• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#1 catman25

catman25

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

I just got my tablet and bummin ! I have used stock , dark elf , and the newest 6/26 rom . My wifi connects but is very slow . I have tried 2 different routers 1 is b,g second is b,g,n, . I have used different channels and still slow . Im currently using speed.net application on my phone (honeycomb) and then ics on my tablet . My phone gets ping (32) download (18058kbps) upload (5822kbps) . my tablet gets ng(56) download (280kbps) upload (5941 kbps)
so curious how maybe i can fix this . I cant understand the chinese on the site even with the translation . I saw a picture on 2 wifi solders and is that the issue ? it has to be solder better ? Can i pop this open and solder my own attenae ? lets keep this tread active and see who really has a wifi issue .

#2 kazama82

kazama82

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

Why don't just sent back for warranty? Since when you open the case, you automatically void the warranty for all the parts. I would like to install the latest firmware but my stock rom when come together with the elf have no wifi issues

#3 catman25

catman25

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

Mainly cause I cant get ahold of my seller and cannot find where to send it to ainol themselves ...:(

#4 kazama82

kazama82

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

If so, try contact Ainol. Maybe they can help. I believe they understand English as well.

#5 catman25

catman25

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

**so we have a good example and a bad example ? Is it just a bad solder job ? or is there something wrong with the board itself
I wish i read chinese cause the translation isnt perfect
ino NOVO7 Wizard II WIFI problem some recent user feedback, and upon inspection a small number of workers for the factory workers are not familiar with ceramic antenna to change the metal antenna wire bonding cause has been investigated and resolved. We fully understand the impatient mood to buy machine users willing to accept criticism and correction, and express my sincere apologies to all users, and I urge everyone to understand and forgive!

Product step-by-step assembly is complete, we can not on the products in question from the product serial number to distinguish, mainly concentrated in the part of the machine of the first library.

Please buy the machine on glutinous rice in a timely manner with the purchase of businesses or Aino after-sales contact, Aino provide free replacement, and bear the return postage. The the Aino aftermarket Contact Phone 0755-33233288-6002,6003.

and here's the fix but what does it mean lol In the location of the solder joint on the photo as a problem location from the wifi antenna casing to separate the two lines, the left was stretched out longer length of connected from J8 points (the original ceramic antenna position), the other a full weld in the middle position ground, and the problem machine welding off J8 lead casing in the spot position directly short, so that the back of the metal antenna fails completely, is the reason for the problem machine wifi problem.

#6 r00t

r00t

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

I can't tell wtf I'm suppose to see from those photos. I suspect that my unit may have this problem. Using a speedtest online, my download speed is severly crippled, though my upload speed seems to be correct. Comparing to a cheaper A13 tablet that I have, it gets 25Mbps download, vs ~3Mbps download on my Elf 2. Anyone contact their reseller or Ainol on who's paying for the fix?

#7 catman25

catman25

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:46 AM

I can't tell wtf I'm suppose to see from those photos. I suspect that my unit may have this problem. Using a speedtest online, my download speed is severly crippled, though my upload speed seems to be correct. Comparing to a cheaper A13 tablet that I have, it gets 25Mbps download, vs ~3Mbps download on my Elf 2. Anyone contact their reseller or Ainol on who's paying for the fix?

I feel the same wayand experiance the same cripled data flow ' tablet seems beast besides this annoying issue . Pictures were found on ainol site no idea what they really fixed ?...

#8 HerX

HerX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCPG, Croatia

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

To me the upper one looks like a poor soldiering job, so might be that the contact is not that good. Also it would be useful to know what's on the case part that goes to this part of the board, might be some grounding lead that interferes with antenna.

On the second look, it looks like 1st one is not elevated enough, so it probably doesn't connect to the case as it should.

Edited by HerX, 01 July 2012 - 06:05 AM.

#9 akmalhisyam

akmalhisyam

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

my ELF II also got problematic wifi..
I've disassembled my tablet and the antenna soldering is fine..
So I think its not hardware problem..

based on what I read on ainol forum, the problem is actually due to the wireless module driver..
the problem wont be fixed until the manafacturer (Tenda) release new driver..

So if your wifi is problematic, you need to check the soldering first..
If its ok (like in the picture), the the problem is the driver..
We need to wait for driver update..

I also found that to achieve stable connection, you need to disable wmm on your router..
some people recommend using channel 1-3 only..

hope this helps

Edited by akmalhisyam, 01 July 2012 - 06:49 AM.

#10 hazard_puppet

hazard_puppet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

my ELF II also got problematic wifi..
I've disassembled my tablet and the antenna soldering is fine..
So I think its not hardware problem..

based on what I read on ainol forum, the problem is actually due to the wireless module driver..
the problem wont be fixed until the manafacturer (Tenda) release new driver..

So if your wifi is problematic, you need to check the soldering first..
If its ok (like in the picture), the the problem is the driver..
We need to wait for driver update..

I also found that to achieve stable connection, you need to disable wmm on your router..
some people recommend using channel 1-3 only..

hope this helps

mind to share how to disassembled this device?? i couldnt find any screw on my elf 2, and scared as hell to open it up without proper instructions! :(

#11 akmalhisyam

akmalhisyam

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

mind to share how to disassembled this device?? i couldnt find any screw on my elf 2, and scared as hell to open it up without proper instructions! :(

lol..no need screwdriver..
just use your fingernail ;)

how to open is pretty much like this - link
except you need to 'swipe' your finger across this line - http://i00.i.aliimg....6-Dual-core.jpg

#12 hazard_puppet

hazard_puppet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

except you need to 'swipe' your finger across this line - http://i00.i.aliimg....6-Dual-core.jpg

guess need to wait my fingernail grow first!

#13 catman25

catman25

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

thanks for the information , Ill hold onto mine for a while and just hope for a fix :/ ... if any one dares to take their tablet apart post pics or even video it and support a youtube link . I think im personally goi ng to wait for a lil bit before I take mine apart ..

#14 shanebax

shanebax

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

I changed my router wifi channel from 8 to 11 as stated in other threads and now no dropouts or slow lagging pages.
I say its heaps better :-)

#15 haube

haube

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:35 AM

I changed my router wifi channel from 8 to 11 as stated in other threads and now no dropouts or slow lagging pages.
I say its heaps better :-)

this helps me too.

#16 catman25

catman25

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

changed mine to 11 and seems a bit more stable but the range is minimal . I have to be in next room in order to use it . :/

#17 Mjhieu

Mjhieu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationVietnam

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

It's so annoying that all novo 7 aurora 2 and elf 2 got wifi issues. Hope it only about software issues nor hardware, so it maybe fix by feiyu mod custom rom later :drinks:
Nexus 7 Wifi 32 gb with Mostley Kernel 1.6ghz cpu 520 mhz gpu under Cm10.1 Fusion 4.8
Novo 7 Venus/Fire/Aurora
Haipad M7 - C8 owner
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

My Site

#18 kazama82

kazama82

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

I have non issue with wifi.

#19 FarkingMonkeys

FarkingMonkeys

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

My wifi is now working good. I had to disable wmm and set the channel to 11.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

#20 daal

daal

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

Have changed my wifi channel to 11. It actually has improved when using net on elf 2 now pages load up faster and video streams load up better. Hopefully it stays that way.