Photo

[ROM - 5.3] ALPHA DIRTY-BEAN 4.1.X - Team DRH (Update 08/23/12)

• Please log in to reply
1744 replies to this topic

Poll: [ROM - 5.3] ALPHA DIRTY-BEAN 4.1.X - Team DRH (Update 08/23/12) (234 member(s) have cast votes)

Were you able to get the rom installed without looping at "the birds?"

1. YES (211 votes [90.17%])

Percentage of vote: 90.17%

2. NO (23 votes [9.83%])

Percentage of vote: 9.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1601 waltzdriod

waltzdriod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

I will go over this once we are done. Ive got some stuff for doing an aokp or aospa build as well. we are currently simplifiying our trees to make this particular effort a smoother and better process. Right now, we are benchmarking higher than ALL dual core devices, but there are still minor things that need tweaking, such as a deficient market app compatibility, some keyboard and secure website sign in issues, and some rom features that dont work properly. You will be glad you still own a g tablet. :good:

its great and proud of all the efforts you guys are pouring into this tab. The anticipation is draining productivity life out of my brain . pray all gets smoothed out soon enough so we can enjoyed the baked goods. And its being a great journey so far :clapping: :clapping:

#1602 Dvalin21

Dvalin21

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Fosser,

What is ur next project or are working on something else already? (When unasked this I mean something other than g tablet)

#1603 fosser2

fosser2

Team DRH

• PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Fosser,

What is ur next project or are working on something else already? (When unasked this I mean something other than g tablet)

I'm attempting to find a job right now, and really just messing w/ the gtab with all of my extra time right now. I don't have any future projects / plans.
Like what I'm doing? Then buy me a beer or 5
It would help all the late nights slaving away ;)
Donate

#1604 lanegd01

lanegd01

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

I'm attempting to find a job right now, and really just messing w/ the gtab with all of my extra time right now. I don't have any future projects / plans.

Anyone on here have job for FOSSER?? Bit of crowdsourcing. Electrical engineer isn't it? I am in Oz so can't help.

BTW how is the GPS. just being greedy as I have Zpad.

#1605 fosser2

fosser2

Team DRH

• PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Anyone on here have job for FOSSER?? Bit of crowdsourcing. Electrical engineer isn't it? I am in Oz so can't help.

The gps is on my to-do list. Is super close to done but something from rom side is not triggering it when we click "maps" or something that uses gps. I have to find someone that knows how to fix it.
Donate

#1606 djrakun

djrakun

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

First, as a recent gtab seller let me say 'dammt'. Then, for fosser I say
https://angel.co/ouya/jobs
sent from an internet capable device of some sort

#1607 fosser2

fosser2

Team DRH

• PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

First, as a recent gtab seller let me say 'dammt'. Then, for fosser I say
https://angel.co/ouya/jobs
sent from an internet capable device of some sort

If only I could actually write code... Find me a job in the field of mechanical design/engineering. ;)
Donate

#1608 nobe1976

nobe1976

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

I will go over this once we are done. Ive got some stuff for doing an aokp or aospa build as well. we are currently simplifiying our trees to make this particular effort a smoother and better process. Right now, we are benchmarking higher than ALL dual core devices, but there are still minor things that need tweaking, such as a deficient market app compatibility, some keyboard and secure website sign in issues, and some rom features that dont work properly. You will be glad you still own a g tablet. :good:

This would be awesome. Just got me a Duel core 64 bit Laptop that I need to test the j32 out of. Once I get it duel booting correctly I will be all over github.

Posted Image

#1609 lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

If only I could actually write code... Find me a job in the field of mechanical design/engineering. ;)

Until I read this, I was going to suggest checking with Viewsonic. ;)
  • waltzdriod likes this

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 32gb unlocked, rooted, CROMI-X 5.3a
Viewsonic G-tab (BL1.2 ROM) SmoOth Bean 1.5.2
Acer Iconia a100 Rooted and Unlocked bootloader. Just in case I want to install a custom Rom:D
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced
Nothing left in my right brain! Nothing right in my left brain!

#1610 lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Until I read this, I was going to suggest checking with Viewsonic. ;) Of course on second thought you might just fit in, they can not write code either. :D

Edited by lartomar2002, 08 February 2013 - 11:22 PM.

• fosser2 and nobe1976 like this

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 32gb unlocked, rooted, CROMI-X 5.3a
Viewsonic G-tab (BL1.2 ROM) SmoOth Bean 1.5.2
Acer Iconia a100 Rooted and Unlocked bootloader. Just in case I want to install a custom Rom:D
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced
Nothing left in my right brain! Nothing right in my left brain!

#1611 flippity widget

flippity widget

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

Thank you Fosser and Redeyedjedi. I don't have a problem with storage space though it amazes me that one needs that much space to compile an OS as small as Android. I haven't written any serious code in ages (Unless you consider scripting in eScript writing code.) and even then it wasn't in Java so I might be in for a long haul. The biggest initial challenge for me will be setting-up a Linux box but I have a spare older machine that I can use. At any rate I'll save any questions until you post your information.

I wish I was in a position to provide employment for you Fosser. I hope something comes through for you soon. Uhm... but I also hope that it doesn't consume all your spare time. I really do want to see the ROM finished. Your descriptions of the improvements and speed increases have got me dancing with anticipation.

Thanks again.

#1612 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Thank you Fosser and Redeyedjedi. I don't have a problem with storage space though it amazes me that one needs that much space to compile an OS as small as Android. I haven't written any serious code in ages (Unless you consider scripting in eScript writing code.) and even then it wasn't in Java so I might be in for a long haul. The biggest initial challenge for me will be setting-up a Linux box but I have a spare older machine that I can use. At any rate I'll save any questions until you post your information.

I wish I was in a position to provide employment for you Fosser. I hope something comes through for you soon. Uhm... but I also hope that it doesn't consume all your spare time. I really do want to see the ROM finished. Your descriptions of the improvements and speed increases have got me dancing with anticipation.

Thanks again.

if you have 64 bit and enoough space... you can build. we will have git setup so that once you intiialize a build environemnt, add a couple of compression tools for the kernel, then you will be able to build our rom as is, no java needed, just a couple of commands that i will give you. then, once you build it and it works, then you can go roam and play with the code and all that good stuff.

to let you all know..... we have fixed sleep, we have a fix for bad KB, we have fixed all the features which were not working. Seriously... all we need is a good gapps setup and a new recovery, which is not as bad as it sounds..... I honestly think we are just a few days away before we have something that is safe for EVERYONE, tho it may still be alpha until it is perfect. The changelog for this thing is EPIC, HUGE.

OC to 1.6, maybe 1.7, three new I/O schedulers, perfect mic, camera for many, automatic NTFS read, Antutu over 8000, just to name only a few....... hang in there, if we release to soon, there will be heartache for some. We are pushin along tho, big time.

We will be sued by orville redenbaucher for stealing all the butter!!
  • Steve Y and waltzdriod like this
Say it...Say it! "We're gonna need another Timmy!"

#1613 RoadToad

RoadToad

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

if you have 64 bit and enoough space... you can build. we will have git setup so that once you intiialize a build environemnt, add a couple of compression tools for the kernel, then you will be able to build our rom as is, no java needed, just a couple of commands that i will give you. then, once you build it and it works, then you can go roam and play with the code and all that good stuff.

to let you all know..... we have fixed sleep, we have a fix for bad KB, we have fixed all the features which were not working. Seriously... all we need is a good gapps setup and a new recovery, which is not as bad as it sounds..... I honestly think we are just a few days away before we have something that is safe for EVERYONE, tho it may still be alpha until it is perfect. The changelog for this thing is EPIC, HUGE.

OC to 1.6, maybe 1.7, three new I/O schedulers, perfect mic, camera for many, automatic NTFS read, Antutu over 8000, just to name only a few....... hang in there, if we release to soon, there will be heartache for some. We are pushin along tho, big time.

Awesome.....
Careful on the OC, errors from extremism will muddy the feedback waters.
BT..DT ;)

#1614 nobe1976

nobe1976

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

That sounds great. Quick question is who is working on the recovery. I have finally got this thing dual booting, man new technology is a pain, but got it done. 64bit Ubuntu 12.04 sitting on a 250 gig partition with a nice 20 gig swap, 6 gigs of RAM and a 3rd generation Duel Core Intel 2.6 processor. I tell you what this thing is nothing but butter right now. I do believe I just j32 the heck out of it. Keep me posted I will be setting up my build environment here in just a little bit.

Edited by nobe1976, 09 February 2013 - 08:11 PM.

Posted Image

#1615 fosser2

fosser2

Team DRH

• PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

That sounds great. Quick question is who is working on the recovery. I have finally got this thing dual booting, man new technology is a pain, but got it done. 64bit Ubuntu 12.04 sitting on a 250 gig partition with a nice 20 gig swap, 6 gigs of RAM and a 3rd generation Duel Core Intel 2.6 processor. I tell you what this thing is nothing but butter right now. I do believe I just j32 the heck out of it. Keep me posted I will be setting up my build environment here in just a little bit.

I bet it takes over an hour to build on that setup...
Donate

#1616 nobe1976

nobe1976

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

I bet it takes over an hour to build on that setup...

I will find out by this weekend. Going to do some test builds to see how good it works.

Posted Image

#1617 waltzdriod

waltzdriod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

with all the great work heading into this Tab i might just be donation some of the money am saving up for a new tab and the rest on beer for myself if this new build give me at least 60% perfection when compared with other new generation tabs out there . Keep the good work up devs . its highly appreciated and your Update for me is the most anticipated tech am waiting for 2013 #justsaying . guess i dont have to wait quite longer to feel the goodies

#1618 Norsemon

Norsemon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

The gps is on my to-do list. Is super close to done but something from rom side is not triggering it when we click "maps" or something that uses gps. I have to find someone that knows how to fix it.

I'll just throw this out, may have nothing to do with your problem but then it may.

On my Galaxy Note 2 the maps and navigation will not work properly until I "allow Google to use my location data for improved search results and other data"
in ABOUT/Location Services. <--- that's a given we all know we have to do that

However there is a sencond trigger for it all to work, it's in "About/Accounts/Google"
sometime when reflashing the note I don't always setup my google account on initial setup, thereby i don't have anything in "About/Accounts" and i've found the GPS doesn't work right or basically sits there forever saying "waiting for location" and never finds it until I enter my google account..
It stumped me for awhile and I would reflash and reflash and try changing modems until i got it working right and then one day i figured out it was the google account that was holding it up, now GPS works all the time, everytime.

Edited by Norsemon, 10 February 2013 - 07:49 AM.

#1619 flippity widget

flippity widget

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

I'll just throw this out, may have nothing to do with your problem but then it may.

On my Galaxy Note 2 the maps and navigation will not work properly until I "allow Google to use my location data for improved search results and other data"
in ABOUT/Location Services. <--- that's a given we all know we have to do that

However there is a sencond trigger for it all to work, it's in "About/Accounts/Google"
sometime when reflashing the note I don't always setup my google account on initial setup, thereby i don't have anything in "About/Accounts" and i've found the GPS doesn't work right or basically sits there forever saying "waiting for location" and never finds it until I enter my google account..
It stumped me for awhile and I would reflash and reflash and try changing modems until i got it working right and then one day i figured out it was the google account that was holding it up, now GPS works all the time, everytime.

I may be speaking out of my arse here but I think that has to do with where the GPS driver grabs its data. Back when I had a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate there were some GPS tweaks we had to do, because the first versions of that phone had something amiss with the GPS, and one of those tweaks involved changing a link that told the GPS where to get its data. I assume the data it gets has to do with converting the GPS satellite coordinates to longitude and latitude. So most likely there's no link for the GPS driver to get that data until you initialize it by setting-up your account. My reasoning has to do with the fact that one of the links had "google" in the url. I can't remember if it was the link that fixed the problem or what. I just remember "google" being part of the link.

Edited by flippity widget, 10 February 2013 - 08:14 AM.

#1620 jedibbq

jedibbq

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Locationlittle mexico a.k.a. TEXAS

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

[/quote]
orville redenbaucher can go to hell! :pardon: