Sanei N83 Problems

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 zippy628

zippy628

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

New problems. My N83 will not boot. It is stuck at the "MY SMART MY LIFE" screen. None of my computers recognize it when I plug it in to any of the USB ports. I've played around with the buttons while trying to boot it up but only got an android laying down with an exclamation point. It won't let me do anything from that screen either. I don't have any CFW, not rooted. It's stock. I've only had this tablet for about a month now and am really disappointed with all the problems.

Does anybody know how I can at least get it back to the home screen?

I have tried two windows7 laptops and an XP desktop PC, every USB port and many different cables, installed USB drivers from livesuite and not one computer sees this tablet. Anybody got any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I've tied so my combinations of button pressings, turning the PC and/or tablet on and off and plugging in cables and nothing.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Edited by zippy628, 06 July 2012 - 02:28 AM.

#2 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

My Tablet can not initiate charging any more after I discharged fully.

Even if it remained connected to charger hours and hours, when I turned on, I only see warning of battery empty. Tablet screen No more opening..

Any solution..

#3 zippy628

zippy628

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:33 AM

Even if it remained connected to charger hours and hours, when I turned on, I only see warning of battery empty. Tablet screen No more opening..

Any solution..

Sorry, no suggestions but I can sympathize with you completely! I've had nothing but problems with the N83 since day one.

#4 zippy628

zippy628

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

New problems. My N83 will not boot. It is stuck at the "MY SMART MY LIFE" screen. None of my computers recognize it when I plug it in to any of the USB ports. I've played around with the buttons while trying to boot it up but only got an android laying down with an exclamation point. It won't let me do anything from that screen either. I don't have any CFW, not rooted. It's stock. I've only had this tablet for about a month now and am really disappointed with all the problems.

Does anybody know how I can at least get it back to the home screen?

I have tried two windows7 laptops and an XP desktop PC, every USB port and many different cables, installed USB drivers from livesuite and not one computer sees this tablet. Anybody got any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I've tied so my combinations of button pressings, turning the PC and/or tablet on and off and plugging in cables and nothing.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

#5 c147258

c147258

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

Did you also pressed the hard buttons, to enable the right mode for livesuite?

My N83 is now around 2 months old and still very well.

#6 zippy628

zippy628

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:23 AM

Did you also pressed the hard buttons, to enable the right mode for livesuite?

My N83 is now around 2 months old and still very well.

Thanks for the reply. I have pressed the hard buttons in many different combinations with no luck. The computer(s) doesn't see the tablet. Do you know what the right combination is to enable Livesute?

I've had my N83 for about a month. It worked fine for the first two weeks. Google Play never worked but everything else did. I never tried to plug it in to USB so I don't know if that problem always existed and pretty much out of nowhere it started getting stuck at the boot up screen. That's when I figured that maybe I had to reinstall the firmware and found that no computer sees this tablet via USB. Do you know of any other way to reinstall the firmware? SD card or thumb drive?

#7 n10_bat_prob

n10_bat_prob

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:50 AM

Any solution..

Hi Sas_Sas,
I have the same problem with Sanei N10 which I just bought a month ago. I discharged it fully, and it now does not boot even after prolonged charging - it just shows an empty battery warning sign. Wonder you got any solution to your problem.

Dear all, please share your suggestions if you know how to solve this issue - please help!

#8 invu2day

invu2day

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

Any solution..

Thanks for the reply. I have pressed the hard buttons in many different combinations with no luck. The computer(s) doesn't see the tablet. Do you know what the right combination is to enable Livesute?

I've had my N83 for about a month. It worked fine for the first two weeks. Google Play never worked but everything else did. I never tried to plug it in to USB so I don't know if that problem always existed and pretty much out of nowhere it started getting stuck at the boot up screen. That's when I figured that maybe I had to reinstall the firmware and found that no computer sees this tablet via USB. Do you know of any other way to reinstall the firmware? SD card or thumb drive?

Hi Sas_Sas,
I have the same problem with Sanei N10 which I just bought a month ago. I discharged it fully, and it now does not boot even after prolonged charging - it just shows an empty battery warning sign. Wonder you got any solution to your problem.

Dear all, please share your suggestions if you know how to solve this issue - please help!

99% of the time the following solution will work if your tablet is stuck on boot:

You need to take the rear case off the tablet. It is just snapped in. If you can get a finger nail in around where the hdmi port is and loosen it all the way around.
You will see the battery is soldered to the main board. This needs to be totally disconnected and then resoldered back on. You may need to get someone who is competent with soldering to do this for you. After resoldering the battery wires your tablet should boot up again.

Edited by invu2day, 27 July 2012 - 08:40 AM.

#9 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

I overcame this issue by chance I think.
I have had the Car charger (purchased additionally) has 2000 mA. I used this one in the car and resolved. As a matter of the fact is that the battery was fully charged.
Then I purchased a new AC adaptor instead using original Usb cabled one.
I have no more the same problem.
Briefly change the AC power charge urgently. 5v / 1.5 or 2.0 A

#10 denovo

denovo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

I overcame this issue by chance I think.
I have had the Car charger (purchased additionally) has 2000 mA. I used this one in the car and resolved. As a matter of the fact is that the battery was fully charged.
Then I purchased a new AC adaptor instead using original Usb cabled one.
I have no more the same problem.
Briefly change the AC power charge urgently. 5v / 1.5 or 2.0 A

I haven't had any problems charging my N83*; it came with a 5V 1.5A charger...

*actually I've had several problems, but I think they're related to a) a faulty micro-USB cable & B) the OS on my laptop (Ubuntu) not working well with Bluetooth & Wifi hardware. Oh, and the Sanei wifi reception is very poor.

Edited by denovo, 27 October 2012 - 07:47 AM.

#11 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:04 AM

I haven't had any problems charging my N83*; it came with a 5V 1.5A charger...

*actually I've had several problems, but I think they're related to a) a faulty micro-USB cable & B) the OS on my laptop (Ubuntu) not working well with Bluetooth & Wifi hardware.

After I flashed w a custom Rom of Christian Troy I am much more happy.
My Tablet s performance increased and no more headache.
I have only one complain which is wi-fi range is quite a short..
There is signal reception difficulties more than 6 mt distance to modem router in the house..

What about yours ?

#12 Leron

Leron

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

Hi sas_sas,
you mentioned that you installed a custom rom.
coul you please detail where to find it and the instructions to install it?
My N83 is up-to-dated with the latest available OTA and the wifi range is low, like the one you are experiencing.
A friend of mine installed android 4.0.4 from the sanei site on his N10 and he claims tat the performance are improved a lot.
Unfortunately, such an upgrade is not yet available for N83.

Thanks

#13 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

Here is the Rom developed by Christian Troy for Allwinners Cpu tablets.
Flash it you will be happy.
Do not forget, at first you need to replace the stock CWM recovery.

http://www.slatedroi...759#entry364759

#14 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

Actually, I'm just going to pop in here with the voice of reason, I'm going to disagree with the "99% of the time" solution.

Although the person who posted that may have done this on 100 tablets and fixed 99 of them, it's difficult to argue with statistics.

I'm more of the opinion that tablets that fail to complete boot can be (mostly) fixed by reflashing the firmware.

I'd like to hear if the OP actually fixed their N83 or just gave up.
Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.

#15 Brösel

Brösel

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

Do not forget, at first you need to replace the stock CWM recovery.

http://www.slatedroi...759#entry364759

Hi sas_sas.
And how do i replace the stock CWM recovery?
I didn´t know it. Yesterday i tried to flash CM9. And after it wasn´t abel to flash the compatibility.zip.
Now i´ve got no working Touchscreen and no idea how to get back to stockrom.
I don´t get that Livesuit working properly...
Any request? Or have i briked it for the Moment?

Thank you. :-)

#16 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hi sas_sas.
And how do i replace the stock CWM recovery?
I didn´t know it. Yesterday i tried to flash CM9. And after it wasn´t abel to flash the compatibility.zip.
Now i´ve got no working Touchscreen and no idea how to get back to stockrom.
I don´t get that Livesuit working properly...
Any request? Or have i briked it for the Moment?

Thank you. :-)

Sry beeing so late.

I hope you have solved the rom flashing by now..
I know if you flash on top of stock CWM you can not flash the competibility.zip and you remain w/o touch etc..
That is why I took your attention about CWM replacement first.

Anyway you can not brick the tablet so easy..
Flash it with original ROM w/ livesuite and you can change the CWM later..

Turning off the device is also easy by pressing hard buttons simultaneously...

You must follow up C. Troy's correct topics to flash custom Rom..

#17 Sassinak

Sassinak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

I have a simpler problem with my N83: 2 built-in mail clients, conflicting. Any simple way to resolve this?

Apart from that, really impressed with it's slick design: surprised Apple hasn't sued yet, XD

#18 c147258

c147258

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Have someone downloaded the 0206 firmware?
Could he/she share it with me?

I have quite big problems to download it from the original site...

#19 natasha.bot

natasha.bot

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

Hello, I'm French and I was looking desperately for someone who had the same problem with his Tablet Sanei N83 and here you are! I would like to know if you managed to solve the problem...? Cause I have exactly the same, it remains on the screen "My smart my life" and then nothing... Please help me, I just bought that 2 weeks ago!
Thank you very much!
Natasha

#20 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

İ have no such trouble but, İ may suggest something.
Your trouble is 'bootloop'.
İt probably happened after you installed some apps or changed some settings.

Solution, it needs to return factory defaults by resetting data etc that means you will loose some personel datas inside internal memory but not memory card.

Take out the mem card first. Then try to enter recovery mod.
- turn off tablet by pressing big button's (_) side till tablet turns off..
-turn on in recovery CWM mod by pressing the same buttons again till you see something.
-when you are in CWM make 'data factory reset' by selecting with big button's + and - side and execute by pressing power button.
-finally select and execute system reboot.
w
Hope it works out.. Otherwise you need to reflash stock Rom by livesuite..

Edited by sas_sas, 08 September 2012 - 03:25 AM.