Reseller:
http://www.onda-tabl...p-hdmi-32g.html

If only I waited 3 weeks.

#2 Tempri

Tempri

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:00 AM

That can't be right...$8~ more for dual core and the same 32 gig storage? I don't think it's gonna be true dual core, just like it's not really 1.5ghz processor. Anyone gonna buy one soon so we can see the difference?

#3 motherofallbattles

motherofallbattles

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:29 AM

That can't be right...$8~ more for dual core and the same 32 gig storage? I don't think it's gonna be true dual core, just like it's not really 1.5ghz processor. Anyone gonna buy one soon so we can see the difference?

It is correct price, they are true dual-core. It as always been the same in Electronics. prices always fall,they also have competition from rk3066/A9 dual core tablet makers and the origianl price of the vi40 as dropped by $40 in less than 3 months.

#4 Tempri

Tempri

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:05 AM

But surely they'll reduce the single core ones by a lot now? I just bought mine 1-2 weeks ago :(

#5 Amethe

Amethe

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:35 AM

This new dual core version seems to have only one camera! This could be a showstopper for some of us.
-ame
Tablet: Onda Vi40 V3 Elite

#6 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:00 AM

Official Site:
http://www.onda.cn/M...x?ProductId=207

Reseller:
http://www.onda-tabl...p-hdmi-32g.html

If only I waited 3 weeks.

I tried telling people that dual cores were coming out by end of June and that they should wait for them. Some people even bought dual cores in mid to late May. ie, U30GT, Elf-II, W17 PRO, N90-II, etc.
Chinese Dual Cores Coming Out
Ramos - First 8726-MX Tablet Out

This is why very good idea to read through threads that are not under Onda forum too.

The Onda VI40 dual core is on sale right now. 1099 yuan for 16GB. 1099 CNY = $173 USD in China. Outside China, 10% higher = $190 USD + $25 for "free" shipping = $215 shipped. Anyone selling the VI40 dual core near or less than that is giving a great price. The 32GB sells for 100 CNY ($16 USD) more.
http://1pad.cn/2012/0613/6754.html

Single core tablets are all starting to drop in price to clear out stock.

You can either sell your tablet and get a dual core one or use it and be happy. No use worrying about it now.

Edited by Nickos-V, 22 June 2012 - 06:02 AM.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#7 nick789uk

nick789uk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

Hi how much better are these going to be than the single core, alsowhat about custom roms how long will we have to wait for them, also will the bring out different versions likr the did with the vi40, will it be woth getting one now or waiting a while to see what comes out.

Nick

#8 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

JUST GOT MYSELF ONE,LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. £138.00 PLUS POSTAGE £24.00)GOT TO KEEP UP WITH TECHNOLOGY WHICH IS GOOD CONSIDERING I PAID £195.00 FOR MY VI40 ELITE.
I GUESS IT SHOULD BE QUITE POWER FULL FAST AND SMOOTH
live by chance
love by choice

#9 cidereye

cidereye

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

But surely they'll reduce the single core ones by a lot now? I just bought mine 1-2 weeks ago :(

I'm in the same boat. Arrrrrrrggghhh. :(

#10 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi how much better are these going to be than the single core, alsowhat about custom roms how long will we have to wait for them, also will the bring out different versions likr the did with the vi40, will it be woth getting one now or waiting a while to see what comes out.

For gaming you can see the difference in GLBenchmark between the A10 VS 8726-MX.
http://img170.poco.c...9703610_003.jpg

Egypt Offscreen 4X better, PRO Offscreen 3X better, Fill Test 2.5X better.

Comparing the chips:
                  CPU                        GPU
    A10   1 x Cortex A8 @ 1 GHz     1 x Mali400 @ 320 MHz
8726-MX   2 x Cortex A9 @ 1.5 GHz   2 x Mali400 @ 400 MHz
The 8726-MX is about 3X more powerful in general than the A10 or 8726-M3 chips.

PS, if you like the brand & model then good to buy one now. Though demand is high and quality control maybe not the best but could be like that for awhile.

Edited by Nickos-V, 22 June 2012 - 12:52 PM.

*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#11 Man Fan

Man Fan

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:41 AM

Hmmm, it has no bluetooth :(

#12 creektrails

creektrails

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

I have the Vi40 Elite and it seems pretty slow navigating on webpages and what not. Will the dual core improve this? The vi40 is actually my wifes, maybe I'll wait for the dual core before purchasing my own. Regardless Im going to wait for Google to anounce their nexus tabs. Want to see how they compare features and price to the Ondas

#13 Nsowon

Nsowon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

I have the Vi40 Elite and it seems pretty slow navigating on webpages and what not. Will the dual core improve this? The vi40 is actually my wifes, maybe I'll wait for the dual core before purchasing my own. Regardless Im going to wait for Google to anounce their nexus tabs. Want to see how they compare features and price to the Ondas

I've got the same problem. So far, no ROM has given me a smooth browsing experience.

I thought it was because I'm in China, but my wife and I experimented and pages that open in a snap on my desktop and her laptop take sometimes minutes with refreshes to load on the Onda.
On the same connections, my Meizu M9 and her Galaxy Ace load pages with no problem.

This has been singularly the most unimpressive thing about the Onda tablet. All the software I need works fine.

It's a lousy advert for Onda, as when people want to see the tablet, surfing is something they look at straight away.

This applies across three different Wifi networks, all ROMS I have tried and using Stock/Opera/Boat mini browsers.

I thought all was good when I got Boat Mini, and it is the best, but in no way consistent.
My wife sits with her laptop and browses on the sofa. I have tried the tablet, but it's just easier *and quicker* to walk over and boot up the desktop.

David.

#14 Acoustic

Acoustic

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

Received mine in the post today. Screen and performance seem solid, having some issues with the built in speakers not working and with it not coming out of screen lock mode. Fingers crossed some sort of upgrade might fix the issues, otherwise its probably going to have to go back. Hope no one else is having similar problems.

#15 sas007

sas007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

THE VI 40 DUAL CORE IS STILL CHEAPER THAN THE ULTIMATE AND THE ELITE,STRANGE
live by chance
love by choice

#16 PeteMc

PeteMc

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:22 AM

Hi guys,

Hands up, I'm a noob, not got a tablet yet, and was thinking of getting a Vi40, was deliberating on getting an Elite (as it still has the rear camera) but the Ultimate sounds like its more stable (all just gleaned from looking at reviews & forums).
The dual core "sounds" like it should be better, but it appears to have been launched a bit too soon. Has anyone got one that works well? I've only seen comments about it having some serious issues...
Can anyone say if this new version is good to go yet?
Thanks
Pete.

THE VI 40 DUAL CORE IS STILL CHEAPER THAN THE ULTIMATE AND THE ELITE,STRANGE

#17 throgwar

throgwar

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

Received mine in the post today. Screen and performance seem solid, having some issues with the built in speakers not working and with it not coming out of screen lock mode. Fingers crossed some sort of upgrade might fix the issues, otherwise its probably going to have to go back. Hope no one else is having similar problems.

Got mine on June 26, tablet not coming out of lock screen while all the time checking the internal sd card (media partition) for errors.
After flashing firmware v1.0 19062012 from onda.cn, all issues are gone. Later Onda released other version of v1.0 firmware (29.06.2012) with wifi performance fix.
Tablet have 2 versions, version number is 9 and 10 characters in the serial number.
Recovery mode: Hold "Home button" and press power on and keep home until recovery mode or software upgrade from external SD card.

Google translated Chinese site.
http://tinyurl.com/88yjou4

#18 Maxitj

Maxitj

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

*smile it! I paid 250$ for a single core

#19 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

The dual core "sounds" like it should be better, but it appears to have been launched a bit too soon. Has anyone got one that works well? I've only seen comments about it having some serious issues...

Forget single core tablets (like A10) unless you get a really great price on them. Better to go with dual core. The dual cores have "minor" issues. In about 1-2 months time those should get worked out.

The 8726 MX/M6 tends to get hotter. I have seen some tablet makers underclock it to 1.2 GHz. RK3066 is the best ARM chip to go with. Look for tablets using that one.

Onda was 1 of my choices for tablet but they went with 8726-MX. So, that ruled them out. Instead I chose Cube U30GT @ 1.6 GHz. Really great sale on U30GT that I could not pass up on. Though Yuandao/Window has slightly better design.

PS, high demand for certain brands can mean lower QC. Something to watch out for.

#20 -=rjh=-

-=rjh=-

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

I've got the same problem. So far, no ROM has given me a smooth browsing experience.

I thought it was because I'm in China, but my wife and I experimented and pages that open in a snap on my desktop and her laptop take sometimes minutes with refreshes to load on the Onda.
On the same connections, my Meizu M9 and her Galaxy Ace load pages with no problem.

This has been singularly the most unimpressive thing about the Onda tablet. All the software I need works fine.

It's a lousy advert for Onda, as when people want to see the tablet, surfing is something they look at straight away.

This applies across three different Wifi networks, all ROMS I have tried and using Stock/Opera/Boat mini browsers.

I thought all was good when I got Boat Mini, and it is the best, but in no way consistent.
My wife sits with her laptop and browses on the sofa. I have tried the tablet, but it's just easier *and quicker* to walk over and boot up the desktop.

David.

Agree - the Vi40 Elite is great for almost everything except browsing. This is very frustrating, as I think it is something all the reviews I'd seen of the unit failed to mention, and they should have. Whether this was due to an over enthusiasm for the device, or failure to comprehend just how bad it is, or thinking it was a temporary problem that would be resolved, I don't know.

In general use, the the touch interface is often quite laggy, and the battery level and rotation bugs are also annoying. But tolerable.

I hope that a JB ROM from some source will be able to be installed on the tablet, and that this might improve things.

It is a great media tablet, has a great display and touchscreen, but not as useful as it should be for everything else.