• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ch4rlii

ch4rlii

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 04:05 AM

Hi,it would be great to access shared folders over LAN on my PC.Unfortunatelly I can't get it working...Anyone else tried?Here is a link for the explorer:http://slideme.org/a...s-file-explorer

#2 dragonuk

dragonuk

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:44 AM

The latest versions won't allow you to put in server/share format. I can add the server but not the share.ASTRO File Manager is no different.You probably need to allow sharing of the entire hard drive C$ then it will work.

#3 jayrod

jayrod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:08 PM

mine works fine.windows 7 here

#4 Fc_Stains

Fc_Stains

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:08 PM

Sounds like it is only working with UNPNP and not standard network shares. Thats most like the the scenario with windows 7, unless the Elken is tcp/ip 6 capable? most likely not! :)I will be playing around with drive share/folder shares to see what works and doesnt. Meantime try sharing each folder you wish to access from the Elken in windows/linux/mac/what-ever your os, sharing each folder as a mapped drive. ie. c:downloads now becomes z: drive "mapping" the folder to a drive letter. This may well help. It is not UNPNP, but it may fix the problem.Good Luck!!and I will let you know when I get around to doing myself.

#5 jayrod

jayrod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:20 PM

standard shares work fine hereonce again :)

#6 dragonuk

dragonuk

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:51 AM

jayrodIs your Windows 7 firewall enabledWhat version of ES file explorer are you using

#7 jayrod

jayrod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:07 AM

No firewall ;)Version 1.4.1

#8 jayrod

jayrod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:08 AM

:)

#9 dragonuk

dragonuk

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:52 PM

jayrod,I am using ES File Explorer 1.4.1, when adding a new LAN share are you only adding the server IP or server IP/sharename.If I put server IP then I can save, if I put server IP/sharename it give me an error. If I click on the new share (using only server IP), it said my username/password was incorrect. But eventually I managed to get working.Here are troubleshooting I used1. Goto Control PanelNetwork and InternetNetwork and Sharing CenterAdvanced sharing settings, turn off password protected share (this can confirm whether it is username/password problems)2. Change username password3. Create a new share and then change username password4. Update ES share settingsIn Windows I don't use HomeGroup.

#10 jayrod

jayrod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:50 PM

i dont add teh shares :Pi click the "scan" button. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users