Happy with your Vi40?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 SRMacPherson

SRMacPherson

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

I've been looking at this forum and there are very few topics. Which leads me to believe that either the Vi40 isn't a very popular choice among SD members, OR that there are few issues and concerns with it.

Those individuals who own and/or use a Vi40, do you like it? Do you prefer a different tablet? If you could do it all over again, would you choose Onda?

And as a follow up, why don't you like it, or why do you enjoy it?

I'm still researching China Brand tablets, and being a poor soldier, I don't want to waste money on something I wouldn't be happy with.

#2 Kimmen00

Kimmen00

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hi. Yes, very few topics since this subforum for onda dual core was created today. Before it was with other onda-tablets.

For myself I'm extremly pleased with it abd would choose it again in a heartbeat.

Cheers

#3 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:05 AM

I've been looking at this forum and there are very few topics. Which leads me to believe that either the Vi40 isn't a very popular choice among SD members, OR that there are few issues and concerns with it.

Those individuals who own and/or use a Vi40, do you like it? Do you prefer a different tablet? If you could do it all over again, would you choose Onda?

And as a follow up, why don't you like it, or why do you enjoy it?

I'm still researching China Brand tablets, and being a poor soldier, I don't want to waste money on something I wouldn't be happy with.

i am also a poor soldier but i still got the vi40 elite and then upgraded to the vi40 dual core.best out there and i love it and no i would not do it any different.once you get to know your device you got to stick with it...
live by chance
love by choice

#4 inky202020

inky202020

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

Hi,just got it on Friday,I love it,so far so good!

#5 smeexx

smeexx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

good friends

I noted I'd received the v 2 of the dual core onda vi40

is that there is a hardware difference?

#6 charos87

charos87

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:27 AM

Well I got the vi30 dual core the only difference is the screen size, mines 8 inch. I love this tablet I had a zenithink zt-280 c91 before this but the onda is amazing in comparison and not just because its dual core. The build quailty is better and the firmware is complete with no missing features and I've had no FC problems!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

#7 NGV

NGV

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

hi friends got my onda vi40 dualcore a week back. the tablet is really good except for the low speaker and mic sound.

i was really happy about my choice until today. i have a serious issue and will be posting the detailed problem in a separate post to check for solution from the experts.

thanks

#8 dasime

dasime

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

google maps does not work for me .....

#9 driod_me

driod_me

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:56 AM

very happy with my vi40 elite :)

#10 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:36 AM

DUAL CORE IS A PAIN IN THE BEEP.
live by chance
love by choice

#11 Kimmen00

Kimmen00

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

I disagree.. have the 0711 fw and everything works as a charm, the only thing that bugs me is the google location! Onda should fix that asap.. otherwise 0711 fw works fine.

#12 hereu

hereu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

Mine came with 0711 fw and is working well. The only problem is the time to charge which I hope sorts it's self out after a couple of charges.

#13 addison

addison

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

Just received my Vi40 Dual core, would be great if I had instructions in English not Chinese. Tried unsuccessfully to obtain English instructions. No reply from email to Onda. Really is hard work for someone new to Android and who cannot read the Chinese alphabet. Anyone know what the small slider button on the side does, I cannot get it to do anything apparent.Impressed with the quality of screen definition.

#14 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:43 AM

Just received my Vi40 Dual core, would be great if I had instructions in English not Chinese. Tried unsuccessfully to obtain English instructions. No reply from email to Onda. Really is hard work for someone new to Android and who cannot read the Chinese alphabet. Anyone know what the small slider button on the side does, I cannot get it to do anything apparent.Impressed with the quality of screen definition.

Hi mate that slider locks screen rotation
get into settings its the blue box icon with 3 little lines on it..it may be in the apps draw so touch little white box on screen to get into this one and look for it.
touch it open and look down the left hand side till you see a option with a A as a choice on it and touch and select your language.this will be a start
live by chance
love by choice

#15 addison

addison

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

get into settings its the blue box icon with 3 little lines on it..it may be in the apps draw so touch little white box on screen to get into this one and look for it.
touch it open and look down the left hand side till you see a option with a A as a choice on it and touch and select your language.this will be a start

#16 addison

addison

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

#17 addison

addison

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:21 AM

Thanks SAS007 for your reply. My next challenge will be to remove all the Chinese apps and replace them with 'english' ones.

#18 inky202020

inky202020

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

@Addison

this is how you remove the Chinese apps (some one posted this before-Joel-n1- I believe)
Install an app called ES File Explorer (from Google play)

1. Open up ES File Exlpoer
2. Go to settings (three dots)
3. Scroll down to button and tick “Root Explorer” and tick “Mount File System”
4. Go back, select “Favourites” then select the picture of a phone with a “/” underneath it.
5. Select “System” folder
6. Select “App” Folder”
7. You will then see all the apps. Choose one you don’t want and long press the icon. It will then give you a number of options. Select “delete”. That app is now gone forever.
8. Repeat for all the Chinese apps.

After you have cleaned out all the system apps you don’t want, go back into ES File Explorer settings and untick “Root Explorer” just to make sure you (or the kids) don’t find there way in there by mistake and delete anything you need.

Edited by inky202020, 15 August 2012 - 08:16 AM.

#19 addison

addison

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

@Addison

this is how you remove the Chinese apps (some one posted this before-Joel-n1- I believe)
Install an app called ES File Explorer (from Google play)

1. Open up ES File Exlpoer
2. Go to settings (three dots)
3. Scroll down to button and tick “Root Explorer” and tick “Mount File System”
4. Go back, select “Favourites” then select the picture of a phone with a “/” underneath it.
5. Select “System” folder
6. Select “App” Folder”
7. You will then see all the apps. Choose one you don’t want and long press the icon. It will then give you a number of options. Select “delete”. That app is now gone forever.
8. Repeat for all the Chinese apps.

After you have cleaned out all the system apps you don’t want, go back into ES File Explorer settings and untick “Root Explorer” just to make sure you (or the kids) don’t find there way in there by mistake and delete anything you need.

#20 addison

addison

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

Many thanks inky202020, very useful guidance. I feel I am taking one step forward and two steps back. I failed to download ES File explorer from Play Store (kept getting 101 error message - which seems common ocurrence). Managed to download ES from androidzoom.com successfully, however when I selcted Delete for each individual app I get the message 'cannot delete this app. I don't have a Sd card installed yet, and cannot see there are attributes set against the apps stopping me deleting them. I will not throw the Onda in the sea yet, but it is becoming a serious possiblity!!