• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#81 Santeri73

Santeri73

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

TitaniumBackup
There is no way to make backup of the rom, and there is not recovery menu on these devices

Ok. So all Roms that is available in internet is from manufactures. I have to keep emailing to yeahpad, if they will send me stock rom.

#82 hatake01

hatake01

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

problem with battery it dont charge

i have a problem with q88 allwinner tablet , the battery dont charge

#83 gsprings44

gsprings44

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationCharotte NC

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Have you tried charging through the. Usb
port?

Edited by gsprings44, 12 December 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#84 sleepyguy

sleepyguy

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Anyone have experience with the ePad A13 devices at buyincoins.com? Seems decent for $59... going to mainly use it for emulation gaming and the odd kids cartoons. Without custom roms I wonder if usb OTG controllers will be supported though :(

#85 azureus

azureus

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

I did keep 2 IMG files: one with all extra applications that came with my tablet, will bring the tablet back to out-of-box state, and a second one where I inserted CWM recovery and I removed all the not necessary extra apps (and 100MB less size for the IMG file)

If you are interested, I can upload the one you want or both! And yeah, that would be nice to have a unified ROM working for all Q88s out there!

Okay, I guess I wrote enough for today, I hope I didn't forget anything, haha! :D

I'll go sleep, it's late in France now.

Hey ,

seems like we got the same one .. like if I remind the output of lsmod right.

It would be very kind if you could upload both roms !

I flashed like 30 roms and still searching the right one ..what a mess

#86 logics

logics

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

Hey Guys! Is there any possibility to find or compile pl2303.ko driver for A13 processor? Does it support usb-to-serial communication? Thanks in advance

#87 k9rsq

k9rsq

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Posted Image

I just got my cheap A13 today from Buyincoins.
It looks exactly like the one in the first post.

My PCB does not say Q88, just Q8_v1.6

http://imgur.com/a/ed44H
here are some pictures of the PCB.

As you can see, the WiFi card is simply a USB adapter soldered onto the PCB.

Mine came with Android 4.0.4. It came with Flash 11 preinstalled, and it had no junk or other apps installed except for an app labeled Super-HD player, which is just a clone of Gallery.
It's really lean and nice. and I've already dumped my ROM.

As you can see, the build is rather recent. 09/04/12. I'd like to be able to install CWM on here if anyone has a similar tablet.

The quality of the tablet hardware leaves much to be desired. The Touch Panel is held on by sticky tape, which is peeling a little, but I got what I paid for and everything works.

I have also just acquired an A13 generic tablet .. and the info presented in About Tablet seems similar to yours:
From About Tablet: Model MID-001, Android 4.04, baseband 1.5, kernel 3.08+
From sellers listing:
Feature:
Type:16:9 TFT Capacitive Screen
Screen Size:7"
Resolution:800*480
Capacitive Touch:Yes, Multi-touch
Camera:Yes – Front Camera,1.3 MPixels-Front
Premium Audio:Built-in stereo speakers
Photo Review:JPG?BMP?GIF formats, support rotating and slide show
Audio Player:MP3, WMA, 3GP?WAV
Video Review:support AVI?RM?RMVB?MKV? WMV?MOV
E-Book:Support book mark, background music and photo display
3G:Support external 3G dongle
WiFi:Yes - 802.11b/g/n
Bluetooth:n/a
Hardware/OS/Software
Flash Support:Yes - Flash 10.x
Processor/CPU:All winner A13 1.2 GHZ
Processor Memory (RAM)512Mb
Built-in Storage:4GB
Maximum User Storage:32GB
Inputs/Outputs: Micro USB:1
Micro SD Card Slot:1
Headphone Jack (3.5mm)1
DC Jack:1
Additional Specs
Sensors:Built-in G-sensor
Battery Life:Lithium-ion 2000mAh,Up to 3 hrs of normal use
Power:AC100-240V 50-60Hz
Language:English, French and Spanish, Multi-lingual etc.
I have been able to insert a 32GB SD card and it is recognized. However, I don't seem to be able to use the usb port.
From System Settings->Storage: Enable Media Scanning is set for both SD and USB.
Ext SD currently shows 32GB SD card Mounted.
USBHost1 shows: Mount SD Card. Insert SD card for mounting.
I have tried connecting a USB Flash/Thumb/Zip drive via the supplied USB Female to micro USB male cable, but there is no indication of life. I have also tried connecting a USB multi card reader with a 4GB SD card inserted to the same USB cable .. but again there is no response.
Is there something else that I should try?
Thanks in advance..

#88 mr_sarge

mr_sarge

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

am I the only one with really, really poor wifi signal? I found video online that show how to modifie the antenna on some model ().

I cracked open my tablet to see if it was similar and to my surprise there is not even an antenna !!

I saw another video of the same tablet has mine () and it have an antenna !

I uploaded a picture of the wifi card here: http://imgur.com/4OiH0

Does someone know where and how I can solder a wire and an antenna on this ?

Thanks !

#89 gerstavros

gerstavros

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

am I the only one with really, really poor wifi signal? I found video online that show how to modifie the antenna on some model ().

I cracked open my tablet to see if it was similar and to my surprise there is not even an antenna !!

I saw another video of the same tablet has mine () and it have an antenna !

I uploaded a picture of the wifi card here: http://imgur.com/4OiH0

Does someone know where and how I can solder a wire and an antenna on this ?

Thanks !

solder carefully a wire on the ANT pin, next to GND

#90 mr_sarge

mr_sarge

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

solder carefully a wire on the ANT pin, next to GND

Nothing to do with the GND pin?

#91 gerstavros

gerstavros

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Nothing to do with the GND pin?

nothing, just a wire to extend the ANT

#92 mr_sarge

mr_sarge

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Ok, thank you, I'll give it a go :)

#93 gerstavros

gerstavros

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Ok, thank you, I'll give it a go :)

do you have a soldering iron tool to do this?

#94 mr_sarge

mr_sarge

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Yep :)

I've already done it. The signal is waaayyy better now ! I can actually use my tablet now !

I'll make a topic on this procedure.

EDIT: HERE

Edited by mr_sarge, 20 December 2012 - 11:18 PM.

• gerstavros likes this

#95 Fallingwater

Fallingwater

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

I wonder if anyone can help me identify my tablet. It's rebranded as a "Dicra TAB710" by an Italian reseller; it's a generic A13 with the usual specs, though it does have one unusual thing - the internal memory is split in two, with a bit less than half of it treated as if it were a SD card (mounted to /sdcard; actual microSDs get mounted on /mnt/extsd). It's very similar to this one, with the only external changes being aesthetic - connectors and buttons are in the same place. I opened it and here are (clicky) pics of the board:

Posted Image

Posted Image

High res originals:

http://www.technfun....01/tab701-1.jpg
http://www.technfun....01/tab701-2.jpg

I ask for identification because, while I know there aren't any custom ROMs for these out yet, I'd like to experiment with stock ROMs from other manufacturers so I can see which is best - the stock one on my "TAB710" pretty much works (and is pre-rooted), but it isn't the fastest I've seen on a cheap tablet.

Additionally, does anyone know of an easy way to reconfigure the default filesystem mounts? The memory split thing is annoying me, I'd rather it kept its own memory in one partition and mounted microSD cards as every other tablet does.

Edited by Fallingwater, 21 December 2012 - 12:11 AM.

#96 gerstavros

gerstavros

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

Fallingwater don't try other roms. Stay with your stock, and just mod the build.prop (for example vm_dalvik_heapsize to 48MB) and delete anessesary apps. you will see no differences with other roms but only problems

#97 zmilo

zmilo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Anyone have experience with the ePad A13 devices at buyincoins.com? Seems decent for $59... going to mainly use it for emulation gaming and the odd kids cartoons. Without custom roms I wonder if usb OTG controllers will be supported though :(

Mine plays up to N64 with a little lag, but SNES and below run impeccably. I'm running stock, and yes you can actually use USB devices, provided you have a dongle from the male USB to a female USB.

#98 Fallingwater

Fallingwater

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Fallingwater don't try other roms. Stay with your stock, and just mod the build.prop (for example vm_dalvik_heapsize to 48MB) and delete anessesary apps. you will see no differences with other roms but only problems

Message received.

What's the heapsize setting do? Practically speaking, I mean?

Also, is there any Linux version we can run on these?

#99 imajeenyus

imajeenyus

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hello,

First posting here, so I hope I don't make a complete fool of myself. My apologies in advance for the lengthy
posting, but I haven't found anywhere else that looks to be relevant, and I'm totally new to Android
tablets, so please bear with me.

Here's the story. I recently got two 7" Chinese Allwinner 13 tablets - they are item number 180981598828 on ###########,
and appear to be very similar to those mentioned previously in this topic. For example, see post #63 from novadaemon.
The details from the "About Tablet" screen are as follows:

Model number: SoftwinerEvb
Android Version: 4.0.4
Baseband version: 1.5
Kernel version: 3.0.8+
android3@Linux #38
Fri Oct 19 10:15:54 CST 2012
Build number: nuclear_evb-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20121019 test-keys

(The second, identical tablet, has a slightly different build number: nuclear_evb-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20121108)

They appear to be rooted and already have busybox installed.

I have managed to bugger up one of them. I found I was unable to write to the external SD card (/mnt/extsd) so I tried
modifying the /etc/permissions/platform.xml file as describe elsewhere on the web. Not only did this not help, I now
don't have WiFi, despite it appearing to connect. Sure enough, this problem is also mentioned on the web -
"DO NOT modify the system framework directly especially permissions/platform.xml"! (From http://tiny.cc/qddypw).

I have spent the last few days trying to understand more about these devices and not realling getting to the bottom
of things. I feel that what I really want to be able to do now is to make a copy of the complete firmware
from the remaining good tablet and flash it to the buggered one. I have some questions about this, and I'd
be extremely grateful if anybody could help out. I'm going to buy an another identical tablet (only £60, including
a keyboard + case), but I want to be able to mess around with the tablet and be able to restore it to the original
firmware when something goes wrong.

I should point out that, at this stage, I'm not interested in custom firmware or anything, I just want to be able
to re-flash the stock version.

1) Difference between "recovery" and "bootloader". My current understanding that "recovery" refers to an actual
separate partition which you boot into, and you then get options for recovering, updating etc., and that
"bootloader" is like what you get on a desktop computer when you have e.g. Windows, Linux etc installed side-by-side
and you have to choose which one on startup. Is this correct? I have seen several posts here saying that these tablets
don't have a recovery partition. How can this be? Is there a risk of screwing up the recovery mode when flashing
a ROM?

2) I find it's possible to reboot into a recovery mode by going through System Settings -> Backup & Reset ->
Recovery Mode (Reboot into the system recovery mode. Can clear the data or system upgrade). When I do that, it
powers off, the starts up showing the "belly-up" robot with red warning triangle, and a text-based menu
headed "Android system recovery <3e>". It has various options for doing things, and responds to volume up/down
buttons and power button clicks.

However, I find it is impossible to get into this recovery mode EXCEPT by going through System Settings in Android
itself. I've tried all button combinations I can think of during power-on - the only one that seems to do anything
is press and hold power, vol up and vol down. That gets me to the belly-up robot with red triangle again, but there
is nothing else on the screen - no "Android system recovery <3e>" menu or anything.

I have also tried using ADB commands like "adb reboot recovery" and "adb reboot bootloader" but these just
load up the normal Android system. So, I'm really afraid to attempt anything in case I screw up Android itself and
find it impossible to get back in to recovery mode to flash another ROM.

Do you know of a button combination that works on startup to show the recovery mode? Or is there a way of
flashing a ROM without needing to go into recovery?

3) How to create a dump of the firmware. I tried RomDump, but it produced a "segmentation fault". I then followed
the instructions given here - http://www.techknow....p?topic=3184.30 ("Yes! It is possible to
make a backup: ") - and successfully ended up with four files: bootloader.img, boot.img, recovery.img, and system.tgz.
The sizes are 16MB, 32MB, 32MB, and 152MB respectively. However I haven't a clue what to do with them, if I wanted
to burn these on to another device!

Are these the only files needed? How do I create a "update.zip" or other usable means of flashing the firmware? I see
some other posters have said they backed up or copied off the firmware.

I'm sure something is possible, it's just that I'm so new to this. As a last question, the thing that started all
this was the inability to write files, pictures, documents etc to the external SD card - everything would write
OK to the "internal" SD card (/mnt/sdcard), but not the external one. Has anyone come across this, and of a fix?

My thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Best regards, and Merry Christmas,

Mr. Lindsay Wilson

#100 imajeenyus

imajeenyus

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hello again,

I have been playing around with "LiveSuit" and I seem to be able to get a connection between the tablet and computer
(using the trick of holding Vol + and pressing power button repeatedly).

Would this enable me to totally refresh the firmware even if I managed to corrupt the in-built recovery partition?
I hope I'm making sense!

Cheers,

Lindsay