after several weeks of reading through the forum and other online resources I'm ready to buy the Pipo M1. So I made a sum-up of the thread to see all the remaining issues. Can you please check and tell if some of the mentioned problems have disappeared or are no issues at all? Here we go:
- RK3066 (best chipset right now)
- good build quality (metal case, etc.)
- very thin (9.6 mm)
- good battery (7800 mAh)
- ...more, but too lazy
- WiFi connection could be better (different statements, 65 mbps would be very good for me?!)
- no root possibility specifically for the M1, but via custom ROM from R2000 (Roman2025 succeeded in rooting it and will probably upload a tool later)
- bad placement of speakers
- a bit of screen bleed
- high battery drain in “sleep mode”?
- Problems with saving APN settings
What do you think? Or are there better choices right now? I've seen first details for the M2 on the PIPO website (PIPO Website)...hmmmm?!