• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#41 stoned99

stoned99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

I'll be rooting my friend's G9T today, any recommendations like not installing the latest firmware or a specific one if I want to install and have complete PlayStore access?

Also in the video previously posted it's 4.1 (jelly beans), do we know if Gemei should update to JB?

Edited by stoned99, 29 August 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#42 stoned99

stoned99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

hum... The root process worked fine on 4.0.03 but decided I would try updating to the latest version (August 22nd) but have no idea what is written in the document written in Chinese. I google translated it but really not sure it's ok. Do any of you have the English version of the upgrade tutorial? The instruction in the OP aren't working for that kind of update. Need to use a usb image tool, which is of course only in Chinese also.

Thanks all for your help

edit: Was finally able to only follow images instead of the text and it worked. I'll let you know if I can root it again and how it's working

Edited by stoned99, 29 August 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#43 Firerabbit

Firerabbit

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

Hi everyone.
I'm new user of andriod and i'm using Gemei G9T ICS4.03 version.I have a problem with youtube app. How can i fix this problem.
Thz

#44 stoned99

stoned99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

Hi everyone.
I'm new user of andriod and i'm using Gemei G9T ICS4.03 version.I have a problem with youtube app. How can i fix this problem.
Thz

Uninstall and install manually 4.0e posted somewhere in this thread. Newer versions don't work

#45 Marqfromaus

Marqfromaus

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

Since a few days I have this 'performing sd card check' problem , I choose to install the new firmware. Hoping it will sove it.
For this moment I didn't see any visible improvements :
- two icons for sounds (what is the utility if you have hard buttons ?)
- some help in Android (4.0.4 version ?)

It's not possible to install Angry Birds or Chrome (then no improvements in compatibility), Youtube is not working directly on the google market. You have to download the specified version by Jason.
The upgrade procedure is different than the previous one. You have to create a boot sd card from .img. The software used can be found in english.

Best is to wait the JellyBean version ?
You can check on the gemeitech bbs forum (in chinese, but readable with google translate), there is some videos here
I understand that a root tools is also available on this chinese forum...

I downloaded 4.04 after converting some of the instructions to English. (Copied into a Word document if anyone is interested). The improvements I've noted are the applications run a bit smoother and the screen orientation is quicker. On the down side, some games won't reload such as Frontline Commando, and also the battery indicator is now stuck on 100%. Does anyone have any ideas.

#46 stoned99

stoned99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

I downloaded 4.04 after converting some of the instructions to English. (Copied into a Word document if anyone is interested). The improvements I've noted are the applications run a bit smoother and the screen orientation is quicker. On the down side, some games won't reload such as Frontline Commando, and also the battery indicator is now stuck on 100%. Does anyone have any ideas.

No problem with the battery indicator and on 4.04. Can't say about Fronline Commando. By the way, you can uninstall the builtin Flash and install flash 11.2 instead, might help compatibility issues. You'll need to be rooted if you want to do so. I suggest you follow the rooting thread, look at the last page you'll find the new instructions to root ICS 4.0.4 I'm pretty sure Jelly Beans will be out pretty soon or at least and another update. They seem to provide an update every month or so.

#47 Jason Matsoukas

Jason Matsoukas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

To format to latest 22 Aug firmware, have you all used the usbtool included in the zip?

Is there an alternative to that? (eg through recovery mode)

#48 stoned99

stoned99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

To format to latest 22 Aug firmware, have you all used the usbtool included in the zip?

Is there an alternative to that? (eg through recovery mode)

no other way because that tool (usbImage tool) formats your micro sd into a TF card. Your sd card will then have a size of something like 150mb-200mb and will include the firmware on it. Once the firmare installed, don't use the Usbboot now as your sd card needs to stay in TF mode. Copy the g9troot tool provided in the root thread. You can follow instructions I gave here http://www.slatedroi...t/page__st__20. Go in recovery, flash the g9troot tool. Then go back in Android, mount sdcard, use the Usbboot tool to delete the tf partition, reboot Android, then mount sdcard it will prompt you to format your sdcard, format to fat or fat32. I prefer fat32.

If you want an English version of the usb Image tool, you can use the one provided in the developer's webpage here: http://www.alexpage....-tool/download/

Hope it helps

Edited by stoned99, 13 September 2012 - 07:15 AM.

#49 olive

olive

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

no other way because that tool (usbImage tool) formats your micro sd into a TF card. Your sd card will then have a size of something like 150mb-200mb and will include the firmware on it. Once the firmare installed, don't use the Usbboot now as your sd card needs to stay in TF mode. Copy the g9troot tool provided in the root thread. You can follow instructions I gave here http://www.slatedroi...t/page__st__20. Go in recovery, flash the g9troot tool. Then go back in Android, mount sdcard, use the Usbboot tool to delete the tf partition, reboot Android, then mount sdcard it will prompt you to format your sdcard, format to fat or fat32. I prefer fat32.

If you want an English version of the usb Image tool, you can use the one provided in the developer's webpage here: http://www.alexpage....-tool/download/

Hope it helps

After upgrading, I couldn't use the other chinese software to format the micro sd. I didn't understand the utility.

#50 stoned99

stoned99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

After upgrading, I couldn't use the other chinese software to format the micro sd. I didn't understand the utility.

Just follow the images in the doc, that's what I did and it worked. Basically, right click the exe, run as administration, Select the sdcard on the disk list. Then click the chinese link at the bottom, just above the email address. On the 3rd section, choose the OAo0... (1st choice in the 3 section, then click the red button and accept the next prompt. Can't remember how it looks. Then reboot the G9T tablet, mount sdcard and format to fat32 or fat.

Unfortunately I couldn't find the Usbboot in English.

#51 Jason Matsoukas

Jason Matsoukas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

I must be doing something wrong.

I plugin my G9T.

I mount the usb card.

I use the USB Image Tool to format the card with the image (which leaves 5+mb on the card).

I power it off.

Hold back, power... release power.

It goes to recovery where nothing happens...

I get the message "bad bootloader arguments"

failed to mount /sdcard ... etc etc...

Attached Files

Edited by Jason Matsoukas, 13 September 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#52 stoned99

stoned99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

I must be doing something wrong.

I plugin my G9T.

I mount the usb card.

I use the USB Image Tool to format the card with the image (which leaves 5+mb on the card).

I power it off.

Hold back, power... release power.

It goes to recovery where nothing happens...

I get the message "bad bootloader arguments"

failed to mount /sdcard ... etc etc...
<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Are you trying to flash the G9tRoot or the firmware? I know flashing the root tool gave me that error and I had to select install zip from cache or something like that.

If it's for the firmware, then it'S probably that your sdcard isn't formatted properly. I had that message before formatting it to TF format. Maybe try again to convert your sd card into a 4.0.4 images (tf sdcard). Maybe it was corrupted. Also, make sure to unplug the cable before flashing it. No idea why but that's what I read when I translate the chinese text into English

#53 popp87

popp87

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

Complete newb to android and tablets here. How do I get rid of the Chinese pop-up and have more access to the google store and be more compatible to apps?

#54 Fandr0id

Fandr0id

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

Complete newb to android and tablets here. How do I get rid of the Chinese pop-up and have more access to the google store and be more compatible to apps?

Read this thread to learn how to improve Google Play Store. I'm myself stuck at this process as I can't find the USB driver for Windows.

For the chinese popup: after installing root explorer I found out this annoying app is a Gemei QualityCheck.apk. If you choose one option the app tries to install something (online required I think).
I clicked around on the popup, sometimes another one followed. Wanted to have a S/N. I din't enter anything but since then it dinn't reappear.
Good thing to have the device rooted to get rid of such crap.

#55 Fandr0id

Fandr0id

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

On the Gemei Homepage is a new file but it ain't a FW as it contains only 2 chinesenamed .apk s.
It's said to be for several Gemei devices.

Currently I'm planning on updating to 4.0.4.
Any obvious advantages in app support / stock apps?

#56 AntaresK

AntaresK

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

Hi, I'm new to the forum, I bought the Gemei G9T about 2 weeks ago, at the beginning it worked perfectly, belonging to the known compatibility issues with some app, suddenly began to have problems with the battery indicator, remains at 100%, until it turns off abruptly. To charge the battery I have to keep it off, and beginning in about 4 hours the battery was fully charged, now after 6 hours of charging, the battery lasts very little.
I also installed the latest firmware hoping for an improvement, but nothing, moreover, now crashes more often. sometimes while the touch screen, flashes a red frame around the screen. Has anyone encountered a problem like? how do I fix?

#57 stoned99

stoned99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

Hi, I'm new to the forum, I bought the Gemei G9T about 2 weeks ago, at the beginning it worked perfectly, belonging to the known compatibility issues with some app, suddenly began to have problems with the battery indicator, remains at 100%, until it turns off abruptly. To charge the battery I have to keep it off, and beginning in about 4 hours the battery was fully charged, now after 6 hours of charging, the battery lasts very little.
I also installed the latest firmware hoping for an improvement, but nothing, moreover, now crashes more often. sometimes while the touch screen, flashes a red frame around the screen. Has anyone encountered a problem like? how do I fix?

Root the tablet. Download Battery Calibration (NÉMA) in the PlayStore. Open the app. Fully charge the battery, leave it plugged in, click Battery Calibration when you reach 100%. It will then wipe all battery information.

p.s: The app suggests that you then fully let it discharged after calibration then charge it back to 100%. Not sure if really required but that's what the app says.

#58 AntaresK

AntaresK

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

thanks for the tip, how do I root the tablet??

#59 stoned99

stoned99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

thanks for the tip, how do I root the tablet??

Make sure you're on 4.0.4 then follow my post here

http://www.slatedroi...post__p__416575

#60 Marqfromaus

Marqfromaus

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

Does anyone know what happens when you hit Factory Reset? Does the firmware revert to the original, do all of your apps disappear?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users