135 replies to this topic

#121 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Hello,

I've problem with "USB to Ethernet". I'm using this adapter: http://www.onda-tabl...da-tablets.html connected to my Vi40 Dual Core via "Female-USB to male mini-USB adapter". But, my tablet doesn't detect it, in ethernet settings I don't see any devices (like eth0). Did you had same problem? You said you had to replace WPA_SUPPLICANT file? Could you please let me know in detail, how to do that?

Thanks a lot!

try updating to this...
http://www.slatedroi...14/page__st__40
Custom ROM for Vi40DC v1.4-EN03-40 with GO Backup Embedded Language: English
its so mean,this is magic compared to stock,it will solve every problem you have
live by chance
love by choice

#122 hassanmiky

hassanmiky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:44 AM

I have a problem
and I need Solution

I have ONDA VI40
the internal Storage 16 GB but not open and can't see it
Sometimes show it and hidden again
when enter Storage in Setting ( Mount SD Card ) EXTSD

#123 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

I have a problem
and I need Solution

I have ONDA VI40
the internal Storage 16 GB but not open and can't see it
Sometimes show it and hidden again
when enter Storage in Setting ( Mount SD Card ) EXTSD

as above
live by chance
love by choice

#124 evertoexcel

evertoexcel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

try updating to this...
its so mean,this is magic compared to stock,it will solve every problem you have

Thanks! But are you sure it'll solve my problem? Onda's lates FW suggests these chip sets for Ethernet: MCS7830、MCS7832、MCS7730、SR9700. The one I've is based on AX88772A. So, does this custom FW has that driver installed?

#125 evertoexcel

evertoexcel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

try updating to this...

Ok,now I found out the reason. It's not FW issue, it needs OTG cable (male mini-USB to female-USB A). There's difference between standard usb adapter(male mini-USB to female-USB A) and same type OTG cable. After I bought this, it solved all problems:http://www.onda-tablet.com/onda-vi10-vi20w-vi30-vi30w-vi40-vx580w-vx610w-usb-otg-host-cable.html

#126 astleviz

astleviz

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

Hello All

I stumbled upon this forum while trying to fix a peculiar problem with my Onda V712. I'm hoping that you guys may be able to help me out.

The tablet was working fine and was 90% charged. I was having some issues with my google account so I decided to delete it and set it up again. After deleting the google account I switched off the tablet. When I switched it on again a white android bot came on the screen and nothing beyond that. I waited for almost 30 minutes but there was no progress. The tablet wouldn't boot up beyond the white android bot. I rebooted it several times but no luck. I have tried the following so far-

1. let the battery drain completely by leaving it switched on. The white android bot was on all the time. Then I charged the tablet for 6 hours and tried to boot but the issue persists.
2. Tried the reset button several times with no luck.
3. Tried to get into recovery mode by holding the home button and then pressing/tapping the power button. The tablet doesn't go into recovery. It just shows the white android bot and there is no progress after that.
4. Downloaded the latest firmware from the onda site (I have version 2 so I downloaded the appropriate firmware). Unzipped the contents of the zipped file to a formatted sd card. Inserted the sd card onto the tablet while the tablet was switched off. Then tried to boot via the sd card by pressing the home button and then the power button as suggested in the onda manual (which was in chinese). But it would just power up with the white android bot and wouldn't do anything beyond that.

I am not sure what I can do to revive this tablet. BTW, when I connect the charger to the tablet I can see the animated battery indicator showing that the battery is charging. Also when I connect it to my pc, it shows up as m3-chip in the device manager with an exclamation mark against it. It says that the drivers are not installed correctly or something like that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#127 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hello All

I stumbled upon this forum while trying to fix a peculiar problem with my Onda V712. I'm hoping that you guys may be able to help me out.

The tablet was working fine and was 90% charged. I was having some issues with my google account so I decided to delete it and set it up again. After deleting the google account I switched off the tablet. When I switched it on again a white android bot came on the screen and nothing beyond that. I waited for almost 30 minutes but there was no progress. The tablet wouldn't boot up beyond the white android bot. I rebooted it several times but no luck. I have tried the following so far-

1. let the battery drain completely by leaving it switched on. The white android bot was on all the time. Then I charged the tablet for 6 hours and tried to boot but the issue persists.
2. Tried the reset button several times with no luck.
3. Tried to get into recovery mode by holding the home button and then pressing/tapping the power button. The tablet doesn't go into recovery. It just shows the white android bot and there is no progress after that.
4. Downloaded the latest firmware from the onda site (I have version 2 so I downloaded the appropriate firmware). Unzipped the contents of the zipped file to a formatted sd card. Inserted the sd card onto the tablet while the tablet was switched off. Then tried to boot via the sd card by pressing the home button and then the power button as suggested in the onda manual (which was in chinese). But it would just power up with the white android bot and wouldn't do anything beyond that.

I am not sure what I can do to revive this tablet. BTW, when I connect the charger to the tablet I can see the animated battery indicator showing that the battery is charging. Also when I connect it to my pc, it shows up as m3-chip in the device manager with an exclamation mark against it. It says that the drivers are not installed correctly or something like that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi when you unzip the update..before you paste to sd card remove all the doc files/notepad files as this will stop update also copy only folder contents not the folder to sd card....i have vi40dc and update is only 5 objects 2 zips and 3 files.update zip includes changes docs we have to delete them to enable update.hope this helps
live by chance
love by choice

#128 astleviz

astleviz

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hi when you unzip the update..before you paste to sd card remove all the doc files/notepad files as this will stop update also copy only folder contents not the folder to sd card....i have vi40dc and update is only 5 objects 2 zips and 3 files.update zip includes changes docs we have to delete them to enable update.hope this helps

Yes, I deleted the doc file that had the instructions and only copied the following 5 files- g12refM704A1.zip, patch.zip, factory_update_param.aml, u-boot.bin and uImage_recovery. I copied these 5 files to the sd card root. But The tablet won't go into recovery mode, just shows the white android bot. What else can I try?

Edited by astleviz, 04 October 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#129 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Yes, I deleted the doc file that had the instructions and only copied the following 5 files- g12refM704A1.zip, patch.zip, factory_update_param.aml, u-boot.bin and uImage_recovery. I copied these 5 files to the sd card root. But The tablet won't go into recovery mode, just shows the white android bot. What else can I try?

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/38906-custom-firmware/page__st__20

check out post number 31 on this page,
live by chance
love by choice

#130 astleviz

astleviz

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/38906-custom-firmware/page__st__20

check out post number 31 on this page,

Thanks for your reply. I checked out that post. I have done exactly as it says, however my problem is that my tablet won't go beyond the white android bot stage. After the white bot appears I leave the power button while holding the home button but the green robot doesn't appear nor does anything else. My screen stays frozen with the white robot. There is no progress even after 30 minutes. I have attached a photoshopped screenshot to show you exactly how my screen looks all the time. I just can't go beyond this screen. What should I do?

Attached File  onda.jpg   10.84KB   13 downloads

#131 hereu

hereu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:04 AM

This software is for the Onda Vi40DC. I doubt if it will work on the V712.

I may be wrong or picked this up wrong (I'm no expert) but I wouldn't expect this software to work on your 7" Onda.

It may be that the code settings don't allow the software to run even if the hardware is similar.

#132 Wing088

Wing088

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

it has no bluetooth??

#133 ebsbow

ebsbow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationBE

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

No bluetooth. Only through external dongle.
A820 - blog 

#134 valkoz

valkoz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

Thanks for your reply. I checked out that post. I have done exactly as it says, however my problem is that my tablet won't go beyond the white android bot stage. After the white bot appears I leave the power button while holding the home button but the green robot doesn't appear nor does anything else. My screen stays frozen with the white robot. There is no progress even after 30 minutes. I have attached a photoshopped screenshot to show you exactly how my screen looks all the time. I just can't go beyond this screen. What should I do?

Attached File  onda.jpg   10.84KB   13 downloads

Your Problem: at boot wrong nand flash partitioned.

Solution:

1. Use AML Flash tool (need PC with english Windows x86, x64)
2. Use aml_autoscript - need microSD card only

But to upload autoscript to you I need to know:

- which OS you want to use
- what is the version of your tablet - V1 or V2

Autoscript structure the same as for http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/41380-jb-roms/, section How to flash ROM Step 1, but it need to change bin files to v712

Connor
don't want to argue - want to discuss

#135 quantun

quantun

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

HI I HAVE A ONDA DUAL CORE VI 40 , I TRIED TO UPDATE IT TO JELLY BEEN, BUT SINCE THEN MY TABLET DOES NOT TURN ON , THE COMPUTER COMPUTER RECOGNIZE LIKE M3-CHIP, LIVESUITE DOES NOT WORK , CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

#136 ebsbow

ebsbow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationBE

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

Hey man, don't worry. If you computer sees an device, then you are ok. Everything you need is in the forum.

HI I HAVE A ONDA DUAL CORE VI 40 , I TRIED TO UPDATE IT TO JELLY BEEN, BUT SINCE THEN MY TABLET DOES NOT TURN ON , THE COMPUTER COMPUTER RECOGNIZE LIKE M3-CHIP, LIVESUITE DOES NOT WORK , CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

Edited by ebsbow, 13 May 2013 - 02:08 AM.

A820 - blog