1. Antutu Benchmark has jumped from 6600 to ~7300. CPU 3778, GPU 1317, RAM 1320, I/O 886.
2. No application is install by default after upgrade. The unit revert back to blank state as your old app/game are all gone. There are two apk in the extracted folder that you can install. One apk is the their app store and the other is.. bookstore?
3. I went right back to rooting the units with the first 2 steps but "adb root" command still gave me the same production error. However, the SU app is running ok.
Please note that the download section indicate that the firmware only apply to units in the specified Range of serial number. My unit is within the range.
In case you are wondering what's stated in the update instruction >
1. Power the unit off and make sure you have >60% battery charge.
2. Extract all the content of G9T_A4.0.3_V1.00_CHS_1.2V-20120625 into root of SD card.
3. Insert the SD card into G9t
4. Hold the Back button of unit first then hold the power button to power on.
5. After the units is power on, you can let go the power button but keep holding the back button.
6. When you see the picture of android with strange shape spinning in front of him, the update install has started. You can let go the back button and watch.
7. The status bar will go from left to right. When the update is completed, the unit will power down.
8. Hold the power button a bit longer to power the unit back on.
Edited by piggysd, 28 June 2012 - 04:46 AM.