• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 m.frea

m.frea

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

recently I bought new sanei n10 tablet at first it came with android 4.0.3
but it was so slow and when I open any app it sometimes crashes and the tablet freeze
especially the browser and it's so slow also
so I though maybe f i upgrade the it would better so I upgraded to 4.0.4
but it still slow so is that normal for this tablet (coz it's my first experience)
and also it's little bit hot so it can't keep the charge for long time

#2 Moorthy

Moorthy

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

It is normal. I have same one.

#3 Meex

Meex

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

I'm cooking a custom firmware based on the latest Ampe A90 firmware (http://szampe.com/su...down.asp?id=757).

It should be a bit quicker ;)

Edited by Meex, 08 July 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#4 JamesRock

JamesRock

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:48 AM

I'm cooking a custom firmware based on the latest Ampe A90 firmware (http://szampe.com/su...down.asp?id=757).

It should be a bit quicker ;)

Hi,

maybe the latest 4.0.3 (30-06) or the 4.0.4 beta could be a better source for the custom firmware?

Edit: i thought it was for the N10/A10 model...

Edited by JamesRock, 09 July 2012 - 05:55 AM.

#5 jdor

jdor

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

I also notice on my Allwinner A10 that the browser is relatively slow and jerky, same with Chrome browser.
Even slower than iPad 1st gen, which was single core also.
Don't know how much DNS is affecting it, tried an app to change it but don't know if its working. In iPad/iPhone changing DNS is easy.

#6 Meex

Meex

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Indeed I tried the fastest version of the previous firmware ( http://szampe.com/su...down.asp?id=654 ) and it's incredibely fast !! even compared to my custom firmware...
Sorry I don't need more tweaks. Except maybe to unlock the market apps.

#7 LimboBob

LimboBob

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

I noticed that my Sanei N10 tends to slowdown my Wifi connection gradually. The status shows me an excellent Wifi connection with around 135 Mbps, even when nothing goes anymore.
I upgraded to 4.0.4 beta, in the hope that that would do the trick, but none the less my problem remains.
Now I guess that the heat affects my intenna or that something else is wrong with it.
Anybody got an idea how to test this or got any other solutions?
Thx in advance.

#8 djscottie;

djscottie;

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

I have the same issue. My a10 is only a week old and is very slow straight out of the box. Is there anything I can do to speed it up? Wifi signal is strong but downloads take for ever. It came with 4.0.4 already loaded and I am dissapointed with it. Help please anyone? Thanks in advance.

#9 suffix

suffix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

Everyone with connection problems, try booting to recovery and clearing app + dalvik cache. Helps a bit.

But I've noticed that the app Wifi Fixer (https://play.google....ahtod.wififixer) seems to indeed work. Sometimes you see your signal working fine but there appears to be no data traffic. This app fixes it. Just updated 8 apps from play store in a few minutes, which usually takes forever because it just refuses to download anything.

#10 emilios

emilios

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Everyone with connection problems, try booting to recovery and clearing app + dalvik cache. Helps a bit.

But I've noticed that the app Wifi Fixer (https://play.google....ahtod.wififixer) seems to indeed work. Sometimes you see your signal working fine but there appears to be no data traffic. This app fixes it. Just updated 8 apps from play store in a few minutes, which usually takes forever because it just refuses to download anything.

suffix ,last days i took cude u23gt , which it only problem was the so so so slow wifi , well with wifi fixer is really done , thanks
now , my n10 had never prob with wifi . and was demylaggy

Edited by emilios, 05 November 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#11 emilios

emilios

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Indeed I tried the fastest version of the previous firmware ( http://szampe.com/su...down.asp?id=654 ) and it's incredibely fast !! even compared to my custom firmware...
Sorry I don't need more tweaks. Except maybe to unlock the market apps.

meex it would be possible for you to do also a cm7 to see if its faster the 4 instead 2.3

#12 Meex

Meex

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

meex it would be possible for you to do also a cm7 to see if its faster the 4 instead 2.3

sorry, there's a cm7 for Ampe A90 ?

Btw I must say that I feel quite fine with the official firmware. Once rooted, there's a bunch of apks you can remove, like LiveWallpapers, VPN, Phone, Exchange...
Also, I found out recently that disabling "Search Applications Provider" (from the Applications->All menu) helps a lot too.

And at least, I installed Memory Booster : it's free and works very well. Though the slowdown issue on A90 obviously isn't related to memory.

Edited by Meex, 15 December 2012 - 02:14 PM.

#13 sync_master

sync_master

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

I have single core Sanei N10 , it came with 4.0.3. And the performance was very bad.
When I upgrade it to 4.0.4 , the performance improved too much and it is in acceptable level.