T02A Tablet - Hangs at Android Screen

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 data457

data457

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

I have stumbled upon this thread because of the magic of google.

I am hoping you all could help me with the same exact situation.

I am currently able to boot the tablet into recovery mode ( Holding VOL+ and then rapidly hitting the power button whilst inserting the USB connection)

However, every attempt at every version of LiveSuit (from 1.05, 1.07, 1.09, and 1.11) I haven't been able to get LiveSuit to do anything to it because it continously shows this error "No Device Needs Upgrade!"

Posted Image

I also run into the problem where `adb` just totally doesn't see my T02 in either Recovery Mode or Hanging Android Logo mode

I currently only have access to a Mac laptop and am doing this all first with Virtual Box, but I just got these errors; thinking it was that I tried upgrading my software to VMWare Fusion, but I am getting exactly the same errors. I even tried several flavors of windows, starting with XP and even up to WIN8

Please, if anyone is still in this thread that could help me out here I would greatly appreciate it!!

#22 Marian25

Marian25

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

HI everybody.

I'm a total noob at this and I had the same problem with other users in this thread: my Eken t02a tablet hanged on boot logo.
After documenting myself quite a lot about this issue, I've managed to flash the original rom with the update from eken website, via livesuit (using win xp x86...did not worked for me in win7x64).
The device started and everything was up and running just fine, until it started typing things by itself and after 10 minutes or so, the battery went dead.
After charging it all night, I've started the tablet next morning and it seemed to work fine until it dropped dead once again after 10 minutes.

AT the moment, the thing is working only connected to a power source (eighter power charger or usb) and it shuts itself down whenever I start a game (angry birds for example).

I'm struggling to get cyanogenmod into this thing, but it seems like I just can't boot into recovery mode. Using Novo7 tools with "Recovery" option just reboots the device into a logo with a Android robot with a checkmark on its open belly and then nothing happens.
I've also tried all the holding and releasing buttons possible...still no result.

What I did: I've copied the following files into the root of the internal sdcard:

cm9-c97-rom-20121005-fixed.rar
gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
t02_compatibility_1.2.0.zip
Recovery.img

I've also installed Terminal emulator which showed me that the device has 502 MB for the system partition. Using this app I've also tried several complicated comands that christiantroy shared on this thread.

I'm really on the edge of dumping this piece of crap to the trash since I've lost way to much time trying to fix it.
If everyone here can help me fix the damn thing, it'll be highly appreciated...especially from my 3 years old daughter which uses it 99% of the time.

Thank you in advance and sorry for this long post.

#23 data457

data457

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

I am currently able to boot the tablet into recovery mode ( Holding VOL+ and then rapidly hitting the power button whilst inserting the USB connection)

However, every attempt at every version of LiveSuit (from 1.05, 1.07, 1.09, and 1.11) I haven't been able to get LiveSuit to do anything to it because it continously shows this error "No Device Needs Upgrade!"

Posted Image

I also run into the problem where `adb` just totally doesn't see my T02 in either Recovery Mode or Hanging Android Logo mode

I currently only have access to a Mac laptop and am doing this all first with Virtual Box, but I just got these errors; thinking it was that I tried upgrading my software to VMWare Fusion, but I am getting exactly the same errors. I even tried several flavors of windows, starting with XP and even up to WIN8

Please, if anyone is still in this thread that could help me out here I would greatly appreciate it!!

I finally have been able to flash the original firmware for my T02 (from the Eken website) using PheonixCard. In case someone stumbles upon this thread here is a mirror for PheonixUSB, it's eventually going to contain all that is necessary to get my tablet working with C10.

After flashing however, I wasn't able to use the touchscreen at all. I first thought it was a flashing issue but upon investigating the back of my tablet which I ripped off in an effort to see why it wasn't booting (before being able to flash with PheonixUSB). I had unintentionally ripped the flex cable that attached the screen to the main board.

Would anyone know how I could fix this cable? I was thinking I could just resolder some sort of extension to the connector, but if you look closely the connector on the board has more pin outs than the flex cable seems to have had originally (i can see where someone had originally scrapped off the plastic to solder the original connector.)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Marian25

Marian25

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

hei data 457...sorry to hear about your hardware problem. Hope you can fix it. I was wondering if you can tell me the name for the battery since I suspect mine is gone and I was thinking to search for a replacement.
Thanks.

#25 sskim

sskim

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

That's indeed very true and I thank you a lot for this very useful information. BUT if you "want this stupid thing" just to be fixed it is not as useful as to just provide the attached fixed zip file (use it inside cwm, based on Christian's original file).

Don't get me wrong... but if you just want to install CWM and this is your first A10 based tablet it is work to getting into it. Hopefully it will be useful to somebody...

Hi,

I managed to install and run CWM but could not undestand where and how I should use the fix zip file you sent. Can you please explain it better? I can't use SD card, just putting in the files won't help since when in the recovery mode it doesn't mount the card.

#26 fender

fender

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

Hi everyone.

I have a T02A Android tablet,my problem ; Touch screen will not response after sleep mode. so must off power for normal again.
I use ics 4.0.3, base Version 1.0.1,kernel 3.0.8+.
I've tried factory reset,but still problem ; Touch screen will not response after sleep mode. :(
What must I do to fix this?
thank's before.

Hi everyone.

I have a T02A Android tablet, my problem is : Touch screen will not response after sleep mode.
I use ics 4.0.3 , baseband version 1.0.1, kernel 3.8.0+
I've tried factory reset, and flash sun4i_crane_t02a_mxc622x_v1.2 use LiveSuit, but still problem.
What must I do to fix this?
Thanks in advance.

sory double post ... -_-

Edited by fender, 09 January 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#27 Elirian

Elirian

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

I have a similar to the original problem. My tablet sticks at android logo and I can issue a recovery the normal way (holding vol.+ and start button). The tablet is the same and so is the android version. I am quite new to these things and i was hoping you could explain how do i use adb properly :)

Thanks in advance!

#28 Mohnish Amarnani

Mohnish Amarnani

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

Hi everyone.

I have a T02A Android tablet, was attempting to flash CM9 and used NOVO7 tool to try and flash recovery. I hit flash recovery image in NOVO7 tool without a recovery.img file being on the card, then selected reboot to recovery and saw an android logo with a red exclamation mark. Then it rebooted and now it's hanging at the "android" logo. What can I do from here, minus the ridiculously stupid mistake on my part? What is the exact button press to enter recovery, or is it done for at this point?

Processor         : ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v71)
BogoMIPS          : 1001.68
Features          : smp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpw3
CPU implementor   : 0x41
CPU architecture  : 7
CPU variant       : 0x3
CPU part          : 0xc08
CPU revision      : 2

Hardware          : sun4i
Revision          : 0000

Model number: T02A
Android version: 4.0.3
Baseband version: 1.2
Kernel version: 3.0.8+ android@Linux #1
Build number: crane_evb_v13-eng 4.0.3 IML74K 20120423 test-keys

Have You tried Flashing the firmware with Phoenix Card ?? Its too simple !! Give it a shot !

#29 agismaniax

agismaniax

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

If you have Eken T02A, try to look this thread with google translate enabled http://www.kaskus.co...drotab-core-3d/ (in Bahasa Indonesia).

#30 ugclever

ugclever

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:05 AM

I can't get my tablet to boot into recovery mode by using that combination. Although it might be because I can't shut it down, I always just get stuck in boot and then I have to kill it by holding the power button for 5-6 seconds. Sometimes that's not even enough and I can only boot after a 20-30 second hold. But it always gets stuck during boot.(and when that happens sometimes it makes repeated fast paced sounds, like a fast heartbeat or some graphical glitches like lines apear and stick.) I also have a button in the mic-hole that i fiddled with without success.

Can someone tell me if you can bring up recovery after a forced shutdown on a working device ? What is the exact combination ? Thanks a lot !

I just tried to see if I could reset it through ADB but it doesn't find the device although it shows up for lsusb.

Edited by ugclever, 15 July 2014 - 12:28 PM.

#31 ugclever

ugclever

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

I finally have been able to flash the original firmware for my T02 (from the Eken website) using PheonixCard. In case someone stumbles upon this thread here is a mirror for PheonixUSB, it's eventually going to contain all that is necessary to get my tablet working with C10.

After flashing however, I wasn't able to use the touchscreen at all. I first thought it was a flashing issue but upon investigating the back of my tablet which I ripped off in an effort to see why it wasn't booting (before being able to flash with PheonixUSB). I had unintentionally ripped the flex cable that attached the screen to the main board.

Would anyone know how I could fix this cable? I was thinking I could just resolder some sort of extension to the connector, but if you look closely the connector on the board has more pin outs than the flex cable seems to have had originally (i can see where someone had originally scrapped off the plastic to solder the original connector.)

skitch.jpg?resizeSmall&width=832
skitch.jpg?resizeSmall&width=832

pkG79.png

I am two years late but in case someone else needs this: data457 was probably just using the wrong USB cable. I got the same error (as far as I remember) until I used an older USB cable. In any case you wanna be sure you have a high-speed USB cable at hand for this, I read people wasted nights because of this.

"I am currently able to boot the tablet into recovery mode ( Holding VOL+ and then rapidly hitting the power button whilst inserting the USB connection)" - I think he was trying to say "update mode". Recovery mode might be something different. Does anyone know the combination ? This is relevant because this tablet has a button behind the microphone hole that is supposed to put the tablet into update mode - but I didn't need to fidle with it.

The right way to flash this tablet is: start livesuit, select image file, hold VOL +, attach cable, hit power a few times, and you'll see livesuit popping up, offering to flash your tablet.

He mentions adb not working - I have a hunch it's not supposed to work until the tablet boots up and enable debugging from settings. So anyone else reading this might not want to bother with that, or maybe confirm me ?

Hint: in case your touchscreen is not working - you can use your mouse till you work around your problem. (find a different image or install compatibility pack.)

Edited by ugclever, 20 July 2014 - 03:03 AM.