• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#21 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:31 AM

Agree - the Vi40 Elite is great for almost everything except browsing. This is very frustrating, as I think it is something all the reviews I'd seen of the unit failed to mention, and they should have. Whether this was due to an over enthusiasm for the device, or failure to comprehend just how bad it is, or thinking it was a temporary problem that would be resolved, I don't know.

In general use, the the touch interface is often quite laggy, and the battery level and rotation bugs are also annoying. But tolerable.

I hope that a JB ROM from some source will be able to be installed on the tablet, and that this might improve things.

It is a great media tablet, has a great display and touchscreen, but not as useful as it should be for everything else.

Hi browsing with vi40 dual core using ics browser is lightning fast no hold ups or sticking.i am able to download in browser Simpy and easy and fast.
Its rapid as can be with no hang ups absolutely no problems what so ever
live by chance
love by choice

#22 nick789uk

nick789uk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:58 AM

Hi got mine the other day been playing with it for a few days, seems very responsive and the browser is quite fast, plays bbc iplayer and itv player and netflix ok I am quite impressed with the tab.

#23 1gadjet1

1gadjet1

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGloucestershire, UK

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

Hi got mine the other day been playing with it for a few days, seems very responsive and the browser is quite fast, plays bbc iplayer and itv player and netflix ok I am quite impressed with the tab.

Hi nick789uk.
Had mine for a week now, I agree excellant speed overall, I can't get location services to work or google account sync to work either (tried both firmwares for my version 1 unit no luck)
Also had a couple of screen lockups to?
I see from the onda.cn website they have removed the firmware links today?, maybe they are uploading new firmaware to help us out?
Tablet:(Current)
Onda Vi40 Dual Core.
Firmware: Vi40D_V1_v1.0

#24 1gadjet1

1gadjet1

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

Hi, is anyone else having problems seeing the firmware for these dual core onda's?, I downloaded the version 1 firmware, and the beta firmware during the week but today the website is not showing any firmwares anymore? the firwares I have are Vi40D_V1_v1.0 and Vi40D_V1-v1.0-0627528
http://www.onda.cn/M...x?ProductId=207
Onda Vi40 Dual Core.

#25 1gadjet1

1gadjet1

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hi,does anyone know how the onda site for this tablet shows a Antutu benchmark of 9205 and 7713?, I have tried Antutu and the best I get is around 6000?
I have tried adjusting the CPU settings but can't even get close?
Many thanks all.
Onda Vi40 Dual Core.

#26 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

Hi nick789uk.
Had mine for a week now, I agree excellant speed overall, I can't get location services to work or google account sync to work either (tried both firmwares for my version 1 unit no luck)
Also had a couple of screen lockups to?
I see from the onda.cn website they have removed the firmware links today?, maybe they are uploading new firmaware to help us out?

same here with the Google location service.
everything else seems great though.I think it just needs a firmware tweak or two
live by chance
love by choice

#27 omar 78

omar 78

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

I also have a onda dual core. I have a problem and I wish if some can help me ,I cannot upgrade flash from 10.2 to 11. And how I can unistall all the chinese applications please

#28 1gadjet1

1gadjet1

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

same here with the Google location service.
everything else seems great though.I think it just needs a firmware tweak or two

I took a risk and tried the V2 firmware on my V1 unit and it flashed OK?, everything worked OK with no obvious problems, I am even more confused now on model numbering!
Onda Vi40 Dual Core.

#29 Mp4

Mp4

Admin Ninja

• Administrators
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

you will need to root the tablet to be able to remove core installed apps
use the search function as i am not familiar with tablet ,check back on this post i will also do some research for you
Are you lost, Follow us on Twitter
http://twitter.com/slatedroid
C8+/Hp Touchpad/Galaxy Tab/
http://androidtabletfirmware.net

#30 1gadjet1

1gadjet1

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

you will need to root the tablet to be able to remove core installed apps
use the search function as i am not familiar with tablet ,check back on this post i will also do some research for you

Hi Mp4.
I use root explorer and point it at /system/app and long press the apk I want to delete, all the 4 Onda tablets I have had are pre rooted (thanks Onda).
The couple of programs I can't delete this way i just disable in the apps section (system settings, apps).
Onda Vi40 Dual Core.

#31 omar 78

omar 78

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:05 AM

Hi thanks I was able to delete them buy root explorer but still a cannot install the latest flash 11 is saying incompaltible device. I don't know if any one has also low sound problems because my tablet it has a low sound even in maximum level

#32 1gadjet1

1gadjet1

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

Hi thanks I was able to delete them buy root explorer but still a cannot install the latest flash 11 is saying incompaltible device. I don't know if any one has also low sound problems because my tablet it has a low sound even in maximum level

Hi omar 78.
I had the same problem with flash player, what I did was to remove "instal_flash_player_ics_0603.apk" with root explorer, switch off tablet, and then restart and get lastest flash player from the play store. I now have flash player version 11.1 (11.1.115.11)installed.
Onda Vi40 Dual Core.

#33 omar 78

omar 78

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

Hi omar 78.
I had the same problem with flash player, what I did was to remove "instal_flash_player_ics_0603.apk" with root explorer, switch off tablet, and then restart and get lastest flash player from the play store. I now have flash player version 11.1 (11.1.115.11)installed.

Hi thanks it worked after I restared the tablet. The only problems left are slow internet browsing. And the more that I wish to fix is the sound since is very low.

#34 Kimmen00

Kimmen00

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

Hi. Have an Onda vi40 dual core myself.. working superb I think, but I have the same annoying bug as many wrote about, that Google location service don't work, irritating.

Question: Have anybody been succesful on o/c the tablet? I have tried both setcpu and cpumaster (tntutu) but both onyl goes to 1200 mhz, seems locked by onda. Anyone that have managed to get it towards 1500 mhz?

#35 pippolo7

pippolo7

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

I have vi40 dual core
usb not working
vi40 internet key huwei e1750 not recognized
vi40 memory usb not recognized
vi40 pc ok

when I insert usb device nothing happens

which can 'be the problem?
hardware (no +5v ? ) or software

#36 joojoof

joojoof

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

i have problem when flash firmware V1 and v2 atfirst i flash onvi40 dual core 16 GB it no problem and when flash another one is onda vi40 32 gb same first tablet method but flash only firmware it complete when go to recovery mode to flash update zip when finish and reboot it ....have problem it hang when force stop and power on it dont respond but can go to recovery again but when flash again when finish and reboot it cant power on and gp to recovery mode now cant do everything
may some one can help me plz dont would like to send it returnback to china ? sorry for my bad english talk

#37 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

i have problem when flash firmware V1 and v2 atfirst i flash onvi40 dual core 16 GB it no problem and when flash another one is onda vi40 32 gb same first tablet method but flash only firmware it complete when go to recovery mode to flash update zip when finish and reboot it ....have problem it hang when force stop and power on it dont respond but can go to recovery again but when flash again when finish and reboot it cant power on and gp to recovery mode now cant do everything
may some one can help me plz dont would like to send it returnback to china ? sorry for my bad english talk

HI firstly i think you have updates wrong.there is no v2 dual core.and are both ondas dual core?if yes

This is first update
1)https://rapidshare.c...40D_V1_v1.0.rar

Then this is second update
2)https://rapidshare.c...1.0-0627528.rar

you must install in this order on both tablets 16/32gb

I do not know what to suggest except download these 2 updates transfer to SD card and insert SD card in tablet and try to boot back into recovery and flash in correct order.

Edited by sas007, 10 July 2012 - 11:55 AM.

live by chance
love by choice

#38 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

I also have a onda dual core. I have a problem and I wish if some can help me ,I cannot upgrade flash from 10.2 to 11. And how I can unistall all the chinese applications please

you can not upgrade to flash 11 as flash 10.2 only works for now on this dual core processors it was made for amlogic i believe.
and to delete apps you need to fully root ie install superuser app update binary then install this tool on tablet
http://www.mediafire...5827y9pubd6ijn1 its m-44 toolbox apk when you have root open app and at the bottom touch "installed"and navigate to apps you want to delete and touch, then input the given red code and select "delete by root",
it will ask to reboot but you can select cancel and reboot when you have deleted them all.then no more unwanted stock/system apps

Edited by sas007, 10 July 2012 - 01:02 PM.

live by chance
love by choice

#39 Kimmen00

Kimmen00

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

you can not upgrade to flash 11 as flash 10.2 only works for now on this dual core processors it was made for amlogic i believe.
and to delete apps you need to fully root ie install superuser app update binary then install this tool on tablet
http://www.mediafire...5827y9pubd6ijn1 its m-44 toolbox apk when you have root open app and at the bottom touch "installed"and navigate to apps you want to delete and touch, then input the given red code and select "delete by root",
it will ask to reboot but you can select cancel and reboot when you have deleted them all.then no more unwanted stock/system apps

I don't really understand this.,

1, the tablet comes fully rooted so you don't need to root it. Just install root explorer and you're fine.
2, u can install flash 11. Just delete 10.2, reboot then download 11.
3, there are a v1 and v2 of the onda dual core. Just look at all previous posts.

#40 Kimmen00

Kimmen00

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

I took a risk and tried the V2 firmware on my V1 unit and it flashed OK?, everything worked OK with no obvious problems, I am even more confused now on model numbering!

Did google location work with v2 firmware on your v1unit?