• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#101 mandawar

mandawar

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

Hi:

I tried the last 0717 but get a "E: signature verification failed message". Can't continue...

I did wipe data but wouldn't work neither.

Happens the same with 0626

I have Dark Elf installed.

Any idea?

Edited by mandawar, 08 August 2012 - 07:11 AM.

#102 kwantlen

kwantlen

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

Works great, Frank. Thanks a lot.

Wifi is incredibly fast. What did they do? Sofar no problems detected.

#103 aw!

aw!

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

@mandawar
I just installed it on stock firmware and is ok. Try factory data reset first or wipe cache in recovery menu.

#104 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• Authorized Business Seller (ABS)
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hi:

I tried the last 0717 but get a "E: signature verification failed message". Can't continue...

I did wipe data but wouldn't work neither.

Happens the same with 0626

I have Dark Elf installed.

Any idea?

You can start by unpacking the contents to a Micro SD. I'm pretty sure this is why you are getting signature verification failed because you are trying to flash my zip instead of my zip's contents.

Edited by F&LSuperstore, 08 August 2012 - 01:36 PM.

Posted Image
Frank, President
F&L Superstore - www.flsuperstore.com
email: frank@flsuperstore.com
blog: flsuperstore.wordpress.com
MSN: flsuperstore@gmail.com

#105 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

Works great, Frank. Thanks a lot.

Wifi is incredibly fast. What did they do? Sofar no problems detected.

Wi-fi is greatly improved. I was getting 7down/5up through three walls about 30ft away from my router. At around 75ft though I'm getting 2down/5up. So I'm still getting max up but not max down. So I'm sure there's still some work that they can do to optimize it a little more.
Posted Image
Frank, President

#106 gfish

gfish

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

Just installed, works great. When I installed it my battery was at 90% under your 626 version, after installation, battery said it was only st 10%. I have recharged and works fine. Just thought it strange how it would do that.
Thanks for another great Rom Frank

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

#107 mandawar

mandawar

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:47 AM

You can start by unpacking the contents to a Micro SD. I'm pretty sure this is why you are getting signature verification failed because you are trying to flash my zip instead of my zip's contents.

It was EXACTLY that!! Thank you so much. I already started testing

#108 hardy1989

hardy1989

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

I've been playing around trying to change the build prop on the official firmware and it just would not work so I gave up last night and today I found this. Thankyou!

#109 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:19 AM

I've been playing around trying to change the build prop on the official firmware and it just would not work so I gave up last night and today I found this. Thankyou!

It takes more than the build.prop to make the tablet work correctly. It took me over a year of selling and searching to finally figure out the files needed to make sure the tablet is compatible with the US market.

ANd by the way. There is only one company in China that knows how to make their tablets US compatible off the bat and that is Zenithink. The rest of the guys, including Ainol, fall short.
Posted Image
Frank, President

#110 T3beatz

T3beatz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

It takes more than the build.prop to make the tablet work correctly. It took me over a year of selling and searching to finally figure out the files needed to make sure the tablet is compatible with the US market.

ANd by the way. There is only one company in China that knows how to make their tablets US compatible off the bat and that is Zenithink. The rest of the guys, including Ainol, fall short.

So what are the files that need to be changed to get the tab more compatible with the market? and/or the areas that need to be changed? or is that a closely guarded secret? :D 8)

Thanks.

#111 TTweed

TTweed

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

I just released the 717 version about 10 minutes ago. The link is at the beginning of the thread. I have no clue what the 727 version is...but point me to a fast mirror and I will do it.

Thanks, Frank! I downloaded your 7/17 updated firmware but haven't installed it yet--having trouble with my cheap card reader. :angry:

The 7/27 release isn't official, it seems, just a custom job from the ainol bbs using the 0717 ROM with some patches and kernel improvements, according to this thread.

TT
Ematic eGlide Pro III
Zenithink ZT-282 C71 Upgrade (Slatedroid Market Script)
Xoom FE 16GB on Honeycomb
Xoom 32GB WiFi stock with ICS 4.04
Ainol Novo7 Elf II, IML74K.XWLP4 build
Nexus 7 16GB on Jelly Bean 4.1.1

#112 foggy

foggy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hello ive just bought an elf 2 and i was trying to d/l the darkelf v1.0 update with the google play fix as play wontfind facebook :( but everytime i go onto mediafire it wont connect it justsays calculating :( have you got any idea why it wont d/l? thanks in advance! foggy

#113 T3beatz

T3beatz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hello ive just bought an elf 2 and i was trying to d/l the darkelf v1.0 update with the google play fix as play wontfind facebook :( but everytime i go onto mediafire it wont connect it justsays calculating :( have you got any idea why it wont d/l? thanks in advance! foggy

foggy, this is not the Dark Elf thread... find that one and your answer will be there, there are multiple places to download Dark elf rom.

#114 art-b

art-b

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

Hi,

I've got the assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")=="g06ref" problem when I try to flash these. (as well as all other roms.) I've tried googling to find an answer to what to do, but haven't found anything elf 2 specific and couldn't figure out what to do. From this link http://forum.xda-dev...098&postcount=8 I gathered that the problem is a discrepancy with the name of the version of my tablet and the name required by the rom for the tablet. Since you were able to provide instructions in this post http://www.slatedroi...post__p__404483 to Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2 user I'm hoping you could help me as well.

Should I change the name of my tablet? How should I go about doing this? Should I delete the lines in the rom that check for the name of my tablet? How should I do this?

Your help is much appreciated.

#115 art-b

art-b

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

Ok so the problem was that I was hadn't started from the first rom 0615 and worked my way to 0717. It is working now. I have one problem tho, I can't install Grand Theft Auto from the Play store. It does not show up when I search for it. I could install it just fine with the 0615 and the 0626. Should I just copy your suggested fix from your Aurora ii thread?

Thanks!

#116 Josetete

Josetete

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

This version, can solve " Preparing SD Card checking for error " ?
Could you please help me to check

Edited by Josetete, 14 August 2012 - 04:32 AM.

#117 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

This version, can solve " Preparing SD Card checking for error " ?
Could you please help me to check

It should yes.
Posted Image
Frank, President

#118 grady

grady

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

Thanks, Frank! I downloaded your 7/17 updated firmware but haven't installed it yet--having trouble with my cheap card reader. :angry:

The 7/27 release isn't official, it seems, just a custom job from the ainol bbs using the 0717 ROM with some patches and kernel improvements, according to this thread.

TT

Can someone help me as I feel completely dumb. I am new to Android and although I had this for almost a month I have yet been able to add an update. I know you have to download, and unzip and reboot. Problem is I cant convert my sd cards to Fat 32 as is required. I bought two Sandisk 16's and later found out you cant convert anything over 4. So I bought a 4 and cant convert that to fat 32 either through windows or the SD formatter. I tried to drag and drop from my computer to the SD card but it says must be fat 32 format. And it wont convert to Fat 32. I went to Best Buy and they told me I need to do it through MS DOS. Can someone help me as it seems no one can help and I cant find the answers on the internet so far after alot of searching. Frustrating that I cant update. I have windows XP. Thanks for your reply

Grady

#119 Lexridge

Lexridge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Can someone help me as I feel completely dumb. I am new to Android and although I had this for almost a month I have yet been able to add an update. I know you have to download, and unzip and reboot. Problem is I cant convert my sd cards to Fat 32 as is required. I bought two Sandisk 16's and later found out you cant convert anything over 4. So I bought a 4 and cant convert that to fat 32 either through windows or the SD formatter. I tried to drag and drop from my computer to the SD card but it says must be fat 32 format. And it wont convert to Fat 32. I went to Best Buy and they told me I need to do it through MS DOS. Can someone help me as it seems no one can help and I cant find the answers on the internet so far after alot of searching. Frustrating that I cant update. I have windows XP. Thanks for your reply

Grady

I assume you are using Windows. In which case google for an app called Swissknife. It is a hard drive/flash stick partitioning tool that makes it easy to create FAT32 filesystems.

#120 tragidy

tragidy

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

Thanks for this out of the box clean rom, cheers.