Sanei N10 / Ampe A10 Android 4.0.4 Beta Patch

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#21 Sousanator

Sousanator

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

Thanks for the patch, applied successfully on my brand new AMPE A10.
But since 4.04 update + patch, no more Google Voice Search (not showing at all in the market).

Any idea or fix ?

Thanks,

If you upgraded with the modified 4.0.4 file here you should have the 'AppCenter' app (the icon has Chinese characters) and if you search for 'voice search' you'll be able download and install it.

Thanks, makes life a lot easier.

Note: When running 4.0.4 I noticed that there are only 5 touch points available.
Perhaps anyone can verify/reproduce this?

All previous 4.0.3 versions have 10 touch point available as it should.

I can also confirm I had 10 points pre-update, and now I only have 5
I haven't found a reason to have more than 5 points other than a party trick so I haven't looked for a fix yet

#22 Peterplan

Peterplan

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

If you upgraded with the modified 4.0.4 file here you should have the 'AppCenter' app (the icon has Chinese characters) and if you search for 'voice search' you'll be able download and install it.

I can also confirm I had 10 points pre-update, and now I only have 5
I haven't found a reason to have more than 5 points other than a party trick so I haven't looked for a fix yet

Yes, I also face it after upgraded to 4.0.4. Only 5 pts.

#23 jim.pirrie

jim.pirrie

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:56 AM

Thanks, makes life a lot easier.

Note: When running 4.0.4 I noticed that there are only 5 touch points available.
Perhaps anyone can verify/reproduce this?

All previous 4.0.3 versions have 10 touch point available as it should.

Since changing to 4.0.4 I also only have 5 point touch, it doesn't seem to affect anything but it would be nice to understand why this has happened and how to fix.

Also is it possible to have the samsung apps widget on the tablet since the build.prop is for galaxy 2.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by jim.pirrie, 15 July 2012 - 03:59 AM.

#24 suffix

suffix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:10 AM

Hmm, which update did you guys install from the chinese site?

http://www.szsanei.c...011-08/0172.rar (no idea what username + password to use)
or
http://dl.dbank.com/c0bd4z5dl4 (N10 4.0.4中性固件内测版一键优化,任务栏增强,全屏补丁,GPS键解锁 beta版.exe) [i managed to register on that site]

Because I only installed the latter, and on top of that the OPs patch...
I'm guessing I should have only installed the first one and then OPs patch? However my tablet is saying it's 4.0.4... Damn this is confusing.

edit: Flashed with 0171.rar (ampe site, no registration required) can confirm only 5 touch points too now.

After that I installed OP's patch, no transparent taskbar option. So I installed the patch from dbank.com (Managed to register), and then AGAIN the OP's patch and voila!

Blazing fast! Omg! Can finally get over 2000 points with benchmark! Thanks!

Edited by suffix, 15 July 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#25 Fou_

Fou_

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hmm, which update did you guys install from the chinese site?

http://www.szsanei.c...011-08/0172.rar (no idea what username + password to use)
or
http://dl.dbank.com/c0bd4z5dl4 (N10 4.0.4中性固件内测版一键优化,任务栏增强,全屏补丁,GPS键解锁 beta版.exe) [i managed to register on that site]

Because I only installed the latter, and on top of that the OPs patch...
I'm guessing I should have only installed the first one and then OPs patch? However my tablet is saying it's 4.0.4... Damn this is confusing.

edit: Flashed with 0171.rar (ampe site, no registration required) can confirm only 5 touch points too now.

After that I installed OP's patch, no transparent taskbar option. So I installed the patch from dbank.com (Managed to register), and then AGAIN the OP's patch and voila!

Blazing fast! Omg! Can finally get over 2000 points with benchmark! Thanks!

Could you share the OP's file from chinese site please...? impossible to register for me...

#26 suffix

suffix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

Beta patch attached.

So once again for clarification, I upgraded in this order:

I also overclocked to 1152 MHz and got around the same points as Moorthy on first try. :D Loving it!
Attached File  shot_000004.png   1.11MB   233 downloads Attached File  shot_000003.png   109.47KB   214 downloads

Edited by suffix, 15 July 2012 - 06:37 PM.

#27 odysseus

odysseus

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth/Netherlands

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

Beta patch attached.

I also overclocked to 1152 MHz and got around the same points as Moorthy on first try. :D Loving it!
Attached File  shot_000004.png   1.11MB   233 downloads Attached File  shot_000003.png   109.47KB   214 downloads

Getting 2371 without overclocking :rolleyes:
Let's crank it up and see where we end up/crash.
To be continued..

#28 Guest_falso_*

Guest_falso_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Hi!

why does the beta patch ("N10 4.0.4中性固件内测版一键优化,任务栏增强,全屏补丁,GPS键解锁 beta版.exe") install android.hardware.location.gps.xml?
There isn´t any GPS receiver hardware???
What else does it do?
Is there a changelog?

Regards,
Falso

#29 superhero

superhero

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

I've got the ampe a10 today, really great tablet. patch works fine!

#30 oscarf

oscarf

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

Beta patch attached.

excellent guide boys dammm :)

#31 Joe_the_tulip

Joe_the_tulip

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

Thanks a lot for the guide - i am also confused by the new GPS-function. Is there GPS integrated or is it just for external GPS-Modules?

#32 JamesRock

JamesRock

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

Is your N10 smooth now with these patches?

I've tried some roms and always experience some occasional freezing problems, if this is better i'll try it.

#33 suffix

suffix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

Is your N10 smooth now with these patches?

I've tried some roms and always experience some occasional freezing problems, if this is better i'll try it.

Generally faster than previously, but especially browser can sometimes freeze every time you try loading a page. Sometimes it hangs for a couple of minutes while you can do nothing. It's so frustrating that i feel like punching the screen . <_< happens only sometimes, so it's very mysterious. It has nothing to do with my wifi i think, maybe some app or the firmware itself?

#34 JamesRock

JamesRock

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

Generally faster than previously, but especially browser can sometimes freeze every time you try loading a page. Sometimes it hangs for a couple of minutes while you can do nothing. It's so frustrating that i feel like punching the screen . <_< happens only sometimes, so it's very mysterious. It has nothing to do with my wifi i think, maybe some app or the firmware itself?

Someone else was saying it could be the heat. I'm now with latest AOKP from Cristian and underclocked to 960 and it seems usable. You can try to underclock yours and see if it makes a difference.

#35 suffix

suffix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:05 AM

Someone else was saying it could be the heat. I'm now with latest AOKP from Cristian and underclocked to 960 and it seems usable. You can try to underclock yours and see if it makes a difference.

That would make sense, because it never freezes during the first 15-30 minutes after booting it. I guess the battery temperature that all system monitor apps report always being at 30°C / 86°F is bs. And i haven't noticed other temperatures being monitored.

Could you link to that AOKP build you're using? /nevermind, got it. Thinking about trying it.

Edited by suffix, 21 July 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#36 SladeCraven

SladeCraven

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

i upgraded to 4.04 and i still notice lags/freeze, mainlywhen using the navigator or chrome. opera is working much better. i noticed also the freeze during file manipulations between SD cards. I also noticed that when the freezes occured in an application, i can still switch to another one. So it seems to me that the freezes/lags are related to SD/flash access. Any idea or investigation that can be made to identify more clearly the root cause ?

BTW, do you have the internal BT working when using AOKP ?

Thanks

#37 suffix

suffix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

BTW, do you have the internal BT working when using AOKP ?

Christian released a test compatibility zip that might make BT working, I'm probably going to try it tonight. I'll post in his AOKP topic with results in about ~5 hours.

update: got a problem straight away :( http://www.slatedroi...460#entry396504 help would be appreciated.

Edited by suffix, 21 July 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#38 JamesRock

JamesRock

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Christian released a test compatibility zip that might make BT working, I'm probably going to try it tonight. I'll post in his AOKP topic with results in about ~5 hours.

update: got a problem straight away :( http://www.slatedroi...460#entry396504 help would be appreciated.

Hi,

looks like you sorted most of it out. :)

CWM needs a previous 4.0.3 image, because of the partitioning scheme (i used 0164 from sanei). Then flash the CWM that's specific to that 4.0.3 partitioning (it will only switch the internal sdcard and external sdcard when you choose a zipfile to flash, nothing else).

As for the "sd card damaged", compatibility 1.2.1 should already have the correct config.

What's your opinion about the rom? I still have some slowness, but it seems less than before. Also trying Opera, Dolphin, Boat Browser, etc, to see what's best for me.

#39 suffix

suffix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Before I got to test it properly, I just noticed that I had no sounds because I flashed the test comp zip. Fiddled with its ROM settings for hours without noticing... <_< SO... I'm reflashing yet again right now. For me it seemed as smooth as stock, and I noticed that it uses a lot less battery. But I didn't do any benchmarks or even run the browser yet. :p

After all this work I'm keeping it at least for a while even if it sucks, goddammit. :D

edit: Now we're talking. Or hearing. Meaning, got sounds. :p

Edited by suffix, 22 July 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#40 Peterplan

Peterplan

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:57 AM

After 4.04 and 4.0.4 Beta Patch,I find that the time of my N10 delay one min per hr. Anyone also have this problem ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users