Onda Vi30 dual core

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#41 ebugia

ebugia

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

I updated the firmware already. it seems that my facebook and youtube are not working. anyone else experience these problems?

#42 SoulBrother

SoulBrother

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hello,

I have recently purchased an Onda vi30 Dual core 8GB on ########### and i was wondering if anybody could help me out with the following.

I have had the tablet for a day now:
1. The market seemed to have a -101 error but somehow i have fixed it.
2. the Wifi is terrible, only reaching 200-600k, not even 1mb. From the same speed test app my ipad does 20-21mb. Under 1mb, cant be right?
3. Can anyone help me confirm that my tablet is in fact a dual core.
4. My version is V1.
5. I am aware of the new update but i do not know what to move onto the memory card? I have the Rar file but i really need an english guide?

Thanks Alot For Any Help You Can Give Me.

Its Much Appreciated

#43 LastFrontier

LastFrontier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

Allready installed the v1.2. My 1st impression is that a little more fluid than 1.1. Regardless the speed boost there is a major drawback with this fw at least in my experience. The FB app and site doesn't work at all, all thed major sites apps install and work correctly. Anyone with the same issue or possible solution? The minute i've rolled back the fw FB started to work again!!!

#44 LastFrontier

LastFrontier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hello,

I have recently purchased an Onda vi30 Dual core 8GB on ########### and i was wondering if anybody could help me out with the following.

I have had the tablet for a day now:
1. The market seemed to have a -101 error but somehow i have fixed it.
2. the Wifi is terrible, only reaching 200-600k, not even 1mb. From the same speed test app my ipad does 20-21mb. Under 1mb, cant be right?
3. Can anyone help me confirm that my tablet is in fact a dual core.
4. My version is V1.
5. I am aware of the new update but i do not know what to move onto the memory card? I have the Rar file but i really need an english guide?

Thanks Alot For Any Help You Can Give Me.

Its Much Appreciated

Hi there.
1 Also had the same error did a factory reset and started to work
2 Did some network testing and it works fine. Transferring files from pc via wifi its fast and net connection its flawless includig reception.
3 the serial number on the back should be vi30DXxxxx
5 to flash the umit you should copy all the files from the .rar archive except the .doc.
to a SD
Cheers

Edited by LastFrontier, 07 August 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#45 chainer

chainer

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

likewise upgraded to 1.2... cant download facebook and youtube app, neither can i access their respective websites...
One musnt criticize other people on grounds where he can't stand perpendicular himself.
-Mark Twain

#46 Sassinak

Sassinak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

EXTERNAL SD card won't mount on alternate boot: no upgrades? Any tips ?

#47 bertss50

bertss50

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

My advice for people with non working facebook, read this topic about the vi40 dual core version http://www.slatedroi...n-v12-firmware/
They talk about the same problems.
Maybe cleaning your host file will help, I can't test myself because I haven't received my vi30 yet.

#48 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• Authorized Business Seller (ABS)
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

The stock firmwares do not come with the proper files to allow facebook, youtube etc.....

I will be repacking a Vi30 ROM here shortly that will cure all of your woes. Please look for the main thread on this page.
Posted Image
Frank, President
F&L Superstore - www.flsuperstore.com
email: frank@flsuperstore.com
blog: flsuperstore.wordpress.com
MSN: flsuperstore@gmail.com

#49 SoulBrother

SoulBrother

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hello Thanks Alot LastFrontier,

My Tablet does have the following: vi30D8 and letters after that, i assume that is correct.
But could one of you also tell me how to actually update the tablet?
So i currently have the firmware,
I then have to move all the files apart from the Doc file to the root of the Memory?
Then What?
Also can i ask if anyone else have had this problem with the wifi or is it just simply that i need to update the firmware?

Thanks Alot

#50 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

Here ya go as promised.

http://www.slatedroi...-gapps-repacks/

Onda Vi30 Dual-Core Custom Offical ROM
Posted Image
Frank, President

#51 zychen

zychen

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

Here ya go as promised.

http://www.slatedroi...-gapps-repacks/

Onda Vi30 Dual-Core Custom Offical ROM

Thanks a lot! I was thinking about repacking them too but have no experience in doing it... still trying to work it out :p

Edited by zychen, 07 August 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#52 chainer

chainer

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

Successfully upgraded using flsuperstores repack. Kudos to you.

Everything works thus far. Thanks so much.

One question, is it really based on 4.0.4? I remember the one from onda is 4.0.3. Also would it be possible to have the model number changed to onda mid? Its reading gt-i9300 hehehe.

Would directly swapping the build prop from the official firmware unto this repack solve the model number without causing too much trouble?

Edited by chainer, 08 August 2012 - 02:16 AM.

One musnt criticize other people on grounds where he can't stand perpendicular himself.
-Mark Twain

#53 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

Successfully upgraded using flsuperstores repack. Kudos to you.

Everything works thus far. Thanks so much.

One question, is it really based on 4.0.4? I remember the one from onda is 4.0.3. Also would it be possible to have the model number changed to onda mid? Its reading gt-i9300 hehehe.

Would directly swapping the build prop from the official firmware unto this repack solve the model number without causing too much trouble?

No, I just copied one of the common build.props I use to build my ROMs and it just happened to say 4.0.4
Posted Image
Frank, President

#54 LastFrontier

LastFrontier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hello Thanks Alot LastFrontier,

My Tablet does have the following: vi30D8 and letters after that, i assume that is correct.
But could one of you also tell me how to actually update the tablet?
So i currently have the firmware,
I then have to move all the files apart from the Doc file to the root of the Memory?
Then What?
Also can i ask if anyone else have had this problem with the wifi or is it just simply that i need to update the firmware?

Thanks Alot

To update its quite easy once u know what to do. Copy all files in the rar to an sd card, except the .doc file. Ensure that the sd card is formatted in fat32.
Turn off the tablet.
Press the house button and power button simultaneously.
Keep pressing and wait a bit. The screen will change to an android logo with a filling bar. Stop pressing the buttons.
Wait for reboot and enjoy your updated onda vi30

Anyone has linked the tablet to an amp??? I've connected mine to a Pioneer xv521 but it doesn't passtrough the sound. Quite strangely if i connect directly to the tv audio plays fine. Any suggestions to fix this beaviour??

Thanks a lot

Sent from my ONDA MID using Tapatalk 2

#55 SoulBrother

SoulBrother

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

To update its quite easy once u know what to do. Copy all files in the rar to an sd card, except the .doc file. Ensure that the sd card is formatted in fat32.
Turn off the tablet.
Press the house button and power button simultaneously.
Keep pressing and wait a bit. The screen will change to an android logo with a filling bar. Stop pressing the buttons.
Wait for reboot and enjoy your updated onda vi30

Anyone has linked the tablet to an amp??? I've connected mine to a Pioneer xv521 but it doesn't passtrough the sound. Quite strangely if i connect directly to the tv audio plays fine. Any suggestions to fix this beaviour??

Thanks a lot

Sent from my ONDA MID using Tapatalk 2

Hello Thanks Alot For Your Help,
When i have moved the files into the root of the memory card, do i leave the tablet connected to the pc or i do remove the usb after the files have been transferred? Then procced with turning it off etc.

Thanks Alot

Kind Regards

#56 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hello Thanks Alot For Your Help,
When i have moved the files into the root of the memory card, do i leave the tablet connected to the pc or i do remove the usb after the files have been transferred? Then procced with turning it off etc.

Thanks Alot

Kind Regards

It doesn't matter. Turn the tablet off, and hold the home button on the front then turn the tablet on.
Posted Image
Frank, President

#57 SoulBrother

SoulBrother

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

Hello,

Thanks For Your Help.

I will update to your ROM now, thanks

Thanks Alot

Kind Regards,

#58 zychen

zychen

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Hoping someone can help me with this:

I bought two units of Onda Vi30 Dual Core, one for myself and the other for my sibling. I have successfully updated mine to official ROM v1.2 without any problems. However, I failed to update the second tablet to v1.2. I will complete the updating process but it will not boot up, instead its just a black screen (screen is on as the backlit is visible). When I flash it back to v1.1, it boots up fine again. This is really peculiar. Any one has any clue what might be the cause of this or any suggestions on what might be the solution.

Thanks,
zychen

#59 chainer

chainer

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

It doesn't matter. Turn the tablet off, and hold the home button on the front then turn the tablet on.

Just make sure you have more than enough charge on your tablet. I updated my vi30 with 50% remaining. After upgrade i was down to less than 10%. Even if i had the tablet connected to its ac charger.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
-Mark Twain

#60 Markus A

Markus A

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:05 AM

onda vi30 dual, damage lcd, maybe we give me link to buy this parts