• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#81 chainer

chainer

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

Actually from time to time that happens. I've firmware v1.1. The app you've mentioned does it work??

Sent from my ONDA MID using Tapatalk 2

So far i have had flawless wakes. Will test some more.

Still no news on what to do if the external as card won't mount for upgrade boot? I got clockworkmod but it says no build for this tablet, onda mid, so it wouldn't backup. Then when I checked out FL's file it proposed to install it.
I didn't, having no backup. I did dd the disk over the weekend, but how good will that be if I can't remove it from the tablet, or turn the machine on get to connect it through USB?
I feel stuck at step 2 of a 10 step process!

Try extracting the v1.1 firmware into your sd card using another device.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by chainer, 13 August 2012 - 02:20 AM.

One musnt criticize other people on grounds where he can't stand perpendicular himself.
-Mark Twain

#82 Sassinak

Sassinak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

Thanks for giving it a try.
I can put the firmware, either one, on the / of the external SD card no problem. I could put them on the / of the internal one if I wanted. The problem is that when comes time to boot into "upgrade mode", the card is not mounted, thus can't read the firmware files. I think I could change the fstab configuration file if I knew what to change it to.
the internal mounts at /mnt/sdcard; the external at /mnt/sdcard/external_sdcard. (ew!)
on upgrade mode I get :

E: Bad bootloader arguments
"(null)"
E: failed to mount /sdcard (invalid arguments) (X4)
E: cannot mount /sdcard (invalid arguments)
E: can't mount /sdcard/factory_update_param.aml
E: unknown volume for path [/udisk/factory_update_param.aml]
E: can't mount /udisk/factory_update_param.aml

There is an option to apply upgrade from cache, but I don't know where it's hidden XD
I read up on livesuit, but the info is already a little old, and this tablet is 2 weeks new.

Is there a permission lacking somewhere ?

I really appreciate the help.

Edited by Sassinak, 13 August 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#83 chainer

chainer

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

If you got into clockwork mod, it means your firmware isnt in the root of the external sdcard or more than 1 firmware was extracted. Delete everything from the root and re extract the firmware.

Edited by chainer, 13 August 2012 - 10:55 AM.

One musnt criticize other people on grounds where he can't stand perpendicular himself.
-Mark Twain

#84 Sassinak

Sassinak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

If you got into clockwork mod, it means your firmware isnt in the root of the external sdcard or more than 1 firmware was extracted. Delete everything from the root and re extract the firmware.

I wish I got clockworkmod ! I could semi-install it from the Play Store, but not get it to actually do anything. I did, at one point, "touch" F&L's firmware proposal I had downloaded on the tablet (in .../downloads) and was asked if i wanted to open/use it using clockworkmod. I refused, having no backup.

#85 Sassinak

Sassinak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

here is the vold.fstab file:

## Vold 2.0 fstab

######################
#
## Regular device mount

##

## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>

## label - Label for the volume

## mount_point - Where the volume will be mounted

## part - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.

## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices

#####################
#

# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device

#use this line to support VIRTUAL CDROM.And you can define the directory where you want to mount

loop_mount loop /mnt/VIRTUAL_CDROM

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard/external_sdcard auto /devices/platform/AMLOGIC_CARD/card_host/memorycard0 /devices/platform/aml_sd_mmc.0

dev_mount flash /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/mtd/mtd7/avnftl7 /devices/platform/mtd/mtd7/avnftlh

asec flash

#86 Sassinak

Sassinak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

last but not least info found:
XDA-DEVELOPERS
and:

playstore: mobile ODIN

Any reviews/misgivings about using this method?

#87 chainer

chainer

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Vold.fstab is like a config file for the vold deamon that mounts the storage. Theres a corresponding line in the build.prop as well. There is hardly any reason to modify that.

Odin, mobile odin and heimdall are mostly for samsung based devices. They have different file format than those used in cwm or stock recovery.

Edited by chainer, 14 August 2012 - 06:22 AM.

-Mark Twain

#88 LastFrontier

LastFrontier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

So far i have had flawless wakes. Will test some more.

Since installation of the app 0 bad wakes. I've tried to kill the app and leave the ro.platform.has.sleeppolicy to never and also does the trick. Booth solutions tried and worked.

Thanks a lot

Edited by LastFrontier, 13 August 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#89 chainer

chainer

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:14 AM

Using the app, I havent had any failed wakes. Tho I need to reconnect the wifi as it is automatically disabled.

Am currently using the build.prop mod but I can see that its using more battery. Will baseline my consumption and see if battery loss is acceptable.

-Mark Twain

#90 Sassinak

Sassinak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:05 AM

ok. Changing SDcard means F&L's re-pack is now visible on reboot. However, it's signature is not approved. What's the trick ?
edit: unpack the zip file! XD

Ooops! That firmware is not compatible with the vi30w! Got in all sorts of trouble. Also, be careful which version you have for Onda's proposed firmware, V1 or V2 (hidden in serial # on back)
Great customer service though. Took a while but they repacked a patched firmware just for me. On hindsight, I should have chosen the vi30 dual-core; no W!

Edited by Sassinak, 23 August 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#91 bertss50

bertss50

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

Can anybody post the original DCIM folder and the demo.mp4 from the internal sd?
I accidentally removed thoses files and like to have them back.
Thanks in advance.

#92 jeff23ms

jeff23ms

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

Do Anybody got CWM 6.x on their Onda vi30 Dual Core?

#93 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• Authorized Business Seller (ABS)
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:42 AM

ok. Changing SDcard means F&L's re-pack is now visible on reboot. However, it's signature is not approved. What's the trick ?
edit: unpack the zip file! XD

Ooops! That firmware is not compatible with the vi30w! Got in all sorts of trouble. Also, be careful which version you have for Onda's proposed firmware, V1 or V2 (hidden in serial # on back)
Great customer service though. Took a while but they repacked a patched firmware just for me. On hindsight, I should have chosen the vi30 dual-core; no W!

http://www.mediafire...b9vc2avgescjlaa

Link to the W ROM with the fix.
Posted Image
Frank, President
F&L Superstore - www.flsuperstore.com
email: frank@flsuperstore.com
blog: flsuperstore.wordpress.com
MSN: flsuperstore@gmail.com

#94 zychen

zychen

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:10 AM

Dear F&LSuperstore,

Official Firmware v1.4 is out at the Onda site. Hope you can provide us with the repacked update without the chinese apps and with google apps, etc.

Thanks!

#95 DanM1

DanM1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hi F&LSuperstore and friends,
Anyone know if this repack will work on a Sanei N83 with the same allwinner chip, or have another repack or rom to recommend?
Thanks.

#96 Sassinak

Sassinak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hi F&LSuperstore and friends,
Anyone know if this repack will work on a Sanei N83 with the same allwinner chip, or have another repack or rom to recommend?
Thanks.

Don`t do that, the firmwares aren't even compatible between vi30 and vi30w models! The Onda dual-core models use the AML chip, not the Allwinner!

#97 irfanulla

irfanulla

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hi - Tried to use the Vi30W ROM and I think I bricked my Onda tab

I think I have the V2 with me - considering the serial number is V30WD8C8V2A10900

request anyone to guide me to atleast get back to the correct ROM or way to use the ONDA firmware from its website,

currently the tab is stuck in a infinite loop showing the android robo with the waves on boot

does not move forward at all!

please help!

Regards
Irfan
  • bertss50 likes this

#98 PiotrJakub

PiotrJakub

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

Hi - Tried to use the Vi30W ROM and I think I bricked my Onda tab

I think I have the V2 with me - considering the serial number is V30WD8C8V2A10900

request anyone to guide me to atleast get back to the correct ROM or way to use the ONDA firmware from its website,

currently the tab is stuck in a infinite loop showing the android robo with the waves on boot

does not move forward at all!

please help!

Regards
Irfan

Try this link, open it with google translate
http://www.ondabbs.c...62&extra=page=1

You will find there a tool to flash your tablet from pc and a firmware package for your tablet. I'm not chinese, but from google translate I undestand that this is the way to go with briqued tablets...

btw, the firmware is v1.5 but dated 10.10. Are there any changes from the official release?