Pipo Max M1 - Initial Impressions - Top Notch Tablets

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#281 Jagt Mirage

Jagt Mirage

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

I just got my M1 direct from China and so far so good. No dead pixels that I can find. The battery was a concern based on alot of feedback on this forum but if the battery power keeps up the way its been, then I think I'm going to be satisfied with it. I received the unit with 30% battery left, which according to the battery status was charged 8 days ago. I want to fully discharge before charging and thus far the battery is draining real slow. I used it for over 2 hours watching video and reading and it's only down to 18%. Hope this keeps up. It only came with ICS but as soon as fully charge it I'll update it to TNT3. Wifi is fairly good. Comparable to my GS3. HD playback is great.

I'll answer my own question earlier in this thread. OTG works well with external NTFS HD but only with my 3 1/2 HD. My 1 TB 2 1/2 won't work. I'm guessing it's a power issue that the OTG port can't supply enough juice for the USB powered 2 1/2 but the 3 1/2 with it's own power supply works fine.

so far.. loving it. Hope TNT3 and JB makes it even better.

#282 mr_brrightside

mr_brrightside

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

Hi, guys. I'm planning to buy this tablet and i'm not familiar with android. Can I ask if this tablet can pair a bluetooth mouse and a keyboard at the same time?

#283 sportsterhd2009

sportsterhd2009

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

I ordered the Pipo M1 on Dec. 16 and can't wait to get it. Was wondering if anybody knows if the internal storage is soldered on the mainboard or if it is a MicroSD card like the Flytouch.

#284 jozefrockz

jozefrockz

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Hi, guys. I'm planning to buy this tablet and i'm not familiar with android. Can I ask if this tablet can pair a bluetooth mouse and a keyboard at the same time?

I think this is possible as wireless keyboard and mouse works perfectly via OTG so bluetooth should do well.

Sent from my M1 using Tapatalk HD

#285 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

It should be able to. I haven't tested it but I did test this on an N101 II and it worked just fine. The boards are all very similar for RK3066 so it should be okay.
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#286 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

I ordered the Pipo M1 on Dec. 16 and can't wait to get it. Was wondering if anybody knows if the internal storage is soldered on the mainboard or if it is a MicroSD card like the Flytouch.

Soldered.

Pretty much all the new boards are.
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#287 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

Hi Roman, just installed the TNT3 FW release, awesome!
Battery drain is quiet high though and the meter is VERY inaccurate..
What is the average battery life of the Pipo? I wish to compare it to mine..
Browsing at max brightness life
Gaming at max brightness
video at max brightness

Any clarifications greatly appreciated :)

If you have a MicroSD card in the external slot all of the time... don't.

I use a Yuandao N90 II as my personal tablet of choice/daily driver and it has excellent battery life... until I started leaving a MicroSD card in the slot all the time. It killed battery life, especially during sleep.

Make sure you are getting a full charge in before testing.

Run times could be as short as 3 1/2 hours I would guess under full-load with max brightness (so 3D gaming with WiFi on, speakers maxxed, brightness maxxed). Average users should pull down around 5 - 6 hours of use, not including sleep.

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#288 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Hi all

I didnt find a better post to place my question.
I saw that carnivore opened the case of the Pipo M1 and I need some help.

My charging connector have some play and sometime is not charging besides the cable charger is aparently connected. I need to change the plug inside my Pipo

I have my Pipo since 3 weeks ago and dont want to send it to china and dont even think I need to take it to an eletronic reparation shop as changing the conector is an easy thing for me.

The problem is that I removed the two screws on the right side, but dont know how to open it. Its not so easy.

I could do it forcing a bit or maybe scratching the surface but that would be a pity :o . Could someone give me any piece of advice┬┐

Thanks

Get an plastic iphone Pry tool and work around the metal plate on the back. It clips into the plastic ring and should come out with a little bit of work. I have opened up several of them now and they are one of the more easier models to get into.

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#289 Darth1960

Darth1960

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Hello Roman - please can you tell me if there is another place to download your firmware, because the download area is out of action...
Many thanks for work!

Howard.

#290 jsm

jsm

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hello Roman - please can you tell me if there is another place to download your firmware, because the download area is out of action...
Many thanks for work!

Howard.

Topnotchtablets.com/support

Just click on the firmware button.

#291 joaos

joaos

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

Good to hear the Pipo M1 can seemingly do what a galaxy tab 2 can do and slightly better, but what I want to know is, can it handle PDFs like an ipad or is it condemned like all androids to not be any good at pdf reading?

#292 Tomaron

Tomaron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

Hi,

Could you please clarify what you mean by "like an iPad"? What functionality is it you are looking for? Cheers.

Sent from my M1 using Tapatalk 2

#293 rubiohiguey

rubiohiguey

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Roman,

after several months of having access to both Pipo Max M1 and Yuandao N90 II
- which would you personally recommend to a young entrepreneur, one day per week on the road, but mainly interested to use for reading PDF ebooks (at home) and taking it on the road instead of notebook computer.

P.S. I currently have rooted Nook Color, which I like for games and EPUB, but PDF is very difficult to read on it ... so far I ahve preferred to actually print out PDF than to read on Nook Color ...

I understand form your previous comparison post that
N90II has better screen and better wifi
N90II battery is more reliable
PIPO MAX M1 is sturdier and does not scratch that easily
PIPO MAX M1 has better connector layout
PIPO MAX M1 has more stable firmware and is easier to modify roms
PIPO MAX M1 looks better because of aluminium case
N90II is lighter
PIPO MAX M1 has better quality control, according to your post
N90II still has not its act 100% together (my impression from some of your posts).

After 4-5 months of experience (since when you started to compare these two) which would be YOUR personal decision on the tablet for MY intended use + easyness to remove all Chinese bloatware, so would it be N90II or MAX M1 ?

Thank you.

#294 joaos

joaos

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

Hi,

Could you please clarify what you mean by "like an iPad"? What functionality is it you are looking for? Cheers.

Sent from my M1 using Tapatalk 2

In a number of comparison videos on youtube and elsewhere, ipad shows that it can quickly scroll downwards through the pdf at full speed and the text/picture will always be there. But all androids I've looked at, when they do actually scroll downwards they first show a blank page and then a second or two later load the text/picture

#295 Tomaron

Tomaron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

I will load a pdf on and have a try when I get home from work today (didn't take it with me). From the top of my head I can't remember having this issue though.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

#296 PIPOUSER

PIPOUSER

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

In a number of comparison videos on youtube and elsewhere, ipad shows that it can quickly scroll downwards through the pdf at full speed and the text/picture will always be there. But all androids I've looked at, when they do actually scroll downwards they first show a blank page and then a second or two later load the text/picture

Haven't got an M1 now but tried it on the PIPO S2 with the same processing capability as the M1 using a 140 page pdf with text and graphics streamed from the hard disk on my PC using ES File Explorer and Docs To Go. What you have described doesn't happen until I scroll at very high speed - around 10 - 20 pages a second. After 20 pages there are some blank pages for less than a second but this may be due to the wireless transfer and automatic caching on the SD card. I can't read at 20 pages a second so it certainly isn't an issue for me.
Should do a proper test with the same pdf already transferred to the tablet, but it would only show an improvement.

#297 sLapz

sLapz

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

I would like to ask, these FW really don't have Docks?

#298 wolan82

wolan82

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

I'm hoping that someone still looking into this post as I would like to ask about Pipo Max 1 PRO version.

#299 AngePIPo

AngePIPo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:18 AM

Hi
I bought my 2 daughters pipo max M1 for Xmas last yr 2012 , apart from the sound being rubbish ( they use for music and youtube ) thought these were pretty good for the money,
Now they both have no wifi, to be fair one of my daughters dropped hers so the case is slightly damaged. But now the others has stopped working, wifi is grey and says it's connected but not ! Tried wps on router but still nothing ! We have an ipad and laptops in the house and wifi is no issue there... Also have fibre optic BT so really shouldn't be an issue
Any help but a totally non technie woman like me ? Please

#300 wolan82

wolan82

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

If you bought it last Xmas u should still have warranty for it. I will say that the one that was dropped might have damaged WiFi chip or disconnected antena. Just my guess