• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#1 zth

zth

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:45 AM

Hello!

I need help from developers or those familiar with the file structures of the android system.

Let me explain, I have a Chinese touch pad. I tried to install several custom rom (CM9, AOKP, etc ...) as well as Roma manufacturer of tablet very similar to mine (A90 Ampe, Sanei N90, etc ...).
The flash firmware or install via Recovery is done very well. The android starts very well. However, the only problem I have is that my touchscreen is not responding.
Indeed, I have to connect a mouse to use my tablet.

So here the object of my request. I love and I think it is possible created a sort of patch to apply via the recovery or via command ADB with the "drivers" of my touchscreen from my original rom.

For info, I already decompiled the image of my ROM so I have access to the entire file structure. But I do not know enough to identify which files that match the drivers of the screen.

Ya-til someone help me on the files or the place where he could find?

Thank you for your help.

For help, please find attached a complete list of the file structure of the ROM manufacturer.
Attached File  liste fichier rom.html   115.2KB   335 downloads
Attached File  list dir rom.txt   97.58KB   282 downloads
Tablette : YINLIPS M907
Tèl : Galaxy S i9000

#2 ram sayeg

ram sayeg

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

Did you manage to fix it eventually? Asking since I have the same problem, I can't get my touchscreen to work again.

#3 curso

curso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

/vendor/modules shows that you have at least two drivers, maybe three:

ft5x_ts.ko 202 784 -a---

goodix_touch.ko 146 262 -a---

gt801_2plus1.ko 191 497 -a---
gt82x.ko 147 531 -a---

What follows is a quick tutorial i've written today for people dealing with touchscreen problems, you can grab some idea from here to build a livesuite flashable image. Specifically for your situation, see on your script.bin if the 4 files above are present or not.

Touchscreen inverted x-axis y-axis or both... the solution (for goodix_touch_811 )

It may happens that:
- your A10-based tablet crashes before any possible backup;
- you ask the vendor for a firmware and the reply is "firmware... what?"
- you dig the internet looking for a suitable firmware
- you found out that on most of them the touchscreen:
a ) doesn't work at all
b ) works, but the x-axis or y-axis are inverted
c ) works, but the screen is shifted to the left
d ) works completely.

If you fit into the d) category... lucky one!
However, if you fit into the a b or c, read on. We're going to correct the touchscreen configuration.
You need:
a working Windows pc;
LiveSuite 1.09
Some other tools described in the text
USB mouse, for tablet navigation
a Livesuite image type b

The most problematic (at least for now) touchscreen controller seems to be the goodix_touch_811. These steps had been done on a 811_very_problematic tablet.

Step n.1: rootexplorer.apk
Download & install. Let's have a look at the MODULE folder (can be in /SYSTEM, /SYS, /VENDOR...) what kind of
touchscreen we do have.
There may be usually a goodix_801, a goodix_touch.ko, goodix_touch_811.ko or a ft5x_ts.ko modules.
Take note of what's present. We will need it later.

Step n.2: go to

http://www.slatedroi...post__p__310449

and get the ImageSuite.Zip.
Extrack the zip into a folder, copy inside the folder the IMG firmware file you need to modify (in this example MYTAB.IMG) open a command prompt and run EXTRACT_IMG MYTAB.IMG

Let it work for some minute and get a coffee.

When the program is over, you will have a new folder called IMAGE.IMG.DUMP which is the firmware dissected in its parts.

Step n.3: editing files

Download a HEX editor such as Notepad++ - don't use the Windows Notepad!!!!!!!! - and do the first mod:

open the file COMMON _SYS_CONFIG100000 in the Hex editor and look for the section

[ctp_para]

here are the setting for the toucscreen x y axis. What it does looks like? An example.

[ctp_para]
;---------------------- Goodix -----------------------
ctp_used =1
ctp_name = "Goodix-TS"
ctp_twi_id = 2
ctp_twi_addr =0x5D
ctp_screen_max_x = 800
ctp_screen_max_y = 480
ctp_revert_x_flag = 1
ctp_revert_y_flag = 0
ctp_exchange_x_y_flag = 0

On this specific rom, the X-axis flag is inverted. Guess what, when i load this rom on my tablet the x-axis *is really inverted*!. Let's take it back how it should:

[ctp_para]
ctp_used =1
ctp_name = "Goodix-TS"
ctp_twi_id = 2
ctp_twi_addr =0x5D
ctp_screen_max_x = 800
ctp_screen_max_y = 480
ctp_revert_x_flag = 0
ctp_revert_y_flag = 0

Of course, depending of your specific problem, you may need to invert x, or y, or both. Check out all sections of the [ctp_para], since there may be more than one touchscreen defined, for exampl e agoodix and a ft5x. Do whatwever suits you, and remember - this is NOT the only place where we do need to do this mod.
Save and close the file.

Step 4: modifying the bootloader image

Download and install MagicIso and UnScript
http://www.magiciso.com
http://tabletrepubli...0.html#post6396

With MagicIso open the file RFSFAT16_BOOTLOADER_00000 ; now you can see what's inside.
Place the bottom windows of MagicIso on the Unscript folder and drag there the SCRIPT.BIN and SCRIPT0.BIN files.
Don't close MagicIso.
Open a command prompt and run UNSCRIPT SCRIPT.BIN it will decode the script.bin file into a sys_config1.fex
Open the sys_config1.fex file with the Hex editor... similar to the file we've modified before? Yes.
Let's do the same mod we did it in step3.
Now we encode the modded file with the command SCRIPT SYS_CONFIG1.FEX
This creates a sys_config1.bin; let's rename the old script.bin into old_script.bin and rename the sys_config1.bin into script.bin.
Now repeat all steps with the script0.bin (decode, modify, encode, rename).

Now you do have the newly modded script.bin and script0.bin; on MagicIso, select the two files and drag them into the upper window, which is the disk image we have opened before; MagicIo will ask for confirmation in order to replace the files, say yes twice.
Now save the ISO image and close MagicIso.

Step 5: creation of a Livesuite image file

*SUGGESTION: edit the repack_ics.bat and remove,or comment, the last line
if exist image.img.dump rd /q /s image.img.dump
because if something on the step goes wrong... well, you can imagine it.*

From the command prompt of step 2 run REPACK_ICS.BAT IMAGE.IMG.DUMP and let it work; time for a beer.
At the end of the process (and the beer!) you will have a new file IMAGE.IMG ready to flash with Livesuite.

Edited by curso, 05 September 2012 - 05:49 PM.

• ankurgupta76, francysnws and jelreyn like this

#4 tuxxguy

tuxxguy

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

Thanks to curso !!!

Here how to fix INVERTED CAMERA without reflashing the firmware.

1. Mount boot partition
adb shell
mkdir /sdcard/nanda
mount -t vfat /dev/block/nanda /sdcard/nanda

2. Pull script.bin and script0.bin from /sdcard/nanda/
adb pull /sdcard/nanda/script.bin
adb pull /sdcard/nanda/script0.bin

3. Decode, edit and Encode the script.bin and script0.bin as detailed by "Yinlips M907" above.

Parameters to be edited :

csi_vflip: flip in vertical direction 0:disable 1:enable
csi_hflip: flip in horizontal direction 0:disable 1:enable

Maybe you need,

csi_vflip = 0
csi_hflip = 1

OR

csi_vflip = 0
csi_hflip = 0

edit accordingly. Refer http://www.henriknor...e v0.4 (EN).pdf for more parameters.

4. Upload and reboot.
adb push script0.bin /sdcard/nanda/
adb push script.bin /sdcard/nanda/

adb reboot

DONE!!!

Thank You!!

Edited by tuxxguy, 10 September 2012 - 03:02 AM.

#5 curso

curso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

Thanks Tuxxguy! Great to have the right parameters for fixing this things too.
Of course it is possible to do the same editing process in the same three files as described above for the touchscreen, fixing once and for all the inverted camera problem AND the touchscreen problems, so at the end you have a flashable firmware that works 100% correctly.

#6 Plusi

Plusi

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

I must have a cursed tablet, then.

I have a Woxter Tablet PC 65 CXi, internally an iNet-97f rev02 with a Goodix GT801 touchscreen.
On the stock rom, I have the following files:
goodix_touch.ko
goodix_touch_3f.ko
gt801_2plus1.ko
ft5x_ts.ko
ft5x02_ts.ko

I have followed curso's instructions and created a LiveSuit file, modified off http://www.slatedroi...11a-for-novo-7/ (ECR), LiveSuit version.
I grabbed the stock firmware for this tablet, searched in [ctp_para], and replaced the settings in ECR from the ones in the stock firmware. (I also changed some display settings: this is a 800x480 tablet after all.)

The tablet boots (it doesn't with the unchanged img), but the touchscreen continues to not work. I'm not sure how to continue...

#7 curso

curso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Plusi,
have you tried the Zixoon firmware at http://zixoon.com/ ? There is one specific for the 801 controller, and it's not loaded with bloatware. Worth a test.

Tuxxguy,
are you aware where and what are the settings about the screen brightness?
In the quest of finding a decent rom for my tablet, i've seen that some roms use the stock ICS control widget as:
1) little bright
2) medium bright
3) full bright
where instead the Zixoon rom does
1) black screen
2) medium bright
3) full bright

Having a "black screen" option is very dangerous, if by mistake you press twice and don't remember where is located the specific button is, it can be a nightmare.
Since it is a software settings, it should be somewhere.

#8 Plusi

Plusi

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

Plusi,
have you tried the Zixoon firmware at http://zixoon.com/ ? There is one specific for the 801 controller, and it's not loaded with bloatware. Worth a test.

Tried the one labelled "ctp801". Unfortunately it's like all other ROMs: it boots, but the touchscreen refuses to work. Thanks for the quick answer though. Do you have any other leads?

#9 curso

curso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

Tried the one labelled "ctp801". Unfortunately it's like all other ROMs: it boots, but the touchscreen refuses to work. Thanks for the quick answer though. Do you have any other leads?

If i understand correctly the specific rom from your manufacturer

http://www.woxter.co...s/downloads/867

has the touchscreen not working? Are you sure it is only the touchscreen not behaving correctly - maybe is inverting x or y or both?
After the livesuite flash, boot it and when it arrive at the main screen let it work for a couple of minutes, it may need to continue installing the preloaded apps in background - then tap the four corners of the screen and see if it does any effect. It may be just out of place, and in this case it's a easy fix.

Here's some rom images you can try, hope you can find some that suits your touchscreen.

http://www.ele-china...ablet/7inchA10/
http://4pda.ru/forum...pic=348024&st=0 (last post)

#10 Plusi

Plusi

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

If i understand correctly the specific rom from your manufacturer

http://www.woxter.co...s/downloads/867

has the touchscreen not working? Are you sure it is only the touchscreen not behaving correctly - maybe is inverting x or y or both?
After the livesuite flash, boot it and when it arrive at the main screen let it work for a couple of minutes, it may need to continue installing the preloaded apps in background - then tap the four corners of the screen and see if it does any effect. It may be just out of place, and in this case it's a easy fix.

Here's some rom images you can try, hope you can find some that suits your touchscreen.

http://www.ele-china...ablet/7inchA10/
http://4pda.ru/forum...pic=348024&st=0 (last post)

No no, the stock ROM works fine. It's just it's a bit crippled when it comes to functionality. (It doesn't support gamepads and it's that funcionality what I want the most.)

Besides, I have opened the device and it's not a Goodix GT801 controller, it is instead a Solomon Systech SSD2532QN6. The modules are (in addition to the others I said):
ssd253x-ts.ko
ssd253x-ts_1F.ko
ssd253x-ts_3F.ko
ssd253x-ts_86F.ko

As I understand it, doing a dmesg in terminal shows a response for the Goodix GT801 probe, and if you lsmod it shows several touchscreen controllers loaded up (the goodix ones, the ssd ones and also ft5x ones). I'm assuming the stock ROM was made with compatibility in mind?

When dissassembling the stock Woxter ROM, in the [ctp_para] section it showed four touchscreen uh, controllers? Or something like that, where other ROMs only had one controller.

Also, yes, when testing new ROMs I touched the screen all over the place but it did nothing. Also, in the stock ROM, the revert and exchange flags are all set to 0 in [ctp_para].

Last but not least, do you know of any ROMs that use the SSD2532 controller? If not, could you make a tutorial in how to extract the required modules/config from the stock ROM and insert it to a (preferably CWM-flashable ZIP) custom ROM?

Thank you so much.

Edited by Plusi, 12 September 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#11 curso

curso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

This ssd2532 is a brandnew controller for me, no idea on another rom.
However, it may be possible to extract the files and insert them into another rom - but you need to be at least at the same kernel.
So, for example, if you have a 3.08 kernel on your original rom it's likely the drivers could work on another 3.08 based rom. If you're on 3.36 kernel need to find a 3.36 rom.

Assuming that:
you have a 3.08 original rom
you have a 3.08 rom with the game pad support

i will try to extract the files you mentioned above from the original rom with a adb pull (see above) or with rootexplorer, then extract the ssd2532 settings on the ctp_para from the original script.bin (adb pull way), paste them into the script.bin of the other rom and copy the files extracted above on the appropriate module folder - and reboot.
If all this make the thing works, then i will try to build a modded liveimage with the right drivers and parameters.

BTW, the Zixoon rom i've used (811_v1) shows a android 4.04 kernel 3.08+ . Think the other two images could be the same revision, with the different touch controllers.

#12 Plusi

Plusi

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

Yes, the stock ROM shows 3.0.8+ as the kernel version. I'm interested in AOKP, particularly.

Could you do a compatibility ZIP for AOKP or CM9/10, though? This tablet supports CWM and it's easier to install via that than from LiveSuit. Plus, there aren't many custom ROMs offering LiveSuit versions. If not, it's okay.

#13 curso

curso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:48 AM

I'm a newbie like you and have no idea on how to build a compatibility pack for CM9/10.
The man that can do this is Christian Troy.
If you try the "manual install process" as described above you can give CT the right information in order to build a compatibility pack.

#14 Shox

Shox

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

I get an error
Subkey Error: subkey type is gpio but group is invalid on line 226 colume 19

#15 curso

curso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:39 AM

I get an error

Some typographic mistake? Could you attach the .fex file here?

#16 Shox

Shox

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

Some typographic mistake? Could you attach the .fex file here?

Attached Files

#17 marvinabr

marvinabr

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hi man, you can help me? I have problem in Coby 1042-8 with inverted touch screen and i try your tutorial.

in step 4, i downloaded version 5.5 for Magic Iso Maker, but i don't know how i see inside the file "RFSFAT16_BOOT_00000000000".

Every option in magic iso maker get a new error message like "Can't find the file or file ins't Cd image File"

what option i need to chose for open file "RFSFAT16_BOOT_00000000000" in magic iso maker?

thank you.

/vendor/modules shows that you have at least two drivers, maybe three:

ft5x_ts.ko 202 784 -a---

goodix_touch.ko 146 262 -a---

gt801_2plus1.ko 191 497 -a---
gt82x.ko 147 531 -a---

What follows is a quick tutorial i've written today for people dealing with touchscreen problems, you can grab some idea from here to build a livesuite flashable image. Specifically for your situation, see on your script.bin if the 4 files above are present or not.

Touchscreen inverted x-axis y-axis or both... the solution (for goodix_touch_811 )

It may happens that:
- your A10-based tablet crashes before any possible backup;
- you ask the vendor for a firmware and the reply is "firmware... what?"
- you dig the internet looking for a suitable firmware
- you found out that on most of them the touchscreen:
a ) doesn't work at all
b ) works, but the x-axis or y-axis are inverted
c ) works, but the screen is shifted to the left
d ) works completely.

If you fit into the d) category... lucky one!
However, if you fit into the a b or c, read on. We're going to correct the touchscreen configuration.
You need:
a working Windows pc;
LiveSuite 1.09
Some other tools described in the text
USB mouse, for tablet navigation
a Livesuite image type b

The most problematic (at least for now) touchscreen controller seems to be the goodix_touch_811. These steps had been done on a 811_very_problematic tablet.

Step n.1: rootexplorer.apk
Download & install. Let's have a look at the MODULE folder (can be in /SYSTEM, /SYS, /VENDOR...) what kind of
touchscreen we do have.
There may be usually a goodix_801, a goodix_touch.ko, goodix_touch_811.ko or a ft5x_ts.ko modules.
Take note of what's present. We will need it later.

Step n.2: go to

http://www.slatedroi...post__p__310449

and get the ImageSuite.Zip.
Extrack the zip into a folder, copy inside the folder the IMG firmware file you need to modify (in this example MYTAB.IMG) open a command prompt and run EXTRACT_IMG MYTAB.IMG

Let it work for some minute and get a coffee.

When the program is over, you will have a new folder called IMAGE.IMG.DUMP which is the firmware dissected in its parts.

Step n.3: editing files

Download a HEX editor such as Notepad++ - don't use the Windows Notepad!!!!!!!! - and do the first mod:

open the file COMMON _SYS_CONFIG100000 in the Hex editor and look for the section

[ctp_para]

here are the setting for the toucscreen x y axis. What it does looks like? An example.

[ctp_para]
ctp_used =1
ctp_name = "Goodix-TS"
ctp_twi_id = 2
ctp_twi_addr =0x5D
ctp_screen_max_x = 800
ctp_screen_max_y = 480
ctp_revert_x_flag = 1
ctp_revert_y_flag = 0

On this specific rom, the X-axis flag is inverted. Guess what, when i load this rom on my tablet the x-axis *is really inverted*!. Let's take it back how it should:

[ctp_para]
ctp_used =1
ctp_name = "Goodix-TS"
ctp_twi_id = 2
ctp_twi_addr =0x5D
ctp_screen_max_x = 800
ctp_screen_max_y = 480
ctp_revert_x_flag = 0
ctp_revert_y_flag = 0

Of course, depending of your specific problem, you may need to invert x, or y, or both. Check out all sections of the [ctp_para], since there may be more than one touchscreen defined, for exampl e agoodix and a ft5x. Do whatwever suits you, and remember - this is NOT the only place where we do need to do this mod.
Save and close the file.

Step 4: modifying the bootloader image

Download and install MagicIso and UnScript
http://www.magiciso.com
http://tabletrepubli...0.html#post6396

With MagicIso open the file RFSFAT16_BOOTLOADER_00000 ; now you can see what's inside.
Place the bottom windows of MagicIso on the Unscript folder and drag there the SCRIPT.BIN and SCRIPT0.BIN files.
Don't close MagicIso.
Open a command prompt and run UNSCRIPT SCRIPT.BIN it will decode the script.bin file into a sys_config1.fex
Open the sys_config1.fex file with the Hex editor... similar to the file we've modified before? Yes.
Let's do the same mod we did it in step3.
This creates a sys_config1.bin; let's rename the old script.bin into old_script.bin and rename the sys_config1.bin into script.bin.
Now repeat all steps with the script0.bin (decode, modify, encode, rename).

Now you do have the newly modded script.bin and script0.bin; on MagicIso, select the two files and drag them into the upper window, which is the disk image we have opened before; MagicIo will ask for confirmation in order to replace the files, say yes twice.
Now save the ISO image and close MagicIso.

Step 5: creation of a Livesuite image file

*SUGGESTION: edit the repack_ics.bat and remove,or comment, the last line
if exist image.img.dump rd /q /s image.img.dump
because if something on the step goes wrong... well, you can imagine it.*

From the command prompt of step 2 run REPACK_ICS.BAT IMAGE.IMG.DUMP and let it work; time for a beer.
At the end of the process (and the beer!) you will have a new file IMAGE.IMG ready to flash with Livesuite.

#18 curso

curso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

Hi man, you can help me? I have problem in Coby 1042-8 with inverted touch screen and i try your tutorial.

in step 4, i downloaded version 5.5 for Magic Iso Maker, but i don't know how i see inside the file "RFSFAT16_BOOT_00000000000".

Every option in magic iso maker get a new error message like "Can't find the file or file ins't Cd image File"

what option i need to chose for open file "RFSFAT16_BOOT_00000000000" in magic iso maker?

thank you.

Read again: the file is RFSFAT16_BOOTLOADER_00000. You tried to open the wrong file.

#19 curso

curso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

I get an error

i see this that seems wrong on the lines 244-247:

lcd_bl_en_used = 1
lcd_bl_en = port:P?1<1><0><default><1>
lcd_power_used = 1
lcd_power = port:P?0<1><0><default><1>

the two question marks are odd. Better check out on the original FEX file what were these values.

#20 Rev24x7

Rev24x7

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

i see this that seems wrong on the lines 244-247:

lcd_bl_en_used = 1
lcd_bl_en = port:P?1<1><0><default><1>
lcd_power_used = 1
lcd_power = port:P?0<1><0><default><1>

the two question marks are odd. Better check out on the original FEX file what were these values.

I had this same issue and managed to find values for lcd_bl_en and lcd_power - P?1 and P?0 - inside COMMON_SYS_CONFIG100000. I changed P?1 to power1 and P?0 to power0 and the file converted fine. There was one more Subkey Error: further down in my case but I found that value also.

Curso and tuxxguy, thank you so much for your your earlier posts on how to edit the script.bin files. I've been trying to fix my inverted touchscreen after flashing an incompatible ROM for about 4 evenings now and am totally green in this area, but your posts are the most helpful and encouraging things I've read by far. Thanks again.

I have a Chinese Haipad BOXCHIP A13 Cortex a8 1.0G which, due to my inexperience with cheap Chinese tabs, I flashed it with Tragidy's Hyper ROM before doing a dump of the stock ROM. As yet there's no stock ROM available for my variant. I've haven't heard back after emailing Haipad or the vendor I bought it from in a local store. Which sucks, verily.

After painstakingly and repeatedly trying the steps in Curso's post, and changing all instances of "ctp_revert_x_flag" accordingly, it has no effect on the x-axis.

It seems I have 5 modules or drivers in [ctp_para] and if I change ctp_used to = 0 for the "ft5x_ts" or "zet622x-ts" my touchscreen input stops altogether. Disabling any or all of the other 3 drivers under [ctp_para], the touchscreen still works, albeit with reversed x-axis.

As a test I added the other ctp_ values below the ft5x_ts section:

ctp_twi_id = 1
ctp_name = "ft5x_ts"
ctp_twi_addr = 0x38
ctp_screen_max_x = 800
ctp_screen_max_y = 480
ctp_revert_x_flag = 1
ctp_revert_y_flag = 0

Still no joy.

The auto-rotate is also not working properly and I'm wondering if this is related.

I'm also thinking that if the X-axis is reversed, wouldn't rotating the video output 180 degrees overcome this? I don't even know if that's possible.

Thanks once again gents for your posts!