A10 totally bricked, please help!

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#21 sebasgl1

sebasgl1

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

thanks, it worked reallly well, i am really happy now that i dont trow to the garbage my fisrt android tablet, thanks

#22 yinchar

yinchar

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

HI Everyone, i forgot the unlocking pattern of my sisters tablet, and i contacted the company DOMO and was told to flash it using the dowloaded firmware and live suite, but during the flashing it shows update failed, now i think the tablet is bricked, what should i do, am just distressed, please kindly help.....

#23 Squirrel61

Squirrel61

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

Try reinstalling the LiveSuit drivers and then retry flashing the firmware. Or try it on a different computer, preferrably an XP machine. The A10 really is unbrickable. Maybe you have to re-download the firmware, possibly from another source, because a corrupted firmware file can lead to the same results.
Looking for an electronics repair service in The Netherlands?
Spelcomputers Flevoland
For repair of PSP, NDS, Wii, PS3, Computers, Laptops, Cell Phones and much more.

#24 yinchar

yinchar

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Try reinstalling the LiveSuit drivers and then retry flashing the firmware. Or try it on a different computer, preferrably an XP machine. The A10 really is unbrickable. Maybe you have to re-download the firmware, possibly from another source, because a corrupted firmware file can lead to the same results.

But am getting USB not Recognized everytime

#25 Squirrel61

Squirrel61

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

You have to turn your tablet completely off before you're having a new attempt. Just keep the power button pressed for at least 20 seconds to make sure it is off, then retry the procedure.
Spelcomputers Flevoland
For repair of PSP, NDS, Wii, PS3, Computers, Laptops, Cell Phones and much more.

#26 yinchar

yinchar

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

You have to turn your tablet completely off before you're having a new attempt. Just keep the power button pressed for at least 20 seconds to make sure it is off, then retry the procedure.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You,
It really worked just the way you explained, am so grateful, i cant describe my jo and hapiness, all the way from India thank you so much once again....you rock.

#27 Squirrel61

Squirrel61

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

You're welcome! Enjoy your tablet!

One good advice that I'm giving to everyone: don't use any kind of lock code on your Android device, unless it's absolutely necessary. The security of Android is so robust, that the only way to clear it, once forgotten or inadvertedly changed to an unknown code, is a full wipe of the tablet. (There's a backdoor with the help of ADB, but I've never been able to test it because all tablets that I had to unlock so far had ADB turned off)
Spelcomputers Flevoland

#28 yinchar

yinchar

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

You're welcome! Enjoy your tablet!

One good advice that I'm giving to everyone: don't use any kind of lock code on your Android device, unless it's absolutely necessary. The security of Android is so robust, that the only way to clear it, once forgotten or inadvertedly changed to an unknown code, is a full wipe of the tablet. (There's a backdoor with the help of ADB, but I've never been able to test it because all tablets that I had to unlock so far had ADB turned off)

Thank you once again, i didnt know i could went through all this difficulties, since the WIFI is OFF, there is practically nothing that i could do except flashing it....it would have been better so if there is a key combination to turn ON the WIFI, because this happens to many people....

#29 coldsteel2012

coldsteel2012

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I just wanted to add my thanks. I learned a lot from this post, and I was able to bring my tablet back from the dead, after formatting my system partition.

I get a window with a triangle with a explanation. No words but a "ok" Button. Wat does that mean?

#30 Squirrel61

Squirrel61

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

That means that the update has successfully ended.
Spelcomputers Flevoland

#31 tommybig86

tommybig86

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Update: somehow I got it working again! I deliberately let the battery totally drain by putting it in "unrecognized USB device mode", which should have been "USB firmware update mode" and letting it rest until I was pretty sure the battery should be flat. Then I charged it for some time and tried to re-enter the firmware update mode. And magically, all of a sudden it worked!

The best guess I can make is that somehow, the A10 had been messed up and needed to be out of power to reset (Yes, I tried both reset buttons, the one hidden behind the small peephole and the secret one that has no peephole at all but becomes available after opening the case. And that didn't restore the USB firmware update mode).

Case closed

hello I possess mediacom Smartpad 711 (a variant of allwinner10) I installed the cm9 christian Troy, but I wanted to go back to the original ROM, I downloaded from the site you need Mediacom, but with Live suite is stuck at 53% because of a blackout trying to reinsert it into the USB port in the device manager gives me VID_1f3a & PID_efe8 with yellow triangle, now I have read your guide and then:

1) disable driver and read from device manager: Unknown device

2) with the tablet plugged in unknown device allow to drain the battery

3) load it into the power outlet for a few hours

4) riprvare the procedure - button and power button

is correct?

PS 711 tablet does not have the reset button ....

you help me?

#32 Squirrel61

Squirrel61

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

If LiveSuit is getting stuck at some point, your image is probably corrupted. Try to redownload it, maybe from a different site.
Spelcomputers Flevoland

#33 tommybig86

tommybig86

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

hi, i had a problem while i was trying to update my a10 based tablet (mediacom smartpad 711i). While the update process was at 53%, a blackout has interrupted it and now my tablet seems to be totally dead showing me nothing than his black and dead screen. Is there a way to resume it and make it back from the tablets hell? Thank you so much!

#34 caramba

caramba

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

Hi Squirre,

Only work (touchscreen-display) one livesuit firmware for me (TM1 for eken a90)but camera and 3g-sensor dont work . It is possible flash bootloader(all firmwares show black screen.

Perhaps allow to drain the battery erase full bootloader.

Sorry for my english.

Please help

#35 member007

member007

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Anyone can help me to get ROM for this device
http://www.wintouch.ae/?p=77
this is wintouch q71 model with A10 Cortex/A8 1.5Ghz. I already tried many ROMs on this site but non of them seems to be working for touch. Links are dead for ROMS on official website.

#36 Deev#

Deev#

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Just want to say thanks Squirrel. I was kicking my head trying to get my Craig CMP741e working again. I made the mistake of trying to install CM9 on it and the touchscreen gave up. Then all of a sudden I couldn't boot into CWM. Finally it decided to just not boot period. I thought I had a table ornament on my hands until I plugged it into my Laptop and heard the new device sound. Found this topic and got it up again. P.S. the problem(Can't establish reliable connection. What's a tablet without Google Account sync'd?) I was hoping to fix by upgrading to CM9 actually worked itself out with this method. So a big thanks to you.

#37 roxlinger

roxlinger

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Great adding info
I tried the method given by suqirrel61
IT WORKS on AIGOPAD M60

#38 unitearica

unitearica

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

I've been cruising this forum for a long while now, as it many deals with some of the most current and respeccted android info I have seen.

My son seems to have bricked his CMP-741e unit. Now I have tried just about everything. Actually, I managed to get it to connect once though livesuite and it would never connect again. It still shows the unit up in the device mgr, but will only power on to the flying android load screen and no further. Livesuite, Rootthat, and USBPro all see the unit but cannot access as it has no displayable info from the properties of the driver.

I think this may be a case of a bricked unit that I have yet to get to restore. BTW: Craig (MP maker) has no comment on the subject and cannot help as they are apparently flooded with complaints over similiar issues with several of their models.

Im open to any ideas, but I have checked off but everything I can try that I have been able to find so far.

#39 Squirrel61

Squirrel61

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Connect your tablet to your computer. If the computer beeps (usb device connected sound), push the power button until the computer beeps again (usb device disconnected sound). Now disconnect the tablet, fire up Livesuite and select the firmware for your device. Push a button on your tablet (volume-, menu, whatever) and keep it pushed. Connect the usb cable again and immediately start giving quick pushes on the power button, while still holding the other button. When the computer beeps, you can release everything. LiveSuite now should recognize your device in update mode and start updating.

If you can't get LiveSuite to correctly recognize the update mode, try the whole procedure on another computer, preferrably XP 32-bits.
Spelcomputers Flevoland

#40 chi-town

chi-town

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Thanks to this topic I was able to get livesuite to recognize my tablet Craig CMP741E. Can someone recommend an appropriate image file for it?

History on this: I tried installing android marketplace using root that ics and the tablet would not boot completely. Tried to install firmware from mfg page and that did not help either (not stops on the first android screen).