Sanei N83 Problems

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 paulolesgaz

paulolesgaz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hello , I get the same problem, my N83 refused to boot after 15 days used. I let it with low battery, and when i came back I had the battery empty logo and since that no more ... I send it back for guaranty to the store I bought it (the only one in france in paris near montgallet) . they intempt to reboot it, to reset factory defaults values, they have openned it, and nothing.a month later, we are at the same point, and they will change it for a new one on next monday and send this one back to the china's factory..I think it's a recurent trouble and I'll take care to never let the battery at a low level in the future, until this bug will be fixed.

#22 denovo

denovo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

Hi - I haven't got such a serious problem but it's still very annoying. It seems like the wifi reception is VERY poor, so much that the web browser hangs so much browsing is just too painful.

Has anyone had similar problems... and solved them?

And what is CWM mentioned earlier?

#23 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hi - I haven't got such a serious problem but it's still very annoying. It seems like the wifi reception is VERY poor, so much that the web browser hangs so much browsing is just too painful.

Has anyone had similar problems... and solved them?

And what is CWM mentioned earlier?

yes this tablet has max 4.0 meter reception range. More than that is out of question..

if you write the same question of CWM in to Google search you can get all the answers...

#24 denovo

denovo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

yes this tablet has max 4.0 meter reception range. More than that is out of question..

if you write the same question of CWM in to Google search you can get all the answers...

Thanks. So CWM is ClockworkMod. But it sounds like the tablet has to be rooted to use that. What's the best way to root one of these?

(Sorry if that's a basic question, this is my first Android device. I've used linux, but it doesn't have this issue.)

#25 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

Thanks. So CWM is ClockworkMod. But it sounds like the tablet has to be rooted to use that. What's the best way to root one of these?

(Sorry if that's a basic question, this is my first Android device. I've used linux, but it doesn't have this issue.)

For rooting go to below link,
http://www.slatedroi...ks-superscript/

If you go for custom rom,
http://www.slatedroi...-cm9-nightlies/
I need to warn you the following; in order to install the rom zip file you have to replace stock CWM with a suitable one.
To do that download and install Novo7tools application to your Tablet and thru this app install/replace CWM from here;
Sry could not find the file and its link..

#26 denovo

denovo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

Thanks again sas_sas - all the script links are broken, but I've asked for a new one there.

Ok - I got the rooting to work :) What's the simplest way to improve the wireless performance now?

Edited by denovo, 09 October 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#27 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Custom Rom increases a little bit.

#28 denovo

denovo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

Custom Rom increases a little bit.

I thought I read somewhere there's something you can change in build.prop?

#29 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

I thought I read somewhere there's something you can change in build.prop?

Yes I have tried it. But I can not say it is too useful.
Wi-fi scan interval is 15 generally. It is suggested to change the figure to 180..
I believe this increase only the signal quality NOT range.

By the way, If you install one of the below roms either
or
http://www.slatedroi...34824-rom-aokp/
You will see the performance and the range will improve..

I have finally found the link of much more useful CWM image file need to replace w/ stock cwm img which prevents custom rom flashing.

- cwm-a10_6.0.0.7_nandj.zip
http://allwinner-cm9...0.0.7_nandj.zip

But be careful you have to learn everything about flashing..

One last thing, I sold out my Sanei Deluxe tablet a couple of days ago as I purchased Hyundai Rock X.
But I have digitizer failure with this new tablet and can not get any support from the manufacturer as well as the seller..

If I can not visit this topic often forgive me...

Edited by sas_sas, 10 October 2012 - 04:21 AM.

#30 denovo

denovo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Yes I have tried it. But I can not say it is too useful.
Wi-fi scan interval is 15 generally. It is suggested to change the figure to 180..
I believe this increase only the signal quality NOT range.

By the way, If you install one of the below roms either
or
http://www.slatedroi...34824-rom-aokp/
You will see the performance and the range will improve..

I have finally found the link of much more useful CWM image file need to replace w/ stock cwm img which prevents custom rom flashing.

- cwm-a10_6.0.0.7_nandj.zip
http://allwinner-cm9...0.0.7_nandj.zip

But be careful you have to learn everything about flashing..

One last thing, I sold out my Sanei Deluxe tablet a couple of days ago as I purchased Hyundai Rock X.
But I have digitizer failure with this new tablet and can not get any support from the manufacturer as well as the seller..

If I can not visit this topic often forgive me...

Thanks again - I'll try the wifi scan interval. I think I saw another parameter mentioned elsewhere - I'll have a look later.
Re the custom roms, none supports internal bluetooth, which is a major reason I got this f***ing tablet. But then it seems BT support is broken badly on Ubuntu too. :angry:
If I'd known the wifi was this terrible I'd have got a different one. :angry:
I think I'll write Sanei a rude email in Chinese.

#31 denovo

denovo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

Ok - I installed a build.prop editor & increased the scan interval (shouldn't that be rate?) from 15 to 50 - it helps quite a bit. I might push it a bit higher.

I think the other possibly helpful tweak was wifi packet size, but there's no pre-existing build.prop parameter for that. The build.prop editor allows new properties to be specified - does anyone know the correct syntax &/ helpful parameter values for the wifi packetsize?

Looking at the syntax for buffersize it might be
net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=[4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960]*
* or something similar.
But it sounds like build.prop is not something to be playing with :)

Also, does anyone know if the buffer size tweak in the link helps with the N83?

#32 Drizzit

Drizzit

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

My Tablet can not initiate charging any more after I discharged fully.

Even if it remained connected to charger hours and hours, when I turned on, I only see warning of battery empty. Tablet screen No more opening..

Any solution..

I found this forum because I was having the same problem with my Sanei N83 I bought about 2 months ago. The seller tride to tell me I needed to do a fresh install of the ROM but the tablet wouldn't open or connect to a computer to do that. After weeks of failed attempts, I was actually able to get it charging again by connecting it to a usb charger and dc charger at the same time. I let it sit like that for a few minutes, then pressed the power button and it started up.

#33 Gustavo Duenas

Gustavo Duenas

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

if tablet is giving you the booting problem. Please go to szsanei.com use your google chrome feature of translate(page on chinese), go to products, go to your sanei n83 model (8") look for the download firmware and download it (aprox. 30 minutes) and use the flashing tool and you'll have android ics 4.0.3 baseband 4.0.11. That will en up with your problem fortunately, if not....then you can open it as someone just told you. To flash the tablet to the new firmware you'll need to follow the instructions on the folder (they have it in english too ;)) a micro usb to usb cable and a windows computer.

#34 fatal.lordes

fatal.lordes

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Hi all, just curious as looking at the Sanei N83 (which apparently is same as Ampe A85). Curious to see if wifi range has been fixed. Eg., could I take it to shopping centre that offers free wifi and would it connect (as obviously I wouldn't be within 4m of hotspot as they are up on the very high ceilings. Also, what's the battery life like? Could I watch a 2-3 hour movie on the battery charge and maybe a bit more? Thanks

#35 natasha.bot

natasha.bot

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

İ have no such trouble but, İ may suggest something.
Your trouble is 'bootloop'.
İt probably happened after you installed some apps or changed some settings.

Solution, it needs to return factory defaults by resetting data etc that means you will loose some personel datas inside internal memory but not memory card.

Take out the mem card first. Then try to enter recovery mod.
- turn off tablet by pressing big button's (_) side till tablet turns off..
-turn on in recovery CWM mod by pressing the same buttons again till you see something.
-when you are in CWM make 'data factory reset' by selecting with big button's + and - side and execute by pressing power button.
-finally select and execute system reboot.
w
Hope it works out.. Otherwise you need to reflash stock Rom by livesuite..

Thank you for your answer but when you say "big button's" do you mean the big one with "+" and "-" signs? Cause when I push the (-) nothing happens.
(I have the Sanei N83/ 8gb)

Thank you again!

#36 natasha.bot

natasha.bot

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Thank you for your answer but when you say "big button's" do you mean the big one with "+" and "-" signs? Cause when I push the (-) nothing happens.
(I have the Sanei N83/ 8gb)

Thank you again!

#37 pedro.abreu

pedro.abreu

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Hi all,

I have a new Sanei N10 and the g-sensor is not working. The screen does not roatate when I rotate the tablet. Did anyone have this problem ?
Thanks in advance.

Pedro

#38 adrianxdroid

adrianxdroid

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

im going to try and unsoder the battery firs and then flash the device i need somebody to redirect me to a tutorial on how that works

#39 Archangel

Archangel

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

I've got Sanei N83 problems too.....Google Play Store keeps crashing, no matter what I do. I tried reinstalling 3.10.10, 3.10.9, even the market fix from another thread. The tablet is running 4.0.3, no OTA updates available.Build # is C-v3.03 crane_pub8-eng 4.0.3 IML74K.

I am a complete noob, and I haven't been able to find any *current* help on the forums. Can a friendly soul assist? Thank you.

#40 Nucky

Nucky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

For what it's worth...

My experience with the charging issue was to use the micro usb charger that I normally use for my smartphone (Motorola Defy) which worked well. Once charged, I got on to the Sanei website and installed the updated firmware. Once this was done, I could once more use the charger supplied with the Sanei. Seemed that this also marginally improved the wifi range.

Aside from rather slow boot times, I'm reasonably happy with the N83. For the price, it works quite well. Does have some bluetooth issues ( will only connect to certain devices)and switching between apps is sometimes a bit slow.

BTW, think it would be great if someone could post a complete runthrough of installing a custom rom for this tablet... that is from start to finish including all necessary software (CWM, LiveSuit etc.)

Nucky