TeamDRH (Dirty Reset Hole) presents the first public alpha for Android 4.1.X (Jelly Bean).
Attention commuters of the intertubes! The group of individuals known as Team DRH take absolutely NO RESPONSIBILITY for any DAMAGE that YOU cause to YOUR device! This "labor of love" we call and Android ROM comes AS IS and is not an official release by any means. If you have not already SOILED your device by flashing a custom ROM then to do so will VOID any WARRANTY you may have left. Team DRH and its affiliates are not responsible if your G-Tablet does any of the following: Explodes, Flies off to space to battle the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Is generally awesome, solves world hunger or explodes... again. (OK We take responsibility for you Tablet becoming Awesomesauce.) So in essence... Flash this totally rad ROM at your own RISK and prepare to Spontaneously Combust with AWESOMENESS!
HOW TO INSTALL
- Download the following file <--- Seriously don't skip this step unless you are 100% positive that you have a 350M system partition (md5: 256a4bf1da503f4a1ec1f998a00a05f2)
- Boot tablet into APX mode by holding volume down and power for about 6 seconds
- Plug tablet into computer
- NVFLASH the above following the instructions that are included for Windows/Linux users
- Turn tablet back on (it will boot into recovery)
- Partition Internal SD Card (2048M/0)
- Enable USB connection and copy DRH ROM onto internal/external sdcard
- Flash ROM that was copied over
The ROM's system folder was very close to the max size our system partition could handle on the G-Tablet and with any bad blocks, it was more than the G-Tablet could handle and installing GApps made it even worse. In this release the system size has increased from 200MB (stock gtab) to 350MB. Since Jellybean is so large in size this is needed. The cache directory has been syslinked to the internal sdcard as to save space on the NAND. This is the same setup that ICS 1.3.2 had.
- Hardware Acceleration
- USB/MTP (If you plug in USB while your tablet is asleep you will have a SOD)
- Capacitive Buttons
- Hardware Buttons
- USB Flash Drives
- Proper SD Card Mounts
- HD Videos
- More to come...
WHAT'S NOT WORKING
- Microphone (Works but drops after 6-8secs)
- Possible ROM Slowdowns
- HDMI Audio
This build of JB will be starting at Alpha 5.0. Reason being in the ICS ROM version's 1.x interfered with bootloader version and Android version. We are trying to get away from that mess so we just decided to jump to 5.0. 5.0 is basically the equivalent to 1.0.
This build has been tested and running on some "unbootable" tablets. This is not a guarantee this ROM will work on your tablet. Also this ROM is still going through the testing phase so there is most likely to be bugs. Finally, I have mentioned quite a bit about the 3.1 kernel. Right now this ROM is still running on the .39 kernel. This will change in the near future. We are still ironing out kinks in the 3.1 kernel and it is not ready for public consumption yet.
If you like this project and appreciate the extreme amount of time that the devs put into this please donate:
Donate to TeamDRH: LINK
This ROM would not happen without all the brilliant minds behind the CM10 project.
Edited by fosser2, 21 February 2013 - 12:39 AM.