• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#41 1gadjet1

1gadjet1

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGloucestershire, UK

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Did google location work with v2 firmware on your v1unit?

Hi Kimmen00.
Location services and google sync still not working on V1 and V2 firmwares I downloaded from Onda before they pulled them off site.
Attached is a screenshot from my PC with the downloaded V1 and V2 files I used from Onda.

Attached Files

Tablet:(Current)
Onda Vi40 Dual Core.
Firmware: Vi40D_V1_v1.0

#42 Kimmen00

Kimmen00

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Right... just have to wait on new fw.. hopefully soon.

#43 1gadjet1

1gadjet1

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGloucestershire, UK

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

you can not upgrade to flash 11 as flash 10.2 only works for now on this dual core processors it was made for amlogic i believe.
and to delete apps you need to fully root ie install superuser app update binary then install this tool on tablet
http://www.mediafire...5827y9pubd6ijn1 its m-44 toolbox apk when you have root open app and at the bottom touch "installed"and navigate to apps you want to delete and touch, then input the given red code and select "delete by root",
it will ask to reboot but you can select cancel and reboot when you have deleted them all.then no more unwanted stock/system apps

Hi sas007.
See attached screenshot, flash 11.1 installed from google play no problem, the Vi40 dual core is already rooted, no need for super user (don't ask me why but works without this?), root explorer can delete as my previous post.

Attached Files

Edited by 1gadjet1, 10 July 2012 - 02:24 PM.

Tablet:(Current)
Onda Vi40 Dual Core.
Firmware: Vi40D_V1_v1.0

#44 Kimmen00

Kimmen00

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Anyone got the overclocking to work? Higher than 1200 mhz?

#45 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:07 AM

Hi Kimmen00.
Location services and google sync still not working on V1 and V2 firmwares I downloaded from Onda before they pulled them off site.
Attached is a screenshot from my PC with the downloaded V1 and V2 files I used from Onda.

Hi again i spoke to onda and they said no v2 firmware it was just the date it was released the v1 and v2 posts were identical update apparently for vi40 dc v1.so if i have this right there were 2 updates and rar 627528 was latest one dated june 28 ????
live by chance
love by choice

#46 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:40 AM

Hi Kimmen00.

THE LAST UPDATE I GOT FROM ONDA FOR DUAL CORE IS DATED IN UNZIPPED FILES 28/06/12
live by chance
love by choice

#47 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:48 AM

Hi sas007.
See attached screenshot, flash 11.1 installed from google play no problem, the Vi40 dual core is already rooted, no need for super user (don't ask me why but works without this?), root explorer can delete as my previous post.

JUST UNINSTALLED SUPER USER AND NOW I AM NOT ROOTED Anymore?? whats occurrin
live by chance
love by choice

#48 joojoof

joojoof

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

thank for reply sas007 i think so with u i update wrong firmware about file boot.bin from firmware but now i cant do everything to flash again it cant power on cant charge cant do everything some one can help me

#49 Kimmen00

Kimmen00

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:23 AM

New firmware released today!!

Just downloaded it and put it on the tablet.. BUT still not working with google locations :( (which was the biggest bug imho) and when I choose performance on cpu setting it still switches to back to normal as soon as I move away from cpu settings.

Did some benchmarking in quadrant and antutu and it's a little faster.. get 3200 in quadrant and little over 6200 in antutu but still, google locations would have been prio number 1 to fix you could think. Also still max 1200 mhz, so no overclocking possible..

They also seemed to have tweaked the wifi.. walked around in the house and outside in the garden, better coverage!

#50 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

New firmware released today!!

Just downloaded it and put it on the tablet.. BUT still not working with google locations :( (which was the biggest bug imho) and when I choose performance on cpu setting it still switches to back to normal as soon as I move away from cpu settings.

Did some benchmarking in quadrant and antutu and it's a little faster.. get 3200 in quadrant and little over 6200 in antutu but still, google locations would have been prio number 1 to fix you could think. Also still max 1200 mhz, so no overclocking possible..

They also seemed to have tweaked the wifi.. walked around in the house and outside in the garden, better coverage!

#
GOT THIS FORM ONDA...
Dear Anthony ,
Thank you for your mail.

Our engineer are working on the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean,and we will release the latest firmware on our website soon.

Have a nice day.

Best regards
Jason
Onda Support Center
--
If you have any question about Onda Android Tablet,please contact us:
http://www.onda-tablet.com

ALSO SOME FOLKS SAY THE DC IS ROOTED ETC I FIND ITS NOT WITHOUT INSTALLING SUPERUSER,IF YOU DO THIS THEN UPDATE BINARY IN SU AND FULLY ROOT THE DC THEN INSTALL "NO FRILLS CPU" FROM PLAY YOU CAN CHANGE CPU GOVERNOR TO PERFORMANCE/PERFORMANCE 2 OR CLOCK IT.

Edited by sas007, 12 July 2012 - 06:08 AM.

live by chance
love by choice

#51 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:23 AM

thank for reply sas007 i think so with u i update wrong firmware about file boot.bin from firmware but now i cant do everything to flash again it cant power on cant charge cant do everything some one can help me

HI DID YOU TRY TO MODIFY THE FIRMWARE??

AS FAR AS I KNOW THE ONLY WAY AT THE MOMENT TO UPDATE THIS DUAL CORE IS IN RECOVERY.I THINK YOU NEED TO SPEAK WITH ONDA AND TELL THEM WHAT YOU DID AND WHAT HAPPENED SO THEY MIGHT HELP YOU.. AS IF IT WILL NOT POWER UP THEN YOU WONT BE ABLE TO SORT IT.
EVEN IF FIRMWARE BAD IT SHOULD STILL CHARGE WITH ADAPTER MAYBE JUST MAYBE IT JUST NEEDS CHARGING AND WOULD TRY THIS FIRST
THEN SEE IF IT WILL BOOT THEN FACTORY RESTORE THEN SEE IF YOU CAN GET INTO RECOVERY THEN UPDATE WITH THE https://rapidshare.c...1.0-0627528.rar

Edited by sas007, 12 July 2012 - 06:04 AM.

live by chance
love by choice

#52 throgwar

throgwar

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

For 1.5ghz on latest firmware ( 11 July).
"Android Settings/CPU Mode Settings/Set CPU Mode":
Perfomance mode: 1512Mhz
Normal mode: 1200Mhz
Power Saving mode :800Mhz

Antutu 1.5Ghz : 8909

#53 Kimmen00

Kimmen00

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

But every time I choose performance it still just goes back to normal when i go away from cpu mode settings.. don't get it too work. Read that other ppl had same bug. Also with cpu master etc u can't go higher than 1200.

#54 Kimmen00

Kimmen00

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Though I can choose power saving in cpu mode and it works...

#55 joojoof

joojoof

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

some ome can make minor link firm ware

#56 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

some ome can make minor link firm ware

ALREADY DONE IT MATE,CHECK OUT PAGE 2 OF THIS TOPIC
live by chance
love by choice

#57 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

onda vi40 dual core,, "the firmware contains Brush tutorial, please read carefully before flashing"
anyone got one of these as i can not see it in update,or can someone tell me how to do it properly.
Thanks
live by chance
love by choice

#58 joel-n1

joel-n1

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:13 AM

onda vi40 dual core,, "the firmware contains Brush tutorial, please read carefully before flashing"
anyone got one of these as i can not see it in update,or can someone tell me how to do it properly.
Thanks

I updated to the latest firmware yesterday (v1.0-0711) and I think it is a good improvement. The steps I used are:

1. Download the firmware RAR file. Info and link here: http://www.onda-tabl...-core_firmware/
2. Use WinRAR to extract files which will be:
factory_update_param.aml
g12refM1005-ota-eng.hai.wang.zip
u-boot.bin
uImage_recovery
update.zip
刷机教程.doc (I think that is just the instructions in Chinese)
3. Place all the files onto root of SD card in your tablet
4. Turn on Tablet on into recovery by holding power button and homebutton at same time.
5. It should start doing the update automatically, then reboot itself.
6. It will restart in Chinese so you need to go to settings, find language (has an "A" icon) and change it to English.

Hope that helps.

#59 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

I updated to the latest firmware yesterday (v1.0-0711) and I think it is a good improvement. The steps I used are:

1. Download the firmware RAR file. Info and link here: http://www.onda-tabl...-core_firmware/
2. Use WinRAR to extract files which will be:
factory_update_param.aml
g12refM1005-ota-eng.hai.wang.zip
u-boot.bin
uImage_recovery
update.zip
刷机教程.doc (I think that is just the instructions in Chinese)
3. Place all the files onto root of SD card in your tablet
4. Turn on Tablet on into recovery by holding power button and homebutton at same time.
5. It should start doing the update automatically, then reboot itself.
6. It will restart in Chinese so you need to go to settings, find language (has an "A" icon) and change it to English.

Hope that helps.

Hi thanks was what i was doing already..the only thing that confused me was when in recovery it gives you choice of the update zip and the person who made it,if you select the person one and do install its different to when you choose zip?
live by chance
love by choice

#60 Kimmen00

Kimmen00

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Did some more testing after a re-flash with the 07-11 fm.. now the "performance"-mode works (1512 mhz) and after testing antutu and quadrant I got the average score 9215 for antutu and 3966 for quadrant (run them 5 times each)!! Nice.. and even in normal-cpumode I got 7700 in antutu showing that Onda have made some system optimization since the last fm got ~6000 in antutu, good job guys!

Shame that google locaiton still don't work though.