, 4 of them just failed at some point in the flash, many right at the beginning. The one that did go through and got the device to boot again was a version of Momo9 that is in Chinese and has the touchscreen all messed up. I can't even navigate with a USB mouse to get to settings/language and even if I do, so what, it is really buggered. On one attempt at flashing this rom I bumped the table and it suddenly halted at about 56% and failed. I re-flashed and it worked.
Question, out of the other 4 roms that failed to install, if one got past the initial flashing and failed could that be due to moving a cable, etc, meaning if it starts to flash should it really be able to finish?
I have two of these and I am going to try and dump an image from the other one anyway, but wondering how flashing should go.

#20 imajeenyus

imajeenyus

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

This is a fundamental guide, probably repeated in many areas of the web and here on Slatedroid, but I thought I would add to the A13 forum :

The archived firmware file I downloaded from Ampe for the A76 included the Livesuitpack archive, which I copied to my desktop.

LiveSuitPack_v1.07

I then extracted the files which created another folder on my desktop.

Now, before anything, makes sure your tablet is charged up, 100% charge is nice.

Once extracted, and before attaching your tablet to your PC, run the file 'LiveSuitPack_v1.07.exe' from within the Livesuit folder. This should install a new device on your system (VID_1f3a_PID_efe8). This device may show with an exclamation mark in Windows Device Manager, this doesn't matter and can be ignored. I was using Windows Vista for this example.

Now edit the firmware (.img file) that you have downloaded so that there are no Chinese or Foreign characters within the filename.

This is the firmware/ROM image that you are going to flash (or copy) to the tablet.

Your tablet is fully charged? - right?

Without attaching your tablet to your PC run 'LiveSuit.exe' from within the Livesuit folder. You should get an application with 6 mysterious icons.

You will be asked if you want to be guided through the process, select no.

Click on the leftmost icon (a cube), browse to your downloaded firmware image, and select it.

Now, this is the step that made my eyebrows join, so it's important:

Turn the tablet completely off. The tablet should be off throughout the next process. And when I say off, I mean off, no lights showing nothing, tablet is not connected to the computer, off, no lights. Hold down the power button for ten or fifteen seconds if you're not sure, just make sure it is off. Charged up, but off.

Connect the USB cable to your tablet and hold down the volume+ button, keep the button pressed.

Connect the other end of the USB cable to your computer (keep that volume+ button pressed - I know, it hurts by now)

Using your third hand, straight after attaching the cable, and whilst still holding down the volume+ button, start pressing the tablet power button repeatedly (approx 1 press per second for 10 seconds is enough). This procedure puts the tablet into update mode, for the Ampe it took 5 or 6 presses.

After a few seconds a window will pop up on your PC asking if you want to perform a forced firmware update. You can stop the pain and release the volume+ at this point. Select yes. You will be asked if you're sure. Select yes.

The update will start and will take approx 3 minutes to complete. You will see a % complete progress bar during the process and will get a dialog saying OK when it's done. It is a non-linear progress bar, so even though it appears to be stuck at times, don't panic.

Turn your tablet on and you will have the new firmware, be happy/sad based on the fact that it is better/worse than your previous firmware.

Hope that helps, thanks for the numerous sources on Slatedroid and the Web for the English translation.

Very good guide - I'm totally new to this (posted elsewhere regarding firmware) and I'll probably try going through it.

Can anybody explain what the origin of the LiveSuit(e) program is?