Photo

[ROM] Aurora II - Aggro0626 (Update Aggro0730-Aur2-E-CN)

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#121 TimeWarp

TimeWarp

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

On Aggro0626-B, has anyone else noticed that the Chrome browser crashes if you try to view Chrome's settings? Just curious.

No big deal here, since I understand that Chrome on Android is still effectively a beta release.

same problem cant get into settings but browsing is working, im using opera + F11 mod to remove not bar..

Edited by TimeWarp, 08 July 2012 - 06:23 AM.

#122 numroe

numroe

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

Thanks again TimeWarp. I just came back here to post and say I found the slider control. It was right in front of me. Doh! Then I saw your post.

#123 TimeWarp

TimeWarp

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:21 AM

Thanks again TimeWarp. I just came back here to post and say I found the slider control. It was right in front of me. Doh! Then I saw your post.

There is a lot of hidden settings im looking now for pdf manual for ICS 4.03 maybe will find anytihng else, i have a battery drain problem while sleep, ppl who have aurora 1 reported that it hold the battery in sleep mode for week my 50% die about 6h in sleep mode. I gona take out build.prop from aurora 1 rom and have look maybe some special settings there...

#124 TimeWarp

TimeWarp

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

Settings > About phone and tap several times on the Android version. An u see some secret :)

#125 numroe

numroe

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:44 AM

TimeWarp, Assuming this ROM becomes trouble free, with a few more patches or tweaks, then what's your recommended solution to back the whole thing up?

I believe there is no official CWM recovery firmware yet for the Aurora II. Does an unofficial CWM firmware work on the Aurora II ? I'm worried I'll put some recovery firmware in there that does not work, and then I'll be wasting time trying fix that. I was looking at this http://www.slatedroi...k-mod-recovery/

#126 everal

everal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

@directx

great rom your aggrov2 0626 with touchscreen-patch...
i have flashed on one of my two aurora2...

please fix the following bugs:
- browser "chrome" is crashing when i call the "setting-dialog".
- please add fullscreen-patch by pressing "volume-up-button" like on mars, if it's possible
- the rom have a huge battery-usage on standbye, i think only 1 day and the tablet is empty, not so with the org 0626 fw (here are many days ...)

very thanks for developing...

#127 fcsabika

fcsabika

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

Please put dualdisplay HDMI option and Hungarian language in the next version! :)

#128 TimeWarp

TimeWarp

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

TimeWarp, Assuming this ROM becomes trouble free, with a few more patches or tweaks, then what's your recommended solution to back the whole thing up?

I believe there is no official CWM recovery firmware yet for the Aurora II. Does an unofficial CWM firmware work on the Aurora II ? I'm worried I'll put some recovery firmware in there that does not work, and then I'll be wasting time trying fix that. I was looking at this http://www.slatedroi...k-mod-recovery/

Im looking for solution i want just backup my rom as is because all settings everything what i need there, then i can try other roms..
I download that recovery as well but im not sure it can brick the device or not? coz its only recovery its not change boot record so system should boot anyway but im afraid to flash it..

Its too risky but if partitions of both tables the same it will work.
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1735125

Edited by TimeWarp, 08 July 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#129 TimeWarp

TimeWarp

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

@directx

- please add fullscreen-patch by pressing "volume-up-button" like on mars, if it's possible
- the rom have a huge battery-usage on standbye, i think only 1 day and the tablet is empty, not so with the org 0626 fw (here are many days ...)

U have to go to chinese forum and tell that to Aggro0626 this rom been made by Chinese guy :)

#130 everal

everal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

U have to go to chinese forum and tell that to Aggro0626 this rom been made by Chinese guy :)

thanks for info, but i get no registration on bbs.ainol.com, is not working from germany?

now i have 6 percent in 2 hours in standbye-mode...

is this normal?
please tell me your experience with battery-drain-problem...

thanks

#131 johim

johim

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

@directx

To add the fullscreen with the volume-up just simply change the following in /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl
key 114 F11 WAKE_DROPPED

For chrome - mine crashes as well, no idea why.

Also, in the default browser, when you select from settings to have all tabs open in background, after opening 1-2 tabs it simply crashes the browser....

#132 Jonasbarreto

Jonasbarreto

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

Hello guys, how are you?

I know its really important to us to share all what we get, but we need to organize all of this, its quite difficult to understand with so many different rooms and issues.
Could a moderator create a new post organizing those things.

1- the Issues so far and the solutions. Wifi, Touch, Googles Apps, Facebook, Youtube, Flash and so on.
2- The Firmwares: Whats the newest, what's the best.
3- The Root: Why, How to root the Aurora 2.
4- The Apps:

I have being changing the Firmwares for the last 4 days, always looking for a different solution. Would like to know if there is a main solution for all of the problems.
Have being trying to Root it, but no Success. Probably my mistake.
Have problem with the Wifi but not that bad. I fixed with the Channel 11 solution.

To all of you guys that have being working together. Thank you very much, a comunity is much stronger than a brand. I have being trying contact with Ainol to see if they help with the solution, but they don't answer. You guys, are the best. :)

#133 Megatonks

Megatonks

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

will any of these fullscreen patches work directly on official 0626 (non aggro?) Zenonia just isn't the same squished..

If so, which one? I can't make much sense from the bbs forum translation... :(

#134 Geodex

Geodex

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

I just hope we can get a formal notice if the hdmi dual display problem is a hardware issue or can be fixed with an update. Hopefully the new Jelly Bean 4.1 works better on this device. :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ainol Aurora II/ Pipo Max M1/ Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

#135 Will Ballum

Will Ballum

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

sigh.. :( time to try a different ROM as Aggro0626 has come up with the following...

Error/Glitch "Configure input methods - Preparing SD card"
(see attachment)

From my experience with Aggro0626
- Netflix does not work (Anyone have this working?)
- Video playback to my TV via HDMI 720 and 1080 seemed to have slight jitter both audio and video .. more noticeable within the audio.
- I was expecting to have an HDMI experience like what I saw on some Aurora"1" review videos where you could see what was on the tablet and TV at the same time with the exception of the video playback.

Attached Files

#136 yarden

yarden

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:00 AM

I'm not going to bother with this Rom. I'm sticking to the official 626 for now, I wont trust to use a rom that starts of with major issues.

Hi there, I just bought an Aurora II - my first ever Android Tablet - and it came with the official 626 rom too. Am wondering if you are able to download the full range of apps from the play store and run gameloft games on it and how did you do it. I can't...

#137 5zymon

5zymon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

@Will do you have any gameloft games installed?

#138 Prien

Prien

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

No, dont install the flash player from Market.

install the 10.2 version from Ainol which is optimized for hardware acceleration with your tablet. Link: http://www38.zippysh...98671/file.html

Thank you very much! Good, 10.2 version works!

#139 idrak3

idrak3

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

Downloaded and flashed, but battery drain so fast, great ROM, thanks

#140 Zappatones

Zappatones

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:40 AM

same problem cant get into settings but browsing is working, im using opera + F11 mod to remove not bar..

Same problem here with official 0626 + johim patch. But Chrome was pretty slow. Default browser is the best for me so far...