This is a continuation of the topic I started in the "what tablet have I got thread".
I purchased a second hand oem tablet with the following specs:
- 7" 1024x600 Screen
- Boxchip A10 1Ghz
- Mali 400 GPU
- 512mb ram
- 3g wcdma
Here are some pics:
After many hours searching I seem to have found a match in the LYXF LY-F8HD and/or Elijah M71G tablets but have had no joy getting firmware from either company.
In my attempt to unlock the market, I managed to bootloop the device, and unfortunately managed to flash the wrong firmware (these things shouldn't be done late at night while half asleep!) from a lower resolution LXYF device. While this seemed to have worked (according to adb logcat) I was unable to see any display.
So I did a teardown (sorry - no pics) and discovered that:
- The touch device used is an FT5406EE8 by focaltech (as used in the nook tablet)
- The wifi (and possibly sound?) chip is a realtek RTL8188CTV
- The bluetooth is an RDA5875 chip
- The 3g Module is labelled Think-Will MW100-?20? (Couldn't quite read the ?'s but a search for think-will mw100 brings up the module)
- The mainboard is labelled A088-Mainboard-V3.0.0 2012.02.25
So, because of the FT5xxx module touchscreen and 1024x600 resolution I tried the Essential Rom for the Aurora (ECR-Aurora-FT5XTS-v1.0a.img)
This boots fine, but with some nasty bugs:
- The bluetooth module doesn't load (I'm not too concerned about this)
- The side 'soft' buttons don't register (Again, not such an issue with an ICS rom)
- But the biggie is the touchscreen is WAAAY OFF base while registering my touches.
Anyone got any ideas what to try next? I've tried a few different roms, the major problem they all have is that the touch either doesn't work or is so misaligned that the device is virtually useless. I have emailed the oems who seem to be selling these, as neither have the original 2.3.4 firmware avaliable for download, but I'm not holding my breath. Instead I'm hoping someone smarter than myself (believe me that's not hard!) might have some ideas on alignment, if I can get touch working properly I'd happily forget about bluetooth and 3g data/mms because that's what my phone is for!
Thanks for reading
This post has been edited by dumpster.monkey: 21 June 2012 - 04:13 PM