20 replies to this topic

#1 dumpster.monkey

dumpster.monkey

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

Hi all,

This is a continuation of the topic I started in the "what tablet have I got thread".
I purchased a second hand oem tablet with the following specs:

• 7" 1024x600 Screen
  • Boxchip A10 1Ghz
  • Mali 400 GPU
  • 512mb ram
  • bluetooth
  • wifi
  • 3g wcdma

Here are some pics:
Posted Image Posted Image

After many hours searching I seem to have found a match in the LYXF LY-F8HD and/or Elijah M71G tablets but have had no joy getting firmware from either company.

In my attempt to unlock the market, I managed to bootloop the device, and unfortunately managed to flash the wrong firmware (these things shouldn't be done late at night while half asleep!) from a lower resolution LXYF device. While this seemed to have worked (according to adb logcat) I was unable to see any display.

So I did a teardown (sorry - no pics) and discovered that:
  • The touch device used is an FT5406EE8 by focaltech (as used in the nook tablet)
  • The wifi (and possibly sound?) chip is a realtek RTL8188CTV
  • The bluetooth is an RDA5875 chip
  • The 3g Module is labelled Think-Will MW100-?20? (Couldn't quite read the ?'s :p but a search for think-will mw100 brings up the module)
  • The mainboard is labelled A088-Mainboard-V3.0.0 2012.02.25

So, because of the FT5xxx module touchscreen and 1024x600 resolution I tried the Essential Rom for the Aurora (ECR-Aurora-FT5XTS-v1.0a.img)
This boots fine, but with some nasty bugs:
  • The bluetooth module doesn't load (I'm not too concerned about this)
  • The side 'soft' buttons don't register (Again, not such an issue with an ICS rom)
  • But the biggie is the touchscreen is WAAAY OFF base while registering my touches.

Anyone got any ideas what to try next? I've tried a few different roms, the major problem they all have is that the touch either doesn't work or is so misaligned that the device is virtually useless. I have emailed the oems who seem to be selling these, as neither have the original 2.3.4 firmware avaliable for download, but I'm not holding my breath. Instead I'm hoping someone smarter than myself (believe me that's not hard!) might have some ideas on alignment, if I can get touch working properly I'd happily forget about bluetooth and 3g data/mms because that's what my phone is for!

Thanks for reading :)
Sam.

Edited by dumpster.monkey, 21 June 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#2 WaterC

WaterC

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

I have been waiting this tab discus long time ago...I thing m71g have 1gb ram when f8hd 512 mb.... anyone know about stanby time with gsm only(data off)?

Sent from my novo aurora using Tapatalk 2

#3 dumpster.monkey

dumpster.monkey

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

Battery life seems reasonable, better than I expected from a 3000mah battery. I'll test out the GSM drain when I get the OEM firmware.

A couple of resellers on aliexpress have said they'll upload the firmware for me at some point next week, so fingers crossed. :)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

Edited by dumpster.monkey, 22 June 2012 - 11:54 PM.

#4 dumpster.monkey

dumpster.monkey

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

Also, regards the ram, I think the official tablets using this design are using 1gb, just some of the clones are using 512mb, probably to cut costs.

Overall I'm happy with the build quality - the front is sturdy, soldering is average but better than some a10 clone tabs I've seen.

My major gripe with the build is the rear of the case, very thin plastic, and if you hold it tightly on the back you create flare spots on the screen that could damage the ips LCD. All it needs is a thin shielding plate with some rigidity lining the back. This may only be an issue on my non branded version, but for a sub US$50 tablet I'm very happy

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

#5 WaterC

WaterC

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:33 AM

Tankx for the info...it so much concern on the batt 3000mah...and it don't have dicus comunity yet...but beside those 2 this tablet is what I want :)..sorry for my bad english

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

#6 dumpster.monkey

dumpster.monkey

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:12 AM

Tankx for the info...it so much concern on the batt 3000mah...and it don't have dicus comunity yet...but beside those 2 this tablet is what I want :)..sorry for my bad english

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The 3000mah battery is a shame. I'm not sure if I would buy one new, as I think I would favour battery life over built in 3g/bluetooth. As I only use it at home though, the 3000mah is fine.

If there is anyone else out there with one of these let us know how you find it :)

#7 dumpster.monkey

dumpster.monkey

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:12 AM

Still no luck finding firmware for this, lyxf haven't responded to my emails and an Elijah rep contacted me and said they only supply firmware to resellers or those who purchase direct from them :( Guess I'm not as patient as I thought- it's starting to frustrate me now!

#8 dumpster.monkey

dumpster.monkey

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

*bump*

Does anyone have contacts at lyxf? I would have thought that with the amount of ly-f1 resellers someone would have access to the ly-f8hd firmware?

#9 pranix

pranix

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

http://www.szaoson.c...d/download.aspx

http://www.lyxfsz.co..._view.htm?id=60

Edited by pranix, 21 August 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#10 pranix

pranix

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

any body here with feedback on the Elijah M71G/Aoson M71G OEM Tablets?

#11 manzezs

manzezs

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

i have had one for the last 3 month (aoson M71g)and think it is the best thing i have bought as of yet.it runs perfect and also runs my home computer with the hotspot. i have it working with GiffGaff so unlimited internet and also have it running with samba which is free internet barr the adverts you have to watch.
it is so good that i have now bought another 5 for my family. any questions i will ansa. the battery life is around 5/8 hours but i also have car charger with it too so it works perfect for me for when im out and about. my next tab i will be getting is the M901. you may think why ? well i buy and sell these sort of machines and have played around with a few of them. so far the m71g is the best. i sell them for 135 english pounds each so that talks for its self even if they are for sale on various sites for 80

Edited by manzezs, 11 September 2012 - 02:55 AM.

#12 Rey Rodriguez

Rey Rodriguez

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

I just purchased this tablet and have the following issue: If I install a SIM card the tablet will go to reboot cycle, remove the SIM card and it boots just fine, I kept tinkering with it until I selected background services/apps to "at least one" and it works near perfectly fine.
I looked before buying and all I did find was praises and how good the tablet was, I was also aware of the non existent support from the manufacturer.

Has anyone have had this issue? any ideas on how to fix it permanently?

Thanks

#13 jpepe

jpepe

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

i have had one for the last 3 month (aoson M71g).....

Hello i want to buy this modele but i have some questions..

1) Where can i find a second car charger or secteur charger ?
5v and 2A output are need, which connector model? is it standard ?
Do you try to charge it with micro USB port ? (5v is the same than USB port so ...)
3) Is it rooted modele ?
4) Connexion is stable using bluetooth headset ?
5) Is usb port compatible with standard external USB webcam ?

Sorry for my english

Thanks

#14 jpepe

jpepe

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hello

I find a way to root this tablet in this forum (search m71g)

Now i want know what type of charger i can use for car and home

help please

thanks

#15 kaymosd

kaymosd

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

I HAVE THIS AOSON M71G TABLET BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT I CANT SWITCH TO USE 2G ONLY TO SAVE BATTERY OPTION, ANYTIME I TRIED TO CHECK THE BOX IN FRONT , AFTER SOME SECONDS IT WILL UNCHECK ITSELF PLEASE HELP ME AND TWO, I NEED THE OPERATING MANUAL IN ENGLISH AND HOW THIS TABLET BE ROOTED.
THANKS.

#16 kaymosd

kaymosd

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

if anything happens to this tablet, how am i going to reload the firmware, what are the things needed for the reloading. thanks

#17 a495048214

a495048214

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

hello, i have the same problem. I tried ly-f8hd but the touch is way off anyway....

#18 kaymosd

kaymosd

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

nobody has been able to reply me. please am still waiting for the reply

Sent from my M71G using Tapatalk 2

#19 magnusaaa

magnusaaa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNorrland, Sweden

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

nobody has been able to reply me. please am still waiting for the reply

Sent from my M71G using Tapatalk 2

Hi!

I think I have (about) the same tab. The only visible difference that I have noticed is the screen resolution. To be honest I do not have the solution for you though I am more than willing to join you in the search for better firmware. Start.

My tablet is LY-F8S Basic 3G. I am kind of lost at the moment but my most important questions right now is:

How do I enter the mode for flashing another firmware?
How do I enable 3G data connection?
I have ICS 4.0, would I be better off downgrading to GB 2.3 since rumour has it that 3G data only works with 2.3?

When I bought it I was assuming that all the listed functions would work out of the box which most things did. However from what I have seen on various forums it seems that most suppliers refer to tutorials or fixes that are not made for this specific tab. And if someone in any way criticise the supplier they will generally argue that the customers are wrong in some way. Either they say that the customers must read the instructions properly or they will say that there will soon be an update which I have not seen so far. Does anybody think that it will be problems if I try flash firmware from any of the tabs mentioned in this thread?

Please help! You will be rewarded!
Live long and prosper!

Posted Image

#20 Trn

Trn

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:27 AM

Hi, I hope I will get help here.
My android has problem; in the beginning it start by a deadly slow in response to any instructions (touch screen).

Then the screen doesn't respond to touch at all. when I use the external keyboard any appication I opened will be closing automatically (going back to home page).
the tablet is;
LY-F8S (MID was written on the pack, and in the settings under about device it says it is L36)
HDD 8Gb
7" capacitive 800 x 600 touch
ports otg, micro sd and GSM sim
android 4.0.3
kernel 3.0.8+
RAM 1GB
Camera Dual
Wifi

I complained to the person I bought it (he is in China) he said it was a firmware problem. he sent me a link to download the firmware, phonix card and instructional video. i downloaded all. the phonixcard was version 1.01 (it could not run on my system) but I was able to get phonix card version 1.06 and run it. there was no change after the formating. but the firmware he sent me was that of LY-F8S, and that of my device was L36.
Therefore I inform him and request him to send me the firmware L36. after some days he send me a link to download the L36 firmware (but it was a demo) version. at first it report and error when selecting it. later he said that the first firmware he said the first firmware he sent was the one to be used.

Summary;
the tablet has these problems.
1. display is now half screen.
2. the screen is not responding to touch
3. the keyboard is not recognize
Thank you