Model: CHUWI V8 Extreme Edition
CPU: Allwinner A10, 1.5GHZ, ARM Cortex A8, Vivante GC800 GPU,Flash 10.3
Memory: 1GB DDR3
Nandflash: 16GB
Extended: TF card ; U disk, support TF card up to 32GB max
LCD Display: 8 inch LVDS Super high definition capacitive screen, 1024*768
Touch Screen: 5-point capacitive touch screen
Camera: Dual camera, front 0.3MP and rear 2.0MP
Internet: Built-in Ethernet, support WIFI (802.11 a/b/g/n)
3G: support external 3G module
I/O ports: USB port, Headphone Jack, TF card slot, HDMI port
Audio:
Built in speaker
Built-in MIC
LED indicators: Power; charging
Key-press: Power on/off,Menu, Back, Home
HDMI: Support
Audio format: MP3,WMA,OGG,FLAC,WAV,APE
Video format: Supports RM, RMVB, AVI, H.264, H.263, MKV and other formats
HD video: support 2160P, 3840 × 2160 resolution
Ebook format: PDF/TXT/CHM/DOC/EXCEL/EPUB/RTF/FB2
Image format: JPEG,BMP,GIF,PNG etc
G-sensor: 3 axis 12 Bit gravity sensor, and the screen to be automatic four directions to display
Battery capacity: 3.7V 3800mA/h
Max battery time: Wifi on: 3-5 hours
Power charger: AC100-240V.50-60HZ, DC12V 2A output
Games: Playing cards, angry birds etc.
Languages: Czech, Dansk, German, English, Spanish, Russian, French, Italian,
Dutch, Norwegian, Polski, Greek, Portuguese, Svenska, Turkey, Korean,
Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
size: 212 X 156X 12MM
Weight: 520g

Overall I have a feel of a solid product, it is a really thin tablet compared to my herotab mid816R2, and it seems less cheaper, I mean the plastic feels solid, harder (I don't know how to explain)
The screen reacts really fast, maybe a little too fast for me actually.
I got it delivered for less of 150USD to France (actually less than 140 there was a discount code)

But the bad point of it is definitly the battery, to save it a little I am on plane mode most of the time (only use wifi to dl appz from the market), and I put the luminosity to a very low level; even with that the battery runs really fast.........
I wrote a mail to Chuwi to ask if they will update the firmware to remove for instance gsm as this tablet doesn't have a sim place....and to let them know that I am truly disappointed over the battery, I hope they will reply with good news.

Here are some pics, and with this you'll understand why you mustn't buy this tablet....the battery looses 1% each minute....so if I start at 100% I gave 100 minutes of autonomy (in airplane mode....)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Boule2Riz, 14 July 2012 - 04:45 AM.

#2 NightWatch

NightWatch

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Try EyeOnComputer or Sausage script. Use the option; "Disable battery draining services" Or manually change the names of telephony.apk and other cell related apks and restart..

#3 Boule2Riz

Boule2Riz

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

Thanks I tried everything I can nothing worked, I was so disgusted I sold it to a friend for a 10 years old boy son, for less than half of its price...
The child is happy, my friend is happy and I am free. I prefer loose money but get my mind at ease.
Maybe I ll take a sanei n83 or a ampe 85 instead.

#4 first rocrider

first rocrider

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

Hi
I just bought a Chuwi V8HD from china with all its manuals being in Chinese. the thing is I putted the maze lock then I forgot it and it was locked, and now asking me to sign in with my google account.
I'd sign in with my google account but the problem is that the tablet is in airplane mode so I can't connect to any kind of internet in order to login with my google account, nor I can use any setting to turn off airplane mode or factory reset by soft reseting.
If only someone could tell me the combination of the buttons for Chuwi V8HD in order to do a hard reset I'd be really grateful, or the combination to go to recovery menu.
Thank you guys very much for your time

#5 first rocrider

first rocrider

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Sorry to bother, but really guys I'm in need of help and I couldn't find it anywhere else. I tried every two buttons with power many many times. I'm really desperate now. Maybe the price of this tablet seems to be low but that was a budget for me. I'm not that noob but I'm new to tablets or even smart phones. I always could pass my way through any problem happened to me in linux but I can't find any way to fix this tablet and I've been searching the net or trying things on the tablet all day long for last 3 days. Please if you know the answer or know someone who may be able to help me, don't hesitate.
Thank you very much for your time

#6 Boule2Riz

Boule2Riz

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:38 AM

Sorry I can't help you, this tablet was my worst buy ever and now it isn't in my possession anymore I don't know where you can press to fix it.
And yes it is a budget to buy a tablet I understand you.

#7 first rocrider

first rocrider

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:56 AM

Thank you very much sir.
at least you gave me an answer.
now I'm trying to find its firmware so I can flash it.
Thank you so much anyways :)

#8 first rocrider

first rocrider

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

The only place I could find the firmware for chuwi v8hd was a chinese site which needed a 115.com account to download from it.
In order to go to sign up in 115.com you have to put a chinese phone number and wait for an sms, and after the sms is sent, you have 90 seconds to add the code to sign up, after 90 the code gets expired.
I sent an e-mail to the factory, no answer after 4 days. The download page in Chuwi.com is an empty page, the only thing you can download there, is a test file which is an empty text file.
This tablet has very very low to no support at all, at least for non-chinese people. I strongly recommend you guys do not buy it and be as far of it as possible.
Its a shame how they go away just after they sold it to you.

#9 Boule2Riz

Boule2Riz

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:31 AM

Hello found this one on a russian board, but I am not sure it will work still it's a clue http://depositfiles....files/ofyemyuzo
And finally my friend gave it back to me cause it is too slow for her child to play at angry birds....
I ll also try this firmware I am downloading it right now, cause I don't know what they did (yes I know they formatted it using livesuite) and now it is just a black screen and nothing else...awesome totally awesome ....

#10 Boule2Riz

Boule2Riz

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

Ok I tried it and it worked the tablet is back to normal, it even seems there is a slight amelioration on the battery life....(it seems i am not sure yes), the market seems nearly fully unable >>> I can't access to chrome but I can access to angry birds HD for instance.
Good Luck !

#11 Roman1977

Roman1977

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

It took a reset - Hard reset CHUWI V13
Began to press in different order button and the volume + or -
As a result, there was a window of settings and tests (sound, screen, sensors)
In the menu, choose 2 and pressed the button in the left column, second from the top
Tablet reboot and reset setting
More repeat this combination I could not
If anyone can help - try it!

#12 khoaphung

khoaphung

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

hello Boule2Riz.

i have tablet chuwi v8 hd, and crashes boot now, i can't found stock room of chuwi and flashtool, can you help me?

my contact: ***email removed by mod***

thank you verry much.

p/s: i'm a viet nam, sorry if my english not good.

Edited by omarahum, 25 May 2014 - 04:02 PM.
Please do not post your personal email on the forums. Thank you!