#41 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

I've no experience of the AMLogic chipsets myself, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that their dual-core Mali is clocked higher than the quad-Mali in the RK3066 - possibly 400MHz vs 266MHz? I can't remember where I read this but, assuming it is accurate, this ought to mean that the GPU performance deficit may be less than 50%!

On the original AmLogic single-core platform, I think they used a Single Core Mali vs. the A10 which uses a Dual-Core Mali and furthermore the AmLogic was clocked at 266Mhz whereas the A10 had its Malis clocked at 400 Mhz.

As someone else mentioned, when it comes to 3D performance in particular, my guess is that the RK3066 does eat it for breakfast...

Here is some quadrant info using the Ramos W17 Pro vs the Cube U30GT. The U30GT is slightly higher resolution as well so bear that in mind. This is aggregated scores, I don't have the breakdown :(

Quadrant V2...
Cube: 4285
Ramos: 3119

My Guess is that the Cube is indeed smacking it around in the GPU tests which is why it ends up being so much higher for the Aggregate score.

Linpack Multithread testing gives the RK3066 around 80 Mflops vs the AML chipset at about 60

Antutu GPU: 1586 for the RK3066 vs 1199 for the AmLogic chipset (which would seem to support the higher clock frequency for the Aml Mali's theory!).

I haven't used the AmLogic Dual-Core yet, my partners have used it though and the RK3066 and have said the RK3066 does indeed feel a bit faster. I don't think they did much 3D game testing. All I have to say is that NOVO 3 runs beautifully (very impressive) on the RK3066, I have no idea how it would go over on the AmLogic, it would be interesting if someone could test.

Cheers!

Roman

Edited by Roman2025, 26 July 2012 - 04:20 PM.

www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#42 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

On the original AmLogic single-core platform, I think they used a Single Core Mali vs. the A10 which uses a Dual-Core Mali and furthermore the AmLogic was clocked at 266Mhz whereas the A10 had its Malis clocked at 400 Mhz.

My Guess is that the Cube is indeed smacking it around in the GPU tests which is why it ends up being so much higher for the Aggregate score.

Linpack Multithread testing gives the RK3066 around 80 Mflops vs the AML chipset at about 60

Antutu GPU: 1586 for the RK3066 vs 1199 for the AmLogic chipset (which would seem to support the higher clock frequency for the Aml Mali's theory!).

8726-M1&M3 = 1 x Mali400 @ 250 MHz
A10 = 1 x Mali400 @ 320 MHz
8726-MX/M6 = 2 x Mali400 @ 400 MHz = 2 x 400 = 800 available GPU MHz plus two cores doing the work
RK3066 = 4 x Mali400 @ 266 MHz = 4 x 266 = 1064 available GPU MHz plus 4 cores doing the work

Biggest issue with 8726-MX is heat though. So, many tablet makers clocking them @ 1.2 GHz. RK3066 still runs good @ 1.6 GHz. 1.2 to 1.6 is a 400 MHz speed difference ie, Aurora2 vs U30GT. 1.2 to 1.4 is 200 MHz speed difference.

CPUs should get roughly same performance +/- 5% at the same clock speed. Difference is that RK3066 is running at higher clock speed.

8726-MX is still good chip but only if you get the tablet for about 25% less than RK3066 tablet. Otherwise I would go with RK3066 instead. Not worth paying same price for 8726-MX as you would for RK3066 tablet.

PS, both 8726-MX & RK3066 outperform Tegra2 & OMAP4. 8726-MX is more mid-end dual core & RK3066 is high-end dual core. RK3066 competes pretty close with Tegra3 & Exynos4. Worth paying a little extra and getting RK3066 tablet!!!

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#43 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

Sorry to disagree, A10 devices are far from irrelevant. At this stage the problem is not with the hardware it is with the software. The industry may believe that the A10 has had it's brief moment yet here we have a SoC that is every bit Raspberry Pi and it's irrelevant? - I expect if all that matters is how fast some "heavy" game plays, then we all lose, especially those that believe that pure muscle is the way to win.

Off topic for sure, just irritates me this game of peewee hockey about the next thing without making the previous things work properly.
Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.

#44 bobo9900

bobo9900

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

I'm wondering how much battery drain when sleep when you said pretty high?
I own a w17pro, dualcore AMLogic 8726-MX, and I'm getting 1% drain every 2-3 hours when device is sleeping. I'm using free apps Battery Monitor Widget from market to monitor battery usage.

For those who curious about the 3D performance, it plays riptide gp smoothly. Shadowgun pretty smooth. Slightly lag when playing amazing spiderman.
For battery, it last about 4hours when playing 3D games non-stop until it shutdown with 20% brightness.
When playing 720p mkv, it can last 6hours+ with 20% brightness.
The LCD on w17pro is not so good, and 20% brightness is usable in slightly dimmed room.
The battery is 3200mAh.
I wonder how long this Pipo can last for non-stop gaming.

#45 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

Sorry to disagree, A10 devices are far from irrelevant. At this stage the problem is not with the hardware it is with the software. The industry may believe that the A10 has had it's brief moment yet here we have a SoC that is every bit Raspberry Pi and it's irrelevant? - I expect if all that matters is how fast some "heavy" game plays, then we all lose, especially those that believe that pure muscle is the way to win.

Off topic for sure, just irritates me this game of peewee hockey about the next thing without making the previous things work properly.

I will agree with the annoyance factor in regards to chipsets never properly being developed for :)... But I think even the most recent and highly optimized ICS implementations of the A10 don't perform extraordinarily well on a 9.7" 1024x768 screen. There is a VERY really difference in feel when you go from the A10 to the RK3066 for EVERYTHING, not just high-end gaming... I mean EVERYTHING. I actually use Google Music (with my 40 gb of music in the cloud) now because it loads SO much faster. The A10 could never do it. The internet is the same way. This isn't a WiFi speed issue either, this is a processing muscle issue. The A10 just didn't quite have the oomph needed for high-res displays. The best fit for that chipset was probably the Momo 9 which had a 7" 800x480 screen and ran Android 2.3 very well. The Aurora was a close follow-up representing the A10 running ICS fairly well. I tested and sold several 9.7" A10 powered devices.

If you are looking at two $200+ devices and the price difference between them is less than $20 (a la' A10's vs RK3066 9.7" units) then I would argue that, yes, at this point the A10 is irrelevant.

If you are looking at two similarly equipped 7" units, one A10 and one RK3066 and the difference is $50 - $80 in price... then in that case... yes, the A10 probably still has a place.

I totally hear you though. I wish that China would actually "complete" one project before starting the next.

I should state though, that in day-to-day use, not just gaming, the RK3066 "raw muscle" makes an absolutely gigantic difference in how I use my tablet.

Respectfully :)

Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#46 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

8726-MX/M6 = 2 x Mali400 @ 400 MHz = 2 x 400 = 800 available GPU MHz plus two cores doing the work
RK3066 = 4 x Mali400 @ 266 MHz = 4 x 266 = 1064 available GPU MHz plus 4 cores doing the work

Biggest issue with 8726-MX is heat though. So, many tablet makers clocking them @ 1.2 GHz. RK3066 still runs good @ 1.6 GHz. 1.2 to 1.6 is a 400 MHz speed difference ie, Aurora2 vs U30GT. 1.2 to 1.4 is 200 MHz speed difference.

CPUs should get roughly same performance +/- 5% at the same clock speed. Difference is that RK3066 is running at higher clock speed.

8726-MX is still good chip but only if you get the tablet for about 25% less than RK3066 tablet. Otherwise I would go with RK3066 instead. Not worth paying same price for 8726-MX as you would for RK3066 tablet.

PS, both 8726-MX & RK3066 outperform Tegra2 & OMAP4. 8726-MX is more mid-end dual core & RK3066 is high-end dual core. RK3066 competes pretty close with Tegra3 & Exynos4. Worth paying a little extra and getting RK3066 tablet!!!

Thanks much for the corrections on hardware specs as always :). I often tend to muck things up lol.

-Ayn Rand

#47 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

I'm wondering how much battery drain when sleep when you said pretty high?
I own a w17pro, dualcore AMLogic 8726-MX, and I'm getting 1% drain every 2-3 hours when device is sleeping. I'm using free apps Battery Monitor Widget from market to monitor battery usage.

For those who curious about the 3D performance, it plays riptide gp smoothly. Shadowgun pretty smooth. Slightly lag when playing amazing spiderman.
For battery, it last about 4hours when playing 3D games non-stop until it shutdown with 20% brightness.
When playing 720p mkv, it can last 6hours+ with 20% brightness.
The LCD on w17pro is not so good, and 20% brightness is usable in slightly dimmed room.
The battery is 3200mAh.
I wonder how long this Pipo can last for non-stop gaming.

You "sleep power drain" sounds much much better than mine. I would guess that I lose about 30% over an 8 hour period? So about 3% an hour?

I usually do all my testing on max brightness for tablets just for consistency. I think if you crank the brightness up you are going to have not so wonderful run times :(. I think Antutu benchmark has a battery benchmark that is supposed to be good (maxes the processor until the unit shuts down and keeps track of the run time). I might give that a go. I expect the run-time under those conditions to be pretty short though (maybe 3 and half to 4 hours?. One are the Tegra III still stomps all over the RK3066 is the power drain for sure. I still think the RK3066 is the better value for your dollar in the 9"+ space though at this point.

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#48 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

I can sure try but trust me they don't really listen to me lol. I sell hundreds (in a good quarter) not thousands :( so my voice is pretty small. I think if I owned a tablet factory in China and had control over the manufacturing process and QA I could create a company that would kick the respective arses of all other Chinese companies (at least as far as sales in the West went) as the Chinese fundamentally for the most part still just don't have a clue about the Western consumer market. It blows my mind when I talk to factories that are developing Dual-Core AmLogic 7" tablets and pairing them with TFT-LCD screens and expecting them to compete with other chinese tablets using the same hardware but with IPS screens. Or factories still doing this with the A10 platform... :( C'mon people, we have $90 dual-core devices floating around at this point. Your $85 A10 is now irrelevant.

Sorry for the rant... :)

Roman

Yes you make a good point. I sold my Sanei N90 (A10 based 9.7" tablet) not long after I bought it a few months ago after reading a post by Nickos-V about the upcoming RK3066 and other SOCs. This spurred me on to get the RK3066 section up and running on Slatedroid and also to seek out and buy a tablet based on this SOC (Cube U30GT). Right now I cannot see why anyone would buy an A10 based device yet there are still plenty on sale. From day one my Cube has been far superior to the Sanei in every respect despite numerous Sanei firmware updates.

The Pipo M1 sounds like a great tablet but I am also quite interested in the U1 which I think may be the first 7 inch Chinese tablet to run Jelly Bean out of the box and it also has a 1280 x 800 display. Looks like it may be out around middle of August. I feel a head to head coming on with my Nexus 7 ;)

Jez

Edited by Jezzer, 27 July 2012 - 03:00 AM.

Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#49 lanosalf

lanosalf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

If you have excessive power drain while in sleep, it is probably because the tablet is not entering deep sleep.
As an introduction i can tell you this: There is something called wakelock, as the name suggest, it is a mechanism that is used by any app or by the android OS itself to prevent sleep of the tablet (it is locked in awake state partially). So for example if you are downloading some file from internet and you push the power button to enter sleep, the tablet don't go completely to deep sleep and only shut down the screen and continue the file download. That is great and there are a lot of other example that could be beneficial of this use of wakelocks.
The problem is that it is very common that unwanted apps don't release wakelocks or even the kernel itself is not releasing the wakelocks, preventing the tablet to enter deep sleep and just power down only the screen, causing battery drain while in sleep. When an app is the cause of this "problem" you just need to identify the app and delete it. If the problem is caused by a wakelock not released from the Kernel itself, it is a firmware issue and i don't know if in this case could be solved without flashing a new kernel(perhaps it is possible, i don't know)

There is a way to track down if the power drain is caused by this problem, you can use an app called BetterBatteryStats

Read this:
http://www.xda-devel...erbatterystats/
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1179809
http://forum.xda-dev.../wiki/Wakelocks
http://asksven.githu...Base/howto.html
etc...

I recommend also to read this: how it is solved this problem in the galaxy note after ICS update:
http://www.allaboutg...ur-galaxy-note/

obviously you can google for more info about this wakelock issue. There is plenty of info about this, cause is big problem in android, and not only in china tabs. Of course that when this happen to a branded tab/phone the problem is probably solved faster, because of the larger community or a new firmware release by the manufacturer, neither of which is available regularly in china tab....
It is really a big problem in android, think of an android phone with this problem, it is very bad in this case because generally you want your phone turned on and to be available all time, if you have this problem you will need to charge it every now and then...

Pd: if indeed this is the problem, i wonder if this is happening in all of the RK3066 tablets or only on the pipo

PD2:

I wish that China would actually "complete" one project before starting the next.

I wish this too. But meanwhile the "business" is working for them this way, i don't fell they will change the way they do things.

Edited by lanosalf, 27 July 2012 - 03:34 AM.

#50 sere83

sere83

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:25 AM

Thanks for the info guys. To be honest Rockchips in general have always had pretty bad battery drain. The Allwinner A10 was always better than the RK2918 when it came to battery drain. The older AMLogics we're pretty bad too but the MX/M6 seems to have improved a fair bit, although now they have the heat issue.

The Pipo U1 does look great on paper but i've seen pre-orders popping up for $169.99, definitely not worth it for US customers over a Nexus 7 but here in the UK a 16Gb Nexus 7 cost $313! Put that into context with the Ramso W17Pro which is selling for around $100 now! You could buy 3 of them for the price of a 16GB Nexus 7 here!

Would really like to see some of the hardcore over at XDA jump on one of these tabs, as the RK3066 really is beastly.

#51 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

I have some good news! The Battery Meter is terribly inaccurate! Why is that good news? Because I went to bed last night and the device was at 15%... It was at 5% this morning and I have been using it pretty much all morning at 5%. What I miss-took for bad battery life was actually a battery meter that is draining faster than it should! Woot!

-Ayn Rand

#52 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for the info guys. To be honest Rockchips in general have always had pretty bad battery drain. The Allwinner A10 was always better than the RK2918 when it came to battery drain. The older AMLogics we're pretty bad too but the MX/M6 seems to have improved a fair bit, although now they have the heat issue.

The Pipo U1 does look great on paper but i've seen pre-orders popping up for $169.99, definitely not worth it for US customers over a Nexus 7 but here in the UK a 16Gb Nexus 7 cost $313! Put that into context with the Ramso W17Pro which is selling for around $100 now! You could buy 3 of them for the price of a 16GB Nexus 7 here!

Would really like to see some of the hardcore over at XDA jump on one of these tabs, as the RK3066 really is beastly.

The thing about the nexus 7, that we won't be seeing on China Tabs anytime soon I am sure, is all the additional gadgetry... you have NFC, GPS, and a Compass all built in and I am sure Light Sensor as well as a few other bits and pieces. It is a very hard device to compete against. All that and, ironically, no HDMI out (I don't think) and no MicroSD card slot (I know that for sure).

Cheers,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#53 janesh

janesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationthe netherlands

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

......................Nexus 7.....Galaxy Tab 7.7....Transformer Pad Infinity....Window N70

Vellamo......1,706..........1,215.....................1,573.....................................1,650

Sunspider...1,711..........1,993.....................1,745................................... 1,829
GL Egypt........63...............47.........................75.......................................102
Off(fps)
CF bench ..11,620.........7,135.....................8,357.....................................8,921
Geekbench2.1570....................................................................................1525
Antutu..........8761....................................................................................8138

I compared my Window N70 with a comparison of the nexus 7 with some upponents on engadged.
The Window N70 does perform very well, and i use it more than my nexus 7 which I bougt in the UK.
Quadrant score of nexus 7 is about 3700 and Window N70 scored 4200. In the browsermark the nexus 7 scored 114268 and the de N70 131563.
The screen of the Window N70 is outside more usefull and brigther than Nexus 7 and wifi reach is also better than the Nexus 7.

I wonder if you noticed my post above in a N70 thread, where i compared my window N70 with the tegra 3 kai in the Nexus 7.

Also very interesting is the upcoming 7 inch Pipo U1 with jelly bean, RK3066, 1200*800 and 16Gb

Edited by janesh, 28 July 2012 - 05:20 AM.

On order, nothing, and am i am finished with Chinese cpu's, i prefer my exynos devices.
Favorites, in order of use, Samsung galaxy note 8 inch, Ramos W42, Ployer Momo11 quad exynos 4412.
Sold last months, PiPo U1, Teclast P85, PiPo S2, Teclast P85HD, Cube mini U30GT, Yuandao Vido N80IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero ii: very bad, Ployer Momo12, Onda V812, Yuandao Vido N80 RK3188, Teclast P88, Google Nexus 7-8Gb, PiPo M8pro RK3188, Chuwi V88 RK3188, Samsung galaxy tab 7.7, Ployer Momo8 IPS, Yuandao Window N70, BB playbook.
And: You know we all became mathematicians for the same reason: we were lazy.

#54 ernesto123

ernesto123

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

HI ROMAN,
I am one of those VERY HAPPY USERS of the software upgrade you did for the marvelous Onda Vi40!!!
Now I am with dual core RK3066 (Aoson M11) that I needed to buy now. I even checked your site to see if you were selling any new dual core......
The software you included in your upgrade of the Vi40 was so well choosen that I want to follow the same route and installed some of the ones you used.

So I have a couple of questions for you:
I can not find in play.google.com the following:
Google Play Music
Super HD Player & Moboplayer. I did find Moboplayer but NOT the other one.

Last: Please post which you choose as the best Internet Browser for the 3066 insted of the Boat Browser Mini and of course the best Launcher you choose.
Hey, thanks Roman!!!!!
Ernesto

#55 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

Those bechmark results are awesome :-) . The nexus 7 does have a higher res screen than the n70. I think the PIPO U1 will be a fairer comparison. All that being said, I am astounded by the rk3066s performance and aside from app compatability issues and battery life, I think it is the better mobile chipset vs the T3.

Cheers,

Roman

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

-Ayn Rand

#56 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

Okay, so the odd thing about the PIPO WiFi (and odd it is... I have never seen this?) is that the speed just "drops off" (as shown by running speedtests at multiple distances) once I am a certain distance from the router, but the really weird thing is that the Signal Strength (as reported by WiFi Analyzer) is still pretty much the exact same as if I am standing next to the bloody router (where speed is excellent...). So basically I will still have a strong connection to the router... but data doesn't get through? This has almost certainly gotta be software/firmware I would think?

Thoughts?

Roman

EDIT: Okay... I will revise this... At a distance... the signal strength/speed jumps like crazy! One minute speedtest can't even ping, the next minute you can hit "test again" and easily pull 6 MBPS down (I get about 8 - 9 MBPS down right next to the router as I only have 10 MBPS internet). It is the oddest thing, like Android is constantly regulating the WiFi up and down. Is there a way to set the Wifi to "max" all the time?

EDIT2: Oh Geeze! I just tested a "network signal booster app" and it VASTLY improved my results! I was quite surprised... Standing outside my building where I had a connection before but speedtest would't even complete... I was able to get up to .5 MB/s after using the app. In the back room of our building where I was getting the sporadic signal with occasional 6 MB/s I was able to get a pretty solid 7 - 8 MB/s test with speedtest.... Hmmm... how do I get my WiFi to be like this ALL the time?

Edited by Roman2025, 30 July 2012 - 12:15 AM.

-Ayn Rand

#57 sere83

sere83

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

There's a 4.1 Jelly bean upgrade on the way for you soon too apparently...

http://1pad.cn/2012/0731/7348.html

I also have just spied this lovely looking tab from Acho...

http://1pad.cn/2012/0730/7339.html

Roman, do you know anything about the build quality/firmware support etc of Acho tablets?

Edited by sere83, 31 July 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#58 MAX Reitzel

MAX Reitzel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

Roman2025, I've read through several posts on this forum for a couple of days. In the end it's a choice between an Aoson M11 and this new baby PIPO you have been giving great info on.

I'm a heavy ebook reader as well as PDF Magazines so my choice is in the end a 4:3 9.7" tablet.
I've tried 16:9 tablets but they're not very well suited for reading magz pdf's and found that 4:3 is the way to go.

Would you say that PIPO will be the right choice to make regarding using it as a ebook reader as well as checking emails and surfing?
I know you're checking it out now, but what's your impression of the screen and also does it get very hot to hold after a couple of hours reading or just holding it?

I'll be happy to get just an early impression from you. :rolleyes:
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Winston Churchill

#59 MAX Reitzel

MAX Reitzel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

There's a 4.1 Jelly bean upgrade on the way for you soon too apparently...

http://1pad.cn/2012/0731/7348.html

I also have just spied this lovely looking tab from Acho...

http://1pad.cn/2012/0730/7339.html

Roman, do you know anything about the build quality/firmware support etc of Acho tablets?

Sounds great with an update to 4.1 and voice recognition bit :rofl:
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Winston Churchill

#60 axeteve

axeteve

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

Currently I find these three deals very tempting.

Pipo U1 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean DualCore Quad Mali 400 RK3066 /1GB/16GB /1280x800 IPS $152 on tiny deal dot com
http://translate.goo...pc-p-62777.html

Yuandao N70 Android 4.0.4 DualCore Quad Mali 400 RK3066 /1GB /16GB/1024x600 IPS $136 on buy sku dot com
http://www.buysku.co...-wifi-hdmi.html

Ainol Elf II Android 4.0.4 DualCore Dual Mali 400 Amlogic 8726-M6 /1GB/8GB /1024x600 $113 on buy sku dot com
http://www.buysku.co...dmi-camera.html

......................Nexus 7......Galaxy Tab 7.7.........Transformer TF700..............Window N70...........Pipo U1........Ainol Elf2

Vellamo............1,706..........1,215.....................1,573.................................1,650....................NA....................NA

Sunspider.........1,711..........1,993.....................1,745.................................1,829....................NA....................NA

GL Egypt............63..............47..........................75.....................................102.......................NA....................NA

Off(fps)
CF bench ..........11,620.........7,135.....................8,357.................................8,921...................NA....................NA

Geekbench2.......1,570................................................................................1,525...................NA....................NA

Antutu...............8,761................................................................................8,138...................NA....................NA

benchmark table via @janesh (reformat tweaks by myself :))

Guys pls add data further to the list.

Edited by axeteve, 01 August 2012 - 05:10 PM.