• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

#1 admonisher

admonisher

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:22 AM

The video does not show much but here it is.
It has a nice pricetag too. Im torn between this one and the VVSUM K7 <_<

#2 mikethefool

mikethefool

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

I think window is a well-known brand than VVSUM. But we don't care....Just I've read N70 has a 4 000 mah battery, VVSUM has a 3 000 mah...I hope a 7'' tab. with a decent battery life. My choice is done !

#3 grayson73

grayson73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

Let us know if you get it!

#4 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

N70 is the better choice for firmware updates. Also, it has IPS display which maybe not true for K7.

The K7 looks very nice but I cannot find any firmwares on VVSUM site. Also, one seller said the viewing angle is 150 degrees which is TFT (not IPS) for K7. ie, same angles as ELF1&2. IPS gets close to 180 degrees.

I found the K7 for very good price which was tempting me to get it too. But firmware updates are very likely not available since I cannot find anything for K7 or "older" V7 tablets. It is too bad because the K7 looked very good.

Firmware support is just as important as having a very nice looking tablet.

Edited by Nickos-V, 05 July 2012 - 08:43 PM.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#5 grayson73

grayson73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

What is the cheapest price at a reputable seller for the N70? I found ********* $153 shipped.

#6 kirillre4

kirillre4

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

What is the cheapest price at a reputable seller for the N70? I found ********* $153 shipped.

I can't find anywhere except merimobile (for 179). Can you share a link to shop with such price? Also, how good is software support for this tab?

#7 grayson73

grayson73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

I can't find anywhere except merimobile (for 179). Can you share a link to shop with such price? Also, how good is software support for this tab?

m c b u b

I don't have it, but would like to know as well.

Edited by grayson73, 07 July 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#8 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

HERE shipping for me standard is 20 so it's 160 total. device itself is 139.99

#9 kirillre4

kirillre4

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

Here is another one i found - 153 + free shipping. But both androidsale and m*c*b*u*b (link was edited automatically to "rip-off site", so that says pretty much) doesn't seem to have a great feedback (all claims are about returning faulty units, though).

Edited by kirillre4, 07 July 2012 - 07:32 AM.

#10 nil_

nil_

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:28 AM

The video does not show much but here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2JmYqCC6xY

I pre-ordered the VVSUM K7 an Aliexpress. According to the seller the VVSUM K7 was delayed because of a serious firmware bug. The factory promised to fix the problem and send out a first batch by the 10th of July. When I asked the seller on the 10th, they hadn't received any more information about the VVSUM K7 and they recommended an alternative 7" tablet, the Window N70 dual core. I didn't want to wait anymore, and I was a bit worried about future firmware updates from a "unknown" company, so I changed my order to the Window N70 dual core.

Hopefully I will get the tablet today!
My Tablets (current): Cube U30GT, Onda Vi40 dual core, SmartQ T15, Ramos W17 Pro, Window N70 dual core, Ainol Novo 7 Aurora, Ainol Novo 7 Elf II (not working), Asus TF101.

#11 kirillre4

kirillre4

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

That would be great! Please post a review as soon as you can. I ordered mine yesterday and it should be shipped tomorrow, so it's still a month of waiting for me.

#12 louman197

louman197

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

I pre-ordered the VVSUM K7 an Aliexpress. According to the seller the VVSUM K7 was delayed because of a serious firmware bug. The factory promised to fix the problem and send out a first batch by the 10th of July. When I asked the seller on the 10th, they hadn't received any more information about the VVSUM K7 and they recommended an alternative 7" tablet, the Window N70 dual core. I didn't want to wait anymore, and I was a bit worried about future firmware updates from a "unknown" company, so I changed my order to the Window N70 dual core.

Hopefully I will get the tablet today!

I was interested in the Ainol Aurora 2, but due to the buggy firmware... I changed my mind. Now I'm interested in the Window n70? Is it more reliable then the Aurora 2?

#13 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

I was interested in the Ainol Aurora 2, but due to the buggy firmware... I changed my mind. Now I'm interested in the Window n70? Is it more reliable then the Aurora 2?

Yuandao is good brand. I think should be more reliable but hard to say without having these tablets in hand to check out personally.

The N70 has RK3066 ARM chip which better than 8726-MX (in Aurora-II). RK3066 performs better and runs cooler too.

PandaWill is having sale for $141 shipped but will not ship till about July 25. Can be up to 10 days later too. I suggest switching to HK or Singapore Post because tend to be faster and more reliable for shipping.
N70 pre-sell From PandaWill

Also, comes with 16GB ROM & IPS for that price which is really good.

Seems PandaWill is doing some nice little deals here and there on some new, popular items.

PS, pre-sell but that means you avoid buying any of the really early batches which may have couple of minor issues not worked out.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#14 dinoel

dinoel

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:47 AM

Nickos-V, but also Pandawill can sell OEM, instead of origin N70 (the same story was with Cube U30GT)

The best proposition on Aliexpress now is $141.99 with CNP, and $146.99 with HKP here

Btw, here is short N70 photo-review and disassembled N70 photo-review

Edited by dinoel, 17 July 2012 - 02:49 AM.

#15 louman197

louman197

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

Yuandao is good brand. I think should be more reliable but hard to say without having these tablets in hand to check out personally.

The N70 has RK3066 ARM chip which better than 8726-MX (in Aurora-II). RK3066 performs better and runs cooler too.

PandaWill is having sale for $141 shipped but will not ship till about July 25. Can be up to 10 days later too. I suggest switching to HK or Singapore Post because tend to be faster and more reliable for shipping.

Seems PandaWill is doing some nice little deals here and there on some new, popular items.

PS, pre-sell but that means you avoid buying any of the really early batches which may have couple of minor issues not worked out.

Thanx for the Advice. The Situation is I live in Italy. Take a look at this site(which i was adviced androidmall.co.uk Are they reliabile? If not...does pandawill ship to italy?

http://www.androidma...et-pc-16gb.html this is the page. Please give me advice.

#16 Kaggy

Kaggy

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

I received mine today, works pretty ok overall
Screen does acts a little weird at times, wondering if it is my finger or something else.
Really sad that it can't charge through USB thou.

At least it uses microUSB not like Ainol devices still stuck with mini.

There's also a new firmware for N70
You can download it here
http://yuandaocn.com...309888-1-1.html

If you get errors reading the config file or the firmware remove the chinese characters from the folder/filename

Root obtainable from http://www.slatedroi...ii-how-to-root/
Exactly the same steps.

Drivers are obtain at the same link above.

Edited by Kaggy, 17 July 2012 - 06:37 AM.

#17 louman197

louman197

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

I received mine today, works pretty ok overall
Screen does acts a little weird at times, wondering if it is my finger or something else.
Really sad that it can't charge through USB thou.

At least it uses microUSB not like Ainol devices still stuck with mini.

There's also a new firmware for N70
You can download it here
http://yuandaocn.com...309888-1-1.html

If you get errors reading the config file or the firmware remove the chinese characters from the folder/filename

Root obtainable from http://www.slatedroi...ii-how-to-root/
Exactly the same steps.

Drivers are obtain at the same link above.

What does the new firmware solve? Does it delete the Play Store? Does it make the battery last longer?

Edited by louman197, 17 July 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#18 Kaggy

Kaggy

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

What does the new firmware solve? Does it delete the Play Store? Does it make the battery last longer?

It fixes some force closes.
I don't know about the rest cause i just updated without playing with the original firmware.
It does seem a little faster, i did modify some build prop stuff and benchmarks beat transformer prime.

#19 kirillre4

kirillre4

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

Mind sharing your changes in build.prop for future owners? Also, please post a review - how good is tablet doing in games, what is battery life, is screen readable in direct sunlight and stuff like that. And are there any problems with touchscreen and wifi?

#20 grayson73

grayson73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

$141 shipped here as well:

http://www.aliexpres...holesalers.html