Photo

[ROM - 5.3] ALPHA DIRTY-BEAN 4.1.X - Team DRH (Update 08/23/12)

• Please log in to reply
1744 replies to this topic

Poll: [ROM - 5.3] ALPHA DIRTY-BEAN 4.1.X - Team DRH (Update 08/23/12) (234 member(s) have cast votes)

Were you able to get the rom installed without looping at "the birds?"

1. YES (211 votes [90.17%])

Percentage of vote: 90.17%

2. NO (23 votes [9.83%])

Percentage of vote: 9.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1641 Leshani

Leshani

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Paypal me whatever you think its worth and PM me your address I'll mail it out to you then. You can find the paypal link in my sig.

info and donation sent
Thanks

#1642 richardtribes

richardtribes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Anxiety!!!!!!!

#1643 MechAniX.one

MechAniX.one

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

Anxiety!!!!!!!

+1

I feel like a crack head waiting for his crack dealer... :blink:

#1644 lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

+1

I feel like a crack head waiting for his crack dealer... :blink:

And, how would you know what that feels like? :p
  • fosser2 likes this

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 32gb unlocked, rooted, CROMI-X 5.3a
Viewsonic G-tab (BL1.2 ROM) SmoOth Bean 1.5.2
Acer Iconia a100 Rooted and Unlocked bootloader. Just in case I want to install a custom Rom:D
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced
Nothing left in my right brain! Nothing right in my left brain!

#1645 dagwud

dagwud

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

So close... and yet, so far...

Oh well, the update'll fly when it's ready. And I'll gleefully rip my G-Tab out of the hands of my kids so I can "play" with it. :diablo:

#1646 grieverhart

grieverhart

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

lol i agree I feel like a crackhead I need my fix I need my fix!!! Can't wait for this new rom

Edited by grieverhart, 15 February 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#1647 fosser2

fosser2

Team DRH

• PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

For those who have my gps mode in their tablet or have a zpad you should expect gps working in the next rom :)
Like what I'm doing? Then buy me a beer or 5
It would help all the late nights slaving away ;)
Donate

#1648 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

lol i agree I feel like a crackhead I need my fix I need my fix!!! Can't wait for this new rom

just need the new recovery workin and we'll be all set. we are working hard on this. for testing we had to do a bunch of adb commands for reformatting etc. Trust me, you will want a new recovery to do this stuff.

New sys partition is now 400mb. Cache is on internal storage and not Nand. And, there is no longer a /data and a /internal_sd they are both one big partition now, which WILL be accessible via pc as well as the external microsd. This is the proper setup since ICS and newer, and we will no longer have to backport the gingerbread way of doing things. Performance holds up better now, doesnt bog down over time like it used to. But, with our RAM it can still be bogged down with too many apps etc.

we are gettin close......
Say it...Say it! "We're gonna need another Timmy!"

#1649 richardtribes

richardtribes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

just need the new recovery workin and we'll be all set. we are working hard on this. for testing we had to do a bunch of adb commands for reformatting etc. Trust me, you will want a new recovery to do this stuff.

New sys partition is now 400mb. Cache is on internal storage and not Nand. And, there is no longer a /data and a /internal_sd they are both one big partition now, which WILL be accessible via pc as well as the external microsd. This is the proper setup since ICS and newer, and we will no longer have to backport the gingerbread way of doing things. Performance holds up better now, doesnt bog down over time like it used to. But, with our RAM it can still be bogged down with too many apps etc.

Kuddos, great to hear such awesome news

#1650 grieverhart

grieverhart

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

News just keeps getting better and better guys! The community is behind you guys 100%

#1651 Doxeng

Doxeng

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

For those who have my gps mode in their tablet or have a zpad you should expect gps working in the next rom :)

Excellent, time to remove the dust and bring it back to life .... Thanks ......
  • fosser2 likes this

#1652 Norsemon

Norsemon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Lol we'll have a lot fixed and if you do a bit of digging you can probably find the "big surprise." Basically we're waiting on our recovery guy to make us a new recovery. The new rom requires an entire new partition layout and NVFLASH package (like the last one did). As soon as we get that finished we'll release. :)

i probly cud find it now if i wanna look hard enuff, but i'll wait so i can get the proper NVFlash....
just a wonder,
is this gonna werk on my Galaxy Note 2 too?
been flashing the heck out of it.... seems like Samsungs coming out with updates a couple times a week, each time a different part of the world but each time it's an upgrade....
so will this werk good on my Note?
wudn't be surprised if you came back with
"Hell Ya" you guys been werkin on it for a long time,,, 9 months now?
total rebuild from the way i take it...
don't think we should call it "Viewsonic Gtab" anymore
more like
"FosssserTab"

Edited by Norsemon, 16 February 2013 - 06:41 PM.

#1653 waccy

waccy

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHorseheads NY

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

How about "DRH Tab", many people put in alot of hard work including Fosser. Thank you very much to all of you for keeping the old girl alive. I cant wait to test it against my TF201 I bet it will give it a run for the moneyYEA DRH

Edited by waccy, 16 February 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#1654 flippity widget

flippity widget

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

i probly cud find it now if i wanna look hard enuff, but i'll wait so i can get the proper NVFlash....
just a wonder,
is this gonna werk on my Galaxy Note 2 too?
been flashing the heck out of it.... seems like Samsungs coming out with updates a couple times a week, each time a different part of the world but each time it's an upgrade....
so will this werk good on my Note?
wudn't be surprised if you came back with
"Hell Ya" you guys been werkin on it for a long time,,, 9 months now?
total rebuild from the way i take it...
don't think we should call it "Viewsonic Gtab" anymore
more like
"FosssserTab"

I'm not on the DRH Team but I think I can say with certainty that this ROM won't work on the Galaxy Note 2. Samsung is using different hardware than the gTablet. Also, many tweaks have been made to the DRH ROM to deal with the limitations imposed by the hardware and, I assume, some of those tweaks might not work given the differences between the two devices. I have a Note 1 myself. I'm glad to hear that the Note 2 is getting regular updates. The Note 1 is still waiting for the official JB release.

#1655 krd66

krd66

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

How about "DRH Tab", many people put in alot of hard work including Fosser. Thank you very much to all of you for keeping the old girl alive. I cant wait to test it against my TF201 I bet it will give it a run for the moneyYEA DRH

I've got a TF101 and a Gtab.. Its gonna be interesting as to which I keep using the most..

#1656 dubbaYous

dubbaYous

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

I've got a TF101 and a Gtab.. Its gonna be interesting as to which I keep using the most..

I don't know much about the tf101, but I much rather use the gtablet over my tf300t. My asus feels to light and fragile compare to the beefiness of the gtab. Also get tired of pauses caused by jellybean despite more memory and cpu power.
Captain Zapp Brannigan: In the game of chess you can never let your adversary see your pieces.

gtablet (on loan to a friend)
Asus tf300t stock Jellybean non-rooted
Acer A100 stock Ice Cream Sandwich rooted
Samsung Ativ smart pc 500t (Windows 8 tablet)

#1657 Ealia

Ealia

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Oh man suspense is killing me. Any word on that new recovery? :unsure:
Samsung Captivate: Gingerbread 2.3.3 Viewsonic G-Tablet: Froyo 2.2--> SoonTEAM DRH CM 10.1

#1658 ludohavil

ludohavil

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

You are still in Froyo? With the good romz available for the gTablet?
That's a crime =@ :nea:

#1659 dagwud

dagwud

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

You are still in Froyo? With the good romz available for the gTablet?
That's a crime =@ :nea:

Well, I went back to Froyo to get the camera and mike working, but it still stank for Skype. Since the kids were using it to play around on, I didn't feel compelled to change the ROM. I'm just sayin', there are "non-criminal" reasons. :D

Of course, since Fosser's revelation of how close we are to a new ROM on the new Kernel... I"m back here every day looking for the upcoming update... dork that I am.

#1660 fosser2

fosser2

Team DRH

• PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

Nothing yet, our recovery guy was in the middle of a move and that's whats really delaying everything...
Like what I'm doing? Then buy me a beer or 5
It would help all the late nights slaving away ;)
Donate