• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 charos87

charos87

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:37 AM

Morning all, got my onda Vi30 dual core yesterday from android mall ad all I can say is wow. Its a well built and speedy tablet. Would highly recommend it to ayone looking to buy one of the new dual core tablets as it was a snip at £90!

Sent from my ONDA MID using Tapatalk 2

#2 dmagee

dmagee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:11 AM

Is an Allwinner tablet?

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

#3 charos87

charos87

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

As in does it use the allwinner CPU? No its now using the amlogic a9 dual core

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

#4 chrisnz

chrisnz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

What is the wifi performance like ?

#5 charos87

charos87

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

Good, massively better than my zenithink tablet. I haven't had any drop outs from holding the tablet plus I can use it in my garden which even my phone sometimes can't! There isn't any drop in speed either but I do have a N rated router.

#6 wildwilly

wildwilly

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

hi ,,i just got my vi30 dual core...nice unit....having a little wifi problem and there is an update on onda website....this is my first tablet..i was hoping someone on here could please tell me how to do it...im not to upto date on my tech stuff so try to make it easy on me......thanks for the help

#7 wildwilly

wildwilly

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

What is the wifi performance like ?

hi i just got my vi30 dual core...having alittle wifi issue,but there is a update on onda website...other than that tablet seems really cool and fast....this is my first tablet and so far its really cool.....

#8 djcasl

djcasl

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:43 AM

Is the Onda VI30 rooted? If not does anyone know how to?
Currently using official 10" ZT-280 C91"2N"(512MB+8GB) android4.0 - 20120314 ICS Beta ROM (950Mhz kernel Omarahum)
Previous
official 10" ZT-280 C91"2N"(512MB+8GB) android 2.3 - 20120217 Gingerbread ROM (950Mhz kernel Omarahum)
official 10" ZT-280 C91"2N"(512MB+8GB) android2.3 - 20111206 Gingerbread ROM

#9 charos87

charos87

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

Hi wild, yeah the tablet is fast and so well built, glad you like yours too! And yes mine came rooted and if yours doesn't just let me know and I can help you!

#10 wildwilly

wildwilly

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

Hi wild, yeah the tablet is fast and so well built, glad you like yours too! And yes mine came rooted and if yours doesn't just let me know and I can help you!

Hi Charos,my tablet came rooted.and you know what im not really sure what that means.i bought mine on ########### from flsuperstore and they hooked me up...i did read that there is an updated for this but i cant seem to find it anywhere.maybe you could help me out....this is m first tablet so im new to all this.i do own a samsung 4.0 galaxy player which is really cool and a fast little unit....thanks...

#11 zychen

zychen

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:21 AM

Hi all,

This is my first post. I ordered 2 units of Onda Vi30 dual core from aliexpress at discounted price (during promotion period) about a week ago. The parcel was delayed due to the recent typhoon in Hong Kong. Looking forward to receiving it and testing it out soon. Glad to hear the positive feedbacks from the new owners. FYI, there is also a nice original case by Onda too which was designed to fit Onda Vi30 Ultimate and Dual Core (info here). The only mismatch is the camera hole at the back since Vi30 ultimate has back camera, which is a minor issue. I ordered a couple of that from aliexpress too.

The updates seems pretty frequent at the onda site, which is a good sign. The latest update (v1.1) was date 23rd July 2012. Here is the direct link. The only problem is the site is a bit slow, hence the download takes ages.

#12 wildwilly

wildwilly

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hi all,

This is my first post. I ordered 2 units of Onda Vi30 dual core from aliexpress at discounted price (during promotion period) about a week ago. The parcel was delayed due to the recent typhoon in Hong Kong. Looking forward to receiving it and testing it out soon. Glad to hear the positive feedbacks from the new owners. FYI, there is also a nice original case by Onda too which was designed to fit Onda Vi30 Ultimate and Dual Core (info here). The only mismatch is the camera hole at the back since Vi30 ultimate has back camera, which is a minor issue. I ordered a couple of that from aliexpress too.

The updates seems pretty frequent at the onda site, which is a good sign. The latest update (v1.1) was date 23rd July 2012. Here is the direct link. The only problem is the site is a bit slow, hence the download takes ages.

Hi, zychen,this is my first tablet and i am having wifi speed issues...no matter where i use the tablet at work or home its the same speed.horrible..i see the update you show takes care of the issue,but could you tell me how to do it.im an older person so im not to tech savy...but im willin to try this cause i do like the tablet so i wanna try the update before i return it....thank you for yor time...

#13 zychen

zychen

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:56 AM

Hi, zychen,this is my first tablet and i am having wifi speed issues...no matter where i use the tablet at work or home its the same speed.horrible..i see the update you show takes care of the issue,but could you tell me how to do it.im an older person so im not to tech savy...but im willin to try this cause i do like the tablet so i wanna try the update before i return it....thank you for yor time...

Dear wildwilly,

I have yet to receive my tablets. The seller told me that they will put the instructions on how to update the firmware with the package. I believe there are some information online such as those for Onda Vi40 dual core (similar except for 9.7 inch screen). But I would not dare to pass on any information to you until I have tried it out myself. Generally, it should be something like placing the firmware in the microSD card and then boot into recovery mode (fully shut down and power up by holding down home key and the power button at the same time). I should be receiving them in about 2 days time and once I successfully updated the ROM, I will post the instructions here.

regards,

zychen

#14 charos87

charos87

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:05 AM

Hay wild,

http://file2.mydrive...D_v1.0-0702.rar

That's the latest beta firmware, if you have any problems flashing the firmware let me know mate!

Edit: I see someone has already put this up, yes you extract the zip to external SD card, turn your tablet off. Then turn it on again whilst holding the home button too. Then choose update in the menu. Be aware this will wipe your tablets hard drive or movies, music etc so put them on your external sd card or on your pc beforehand

Edited by charos87, 28 July 2012 - 05:11 AM.

#15 wildwilly

wildwilly

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:21 AM

Hay wild,

http://file2.mydrive...D_v1.0-0702.rar

That's the latest beta firmware, if you have any problems flashing the firmware let me know mate!

Edit: I see someone has already put this up, yes you extract the zip to external SD card, turn your tablet off. Then turn it on again whilst holding the home button too. Then choose update in the menu. Be aware this will wipe your tablets hard drive or movies, music etc so put them on your external sd card or on your pc beforehand

Hi Charos,thanks for the info,i have the update you posted.there is a newer update which is v1.1,which is the one Zychen posted,but the link takes me to ondas website and i see the update but its in chinese,so i dont really understand it.lol...i contacted my seller to see if he can do anything with it..does the update need to be modded for english????or can i just download it ...i mean its not going to change anything in my tablet like change it back to factory settings or screw anythingup???thanks for your time charos...

#16 wildwilly

wildwilly

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

Dear wildwilly,

I have yet to receive my tablets. The seller told me that they will put the instructions on how to update the firmware with the package. I believe there are some information online such as those for Onda Vi40 dual core (similar except for 9.7 inch screen). But I would not dare to pass on any information to you until I have tried it out myself. Generally, it should be something like placing the firmware in the microSD card and then boot into recovery mode (fully shut down and power up by holding down home key and the power button at the same time). I should be receiving them in about 2 days time and once I successfully updated the ROM, I will post the instructions here.

regards,

zychen

Hi Zychen,cool Im looking foward to hear whatcha come up with.I clicked your link i see the update but its in chinese,lol...i dont understand it.so i didnt wanna screw up my tablet.i cant wait to get this update cause i do really like this tablet.you guys on this site are awesome...very helpful...thank you,wildwilly

#17 nathan 12

nathan 12

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

hello! i bought a ONDA VI30 Dual Core Version Tablet PC 6,800pesos @www.ebuyph.com

Amlogic AML8726-MX, 1.2GHz (up to 1.5 GHz), Cortex A9 dual core; GPU: Mali 400 MP2
1GB (DDR 3)
8GB Nand Flash
Front camera, 3.0 megapixels
Yes, 5 points touch
6500 MAh

my question is, why is the battery life drains so quickly? my ainol novo7 tornado outlast my onda vi30 dual core.
the retailer i bought it in updated the firmware to june or july, i cant exactly remember. i Just bought it, a week ago.
i bought it specificly for 6500mah but im so dissapointed at the battery life.

also wondering if they gave me the right product? ONDA VI30 Dual Core Version Tablet PC Android 4.0 8 Inch HD Screen 8GB Ultra Thin HDMI Camera,is what i bought(6500MAH). the box case is all in chinese. It's been bothering me so much, because the battery life is horrendous. The battery drains so quickly, even if the brightness is 30% and volume 30%, with light application. it doesnt even vibrate. My ainol novo7 tornado has vibrate and outlast onda vi30 dual core. WTF?
What is 5 point multi touch? i dont see a difference when i game? compared to 2 point multitouch?

ainol novo7 tornado 3,900pesos onda vi30 dual core 6,800pesos
please help!

#18 charos87

charos87

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

hello! i bought a ONDA VI30 Dual Core Version Tablet PC 6,800pesos @www.ebuyph.com

Amlogic AML8726-MX, 1.2GHz (up to 1.5 GHz), Cortex A9 dual core; GPU: Mali 400 MP2
1GB (DDR 3)
8GB Nand Flash
Yes, 5 points touch
6500 MAh

my question is, why is the battery life drains so quickly? my ainol novo7 tornado outlast my onda vi30 dual core.
the retailer i bought it in updated the firmware to june or july, i cant exactly remember. i Just bought it, a week ago.

also wondering if they gave me the right product? ONDA VI30 Dual Core Version Tablet PC Android 4.0 8 Inch HD Screen 8GB Ultra Thin HDMI Camera,is what i bought(6500MAH). the box case is all in chinese. It's been bothering me so much, because the battery life is horrendous. The battery drains so quickly, even if the brightness is 30% and volume 30%, with light application. it doesnt even vibrate. My ainol novo7 tornado has vibrate and outlast onda vi30 dual core. WTF?
What is 5 point multi touch? i dont see a difference when i game? compared to 2 point multitouch?

please help!

Yeah it sounds like the right one, as for the battery you can reduce the cpu frequancy when notmin use via setcpu or another related app. No it doesn't have vibrate but it didn't dtate that it does, the five point touch means just that. The screen can register 5 individual touches useful for apps that utilise that. But it won't make any apparent difference. Anything else you need help with let me know!

#19 wildwilly

wildwilly

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

Hi Charos,thanks for the info,i have the update you posted.there is a newer update which is v1.1,which is the one Zychen posted,but the link takes me to ondas website and i see the update but its in chinese,so i dont really understand it.lol...i contacted my seller to see if he can do anything with it..does the update need to be modded for english????or can i just download it ...i mean its not going to change anything in my tablet like change it back to factory settings or screw anythingup???thanks for your time charos...

Hi Charos,hey when i tried to click your update link it seems there is an error code....thanks...

#20 wildwilly

wildwilly

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

1GB (DDR 3)
8GB Nand Flash
Yes, 5 points touch
6500 MAh

please help!

Hi Nathan, I also just got the vi30 dual core.The box i have also is in chinense ,does your box have a yahoo screen shot on it cause if so its prolly the dual core.I hope you bought it from a good seller.I live in the US and made sure thats where my seller is from incase of any issuses.Im having a wifi speed issue,but there is a update that is supposed to take care of this and some other issues.Im just waiting for my seller to mod the update or someone on here to.this is my first tablet.it seems cool expecpt for my wifi upload and down load speed issue.The battery specs i got are 4400 mah.maybe after a couple of battery clcyles it will get better.i aslo read dont charge using usb make sure you charge using the ac cahrger.and like charos said to check your cpu speed and what apps you have running.youll get alot of good info on this site.

Edited by wildwilly, 29 July 2012 - 05:55 PM.