U9GT3 OEM RK3066 is available

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 d3rd1gg3

d3rd1gg3

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

I dont think that iam able to provide that. I dont have that device any more.
Also its not sure if this will work with future releases. The kernel modules will not be compatible anymore
Then. My advice is if the Seller will offer this get an ason m11 instead.

I tested several dual core tabs like gemei g9t, n90 2, 96s, 96d and others.
Asons m11 was the only one which meets my quality ecxpectations.
The other were bad in screen, wheight or case qualitiy.(rattles when shaking)

Derdigge

#22 malgaine

malgaine

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

I have tried to find a replacement battery of 7800mah (3,7v) for the U9Gt3 and clones, i only found a U9gt2 of 6000mah but compatible with our devices.
I will send back my tablet to the seller as i am affraid that it's a motherboard problem i have more than a battery one.
If someone is interested you can find the battery there:
http://www.ownta.com...eplacement.html

#23 neodraig

neodraig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

Hello,

I'd like to buy the Cube U9GT3 but first I need your help cause I'm puzzled.

Here in France, there's an importer who's selling the JMI Tab T970 wich I think, is the same tablet as the Cube U9GT3. At the moment the JMI Tab T970 is out of stock and they told me it will be available in 3 weeks. After some investigation I found out about the Cube U9GT3, the 97S and other similar tablets.

1/ Is Cube the original manufacturer of this tablet? The 97S is also very similar but the back cover seems to be made of 2 parts, a plastic (?) rim and then a black aluminum cover when the back cover and rim of the Cube U9GT3 (and the JMI Tab T970) seems to made of just one part.

2/ Is http://www.cube-tablet.com/ the ooficial Cube website? If so then look at my question n°3 :(

3/ HERE somebody posted this question:

From Pedro at 7/27/12 4:11 PM

Hi,

I got the U9GT3 but its labeled as D97. Do I get the right one ?
The WiFi is terrible perhaps there is a fix if its the right one ?
Mine got Android 4.0.3 with.

THX

And they answered:

Dear Pedro

I am sorry.
You were being cheated.
U9gt3 will be released in 20 days.
That is fake.
You buy a fake.

Thank you!

Wich would mean that the U9GT3 shouldn't be available before mid August and those available at the moment aren't the real stuff.
I was about to buy a Cube U9GT3 (or maybe a 97S) on aliexpress.com but now I really don't know what I should do, what do you think?

Thanks.

#24 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

Hi neodraig,

Just to answer point 2 - www.cube-tablet.com is a fake site so avoid at all costs. Cube's official site is http://www.51cube.net/ch/Default.asp

Jez
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#25 neodraig

neodraig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

Thanks a lot Jezzer for clarifying that point.

#26 neodraig

neodraig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hi,
Is the screen of the U9GT3 prone to scratches?
I have Samsung Galaxy S2 and the screen is quite resistant but it is a gorilla glass.
What about the U9GT3, I've read it has a plexiglass screen, so it would be necessary to put a screen protector on it. So wich screen protector would fit, it needs to have a hole for the camera?
Thanks.

#27 neodraig

neodraig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hi,
No anwsers :(

Yet I have another question.
Isn't that weird that there is no mention of the U9GT3 on the Cube's site (Chinese version, there's nothing of interest on the English one)?

Has Cube even released that tablet?

#28 Pedro01

Pedro01

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

Hi,

I´m Pedro who postet this:

* From Pedro at 7/27/12 4:11 PM

Hi,

I got the U9GT3 but its labeled as D97. Do I get the right one ?
The WiFi is terrible perhaps there is a fix if its the right one ?
Mine got Android 4.0.3 with.

THX *

Sry if my english is not so good. My problems with the WiFi are still there.
If someone can help me ?
Here is a pic of mine:

Posted Image

I hope someone can help me to fix the WiFi-problem.
The TAB iss very good but hte WiFi........

Pedro

PS: Here´s pic of the Package

Posted Image

Edited by Pedro01, 07 August 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#29 mushmush

mushmush

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Hi,
No anwsers :(

Yet I have another question.
Isn't that weird that there is no mention of the U9GT3 on the Cube's site (Chinese version, there's nothing of interest on the English one)?

Has Cube even released that tablet?

It seems like Cube U9gt3 is all OEM versions at the moment.

#30 mushmush

mushmush

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

Thank you for your answer!
The good news is that there is a tweak to use u9gt3's rom and future one on our device.
The bad news is that my battery is certainly dead, will try to find a way to solve it with my seller who definitly didn't sell me a n90 dual core II...
My device is exactly the same in the pictures a few post above.
was reported as D97 as yours.
Are you able or someone on this forum to produce a modified rom of the U9gt3 with our driver integrated?
Cube always update is firmware, would be great if we could use it.

I think same battery problem has happened to me.
It was ok at the beginning but after few full drain, the battery does not charge any more.
When I plug in the charger, it goes up to 100% in few minutes and seems all fine
but it turns off as soon as I plug out the charger (it lasted about 10 minutes before).

Just wondering if it is the battery problem or just incorrect charger.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

ps. I just bought another RK3066 Aoson M11 and I am much happier with this model.

#31 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

I have this problem with a custom rom on my 97s. It may be useful to use battery calibration (available on the market). Your tablet needs to be rooted. You charge your device up to full charge, not 99%, in the battery calibration app, the voltage must be on 4mV.
After this, the discharge is normal : 100% to 95% in 30 minutes.
Btw, I didn't have this problem with the june 8th firmware for 97s.

#32 neodraig

neodraig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:46 AM

Where can I find the last firmware for that tablet.
I downloaded the one you posted Bach but it's the 97S firmware and it's been released in june. I used this one and the kernel says it's been compiled in june, but when I first got my U9GT3, the kernel was compiled in July.
Thanx

#33 neodraig

neodraig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

Ok, since I had flashed with Orgos custom firmware, the battery was completly crazy and would only last a few minutes.
I had also another problem, wich was when I was waking my tablet after it went to sleep, the touchscreen wouldn't work anymore :(

So I flashed the june 97S firmware, but it didn't fixed the problems.

Now I tried the JMI Tab firmware and everything seems to working fine again.
I'll keep you update if something goes wrong.

But I really don't know what happened as with the stock firmware (July) that came with my U9GT3 yesterday I didn't have those problems. It only happened after I flashed the Orgos firmware. The weird thing is I read that many other users had problems with the battery wich was going crazy but nobody (as far as I know) mentioned the problem with the touch screen.

#34 le1to

le1to

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

I have 97s )) And a have the problem with the touch screen aka lock screen. I tried the JMI firmware, and it helped. :good:

Edited by le1to, 28 August 2012 - 12:54 AM.

#35 2kers

2kers

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

Is the Cube U9GT3 the same as the U19GT-W except for the casing? Specs seem to indicate that...

#36 johanst

johanst

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

I'm looking for a thread about the new ( I think ) u9gt3 8 inch tablet, has someone made a review of it here on Slatedroid?
Does anyone know where I can get 4.1 firmware to it ? Ordered one yesterday, looking forward to it :p

#37 Pedro01

Pedro01

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Someone has the Stock Firmware for the U9T3 ?

#38 spartacux

spartacux

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

hello guys in September I have the cube U9GT3 EOM.Da few days I can not turn it on and almost died. I wanted to help you how to solve the problem and would like to know how to open that date there are no screws, it would be ideal with a video or photos. Thank you.

hello guys in September I have the cube U9GT3 EOM.Da few days I can not turn it on and almost died. I wanted to help you how to solve the problem and would like to know how to open that date there are no screws, it would be ideal with a video or photos. Thank you.

#39 x30xe

x30xe

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

I also had a battery problem with this tablet. It finnaly ended with bricking it.

I could use an advice with unbricking..
I had some issues with battery, so I tried to flash various ROMs. After I flashed ROM from NextWay tablet my device died.
Literally died. No response to POWER, USB, Charging. Can not put it into recovery. Obvoiusly PC doesn't see it.
I found a tutorial about unbricking WINDOW 70dual, but it says something about the contacts on the mainboard. After I opened my tab I can not find any contacts. I spent good hour with magnifying glass!
I tried also another tutorial adviseing to shortcircut 29 and 30 pin on one of the chips. It didn't work either.
I replaced battery. It didn't change anything.
The most important now is what to do to a tab to make it visible for PC. I can manage with the rest.
I can provide photos of mainboard or any further information if needed.
Any idea is very appreciated.

Mark