299 replies to this topic

#121 n83m02

n83m02

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hi there,

after several weeks of reading through the forum and other online resources I'm ready to buy the Pipo M1. So I made a sum-up of the thread to see all the remaining issues. Can you please check and tell if some of the mentioned problems have disappeared or are no issues at all? Here we go:

Pros:
  • RK3066 (best chipset right now)
  • good build quality (metal case, etc.)
  • very thin (9.6 mm)
  • good battery (7800 mAh)
  • ...more, but too lazy ;)

Issues:
  • WiFi connection could be better (different statements, 65 mbps would be very good for me?!)
  • no root possibility specifically for the M1, but via custom ROM from R2000 (Roman2025 succeeded in rooting it and will probably upload a tool later)
  • bad placement of speakers
  • a bit of screen bleed
  • high battery drain in “sleep mode”?
  • Problems with saving APN settings

What do you think? Or are there better choices right now? I've seen first details for the M2 on the PIPO website (PIPO Website)...hmmmm?!

Thank you!
there is no other world,
and there has never been.

#122 ems1

ems1

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

Hi
This is the firmware PIPO MX M11 STOCK

update_PIPO_M1_975H-2012-7-26

Sorry but my bad english
  • MAX Reitzel likes this

#123 zBeYuz

zBeYuz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

Hi
This is the firmware PIPO MX M11 STOCK

update_PIPO_M1_975H-2012-7-26

Sorry but my bad english

Thanks a lot for sharing, ems1. Is it rooted ?

Edited by zBeYuz, 17 August 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#124 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

It has a working ClockworkMod Recovery. Everything seems good excepted when I used Ads Aways to block ads, it said this firmware has S-ON/OFF feature like HTC phones.

Thus, at the end, I can't get access to host file to apply ads blocking rules. Does anyone know how to fix it ?

hey i saw that in the custom ROM firmware say that use adfree instead of ads aways becuase it had problem working on rom.

also wanna let you know i have order the PIPO M1 and a PIPO UI 7" tablet and thinking to sell my aoson m11 on ########### anyone interested just email me but before i'm thinking on make a video showing the quality.
My Allwinner A31 Custom Roms
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
97RQ N90FHDRK U9GT5,VISTURE V97HD
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD RC3 , SKYDIVER , CUBEX ,JELLYCUBE
PIPO MAX M1- AOSON M11 - PIPO U1
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1
CHUWI V99, VIDO N90FHD, Cube U9GTV, VISTURE 4HD RK3066 RETINA ROMS ONLY
DANERICK ROM, LUNATIC, MetroBleach

Check Out my Webpage www.andydarkroom.site90.com

Darkrickpr EASY ADB BATCH TOOL (RELEASED TEST 1 CHECK MY WEBPAGE)
( Is your Tablet STUCK in BOOT animation, your volume key wont help you get to CWM or Bootloader. You don't know how to use adb shell commands. Then this it the tool you will need

HOW TO INSTALL MY ROMS ON CWM RECOVERY

HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON RK3066 RETINA TABLET VIDEO

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#125 MAX Reitzel

MAX Reitzel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

Just received my PIPO and I'm pretty impressed. It really feels like a quality product!

I've been reading through different posts as well as translated the chinese manual to find a way to root my baby, but I have problems to find the "upgrade button". In the chinese manual, which I translated" it says: Turn off the player before upgrading the firmware. Press and hold the upgrade button pressed while the device is connected to a PC USB port. If you have not installed device drivers, it will pop up the following prompt:

Could any one elighten me on which button is the "upgrade" button? :(

/Max

EDIT OK got it now : The upgrade button is Volume - button :)
I Think PIPO should get it's own Subforum. And not being placed under "Unlisted Rockchip RK3066 Tablets"...

Edited by MAX Reitzel, 19 August 2012 - 09:39 AM.

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Winston Churchill

#126 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

Just received my PIPO and I'm pretty impressed. It really feels like a quality product!

I've been reading through different posts as well as translated the chinese manual to find a way to root my baby, but I have problems to find the "upgrade button". In the chinese manual, which I translated" it says: Turn off the player before upgrading the firmware. Press and hold the upgrade button pressed while the device is connected to a PC USB port. If you have not installed device drivers, it will pop up the following prompt:

Could any one elighten me on which button is the "upgrade" button? :(

/Max

EDIT OK got it now : The upgrade button is Volume - button :)
I Think PIPO should get it's own Subforum. And not being placed under "Unlisted Rockchip RK3066 Tablets"...

when did you order yours and what version of android does it did come with ? because i order yesterday on pandawill and it say i has Jellybean 4.1 in the description.
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

( Is your Tablet STUCK in BOOT animation, your volume key wont help you get to CWM or Bootloader. You don't know how to use adb shell commands. Then this it the tool you will need

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#127 MAX Reitzel

MAX Reitzel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

I ordered it 10 days a go and it came with 4.0.4...
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Winston Churchill

#128 MAX Reitzel

MAX Reitzel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

Look here http://www.flashmyan...0-Date-13-08-12
Is a custom rom pre-rooted CWM recovery that say it work for pipo m1 , 97s, Yooe R2, CUbe U9GT3 we are save peoplee

Kind of weird I tried to root it with the custom rom, but the new one 01A but failed. Had to restore with the stock rom. Maybe zBeYuz rooted with the "older version" 01. Anyone else that could confirm that the custom rom has worked?

#129 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

What do you mean by try rooting the custom rom since it's say is already prerooted?
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#130 MAX Reitzel

MAX Reitzel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

Ok. didn't know it was prerooted. It had some chinese apps as well as on the keyboard there's still some chinese keys... but as I said I flashed to the stock image and cleaned up the chinese apps etc and it works great to me so I guess a new rom isn't needed. Not for me anyway since all things right now are working. I don't know about the games from gameloft though since I don't play games, but I may check that as well soon.

Edited by MAX Reitzel, 20 August 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#131 Gokuh82

Gokuh82

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

I don't know the PIPO site. I got the info from my supplier. You can probably google around and find it though?

It should be stated again that the speaker kind of sucks :)

@ Haneya - I am a retailer so I get my devices directly from a supplier or the manufacturer ;). I will probably start a presell on these in a few weeks and will offer both a import/modify option as well as a dropship option. I quality inspect anything imported/modified before shipping and also provide support. The question right now I am asking is if this unit is good enough to rebrand/co-brand as the Quantum Meson. Currently I am leaning that direction but I want to spend a few more days with it first.

Regards,

Roman

Thus far - Gameloft games refuse to run (not compatible BS that gameloft pushes, will need a build.prop mod once I get firmware and tools to dissect it) however EA's excellent new Mass Effect game runs AMAZING! Awesome game, amazing GPU in this beast :)

How did you get it to run? I have thePiPo u1 and I've tried many ways yet I keep getting the "those application is not authorized for this android device" error. Any suggestions? Also can you tell me if Street fighter 4 would work?

#132 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

I am fairly certain the PIPO isn't "pre-rooted"? I have new batch coming in hopefully later this week though so I will check and report back. I know I have been beating this drum for a while and am sorry. My time is so crunch... but I DO have a tool and I DO plan on sharing :). I am so sorry it is taking me so long to get to. I am currently doing major transitions for our partner sites, testing out two new devices, and still keeping up with orders :(. I also work another full-time job lol :).
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#133 axeteve

axeteve

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

Dear Roman, Since you share hotline with Chinese, Do you have some info on when these guys are coming up with "built in 3G" models with DualCore chips like RK3066 and 8726-MX6 etc.

Thanks for sharing.
:)

#134 MAX Reitzel

MAX Reitzel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

Allright if it isn't prerooted it works excellent for me anyway. Had the chance to play with it all day yesterday and man it feels quality and it's really fast. Can't believe I paid $200 for a great piece like this... regarding the WiFi it works just as good or bad as my 24" iMac (early 2009). Well a bit better that my iMac actually from the same distance. But as I walk closer to my router I have full connection on my WiFi bar :good: Now when I have seen the JB though I can't wait until it'll be released for my baby.

Edited by MAX Reitzel, 21 August 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#135 Jareds20

Jareds20

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

Newby here, just seen Pipo M3 10.1" listed on this site
http://detail.tmall....8.19065068749_1
But cant find Pipo home page to check, anybody know what it is.

#136 bluestang

bluestang

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hey Roman,
Can you do a Quadrant bench on the N101 II as well? I would like to see how these 2 models compare to each other (memory and flash performance).
Thanks!
Ainol Novo 7 Adv -- from TopNotchTablets
Yuandao N101 II -- from TopNotchTablets

#137 infosaez

infosaez

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

Hi.

the latest rom for Pipo M1:
http://www.pandawill...IPO-M1-20120810

#138 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

Newby here, just seen Pipo M3 10.1" listed on this site
http://detail.tmall....8.19065068749_1
But cant find Pipo home page to check, anybody know what it is.

Hi jareds20,

That looks very interesting. Not that many original rk3066 10.1 inch tablets around. Cube U30GT, Window N101 are the main ones. This could be another contender.

I think it's this tablet on Pipo's website...

http://www.pipo.com....oduct.php?id=95

Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Jezzer, 22 August 2012 - 02:17 PM.

Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#139 Jareds20

Jareds20

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

Hi jareds20,

That looks very interesting. Not that many original rk3066 10.1 inch tablets around. Cube U30GT, Window N101 are the main ones. This could be another contender.

I think it's this tablet on Pipo's website...

http://www.pipo.com....oduct.php?id=95

Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

It's a shame there is only one picture, but looks like it may have front facing dual speakers, which may win some fans what with the N101 II taking a step backwards in design and losing the speakers up front. Hope it turns out to be as good as Roman says the M1 is!

#140 MAX Reitzel

MAX Reitzel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

In all honesty, I'm really not bothered with the side speakers on PIPO M1. But I do have to note that I've never owned a slate before, except than using iPAD for a couple o weeks, so I can't judge how much a difference it would make to have front speakers. I watch quite a bit of online video like TED or some lerning videos and haven't thought that much about speakers being to side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users