• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 sharpshot

sharpshot

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

Hi everyone.

I have a T02A Android tablet, was attempting to flash CM9 and used NOVO7 tool to try and flash recovery. I hit flash recovery image in NOVO7 tool without a recovery.img file being on the card, then selected reboot to recovery and saw an android logo with a red exclamation mark. Then it rebooted and now it's hanging at the "android" logo. What can I do from here, minus the ridiculously stupid mistake on my part? What is the exact button press to enter recovery, or is it done for at this point?

Processor         : ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v71)
BogoMIPS          : 1001.68
Features          : smp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpw3
CPU implementor   : 0x41
CPU architecture  : 7
CPU variant       : 0x3
CPU part          : 0xc08
CPU revision      : 2

Hardware          : sun4i
Revision          : 0000

Model number: T02A
Android version: 4.0.3
Baseband version: 1.2
Kernel version: 3.0.8+ android@Linux #1
Build number: crane_evb_v13-eng 4.0.3 IML74K 20120423 test-keys

Edited by sharpshot, 06 July 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#2 Christian Troy

Christian Troy

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

reflash using livesuit, or if you can reach it through adb follow instructions from my pwn3d rom (where it says how to install cwm from the command line)

If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a donation you can follow this link. Thank you very much.

* Actions ATM7029 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3)
* Allwinner A31 - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Amlogic 8726-MX - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Allwinner A10 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP

tmF4C.png

#3 sharpshot

sharpshot

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:28 AM

Livesuite reports that there is no device to update. Trying to do through ADB now, but will it work while it's just sitting at the android screen? The tablet is recognized in Windows but there's no access to the SDcard or anything.

#4 sharpshot

sharpshot

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

Livesuite reports that there is no device to update. Trying to do through ADB now, but will it work while it's just sitting at the android screen? The tablet is recognized in Windows but there's no access to the SDcard or anything.

Running an ADB shell shows "root@android" does that mean it's accessible? Running the cat /sdcard/recovery.img > /dev/block/nandg command result in "No such file or directory". I put the recovery.img in the root of the sdcard.

I am able to CD to /sdcard/ but I believe that is the internal one. What would be the correct path for the external sd card?

Edited by sharpshot, 06 July 2012 - 02:44 AM.

#5 Christian Troy

Christian Troy

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

push it somehwere

adb push recovery.img /somewhere

If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a donation you can follow this link. Thank you very much.

* Actions ATM7029 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3)
* Allwinner A31 - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Amlogic 8726-MX - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)

tmF4C.png

#6 sharpshot

sharpshot

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

@Christian Troy: Was the cwm from your pwn3d thread the correct recovery.img for this tablet?

Pushed it to /sdcard/, followed with the commands:

- type in: cat /sdcard/recovery.img > /dev/block/nandg
 - confirm with "Enter". Wait, till the next line appears.
 - type in: sync; sync; sync
 - confirm again with "enter".

I can't get to recovery. This does not work:

- shutdown your tablet. Boot it into recovery (Press and hold Vol. down, press Power Button for 3 seconds, release both buttons)

Also tried:

adb reboot [recovery] with no success. (unit reboots, goes back to android screen)

Edited by sharpshot, 06 July 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#7 Christian Troy

Christian Troy

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

use the one that i gave you this morning, and use this command to boot into recovery: "echo -n boot-recovery | busybox dd of=/dev/block/nandf count=1 conv=sync; sync"

Edited by Christian Troy, 06 July 2012 - 11:16 AM.

tmF4C.png

#8 sharpshot

sharpshot

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

You are a godsend. Everything is up and running and perfect. Seriously saved me, thank you so much!

The only thing that isn't working is bluetooth, but I'm not even sure if this tablet supports it. Any idea?

Edited by sharpshot, 06 July 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#9 Justice™

Justice™

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

You are a godsend. Everything is up and running and perfect. Seriously saved me, thank you so much!

The only thing that isn't working is bluetooth, but I'm not even sure if this tablet supports it. Any idea?

The tablet doesn't have bluetooth built in. But I guess it can support it using an OTG cable.

#10 vassoura

vassoura

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hi!

How did you manage to get CM9 on T02A?

Did you use the cm9 nightlies from Troy?

I have tried a lot of different compatibility zips and none worked (including the T02, this one made the touch screen only capture touches on some parts of screen and on wrong position).

Help please!

Thanks in advance!

#11 sharpshot

sharpshot

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hi!

How did you manage to get CM9 on T02A?

Did you use the cm9 nightlies from Troy?

I have tried a lot of different compatibility zips and none worked (including the T02, this one made the touch screen only capture touches on some parts of screen and on wrong position).

Help please!

Thanks in advance!

Here's the CWM recovery file you need to flash first (you can use novo 7 tools for this, or ADB interface)
http://allwinner-cm9...wm-20120615.zip

I used Christians file that he posted from his nightlies thread for this tablet. Here's his link:

http://www.mediafire...7nldk3yjv7nr3m8
(flash rom + gapps + comp zip)

P.S. This tablet is extremely flimsy. I ended up having a wifi issue, found out the wifi signal cable on the inside had a bad solder joint. Opened it, repaired the joint and all was well. Closed it only to have my tablet still disconnecting from wifi, opened it back up and cracked the screen. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS TABLET! I wasted 10+ hours on it for it now to be a paper weight. On the positive side, CW9 made this tablet actually worthwhile, especially overclocking it. Probably 20x faster then the default ICS firmware that was on it. Good luck!

Edited by sharpshot, 28 July 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#12 dansoy

dansoy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

I have the same problem with my Eken T02A, I never done any mods yet but it usually freezes a lot thats why I'm reading a lot of threads. But when turn it on this morning me tablet is stuck on ANDROID screen logo. I also tried livesuit and got the same problem and tried ADB but device not found. But windows detect both ext drives but no access. Please tell me what to do I'm just a super user not a programmer or a developer. I've tried a lot stuff on my Ipad but I can't solve these problem. Please help...

#13 warpex

warpex

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

Hi sharpshot,
I have exactly the same T02A like the one that you describe in the first post...do you have the original ROM for it(or any one that works on it? I have flashed mine with EKEN's T02 but the touch buttons on the right doesn't work. when I flash it with CM9 from Christian with comp file and gaps...then the buttons are working but the touch screen works with reversed X with Y axis :(

#14 sharpshot

sharpshot

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

I have the same problem with my Eken T02A, I never done any mods yet but it usually freezes a lot thats why I'm reading a lot of threads. But when turn it on this morning me tablet is stuck on ANDROID screen logo. I also tried livesuit and got the same problem and tried ADB but device not found. But windows detect both ext drives but no access. Please tell me what to do I'm just a super user not a programmer or a developer. I've tried a lot stuff on my Ipad but I can't solve these problem. Please help...

first command you should use while using ADB is "adb shell" I believe, then the device should be reachable.

Hi sharpshot,
I have exactly the same T02A like the one that you describe in the first post...do you have the original ROM for it(or any one that works on it? I have flashed mine with EKEN's T02 but the touch buttons on the right doesn't work. when I flash it with CM9 from Christian with comp file and gaps...then the buttons are working but the touch screen works with reversed X with Y axis :(

When I was trying to find the *original* firmware, someone was able to supply it to me on another forum. This was his private message:

"I have created a RAR file with the instructions I got from my reseller and the rom files they wanted me to download, and a tool that they said to use. Apparently if you follow their directions there is a "PhoenixCard" application that formats an SD card which should be used to update the tablet. I was not able to get the PhoenixCard application to run, but I've included it just in case.

I was able to use the "LiveSuit" tool that is floating around to flash the .img of the ROM to the tablet (but I had to rename it without the chinese characters in the filename before LiveSuit was happy with it).

I had to split the RAR file into chunks under 200MB, so the links to download it are:

http://www.mediafire...tb5ebmlmzvv9p45
http://www.mediafire...xbo2b271b699d6c "

Edited by sharpshot, 11 August 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#15 Guest_falso_*

Guest_falso_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

could some nice person with the dev tools extract the driver from this .img file? and/or the touchscreen calibration utility? i struggled with it a bit but no go. same axis reversal problem over here...

#16 Guest_falso_*

Guest_falso_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

if anyone else still has this problem, what you have to do is set exchange_x_y_flag = 0

#17 Aidulis

Aidulis

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

if anyone else still has this problem, what you have to do is set exchange_x_y_flag = 0

Can you tell us how?

#18 dr4go

dr4go

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:53 AM

That's indeed very true and I thank you a lot for this very useful information. BUT if you "want this stupid thing" just to be fixed it is not as useful as to just provide the attached fixed zip file (use it inside cwm, based on Christian's original file).

Don't get me wrong... but if you just want to install CWM and this is your first A10 based tablet it is work to getting into it. Hopefully it will be useful to somebody...

Attached Files

#19 revfran_12

revfran_12

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

dr4go, after reading threads all over the forum, and learning all the afternoon... you had the solution. Amazing! I almost love you :clapping: . I hope you get the credit you deserve and perhaps Christian Troy may want to add your file to the compatibility files...

One thousand thanks... even the touchscreen buttons work!

#20 danielografo

danielografo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

dr4go, after reading threads all over the forum, and learning all the afternoon... you had the solution. Amazing! I almost love you :clapping: . I hope you get the credit you deserve and perhaps Christian Troy may want to add your file to the compatibility files...

One thousand thanks... even the touchscreen buttons work!

hello can you tell me how did you manage to run the touch buttons and the screen please is that I have the same problem but I try every firmware fails and compatibility modes are not installing them, I'd appreciate your help, my language is also Spanish then I have some difficulties understanding what tradusco texts with google.